Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expectations for command intrinsic tree

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

On 2019-12-27 at 7:37 PM, HugintheCrow said:

That one is called "Recall Warp" and it's part of Tactical tree.

Only works when going to RJ. Believe it or not there are more things on the map other than RJ. When there are 2 Crewships beside each other it makes more sense to just destroy one, leave it and board the other rather than TP back to RJ and Slingshot all the way back. Or if you want to go from the last Crewship to the Asteroid Base Obj.

You should stop trying to be clever, it doesn't suit you.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-27 at 7:22 AM, Yetman said:

But really, seeing as they've aknowledged people soloing the new content within days of release when their intention was for it to take coordinated groups weeks or months, the've got so much reworking to do I'm expecting to never even see this thing release.

This is what I was thinking. Like with the main content of Warframe, once you pass a certain equipment level, things become laughably easy. Inconvenient, tedious and maybe slow, but easy nonetheless.

AI on turret probably won't be too broken and I assume they would act exactly like the AI on Crewship turrets just with a different weapon. I'm cool with that but 90 fighters would go down... real fast if you have like a good Carcinox or Photor.

The question will be will they have a physical AI model having to traverse around the ship to do their duties or are they just going to have a menu and some voice lines? On the one had, at least with how they designed Railjack, AI will not have any more problem navigating the structure than a normal tile (syndicate companions on syndicate missions for example). Which I'm saying, they'll still have the same problems but I don't see it being egregiously worse.

As for boarding parties, it would be cool if I could just install a lot of MOA cabinets on the Railjack. They may not be to kill the boarders but the boarders are not going to be doing anything productive for a while.

2 hours ago, HintOfMalice said:

Believe it or not there are more things on the map other than RJ.

Didn't notice that, tbh, I completed most of my railjack mission sitting in the ship for 90% of it, only going out to kill crewships (and I explained already how it's a joke, thanks to the slingshot). But hey, there is also "Join warp" if you really need it too.

You should stop being snarky when someone is trying to help you out, btw. It pays to be thankful instead.

Edited by HugintheCrow

On 2019-12-26 at 9:40 PM, Toppien said:

give me the NPCs from code vein and ill be happy

https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Code-Vein.jpg?w=620

yea.... Io pretty much can carry you through the game with ease "i'm not much of a fighter" *proceed to 1-2 shot enemies on the field* "i hope i am being helpfull"

yea, so long we can get OP crew that it's only use i keep the railjack from blowing up, then i am all for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goodwill said:

MOA cabinets on the Railjack

This. This is a really great idea! Especially since whenever they add Corpus to the RJ mission nodes, their ships will more than likely have them, so why not steal the technology akin to how we do so for weapons? Another good one would be for the Spectre squads we build in the Orokin Labs to have a Pokeball dispenser installed in the RJ. Have Tactical or Command (when released) set it up, and they'll be able to take care of boarders and such.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-29 at 3:27 PM, HugintheCrow said:

You should stop being snarky when someone is trying to help you out, btw.

Don't pretend you were trying to be even remotely helpful. You were being sarcastic from the beginning. Not sure what kind of thanks you think you're entitled to.

I’m kinda hoping we have a reason for all are liches. Like in a mission if your lich dies a new one out of all the converted comes. It would just keep doing this until all converted lich die.

this would give people a reason to have more then just a few.

also im sure level 8 is going to be related to some kinda fighter. Don’t know if it’s piloted or not but since the rest are archwing things would make sense.

10 hours ago, HintOfMalice said:

Don't pretend you were trying to be even remotely helpful. You were being sarcastic from the beginning. Not sure what kind of thanks you think you're entitled to.

Oh, no, no. You're being too angry for your own good, when you could learn something instead. If you recall this started because you said "you always die instantly when exiting railjack". This means you do have very little understanding of railjack and would do well to listen to people trying to help.

My hints reduce this risk to zero, let me explain the playstyle in detail:

1. Sit on guns and defeat fighters.

2. When a Crewship appears, use slingshot to board it (you are invulnerable while using it, so crewship can't kill you).

3. Destroy reactor immediately and use recall warp to go back to railjack (This means you simply can't die on the trip back). Additionally I use Zephyr with Turbulence to ensure the grineer can't shoot me dead.

4. Resume gunning down fighters, repair anything that needs repairing.

5. If there are secondary objectives they should be done AFTER you defeat all fighters and crewships, otherwise you may lose rewards from them! (Base Captains will not drop anything if you kill them before all ships have been destroyed). Then it's looting the map time. This is the only 2 times you will ever need to equip your archwing and actually fly around, but since there is no ships to kill you, you will not die.

As you can see, using what I suggested to you before entirely allleviates the problem you had. No need to thank me.

All I expect is for the crew to keep the fires/electrical/hull breaches repaired.
I can do the rest myself.

(my friend, who I duo with occasionally, says the side turrets are no fun to try to use with given how I pilot, which is likely true. He also doesn't have gunnery2 yet.)

For potential crew members, I'm expecting a combination or limited selection of:
Fortuna repair guys
syndicate security forces
spectre deployment
potentially pet guard Kubrow/Kavats
someone manning the turrets

As this Intrinsic tree is supposed to enable solo'ing:

A command intrinsic to order NPC crew to perform Forge functions from the pilot seat. (which would mean, we need the forge contents displayed)
Possibly a command intrinsic to have an NPC take over the pilot seat to stay locked on target with the current target, allowing us to leave the pilot chair, descend into the main cannon, and fire that thing. Or lets us run back to the Archwing slingshot to board the crew ship we're following.

