The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kuva Kohm's damage fall-off is INSANE

GutCushion

uj6JlOA.png

The Kuva Kohm loses a whopping 93.75% of its damage at only 26 meters!

Compared to the regular Kohm's modest maxumum loss of 46% damage at the same range, I would argue that the Kuva Kohm is a straight downgrade from the regular kohm.

Is this a mistake made by DE or the intended damage falloff?

• Like 2

The Kuva Kohm has lower damage and huge falloff reduction, which can look like a downgrade, but there are a few things to consider.

• The regular Kohm has 50% more damages than Kuva variant, but the Kuva one can get up to +60% damages, for a total for 32 base damage (6% higher than regular Kohm), with lower IPS, which increase the chance of procs that can stack, such as corrosive.
  • The higher firerate is a 13% dps increase, but also a faster spool-up, so more convenient using. It also make the poor ammo efficiency less of an issue.
  • Higher status chance allow a 100% status chance corrosive build with less than 5 status mods especially with motus setup and a riven.
  • Higher crit chance allow for decent crit builds.

Considering these, the weapon is 100% better exept the damage falloff which make the regular Kohm dealing 8.53x more damage at maximum range but if you build for 100% status corrosive, crit and multishot (which is the best thing to do with this weapon), without riven you would end up with 26 pellet with about 75.3% chance of corrosive, so 19 corrosive proc per shot, which mean 79 corrosives proc per second.
If your target has more than 2200 armor (which is what a lvl 50 heavy gunner has), landing a a few corrosives procs (and you actually have 79 per second which is enough to remove 7400000000 armor in one second) you will reduce enough armor to counter the falloff reduction and actually gain damages, compared to the regular Kohm.

So, you can consider the Kuva Kohm is, if modded well, a bit stronger than regular Kohm at max falloff range, and much stronger at effective range, which is how you should use a shotgun.
But the weapons still have a few downsides :

• It's has a bit lower base damage if you can't get a +50% Kuva buff roll.
  • It's a lot less effective against enemies without armor or status immune targets.
  • It require a Riven and some Primed mods for best use.

But we can overall say that Kuva Kohm is much stronger.

Edited by lukinu_u
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

The Kuva Kohm has lower damage and huge falloff reduction, which can look like a downgrade, but there are a few things to consider.

• The regular Kohm has 50% more damages than Kuva variant, but the Kuva one can get up to +60% damages, for a total for 32 base damage (6% higher than regular Kohm), with lower IPS, which increase the chance of procs that can stack, such as corrosive.
  • The higher firerate is a 13% dps increase, but also a faster spool-up, so more convenient using. It also make the poor ammo efficiency less of an issue.
  • Higher status chance allow a 100% status chance corrosive build with less than 5 status mods especially with motus setup and a riven.
  • Higher crit chance allow for decent crit builds.

Considering these, the weapon is 100% better exept the damage falloff which make the regular Kohm dealing 8.53x more damage at maximum range but if you build for 100% status corrosive, crit and multishot (which is the best thing to do with this weapon), without riven you would end up with 26 pellet with about 75.3% chance of corrosive, so 19 corrosive proc per shot, which mean 79 corrosives proc per second.
If your target has more than 2200 armor (which is what a lvl 50 heavy gunner has), landing a a few corrosives procs (and you actually have 79 per second which is enough to remove 7400000000 armor in one second) you will reduce enough armor to counter the falloff reduction and actually gain damages, compared to the regular Kohm.

So, you can consider the Kuva Kohm is, if modded well, a bit stronger than regular Kohm at max falloff range, and much stronger at effective range, which is how you should use a shotgun.
But the weapons still have a few downsides :

• It's has a bit lower base damage if you can't get a +50% Kuva buff roll.
  • It's a lot less effective against enemies without armor or status immune targets.
  • It require a Riven and some Primed mods for best use.

But we can overall say that Kuva Kohm is much stronger.

Well damn. And here I ended up rolling an Impact Kuva Kohm because I just... felt like generating a Rhino lich for the hell of it.

I'm gonna look forward to that valence transfer...

11 hours ago, GutCushion said:

Compared to the regular Kohm's modest maxumum loss of 46% damage at the same range, I would argue that the Kuva Kohm is a straight downgrade from the regular kohm.

Is this a mistake made by DE or the intended damage falloff?

I almost felt excited to know Kuva Kohm before it was released. It's disappointing that new weapons have reducded stats and nerfing is very common in updates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s because DE is no longer allowing any form of power creep

🤣🤣😃🤣😄🤣😃😁😂🤣🤭🤣

Yeah, they've totally stopped that..  🤭😄

Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face.

22 hours ago, GutCushion said:

Yeah, it's lower range, but that doesn't really matter. It's an insane weapon. You can build it for 100% status (still mostly slash) or build it for crit, either way it mows down enemies.

And with the extra levels you can fit Primed Ammo Mutation in the exergis slot and still put a riven and maxed mods everywhere else. That takes 9 forma on a regular Kohm, not just 5.

I have both, I've had the Kohm for years, and I haven't touched it since I maxed the Kuva Kohm - it's a beast. It mows down lvl 5 Liches with ease.

So it loses some range - it's a shotgun, that's fine.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kwlingo said:

It's pretty much a Shotgun with melee range with primed reach. lol The option now is do you melee or shot? lol

Primed Reach is +3m. Without a riven you're not getting much past 6m for any melee. Kuva Kohm fall off starts at double that and still kills effectively at 4x that.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

So it is like the Bronco line but with actual damage so it is worth using?

Bronco burns out at 18m, so no, not like the Bronco line.

It's a shotgun, you don't need to be able to snipe with it. Slap Fatal Acceleration (can be exilus) on it if you want the same range as the regular Kohm.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s because DE is no longer allowing any form of power creep.

There is nothing wrong with weapons being powerful and fun. The declining player base since 2017 and early 2018 tells it all. The more DE takes away the  fun factors and nerf players' favorite gears, the more players  leave and never come back. 

It also shouldn't be about what DE wants. It's about players.