Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so... about the vidar reactor mkIII and the increasingly bad grind

Hiirios

is it just me or does anybody else thinks that farming this thing feels just bad? yes, yes warframe is a grindy game and so but DE has been increasing the rng layers with random stats way too much since the liches came out.

what i mean in this specific is that this damn reactor already has a low drop chance. 2% for finishing a mission in veil proxima. and then it has a BIG chance to be completely S#&$ with less than 50 avionics. i've been farming thé reactor the last few days and got it two times. one had 33 avionics and the other 54. my teammates were not that much better off than me.

this just makes the grind feel not rewarding since all you gain is just bad. 
we've already seen that DE is more or less loosing players since some time and making the one thing this game is about (the gind) feel not rewarding will not make it better. 

i can understand that DE wants to hook players for a longer time but this is the wrong way of doing so. 

the grind before was much but at least ok in the regard that it shows directly what you get, be it primes (but the relic system made it also worse and even more grindy than the old key system), mods or other things. but now the grind gets way too out of hand.

i don't really know what DE could change apart from giving the reactor a better minimal avionics rating so it's at least better than the other reactors and it feels better to farm it but even then i think the grind is too much.

Edited by Hiirios
  • Like 6

I have to agree, they started with rivens, moving onto building the RNG variance into the weapons and items directly, feels terrible, I never liked rivens in the first place... expanding their worst quality into more of the game's items is just... painful, I get it, they're tired of people "running out of content", but making it so we never get those "chase, capped parts" is an artificial content extension at best... and just feels TERRIBLE to interact with..

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Duskham said:

50% increase to drop chance incoming so 2% becomes 3% 😛

thats what they did with the resource drop rates when they said they will crank it up before going on holidays.

Jokes aside , hope they balance all weapons, We have too many Zetkis dropping.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Duskham said:

And it seems they will miss the mark again, cuz it seems it is not the stupidly scammy random stats that are bad, but the 2% drop chance. Now, you will have a 5% drop chance to keep getting low rolls on the components, and be happy about it, cuz DE is listening.

DE thinks circular grinding is challenging or fun. It is not.

• Like 7

Still trying to comprehend the mind of the person who proposed the 2% drop chance off of a mission end reward screen coupled with a stat ranging from 30(less than basic reactor)~100.

as mentioned by others, seems like DE is starting to adapt this rng stat values on gear started from riven to kuva lich gear to RJ and if history of games with similar mechanic has taught us anything, they're typically followed by huge backlash.

Think of it as a grindy Asian MMO. 

i.e. farm (gathering materials) => obtain the drop (enchanting gear attempt) => subpar trivial stat numerical value (enchantment fail)

Makes the players feel apathetic to repeat the process, it's like constantly starting over and over

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

hope they balance all weapons, We have too many Zetkis dropping

I'm okay with that, they're a good source of dirac. That said, is there even a use for dirac once you're done upgrading your slots and mods? Because if not, then yeah, all that useless inventory clutter is going to get really annoying. Sure would be nice if we could rush component repairs with dirac...

11 minutes ago, Reshun said:

seems like DE is starting to adapt this rng stat values on gear started from riven to kuva lich gear to RJ and if history of games with similar mechanic has taught us anything, they're typically followed by huge backlash

ARPGs get away with layers of RNG because they literally shower you with loot, to the point where you now need loot filters for the games to even be playable (looking at you, Path of Exile). On a once-in-30-minutes 2% drop? Yeah, no, get out of here with that sh*t. DE doesn't seem to understand that.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb SordidDreams:

I'm okay with that, they're a good source of dirac. That said, is there even a use for dirac once you're done upgrading your slots and mods? Because if not, then yeah, all that useless inventory clutter is going to get really annoying. Sure would be nice if we could rush component repairs with dirac...

i can say that it'll be next to useless thanks to a friend who upgraded his setup as much as possible (all slots and all mods he uses). and the only thing he can do is upgrade the useless mods or try some other battle mods (which isn't that great because he uses void hole + munitions vortex already and there is nothing better than this combo). 

