Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so... about the vidar reactor mkIII and the increasingly bad grind

Hiirios

2 hours ago, Hiirios said:

look at the steam charts for exsample. even a big update like railjack was not able to get to a peak of 100k people. it's been an up and down overall but there is a decline in players.

https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All

Can't check steamcharts at the momemnt for some reason (shows an error), but last time I checked, with railjack Warframe was close to it's highest number of concurrent players of all time, and that is considering a discord launcher and an independent launcher (and we can't check numbers for those at all, I am personally not playing Warframe on Steam).

So yeah, not a decline in players in the slightest, and even if there was one on Steam, you still couldn't claim it to be the case on PC due to not having info on discord and the independent launcher.

Just got a vidar reactor yesterday.

I got 80 mod capacity (or whatever It's called) an other teammate got 53, and the other got 100.

I personally don't have a problem with 80 capacity, It's pretty dope actually. But I felt sorry for the guy who got 53 capacity. I genuinely felt bad for getting the better stuff.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JackHargreav:

Just got a vidar reactor yesterday.

I got 80 mod capacity (or whatever It's called) an other teammate got 53, and the other got 100.

I personally don't have a problem with 80 capacity, It's pretty dope actually. But I felt sorry for the guy who got 53 capacity. I genuinely felt bad for getting the better stuff.

this is the problem. on my first drop (the 33 capacity) my teammate got one with 90+ and you can imagine how angry i was and how bad my mate felt for me.

i actually wouldn't mind if the drop chance is only 1% or even 0.5% if it only had a fixed of 100 capacity or at least a range from 90-100. but 30-100 and that even the dojo reactor already has flat 50 makes this complete bullS#&$. normaly you feel rewarded for grind but this is the total opposite.

I really hope DE just remove stats RNG, same goes with Avionics and Houses, because having 3 variants of same mod serve no purpose other to than dilluting drop tables and platinum grab (which is probably intention in Riven style)

After dozens of runs in the Veil and 8/8/8/8 intrinsics, I've gotten two Vidar reactors in total. And hey, both are below 40 avionics so they're automatically junk. Sure DE, I guess RNG stats theoretically make people play longer to get the best rolls? As for myself... well, you convinced me to give up on railjack entirely (for now) and stop playing, and this is coming from someone who was super hyped for Empyrean, because the space combat video game genre is a dying breed. I guess I'm not really the target audience of this game anymore though. It only took one Lich kill for me to see that the RNG grind wasn't worth it for me, and this seems to be just more of the same.

What we would need is a re-roll option, like we have for riven mods.

Use Dirac to reroll the stats and have an option to keep the previous ones.

Repairing a 60 avionics Vidar Mk3 has a horrible feeling of wasting resources or plat....knowing that in the next mission one woth 95 could potentially drop.

On 2019-12-30 at 8:13 PM, Mr.Fluffins said:

Can't check steamcharts at the momemnt for some reason (shows an error), but last time I checked, with railjack Warframe was close to it's highest number of concurrent players of all time, and that is considering a discord launcher and an independent launcher (and we can't check numbers for those at all, I am personally not playing Warframe on Steam).

So yeah, not a decline in players in the slightest, and even if there was one on Steam, you still couldn't claim it to be the case on PC due to not having info on discord and the independent launcher.

this is honestly such an annoying response. if player count is dropping on steam that sharply, theres no reason that it wouldnt drop in other places. steam players dont play a different game than the other players.

I got a +85 a few days back; I don’t know what it rolled for the rest of the team (it was a pub and we all left afterwards).

That’s good enough - given there are only 15 better rolls and 34 worse rolls, it’s time to quit while I’m ahead. 

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Wolfdoggie:

unknown.png

My.. first one. 

damn this hurts

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Matak-FR:

Guess I got lucky, I didnt even farm it and got this thing during I complete the chart map. I didnt even know this was rare and I removed another one with 90/10...

82537605_2846945122033386_13730183105761

screw you btw 😛

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mover-NeRo:

This is a joke...hope the one who thought this is fine is having good time.

what do you define as a good time? and if it's enything else than an actual good time i do hope so too. this is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

just to ask. who else thinks that DE will answer with "it's unfair to those who farmed a good reactor" while they just dismiss all the things we say about giving the reactor fixed stats?

Edited by Hiirios

Been at this for days, and honestly, although I have a bit of a rep for being a DE white knight, this sh1t is unreal. I have maxed everything I can max, (except intrinsics) have dirac coming out of my ears, got my first yes my FIRST vidar drop reactor one mission ago, and it was like the will to play was just drained out of me. Time to go play my pirated version of The Outer Worlds since they refused to release the game and gated it behind epic. Honestly DE, if I want WoW drop loot tables and chances, I'll go #*!%ing play WoW.

28 minutes ago, Hiirios said:

just to ask. who else thinks that DE will answer with "it's unfair to those who farmed a good reactor" while they just dismiss all the things we say about giving the reactor fixed stats?

Farmed?  You mean got dumb luck,  this isn't about drop chance, it's about having a slot machine telling us how many avionics we can use. Fixed stats or improving it with dirac will determine if players build and play railJack or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hiirios said:

They might. Although some DE person or another said on Twitter they feel like (to paraphrase) "they didn't get it quite right" with the rewards. 

We can take some comfort in their ability to detect the obvious. I don't know that they'll get the right answer (fixed stats on equipment coupled with more interesting things to do with Railjack) but I expect they'll make a change. If nothing else, they'll probably narrow the roll range so that each one is a bracket the others aren't in (i.e. Zetki are 25-50, Lavan 50-75, and Vidar 75-100). 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe