Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE promised integration all across the game, where is it?

Toppien

20 hours ago, Rivyn said:

Phase 3 is when they add the story and additional mission types. The command intrinsic, which allows us to have AI crew, will also allow us to use are converted liche's (is the plural of lich 'liches' or 'lichs?') as crew. Space lich fights are coming. Just have to get Phase 3 out. 

I distinctly remember Steve doing a mission on Orb villas, and photon blasts rainning down. Then the railjack being called in, flying into orbit, space battles insues, then there is a force field over this one captial ship where your liche is, and you need help from another team on Earth.  Steve says er dur "mother#*!%ing battle of endoorrr" the separate team destroyed the force field, you go infiltrate the ship, and kill your lich. This could be fun if done right, This is also highly doubtful.

19 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That is... extremely optimistic. Here's my prediction: Phase 3 is just going to be a normal WF quest consisting of standard mission types, the command intrinsic is going to be delayed and ultimately useless, converted lich crew is going to be scrapped altogether, and DE is just going to move on to the next new thing, like adding a crappy rip-off of SimCity or whatever other completely unrelated game one of the devs happened to play recently.

More likely. 

command intrinsic would be nice. Just wont happen the way it should. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

At first, you said this

16 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

With that being said I guess the definition of sustainable for me would be more intrinsic  rewards with more polished overall gameplay and and update to the games mechanics more frequently. Changing and looking at older content to refresh it updating more tilesets adding more challenging enemies something that can keep me as a player engaged in the game rather then one shot about 99% of the star chart and without damage gating the other 1% 

Then, you said this

16 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You get a new gun and then what? You get the mods you don't use because most builds are marginalized within the same 20-30 mods and then what? You grind rj and get the new weps and emphera and then what? For me right now at least rj is somewhat a challenge but if you have a well organized team it's a breeze and I can say fun at times. But it all reverts back to the same thing. You're just playing to get the rewards and then what

If you're really playing for intrinsic rewards and challenge, you wouldn't stop playing just because you reached the top. It clearly shows you're still playing for the rewards, otherwise you would play solely for gameplay for the fun of blasting away fighters and crewships without asking "then what?" after you get everything.

You're not asking for sustainable content, you still have rewards as your motive to play where you want unending drop to keep you playing that "sustainable content". If you really want the intrinsic, you would keep playing like I do, still visiting earth even when you don't get any reward just for the gameplay as an example but for now? You're still chasing rewards

• Like 1

When Warframe first started, we had a handful of weapons and two tilesets spreading from Mercury to Pluto. 

iF oNlY tHeY FiNiShEd iT fIRsT.

They already have integrated everything into railjack. They just need to expand the scope over time. 

Really, the only thing they likely shouldn't have done is toss it out, not just that it was early, but that they went on vacation right afterwards. But, with our initial first impressions and concerns. They can mull it over and clear their head a bit over the break so they can come back with a fresh take after kinda pushing ahead for the last year with tunnel vision and making sweeping changes mid stream just to get the basics out.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Then, you said this

"For me rj is at least somewhat of a challenge but if you have an organized team it's a breeze and can say fun at times" 

^explain how this is playing for rewards?

I don't play for rewards actually, if we're being quite frank almost exclusively use the daikyu and Nikanas cause I'm a weeb at hear mostly when I'm playing. I have no need or want for anything in warframe because I have no need to get stronger. I have no need to grind out or want to grind out the newest mods because simply put there is no need for it. I'd prefer a challenge that puts my stuff to the test that's fun. I'd prefer them to reveist older content or add optional game modes or variations to make ones builds be tested. Revisiting the systems to bring life to the current gameplay and even if that dosent require me to change my build up its a breath of fresh air and may possibly cause me to enjoy the game more because of the new mechanics and have me test out and or want me to seek out new items for my versions of optimal for my playstyle. Rewards don't keep me here and I've told and explained this to you multiple times. YOU just don't like the ideology of sustainable content in my definition AND or im assuming  me because of me stating that d2 is beating out warframe in an active player base (which is a fair comparison) etc. You tend to try to shift words and try to make someone say something their not during these statements of yours

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

26 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

"For me rj is at least somewhat of a challenge but if you have an organized team it's a breeze and can say fun at times" 

^explain how this is playing for rewards?

