Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expectations for command intrinsic tree

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

jZBMrP.gif

But really, seeing as they've aknowledged people soloing the new content within days of release when their intention was for it to take coordinated groups weeks or months, the've got so much reworking to do I'm expecting to never even see this thing release.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I’m really hoping command won’t be useless with other players. Or when you join a ship. It can be less useful sure, but at lest let us take 1 lich with us or something.

“For every other player in squad, a Tenno’s effective Command rating is reduced by three bars. Thus, a solo player has full use of their Command intrinsic, a squad of two will see each player’s Command reduced by three bars, a squad of three will see each player’s Command rating reduced by six, and with a full squad of four, all Command ratings are reduced by nine bars.”

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

A Lich might be able to though.

Also maybe Clem can join us too since he's pretty good at Grakata-ing things.

We can be fairly sure they can.

Imagine loading a Ramsled with a Lich into the Archwing Slingshot, the Lich hitting the crewship and then just declaring this ship is theirs. When the crew try to resist? They get enthralled. Cue the whole Crewship getting the Thrall effect, and being on your side for the rest of the mission. Your lich would probably have to stay aboard on account of not having a way back though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Imagine loading a Ramsled with a Lich into the Archwing Slingshot, the Lich hitting the crewship and then just declaring this ship is theirs. When the crew try to resist? They get enthralled. Cue the whole Crewship getting the Thrall effect, and being on your side for the rest of the mission. Your lich would probably have to stay aboard on account of not having a way back though.

I'm imagining it, but the question is more if DE will do anything that awesome or not.

...I'm hoping it turns out that way though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

what is everyone hoping for this tree to do?

hoping we can have more than 3 NPCs on our Railjack at any given time, but at the very least:

- one NPC who can pilot, using a preset route with commands such as advance and fall back to better deal with the flow of battle. ideally they should also be able to fire the nose cannons with reasonable accuracy. perhaps also a command to use Battle Avionics.

- two NPC gunners, one for each side, each able to fire with reasonable accuracy and a command for using Special Ammo.

- one Engineer NPC who can handle repairs and manage the forge, at least for themselves.

ideally I would also like (for the perfect setup)

-  at least two NPCs to act as Security and protect engineers from boarding parties. failing this, I've found Specters will suffice, but considering the toughness of boarding parties, more security is preferable.

- one Forge NPC who can be commanded to refine and make Revolite/Flux/special ammo when necessary.

the rest, namely dealing with objectives, Forward Artillery use and Slingshot usage can remain the player's responsibility, as these are very active roles. I do believe that this is probably too much to ask for though, and unless DE spends considerable time on the AI, we will end up with no pilots, and braindead gunners who couldn't hit a cow's a$$ with a banjo. let's hope they don't rush this time.

• Like 1

For each crew type to base itself on the stats of your own Intrinsic levels. Level 4 Tactical? They can blip around doing stuff. Level 10 Tactical? You go into the base, Kuva Lich blips to you, you blip back, the Kuva Lich finishes the objective, blips back to you. Blip blip, blippity blipblip.

• Like 2

It's probably going to be like this. Tier 1: You can assign an NPC to a turret. Tier 2: You can assign an NPC to both turrets. Tier 3: NPCs automatically Refine resources when one hits 200! Tier 4: NPCs have a chance of repairing ship damage. Tier 5: NPCs will follow you to Away Team objectives and crew ships. 

Tier 8 is being able to double-Blink, and Tier 10 is one of your NPCs can be a Kuva Lich (random one each time you load into a Railjack session.)

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 1

I expect anything that is a tactical avionic will have a command ability that can achieve similar results. I can't help but think of some base management games. 

You can select 3 NPC for your crew, and assign tasks on the fly. 

Omni application, 

Fighting / controlling boarders 

Getting resources crafted, 

Manning guns. 

The only thing they can't (or I hope they don't) is pilot the ship. 

You could select the npc from either the syndicates (including cetus, Fortuna) , spectre list, or liches. 

Some are more suited to one task than another. 

Dying, would put them out of commission for a limited time (like djinn) if you don't revive them,

But I feel this will be " too much effort" and we get command intrinsics and S#&$ just happens automatically instead of by actual NPCs.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Yetman said:

But really, seeing as they've aknowledged people soloing the new content within days of release when their intention was for it to take coordinated groups weeks or months, the've got so much reworking to do I'm expecting to never even see this thing release.

The moment they do, we will have the usual crowd screaming how hard it is and it should be nerfed.

• Like 2

Since soloing is already plenty doable, I hope that the majority of the Command tree is QoL things with only a handful related to an AI crew, though they should at minimum do more damage than just leaving Particle Ram active does, and be able to keep Payloads stocked.

Things like marking resources ("Oh good, it exploded beyond the render distance, now I need to go other there to see if it even dropped anything at all") and a loot vaccuum gun (Look towards a drop to bring it to you, along the lines of Galaxy on Fire 2's tractor beams) would be nice if only because I don't expect autolooting everything to even be on the table as a possibility at all.  Would also be nice to raise caps on Payloads and the Forge, I'd love to be able to carry more Revolite and Dome Charges into missions, and a higher Forge capacity means more bonus resources with less managing.

On 2019-12-26 at 7:48 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

So hopefully when DE comes back from their holiday break we will see this tree added soon and since this tree is going to help people solo rauljack missions what is everyone hoping for this tree to do?

I want auto sides guns and my converted liches to be on board to take care of boarding parties.

I bet its gonna be unbalanced as hell and or a mess on release. 

Specifically, I bet it's either gonna be so efficient you wont even need to have other players actually in your railjack, or so inefficient that it wont be worth using. 

On 2019-12-26 at 2:48 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

So hopefully when DE comes back from their holiday break we will see this tree added soon and since this tree is going to help people solo rauljack missions what is everyone hoping for this tree to do?

I want the "Stop getting one shot the seconds you jump into AW in a Railjack mission" skill. Not sure what that's got to do with Command but I want it anyway.

I want all the tedium to be exclusively handled by npc or eliminated entirely. 

Competence of the npc or automation needs to be pretty significant. We won't be able to rely on them fending off boarders with Clem power levels. 

I would almost rather see it all get automated. Add a hud to the pilot seat for deploying repair drones. Allow the use of artillery from pilot seat via a link upgrade. Automated side turrets that get better through upgrades. Add hud to pilot seat for a remote forge upgrade. Possibly an autopilot if you leave the pilot station (toggle). 

I dunno if npc are up to the task in this game.