Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinion: If you no longer like playing Warframe why not playing??

MartianGHunter

Basically the title been reading the forums for a while now and i am shocked at the number of players who aren't even Founders continuously playing a game they have stopped enjoying.

I can understand that most have invested some money towards the game but that's the risk that comes with supporting a free to play it might not develop the way you want or improve in the long term.

But what shocks me I think is that most players are interacting with game modes they don't enjoy when they can stop playing the content give feedback on why they are not enjoying and then not interact with system until it is changed which FYI is the best for DE to know that a particular game modes needs attention due to limited interaction.

Great example Raids I always felt they were abysmal and played a few trials gave my feedback and never touched them again and now they out of the game and eagerly waiting for their return so I can see if they have improved.

So my opinion why doesn't everyone do the same play the game modes you enjoy leave the ones you don't and have FUN with the game. Because if a video game isn't fun for you DO NOT PLAY IT.

And the beauty about Warframe you can come back anytime and carry on from wherever you left off. Heck I stopped playing during my final 3 months of varsity came back and honestly had missed nothing of value. 

This is just my unpopular opinion.

Martian out.

• Like 2

its_remarkable_how_much_this_community_hhttps://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/enolbd/its_remarkable_how_much_this_community_hates_so/

I like the top reply to this thread:

"its_remarkable_how_much_this_community_hTrue, the loudest complainers are often the ones that cares the most, if you barely play already, you just move on. But if love the game and want it to get better, you have to make yourself heard."

Those "complaints" are not just plain whining. If you shove comments like "railjek ded lul" and look into the more constructive ones (provided YOU yourself actually play the aforementioned contents too) you'd wonder why you're even white-knighting DE in the first place.

Edited by Vortuna
Wow, took ages to find this grammar mistake.

18 minutes ago, MartianGHunter said:

Because if a video game isn't fun for you DO NOT PLAY IT.

I don't. I don't play Waitframe at the moment because I respect myself and my time. 

19 minutes ago, MartianGHunter said:

Heck I stopped playing during my final 3 months of varsity came back and honestly had missed nothing of value

So why play at all? 

• Like 7

Цитата

Great example Raids I always felt they were abysmal and played a few trials gave my feedback and never touched them again and now they out of the game and eagerly waiting for their return so I can see if they have improved.

So my opinion why doesn't everyone do the same play the game modes you enjoy leave the ones you don't and have FUN with the game. Because if a video game isn't fun for you DO NOT PLAY IT.

Because 2.5 people played raids. Or conclave.

So its easy for you to say "dont play it" when its already a side dish. But when the mainline updates or core mechanics suck, how the f can you ignore it? No matter how much you ignore things like operators, they arent going anywhere, and now blasted railjack that is so trash its a miracle it will be playable at any point in the future but all 2020 updates will revolve around it. And if all updates revolve around it, it means if you hate it, you're stuck with 7 years old game without updates, survivving on some nightwave i guess.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

So why play at all? 

I enjoy the Kuva Lich system and its a good stress reliever after work.

9 minutes ago, Vortuna said:

Those "complaints" are not just plain whining. If you shove comments like "railjek ded lul" and look into the more constructive ones (provided YOU yourself actually play the aforementioned contents too) you'd realize why you're even white-knighting DE in the first place.

Not white-knighting I do play every day for you information I just don't play content I don't enjoy and I give feedback on why I don't enjoy it. I don't however continue to punish myself in a video because I respect my time hence the point.

And being passionate about a game isn't a problem but some of the posts I have seen directed at the Devs have been out right disgusting to read as it seems people forget these are human beings who love their work and are trying to do their best to deliver quality content. 

Do they miss the mark ofcourse like any person but what I have been reading is just some people who are tired of the game and are looking for any excuse to bash the Devs.

• Like 1

Even if they hate part of the game:

Some people just keep logging in for the daily login reward progression.

Some people feel obligated to play with their friends.

Some people want everything from Nightwave, and that can require playing through content they don't like to get stuff.

Some people want Mastery Rank from stuff you only get from content they don't like, so they slog through it anyway.

Some people are completionists.

Some people want trophies.

Some people ... there are a lot of reasons... if you can stop and not play that content, it will help the situation, yes. I personally have not created a Lich, just to not skew the participation numbers in favor of the system. My friend created one accidentally, and we still haven't dealt with it... but we still crack the requiem relics once in a while (we only run Kuva Capture Floods for guaranteed relics) to see if we can find the words he still needs (not even going to attempt it before he has all of them... for now, the Lich is contained to Eris, which he never goes to anyway.)