I don't play for rewards actually, if we're being quite frank almost exclusively use the daikyu and Nikanas cause I'm a weeb at hear mostly when I'm playing. I have no need or want for anything in warframe because I have no need to get stronger. I have no need to grind out or want to grind out the newest mods because simply put there is no need for it. I'd prefer a challenge that puts my stuff to the test that's fun. I'd prefer them to reveist older content or add optional game modes or variations to make ones builds be tested. Revisiting the systems to bring life to the current gameplay and even if that dosent require me to change my build up its a breath of fresh air and may possibly cause me to enjoy the game more because of the new mechanics and have me test out and or want me to seek out new items for my versions of optimal for my playstyle. Rewards don't keep me here and I've told and explained this to you multiple times. YOU just don't like the ideology of sustainable content in my definition AND or im assuming  me because of me stating that d2 is beating out warframe in an active player base (which is a fair comparison) etc. You tend to try to shift words and try to make someone say something their not during these statements of yours

Just note, I agree with most you said but comparing Warframe to D2 does not promote your point.

Larger playerbase does not mean a better game. I'd say the same of Warframe if someone tried comparing it to a smaller game.

Warframe will never have sustainable content because the players do not want it. What is necessary to create that content means the removal of many outliers that some players have cultivated a dependency on.

Edited by Goodwill
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

then what?

This is where your problem is. If you've obtained the best, then what? You can keep playing with that best gear you have. What's the reason you can't play on Veil Proxima after getting all MK 3 parts with best rolls? What the reason you can't play on earth after having a fully modded daikyu?

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

This is where your problem is. If you've obtained the best, then what? You can keep playing with that best gear you have. What's the reason you can't play on Veil Proxima after getting all MK 3 parts with best rolls? What the reason you can't play on earth after having a fully modded daikyu?

You just completely ignored the question I asked you I never said this was an issue but for me (and apparently based on how numbers keep falling in retention) maybe they should focus on more intrinsic rewards. And also that's not a problem at all. As I'm still playing right? Years in with my daikyu and Nikanas??? I've never condemned someone's playstyle like your trying to passively  accuse me of

28 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Just note, I agree with most you said but comparing Warframe to D2 does not promote your point.

Larger playerbase does not mean a better game. I'd say the same of Warframe if someone tried comparing it to a smaller game.

Warframe will never have sustainable content because the players do not want it. What is necessary to create that content means the removal of many outliers that some players have cultivated a dependency on.

Yes and no. I'm terms of sustainable content it's such a vague term and I do have faith that they can implement it in a way that is great for the game. 

I'm not saying that bigger player base better game (because that's a subjective point being that we might see the game better or worse for different reasons) I said to him that d2 is beating wf out in active players and with that you can say many things besides the game is better (there is more content within the game a more active dev team, better roadmap etc which again may be subjective.) he stated comparing wf to d2 in players is unfair because wf has a separate launcher you can access. (I told him that's false and even so both games are across multiple Platforms and still d2 objectively still beats warframe in active player base. I'm not trying to bash warframe because I love the game. But it's a fact that d2 is beating out wf in active players 

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Let's imagine that DE's first iteration of Railjack was fully integrated into the game. That it spread its tendrils into the entire star chart and instantly became a daily do.

Now all of the inbalances, all of the bugs, all of the design flaws, now those things are tainting the entire game. It could absolutely destroy the content loops, reward balances, everything would be broken. 

Na, I'd much rather have Railjack's first iteration be in a walled garden so the kinks can get ironed out. This also helps DE get a more clear feedback on Railjack itself instead of being tainted by other decisions. Once the kinks are out, once it is ready for prime time, then integrate it into the entire game. 

I can get with this, because there is so much about this iteration of Railjack that makes me not want to play. I'm not even going to talk about the bugs because we're all still discovering them and the full scope of that won't be known for awhile anyway. Its also par for the course whenever they do a major change to the game and we went through this when DE added open world maps.

The biggest issue with this mode is straight up things that weren't thought through or things that didn't have time to be properly tested combined with the release timing (right before going on a winter break) making everything worse that it should have been. At least the community is taking it better than it did the last time DE dropped something before a winter break. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Yes and no. I'm terms of sustainable content it's such a vague term and I do have faith that they can implement it in a way that is great for the game. 

I'm not saying that bigger player base better game (because that's a subjective point being that we might see the game better or worse for different reasons) I said to him that d2 is beating wf out in active players and with that you can say many things besides the game is better (there is more content within the game a more active dev team, better roadmap etc which again may be subjective.) he stated comparing wf to d2 in players is unfair because wf has a separate launcher you can access. (I told him that's false and even so both games are across multiple Platforms and still d2 objectively still beats warframe in active player base. I'm not trying to bash warframe because I love the game. But it's a fact that d2 is beating out wf in active players 

That's true, but I think DE needs to stop reaching for new players until they have Warframe set. D2, as far as I'm aware at least knows what game it wants to be and can play to its strengths and weaknesses. Warframe doesn't know what it wants to be yet for better or worse. On the bright side, at least we know Warframe "can" be a better game. This isn't like sitting in the Fallout 76 forums and hoping Bethesda will do a No Man's Sky turnaround.

11 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

That's true, but I think DE needs to stop reaching for new players until they have Warframe set. D2, as far as I'm aware at least knows what game it wants to be and can play to its strengths and weaknesses. Warframe doesn't know what it wants to be yet for better or worse. On the bright side, at least we know Warframe "can" be a better game. This isn't like sitting in the Fallout 76 forums and hoping Bethesda will do a No Man's Sky turnaround.

Been saying this for a year now brother I agree so much 

20 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I think Warframe is set. It's been a corridor dungeon looter shooter. DE is probably done with that aspect of the game.

I really doubt DE would be passionate working on a Warframe game that was just a bunch of tilesets and bosses. 

That's one of the reasons why I stick around personally. To see where the game is going. 

I think anyone waiting for Warframe to be a "better game" is wasting their time. It's going to be what it's always been.a grinder looter shooter with experimental side task. 

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think Warframe is set. It's been a corridor dungeon looter shooter. DE is probably done with that aspect of the game.

I really doubt DE would be passionate working on a Warframe game that was just a bunch of tilesets and bosses. 

That's one of the reasons why I stick around personally. To see where the game is going. 

I think anyone waiting for Warframe to be a "better game" is wasting their time. It's going to be what it's always been.a grinder looter shooter with experimental side task. 

Very broad strokes there. I still don't think Warframe knows what it wants to be outside of an action game set in space.

Does Warframe want to be a power fantasy, god sim or does it want to be a galaxy's struggle for survival? What I mean is that gameplay-wise, it doesn't make sense that we haven't conquered the known galaxy and beyond yet and why Grineer, Infested or Corpus even still exist. Story-wise, it's like we are always on the backend, trying to hide from everyone and only bringing in small wins when and where we can. Even Dynasty Warriors which is kinda bad (except for 4, 6 and 9 and Orochi series) is still not that bad when it comes to story/gameplay dissonance.

What I'm saying is that Warframe is very disconnected from itself and what it wants to be and the above is simply one example.

13 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

What I mean is that gameplay-wise, it doesn't make sense that we haven't conquered the known galaxy and beyond yet and why Grineer, Infested or Corpus even still exist.

Well I'd say it's because the Tenno are unfathomably outnumbered. Sure, we can effortlessly mow them down, but they just keep coming. Even if in the story we're as strong as we are in the game, there's still a million enemies for each of us, and enemy numbers keep growing. Grineer keep cloning, Corpus keep manufacturing proxies, and the Infested do whatever it is that they do. 

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Well I'd say it's because the Tenno are unfathomably outnumbered. Sure, we can effortlessly mow them down, but they just keep coming. Even if in the story we're as strong as we are in the game, there's still a million enemies for each of us, and enemy numbers keep growing. Grineer keep cloning, Corpus keep manufacturing proxies, and the Infested do whatever it is that they do. 

Not to mention we have absolutely no experience ruling anyone and are utterly unqualified, as are the syndicates. They're all either too narrow-minded or similar to old regimes to be trusted in a wholesale position of power. If we did pick up the pace and destroy the existing factions, there'd be nothing to take their place. Doing that is exactly what set up this situation to begin with, so why would we do it again?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

The game limitations arbitrarily stop us from wiping them off the cubic volume of the universe. Millions? That's like a Volt and Saryn wet dream there. There is currently no enemy in the game who by story we cannot defeat outside of maybe Sentient leaders and Hunhow. If we could just jump to all production facilities, per Tenno would wipe it out in minutes.

