Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't invalidate the work I did for Zetki and Lavan reactors.

Skaleek

46 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Proof that people will complain, no matter what.

Valid complaint. Good contribution to the thread. Proof that people will say something just to be heard, regardless of value added to the conversation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

By the way you don't grind a good roll you just get it by chance.

You know if its one roll, sure. It took me many many rolls to get what I have. This is not chance. This is hard work vs chance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

OK you're OCD we get it. I for one would welcome what you proposed as I do have a +90 reactor.

But... I ain't holding my breath. I suggest you don't too. Since it won't get any lower, I don't think I'll get shafted (fingers crossed).

OCD may not be the correct term. I think i value my time and i find it to be a reasonable request that DE does too. If they didn't they would be sending a terrible message to the players that brave their very new content that it's a waste of time.

For example i have an 87 vidar reactor, and I'm okay with that. I didn't get the max roll, and it'll be translated to a non max roll. I can live with that, but my time is stll being respected for that 87 reactor that I did get, even though it took me like 12 vidars to get it.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Valid complaint. Good contribution to the thread. Proof that people will say something just to be heard, regardless of value added to the conversation.

Meanwhile, I'd like a refund for every riven I've ever purchased thats had its disposition changed later.

It's really on you that you grinded your eyeballs out while the update was freshly out before the main issues were even addressed. Guess it's a good thing its not up to me, cuz I sure as hell wouldn't have entertained such an entitled person's request.

Edited by Vaeldious

2 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

t's really on you that you grinded your eyeballs out while the update was freshly out before the main issues were even addressed. Guess it's a good thing its not up to me, cuz I sure as hell wouldn't have entertained such an entitled person's request.

Entitled. What kind of message are they sending to their players if they wipe their progress out on new content? It's like a minefield. No one would touch it. You can't punish the players that test your content for you. I'm all for the changes to help other players avoid the crazy grind that I had to go do, I am not here to take anything away from anyone else. I'm just trying to keep the time that i spent on the system respected. You can call it entitled, I call it fair.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, GrimSinner said:

First RJ run of today, I get a +48 Vidar MK3 Reactor.  lol

So from what BornWithTeeth posted:

48 - 30 = 18
18 * 1.428 = 25.7
90 + 2.57 = 92.57
+93 Reactor after the hotfix?

Sounds about right.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Skaleek said:

It's like a minefield. No one would touch it

People already arent touching it because of a vast array of issues, not sure what you are suggesting would even change. It's not "wiping progress", its literally a direct upgrade, but I suppose thats more of a matter of semantics and opinion.

Just now, Vaeldious said:

People already arent touching it because of a vast array of issues, not sure what you are suggesting would even change. It's not "wiping progress", its literally a direct upgrade, but I suppose thats more of a matter of semantics and opinion.

Fair point, it's not quite wiping progress, I misspoke. But I think you understand the crux of my argument, at least. The idea that if you play the content early you are "fair game" to being rerolled just sends the message to never touch the new content until a few months down the road.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If it’s a remap instead of a reroll.

Yeah, it seems like most people don't understand what I mean when i asked for the translational change rather than the pure random roll. My assumption based on the fact that Saske's response is quite clear is that DE does understand what I mean. I am right now of the "wait and see" mentality. Plus I'm just getting hammered in this thread so i've got my walls up on every side. Probably worth it just to get some clarity on the issue though.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

48 - 30 = 18
18 * 1.428 = 25.7
90 + 2.57 = 92.57

Oh they actually released a formula to the reroll? Nice.

If you ain't yanking my chain, my reactor will be 99 yay... with +10 flux lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Skaleek said:

But I think you understand the crux of my argument, at least. The idea that if you play the content early you are "fair game" to being rerolled just sends the message to never touch the new content until a few months down the road.

I dont believe I did, my counterpoint was that DE is in a damned-if-they-do-or-dont position, which is a direct by-product of the rush to push out new content. Had it been more refined, things like abort-stealth farming, and unbalanced reactor capacity would likely have been caught in QA before ever making it to a live server. I do agree, that it does send that message already about waiting to play new content, we've seen it time and time again, and it's regularly mentioned on the forums.

Just now, Currilicious said:

Oh they actually released a formula to the reroll? Nice.

If you ain't yanking my chain, my reactor will be 99 yay... with +10 flux lol.

No, that’s a quick and dirty pen and paper calculation I did based on DE Saske’s statement that reactors will be rescaled and that good rolls will be preserved.

It is not to be taken as concrete until the change comes through.

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If it’s a remap instead of a reroll.

The remap makes sense.  Those lucky enough to get a high roll, get a little boost closer to 100.  Those who rolled low get one HUGE boost somewhere in the 90's.  Everyone benefits and it's a win-win.  I hope DE does it this way.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Plus I'm just getting hammered in this thread so i've got my walls up on every side.

A remap is a perfectly reasonable and sensible approach to take in this case...and Reb's post certainly doesn't comport with Saske's so you were right to question it. Unless Reb updates her post we still can't be sure what will really happen. I think folks here just take contrary positions to be difficult...no reason you should be getting hammered...

39 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

48 - 30 = 18
18 * 1.428 = 25.7
90 + 2.57 = 92.57

NO. Read Reb's post again.

"This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment: 'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change)."

1 minute ago, LazyKnight said:

Read

I read the whole thing, unlike everybody who thinks their reactors are gonna "Scale" up. No, they're not.

If you have any reactor that's below its new MINIMUM range, it will be pumped up to that number now. If you already have any reactor that is already within its new range, it WILL. NOT. BE. AFFECTED. AT. ALL. 

Meaning no scaling buffs or nerfs, it's the same exact reactor as before

Meaning that if you have a +49 cap Zetki mkIII reactor, it's not gonna scale up to the new range by being buffed to +79(near limit of new MAXIMUM range). No, it's just gonna go to +70, that's it.