People also "complain" on forums to see stuff get fixed so they WILL like it in the future. Seems silly to stop playing a game just because you don't like a single part of it, depending on how optional it is. (Stuff like melee combat, and all you do is melee combat, and they mess up melee combat... yeah, that sort of person would stop playing the game entirely, or only slog through what they had to until it's fixed.

Class progression requiring mini-games that are unrelated to the real game are sometimes deal-breakers for people. FFXI had some really annoying rank up tests for Salaheem's Sentinels' reputation system in the Treasures of Aht Urghan expansion... I slogged through those because you really needed that story completed for endgame stuff that my guild participated in. Path of Exile's Labyrinth was a game-breaker for me, because that mini-game that played by its own rules was required to "finish" a build, no matter how much people said they were optional... no, not really.) So, stuff like Mastery Rank tests here in Warframe have the potential to be just as bad of a deal breaker for some, since often you're required to do things that you really don't do in the entire rest of the game... but people will keep playing the rest of the game... (as far as they can with mastery rank lockouts on some gear)... until they're fed up with that thing and just quit - and I don't blame them, nor look down on them for such a decision.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Because 2.5 people played raids. Or conclave.

So its easy for you to say "dont play it" when its already a side dish. But when the mainline updates or core mechanics suck, how the f can you ignore it? No matter how much you ignore things like operators, they arent going anywhere, and now blasted railjack that is so trash its a miracle it will be playable at any point in the future but all 2020 updates will revolve around it. And if all updates revolve around it, it means if you hate it, you're stuck with 7 years old game without updates, survivving on some nightwave i guess.

Railjack can actually be sidelined because it isn't intergated into the main gameplay loop and I believe it was on purpose because they knew it wouldn't be balanced. Like I have my issues with the game as some who started Warframe 6 years ago I was playing back when we didn't have a liset and just picked missions. When frost prime had a 1% drop chance.

And you are not stuck with Warframe this game is one of the few games that has actually evolved and truly evolved with time and will continue to evolve.

If you never give any criticism to anything and just "focus on the positives" you're getting dícked over in the long run because you allow devs to get away with more and more bad choices. Yes, I'm assuming malice here instead of incompetence, because its unrealistic to assume a game dev wouldn't be aware of what kind of feedback a choice like adding another form of RNG to all that exists in the game will garner.

What is a bad choice versus a subjective opinion? Reason. That's why there's a difference between "I dont like it, stop it!" threads, and "I dont like it because X, Y and Z."

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
  • Like 2

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

If you never give any criticism to anything and just "focus on the positives" you're getting dícked over in the long run because you allow devs to get away with more and more bad choices. Yes, I'm assuming malice here instead of incompetence, because its unrealistic to assume a game dev wouldn't be aware of what kind of feedback a choice like adding another form of RNG to all that exists in the game will garner.

What is a bad choice versus a subjective opinion? Reason. That's why there's a difference between "I dont like it, stop it!" threads, and "I dont like it because X, Y and Z."

Once again as I stated in the main post I have given my fair share of negative critisim what I am asking is why engage with a "bad piece" of content when you know you don't enaging with when you can wait for it to fixed 

e.g. Railjack was roken for from the get on and looked on the forums someone had state the problem I was having so I didn't engage with it until it was fixed enough for me to try it. Now I can atleast play some missions I am not happy with the economy but haven't enough to give detailed feedback but upvoting evey topic that addresses but I am Dev bashing or raging every 2nd post I am just engaging with content worth my time for the moment

15 minutes ago, MartianGHunter said:

enjoy the Kuva Lich system and its a good stress reliever after work.

Let me reiterate. OP said, you stopped playing for 3 months and missed nothing of value. Therefore IMO if there is no value in your play time then there is nothing to play for. As far as playing litches as a stress reliever? That's absolutely #*!%ing mental to me. To each there own I suppose. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime
  • Like 2

Railjack actually rekindled my desire to play warframe once again, but now that the dust has settled, and I see it for what it is(pointless grindfest), I'm not playing. The fire didn't burn long enough.

Waiting for the next bit of content.

Seriously though, when is the next new content ? 

side note:

38 minutes ago, MartianGHunter said:

there were more players actually enjoying raids than people playing conclave at all. One was removed, other got pumped with reworks and S#&$.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Let me reiterate. OP said, you stopped playing for 3 months and missed nothing of value. Therefore IMO if there is no value in your play time then there is nothing to play for. As far as playing litches as a stress reliever? That's absolutely #*!%ing mental to me. To each there own I suppose. 