I reiterate, the only thing keeping the enemies from total extinction is DE but nothing in-universe.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Not to mention we have absolutely no experience ruling anyone and are utterly unqualified, as are the syndicates. They're all either too narrow-minded or similar to old regimes to be trusted in a wholesale position of power. If we did pick up the pace and destroy the existing factions, there'd be nothing to take their place. Doing that is exactly what set up this situation to begin with, so why would we do it again?

Conquerors have not always been rulers.

27 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Conquerors have not always been rulers.

Like I said, the Syndicates are also not in a position to rule. The Veil, Suda and New Loka are all too single-minded to avoid devolving into another kind of tyranny or to not collapse outright. The Steel Meridian are military, and military coups rarely wind up working long-term. The Perrins are basically just the Corpus, and the required upsizing to system-wide would probably require the re-hiring of any surviving Corpus still under those doctrines. And the Arbiters are probably the closest, but their doctrine that prioritises the myth of the Tenno over anyone else would probably either wind up with everyone worse-off or the Tenno in charge, which is not a good idea.

14 hours ago, Toppien said:

well i know the squad link thing is meant for part 3, but what about the kuva lich system? it was completely isolated from the original idea 6 months ago, one would had thought it was going to be implemented temporally as a stand alone mode at part 1 and reintegrated with part 2, but now part 2 is here with the railjack and there's no reintegration to be found

and ok sure you are right, as i said before sht happens and thing have to go differently, but scrapping entire months of work just because it has to come now, and not even to work on it later but just totally getting scrapped, one would feel kinda deceived by that

for last, well this is my personal opinion but corpus look better than grineer for space battles ¬_¬  but whatever, is still fun.

It would have been an utter waste of resources to reimplement the kuva system with phase two. The lich system is still a very new system so a reimplementation of it that soon, in a mode that is in alpha/beta stage just doesnt seem like a good idea. It would also drag attention from feedback that they want specifically for RJ if they included liches in it aswell. Better they focus on getting RJ right then shove the liches in there with a new balance of that system, heck a full rework could be needed of it before reimplementing it somewhere.

I think they scrapped the whole Corpus thing when they decided on having the first "Kingpin" system as Grineer Liches since assets and the whole system could be used for RJ. Feels like the Liches simply took the place of Corpus, if it hadnt been for them it might have even been possible that we'd have Earth, Venus and Veil instead of Earth, Saturn and Veil. The Veil would have been occupied by Grinner, Corpus and Sentients. But I'm ok with them fleshing it out in a test stage. It is already a pretty solid system aside from lack of mission types, the few remaining bugs and the lack of an NPC system.

Yeah agreed, corpus does look better for space battles. I also get the feeling that Corpus would be much more fitting as the fighter using faction with Grineer being the massive ships and massive guns faction.

On 2019-12-25 at 8:53 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

Warframe is already light years beyond most AAA games and has brought out the most spoiled brat in most of us. I don't care what talking point anyone can generate against it, any game that can establish 5+ year relationships should never be told it can be a "better game". Better than what? Other games' sequels? Other genres? Which genre?

Now, considering this is a free game, the trade off has always been community involvement. No other game has this type of open relationship where we help direct its journey. We're asked and relied upon, as millions of players, to report bugs the devs couldn't see. Days of testing as many frames, weapons, effects, affects, sounds, mods, cosmetics, terrains, doors and mechanics as reasonably possible for a game this big, EVERY SINGLE UPDATE, is very unrealistic. We, the players, don't like waiting. Therefore, millions playing can go a lot faster versus tens or hundreds. It's been an expressed trade-off for as long as I can remember.

Of course, we all know this isn't ideal for us anxious players but we're also equally or more impatient. DE chose to release, regroup, read the data, fix issues and then release phase 3. I'm enjoying the hell out of Railjack and just hit Saturn. If this is the "practice stage" with just the Grineer then I cant wait till things really get nuts!