To make the UI coherent, I would put the Command Intrinsic "commands" on a menu mirroring Tactical, so "hold R1, press left" is Tactical on controllers, "hold R1, press right" is Command.

On 2019-12-29 at 3:55 PM, AandOE said:

This. This is a really great idea! Especially since whenever they add Corpus to the RJ mission nodes, their ships will more than likely have them, so why not steal the technology akin to how we do so for weapons? Another good one would be for the Spectre squads we build in the Orokin Labs to have a Pokeball dispenser installed in the RJ. Have Tactical or Command (when released) set it up, and they'll be able to take care of boarders and such.

I like this.   Especially considering how many specters I end up with just running lich missions.  A rescue node turned exterminate for lich means I have many vapor and phase specters on inventory (because it rewards me rescue mission rewards regardless.)

10 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Oh, no, no. You're being too angry for your own good, when you could learn something instead

I'm not angry, and there's nothing to learn here, you're just being a troll. A bad one, at that.

This means you do have very little understanding of railjack and would do well to listen to people trying to help.

I've got a pretty reasonable understanding of Railjack, I'm sure there are many people more experienced than I, but I've still accrued a good amount of experience myself. Still, I'm willing to learn from anyone who is willing to help me improve my understanding, it's just that nobody has attempted to help.

Despite how it may sound, I don't mean that as a general complaint; I'm not expecting anybody to help because I haven't reached out for help. I'm perfectly happy learning things for myself as I go along, it's just that if someone offered help I'd obviously appreciate them.

My hints reduce this risk to zero, let me explain the playstyle in detail

Avoiding the problem is not a substitute for fixing the problem.

As you can see, using what I suggested to you before entirely allleviates the problem you had.

It doesn't, due to the above. Problem still remains that leaving RJ through air-lock is suicide. You often don't even have time to Blink away or use Penumbra before you die. Electing to play in a way that advoids this feature of the game does nothing but cover up the issues with the feature. Your "help" also doesn't account for going from Crewship to Crewship, or Crewship to Obj, or Obj to Crewship. It's all well and good saying no to go to Obj until the end because the boss won't drop loot (not sure if that's even true, but for the sake of argument I'll accept that it is) not all the Objectives are bosses. And most of them (Ship killer + Missile platform + Pulse turbine) actually give you a benefit (or more specifically, remove an obstacle) if you target them earlier.

No need to thank me.

Of course not, because you've been about as useful as Spectral Scream.

On 2020-01-01 at 5:56 AM, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

All I expect is for the crew to keep the fires/electrical/hull breaches repaired.

While that would be cool, I don't repairing would be in Command. If only for the fact remote repairing is already a intrinsic Engineering.

• 1 month later...

To start it off, I think they'll add a new feature to the Drydock that allows for the construction of AI-Piloted fighters with a deployable limit that scales 1:3 with MR.

COMMAND*
*only effects Railjack Captain

Rank 1
Crew Omnis
On-board AI crew attempt to repair hazards and ruptures at half of default rate. Breach repair window increases by 25%.

Rank 2
Lich Bodyguard
Bring a Kuva Lich onto the Railjack that guards the Captain while on-ship and patrols the center of the Railjack while the Captain is away. Can Apply weapon mods to the Lich's weapon as if it was Level 40.

Rank 3
Auto-maneuver
While no pilot is present, Cephalon Cy assumes direct control of the ship and uses basic evasive maneuvers and attempts to align the front of the Railjack towards the nearest large enemy craft.

Rank 4
Forgemaster
AI crew member (perhaps Clem, even) that will craft one random payload by double the default amount periodically. Will defend the Forge against intruders.

Rank 5
Lich Raider
Bring a Kuva Lich onto the Railjack that assists the Away Team. If no Away Team is active, the Raider will patrol the turret and pilot sections of the Railjack. Both Liches will be modable with some Warframe mods as if they were Level 40.

Rank 6
Upgraded Combat Cephalon
Cephalon Cy will perform advanced evasive maneuvers and will utilize pilot turrets in Auto-maneuver Mode.

Rank 7
Auto-gunner System
While unmanned, wing turrets will moderately track and fire at enemy targets within visible range.

Rank 8
Cephalon-Fighter Link
Tenno fightercraft gain 20% more Damage and 30% more Health, Armor, and Shields. More aggressive hostile tracking.

Rank 9
Lich Fighter
Gain 1 fighter slot, reserved for a Kuva Lich. The fighter will benefit from the Railjack's Integrated Avionics and use the equipped Defensive and Offensive Battle Avionics.

Rank 10
Interior Sentry Network
Railjack gains interior sentry turrets in key areas of the ship that scale to area level. Damaged turrets can be repaired with 20 Revolite.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-27 at 10:54 AM, HintOfMalice said:

I want the "Stop getting one shot the seconds you jump into AW in a Railjack mission" skill. Not sure what that's got to do with Command but I want it anyway.

Don't like getting one-shotted? Stop going out into the fray in your AW. Use rhino. Slingshot directly onto crewships. Skin up and roar. Run to reactor. Stomp. Use cipher or parazon to hack. Blow up reactor. Omni back to railjack. Less than 15 seconds total. Lather, rinse, repeat for the other crewships. Use particle ram as second shield. Shoot moving targets. After fight, pick up floaters in your AW.