Value is subjective though in a video game someone may find Cosmetics valuable content whilst another finds a new island i.e. Railjack valuable content for me Kuva Liches valuable content which I am going to play because I value it. Hence why I am encouraging people to engage with content they value and give feedback on content they don't value and not waste their time on said content

I can criticize the game and still love it. Sure, there are parts of it I do dislike, and certain decisions that make me uneasy about WF's future (I.e. rng stats) but I still play whenever I can and it's my favorite game overall.

Plus, giving feedback is still very important in order to maintain Warframe in the right direction. Even if some feedback tends to be a bit bruttish. It's not like having a discussion or disagreement inherently means hating on something. For example, I was vocal about the Itzal Blink nerf when Scott first spoke about it - and I still think it could have been handled better - but had no qualms praising Scott for his remarkable (imo) reworks on Ember and Vauban. Even now, after Scott said AW's will have a full rework I'm happier about the blink/amesha thing, because that does bring some light upon the subject as a whole.

I will still say, however, that Warframe is definetly not meant to play religiously everyday for years on end. When content runs out, and players get bored/burned out, they should take a break and wait for the content meter to fill up again. Expecting DE to pump out new open worlds/railjacks/cinematic quests/reworks every single month to make sure there's always enough content for the insatiable hardcore players is completely unreasonable.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, MartianGHunter said:

And the beauty about Warframe you can come back anytime and carry on from wherever you left off. Heck I stopped playing during my final 3 months of varsity came back and honestly had missed nothing of value. 

People care about the game and want to play it. Its not about having other games to play its because they love the game. And RJ and also the Lich system where just wasted development time because the actual playtime you got out of these two dont match with the actual content there is to do. They worked years on RJ and it is about 2 days worth our playtime. DE messed up and that in a big way so people are pissed. Sure some like it but in general the game does not get meaningfull updates or even bloody events like other games.

"Just play somthing else" is the worst answer or advice give to people that case so much about the game that they even post on forums. This answer is a insult and a rad flag for me because it just means: "f you people!" Its nothing more than that. This hole thread is meaningless and just not worth reading. I still wanted to explain it to you want you said. Make the best out of it and maybe creat real topics next time. We have enough white knights that will clap even then updates are empty AF.

5 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

People care about the game and want to play it. Its not about having other games to play its because they love the game. And RJ and also the Lich system where just wasted development time because the actual playtime you got out of these two dont match with the actual content there is to do. They worked years on RJ and it is about 2 days worth our playtime. DE messed up and that in a big way so people are pissed. Sure some like it but in general the game does not get meaningfull updates or even bloody events like other games.

"Just play somthing else" is the worst answer or advice give to people that case so much about the game that they even post on forums. This answer is a insult and a rad flag for me because it just means: "f you people!" Its nothing more than that. This hole thread is meaningless and just not worth reading. I still wanted to explain it to you want you said. Make the best out of it and maybe creat real topics next time. We have enough white knights that will clap even then updates are empty AF.

KInda have to disagree a little bit because some people do enjoy Railjack(I don't btw) and some people enjoy Kuva Liches(I do) and the exact numbers only DE will know and they can't innovate with breaking a few eggs for example Trials could have been an amazing End game it wasn't so they tried again Conclave could have been great but its terrible and might never get better but the fissures and the new star chart are great but we would have never had them had they not tried something new and all this is subjective you have your reasons for not enjoying RJ and Kuva liches lt the Devs know why in as constructive manner.

Not saying playing something else literally said play the parts of Warframe you enjoy and leave those you don't so that DE knows statistical what the playerbase isn't engaging with on top of your feedback

Edited by MartianGHunter

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Sure. Had a friend who hasn't logged in in over 734 days. Because he rather play games that value his time. That value doesn't exist in Waitframe at the moment. 

All my classmates who I started playing 5 of my mates don't play any more they haven't logged in like 1500 days why because they stopped enjoying the game.

Point is I agree with you

Edited by MartianGHunter

For some people, the sunk cost fallacy is a real thing and also Warframe to some people is more than just a game. It's a game to de-stress, escape from irl for a while, and for some as well, it's an addiction. There are many reasons why people stick around even if they aren't a fan of where the game is going or if the game doesn't suit their taste. It's easy to look at someone who's upset with the game and just say "stop playing 4head".

Passionate players express their passion in the form of feedback. Unfortunately being brutal in said feedback is sometimes necessary to prove your point.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3