27 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

50% increase to drop chance incoming so 2% becomes 3% 😛

thats what they did with the resource drop rates when they said they will crank it up before going on holidays.

Which is why percentage changes should always be accompanied by absolute values, and vice versa. Leaving either one out can make for deceptive messages.

• Like 4

The fact that a vidar mklll can have from  30 up to 100 avionics capacity is a joke, even the weapons having rng stats is dumb, but the freaking reactor?

This right here will make players not upgrade their ships, that reactor should have a locked stat of 100 avionics or players should have an option to upgrade it with dirac. 

• Like 6

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO:

The fact that a vidar mklll can have from  30 up to 100 avionics capacity is a joke, even the weapons having rng stats is dumb, but the freaking reactor?

This right here will make players not upgrade their ships, that reactor should have a locked stat of 100 avionics or players should have an option to upgrade it with dirac. 

i actually think being able upgrade the random stats of weapons and the reactor with dirac isn't a bad idea especially when dirac is useless later on but it doesn't really make the grind itself or the fact that DE is artificially increasing the time needed on grind any better.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Duskham said:

Yes and as always when this is quoted: dropping the stuff more often is only half the solution, the other half is that we need something like Valence Transfer for Railjack components and weapons. If I am supposed to invest a huge amount of resources into one item, this better be a lasting investment, not a repeated cost any time a slight upgrade drops.

1 hour ago, Hiirios said:

i can say that it'll be next to useless thanks to a friend who upgraded his setup as much as possible (all slots and all mods he uses). and the only thing he can do is upgrade the useless mods or try some other battle mods (which isn't that great because he uses void hole + munitions vortex already and there is nothing better than this combo). 

This is precisely why low dirac rates are in place. It doesn't really do anything outside of upgrading 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)Erudite Prime:

Just because you got lucky doesn't make it okay. 

and even then it's not that lucky when you think about that this damn reactor is able to get up to 100 avionics. 

i mean i'd love to get a 70+ reactor but people don't even get that... looking at my first one i got with next to the lowest roll possible with 33 avionics.

• Like 1

yeah, this is something that needs to be looked at desperately. it's one thing if these were just weapon and part bonuses, like with Rivens and Lich Weapons, but tying it directly to Avionics capacity, which determines how good your railjack actually is, is another thing, and it's just not right. I'm hoping DE are keeping an eye on their social media where I'm sure others like us will be voicing their opinion; then they can see where they have made mistakes and correct them.

I'm not really sure what this accomplishes on DE's end besides wasting players' time since you can't buy most of this stuff. Personally I think a lot of the problems with this game stem from the limitations of the FtP model vs a subscription one. But I really don't know what's going on here.

50 minutes ago, Mizar5129 said:

I'm not really sure what this accomplishes on DE's end besides wasting players' time since you can't buy most of this stuff. Personally I think a lot of the problems with this game stem from the limitations of the FtP model vs a subscription one. But I really don't know what's going on here.

I agree, it's really weird. Sure, it incentivizes trading, which incentivizes some people to buy plat, but it's a really indirect way of making money. I think that the real truth is that DE either genuinely believes that grind = content, and that this is what players wanted when asking for "sustainable content." 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 2

I am one of the lucky few ,

got a vidar with 82 capacity (not the best but it lets me have all the good avionic mods) - this i got after i dont know how many missions and how many zetki reactors that were crap

Zetki with 50 capacity (just on par with sigma 3 but bonus flux is  nice at 200 but the vidar one lets me add a hyperflux avionic+ more that is getting me just slightly less flux)

Lavan with 69 capacity (just as rare as vidar and a little worse)

I am gonna hold on to those in the hopes that DE sees sense and changes avionic capacity to a fixed value and then the RNG is limited to flux and bonus attribute.