The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns, i had too high hopes for

When i first heard of primary kitguns, i thought "Yeah cool i guess"

I did not expect them being just primary kitguns...

When we got the anomaly shard system and the primary kitguns were talked more about i remembered this image

Shedu yeah but under it there were more "attachments" as it looked.

So i instantly thought of these being our primary zaws. I mean can you blame me? Shedu got released but the other sentient cannons were not, they would be amaizing to customize and they would be something new.

In the end the primary kitguns dont looks bad but... wasted potential

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon.jpg&k

• Like 4

Just imagine if the Shedu could've shape-shifted its form into either of the other 4 designs and thus acting as an entirely different weapon each time, instead of this arm cannon of utter disappointment that I personally feel absolute zero incentive to go and look for.

• Like 4

Sounds like you fabricated your own expectations out of nowhere.

The Shedu image was only brought up as the idea of the "Sentient arm cannon", and the sketches on the bottom look like exploration concepts to get a general idea on the shape of said weapon.

However the first ever images DE shared of Kitguns included this:

latest?cb=20181110164650

Which shows the weapon type being determined by the handle. There were others too that showed these off all of which were just Kitgun parts attached to a larger handle with an included body; the primary handles shown in this image.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, trst said:

The Shedu image was only brought up as the idea of the "Sentient arm cannon", and the sketches on the bottom look like exploration concepts to get a general idea on the shape of said weapon.

latest?cb=20181110164650

Which shows the weapon type being determined by the handle. There were others too that showed these off all of which were just Kitgun parts attached to a larger handle with an included body.

I'm more interested with " Clip Attachments " which we don't have for kitguns yet. Wonder if they will be included with primary kitguns or they are just scrapped.

Edited by Aeon94

Just now, Aeon94 said:

I'm more interested with " Clip Attachments " which we don't have for kitguns yet. Wonder if they will be included with primary kitguns or they are just scrapped.

Those were combined with the Clips, which are why we have five of each clip (except the max reload/max ammo clips, for some reason). Look closely in-game and you can see those attached to each clip and they also indicate the amount of status/crit applied to it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trst said:

Those were combined with the Clips, which are why we have five of each clip (except the max reload/max ammo clips, for some reason). Look closely in-game and you can see those attached to each clip and they also indicate the amount of status/crit applied to it.

Oh, true. They are already combined with clips.

It's been so long since I used Kitguns , forgot how their parts looked. Thanks for correction.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, trst said:

latest?cb=20181110164650

Which shows the weapon type being determined by the handle. There were others too that showed these off all of which were just Kitgun parts attached to a larger handle with an included body; the primary handles shown in this image.

Agreed and they only really talked about primary kit guns.

We also don't have than enemy with the shendu as their arm so that art looks more just concept art on the arm cannon they wanted to put in with the corner art being them playing with different silhouettes 

27 minutes ago, trst said:

you're not wrong, but i think you can appreciate that people probably would have expected that to change since "literally what you already had, but in a different Slot" is so totally pointless and "who even cares" level that they wouldn't have expected it to actually be that way in the future.

I am ok with how it is going. My only hope, is that since the kitguns are expanding to Primary weapons, we can see more variety of Chambers and Loaders too. As of right now, out of all of the loaders, people only seem to use the Splat loader.

On the chambers, if we talk bout primaries, we got covered Assault Rifles (Rattleguts and Tombfinger) and beam weapons (gaze) I would argue about the Shotguns tho, since thats the Catchmoon, but the way i see it, is more like a plasma gun than a shotgun.

A real shotgun would be something more along the lines of the Corinth, and i would love to see a new Chamber with that in mind. Also, explosive weapons too! and maybe a bow kitgun? would be fun to see.

3 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

People not knowing the difference between a Clip and  Magazine offends me

"but we need to ban these semi-fully-automatic 30-round assault clips that shoot 300 magazines a minute!"  - every irrational gun control supporter.

jokes aside, I kind expected at least two new Chambers for the added MR, or for the grip to provide MR so that completionists have a reason to make one. I'll probably still make one of each again if I can be bothered, but I don't know how DE can expect us to sacrifice a weapon slot, gilding resources, multiple Forma and a fair amount of time on something that doesn't count towards MR. I guess there's people who will make them just to see what they can do, but to me, there's no major incentive to actually make one when you already own every Secondary Kitgun.

it looks like they're just gonna be the exact same weapons, but in the primary slot, which I'll be honest, I'm not liking all that much if that really is the case.

• Like 2

I know DE never promised anything for primary modular weapons (atleast from what I have seen/gathered), but I was really hoping for modular rifles that had the options to make Sniper Rifles, Assault Rifles, Burst Rifles, Auto-burst Rifles (like Battacor), Shotguns, Beams, etc. in its own system. The tacking on of two-handed grips to existing Kitguns is completely worthless for 3 main reasons for me:

1) Weapon modding will be weaker. Serration is worse than Hornet Strike, rifles don't have Primed critical mods, and Split Chamber is less than Barrel Diffusion. The only "upper hand" is that primary weapons can use Primed Shred. So in essense, you will be investing in a strictly worse Kitgun unless the rwo-handed grips multiply the base stats to compensate for weaker mods.

2) The less important point but still major factor is the usage of existing barrels. Firstly, there is no variety in the weapons as everyone has used Tombfinger, Catchmoon, Gaze, and Rattleguts before. Second, Riven Mods for these weapons will have horrendous dispositions to boot.

3) No Mastery is tied to them.

Primary Kitguns are hopefully not the real primary modular system. It's way too lackluster and not worth investing time or resources into.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

6 часов назад, Voltage сказал:

I know DE never promised anything for primary modular weapons

Steve did. Probably several weeks or couple of months after Fortuna release he mentioned primary modular weapons on a dev stream.

7 часов назад, (PS4)jaggerwanderer сказал:

Are we going to be able to use our current pax arcane for these new primary kitguns or are there going to be different ones altogether?

Yeap, Pax Charge ftw. And this is why i really hope they would not just throw kitgun in a different slot at us. I really hope it will be more than just an assault rifle with a unlimited ammo.

11 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

What's with everyone always talking about charge? The other options are so much more powerful (instakilling an entire army with a single headshot, great bonus to both power strength AND efficiency).

Because kitguns are already powerful enough.

A QoL like unlimited ammo is appreciated more.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Because kitguns are already powerful enough.

Because they are powerful, you get to have unlimited ammo via killing enemies with less ammo than they drop on death.

And you're skipping on straight superior stuff to get double infinite ammo.

Hint: 2xinf.=inf.

It's a waste.

7 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Because they are powerful, you get to have unlimited ammo via killing enemies with less ammo than they drop on death.

And you're skipping on straight superior stuff to get double infinite ammo.

Hint: 2xinf.=inf.

It's a waste.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR82g2KT9_XzbhdctCmGEV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm not saying you are not allowed to use Charge because it's worse, but I'm wondering why so many people aren't even thinking about those other options.

Look at my first post:

11 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

What's with everyone always talking about charge?

I still stand by that question. What's with that?

Yeah, sounds cool to never reload.

You know what also sounds cool? Shooting a guy in the head and seeing homing fireworks kill an entire squad of dudes around them.

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

I'm not saying you are not allowed to use Charge because it's worse, but I'm wondering why so many people aren't even thinking about those other options.

Look at my first post:

I still stand by that question. What's with that?

Yeah, sounds cool to never reload.

You know what also sounds cool? Shooting a guy in the head and seeing homing fireworks kill an entire squad of dudes around them.

And I told you what I think was the reason people like it. Which is certianly my reason.

Which you rebuffed by saying its a waste because there are more powerful options.

Its QoL. And I want to use it because its convinient to me.

And it seems its is for others as well.

• Like 1