Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Warframe is to easy?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You essentially use the same mods for warframes with the exception of a augment mod and the same mods for weapons with the exception of an augment for the weapon or riven. There is little to no build variation when more then 90% of the mods Ingame aren't used.

The way you play, sure. I'll give ya that. I chose not to build the way youtube says to build, and guess what? Very different experience.

If I wasn't having a very different experience, why would I even say the things I say?
I mod the way I feel is right to mod, by what looks good and fun to me, and the game feels uniquely different to me as a result.

Now, if I could kindly have and give my own opinion based off of my real experiences, that'd be great, thanks!

9 minutes ago, 844448 said:

That's why they have lots of protective plating like bulldozer from payday series where you have to break the armor one by one before being able to damage them or copy that ambulas where they have thick armor that you can destroy to deal more damage

I would have faith in saying wow this is cool but it's DE. Difficulty for them is making things resistant to elemental damage or immunity. Which isn't an issue on paper till you see that every boss has it. And elemental resistance 100% negates such a hard chunk of damage whlist they still can't kill you it becomes a waiting game of when are you going to die and not challenging at all

Here and there yes, overall I'd say no.

The issue of Warframe's difficulty is that it stems mostly from your arsenal rather than your skills controlling a Warframe, everything is too dependent on the numbers game to actually achieve any form of technical dificulty

Take the Lichs for example, people parade around the level 150ish base but all increasing enemy levels does is crank up damage and enemy sponge factor, hence why you can load in as Loki and unga-bunga with a Fulmin (or any other silenced weapon) and stand there and shoot them to death. More often than not the only "Difficult" Liches are the ones that resist or are immune to both Corrosive and Radiation because of how absurd the armor scaling is.

Warframe will never actually have a challenge that players won't optimize into triviality as long as the numeric side of gameplay has a stranglehold on everything, I mean they couldn't make the Wolf actually threatening until he had 3 invincible mooks with heat-seeking nigh-instant death (for non-tank frames) molotovs for crying out loud.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

The way you play, sure. I'll give ya that. I chose not to build the way youtube says to build, and guess what? Very different experience.

If I wasn't having a very different experience, why would I even say the things I say?
I mod the way I feel is right to mod, by what looks good and fun to me, and the game feels uniquely different to me as a result.

Now, if I could kindly have and give my own opinion based off of my real experiences, that'd be great, thanks!

Nobody's saying what I'm saying it's fact thanks

But where in that did you see a meta build. You said the glaxon was a difficult weapon to use. I simply searched the glaxon on YouTube and saw it performing well on 120. It's not about building how the youtubers build nor giving you a "meta build" me saying there is no build variation is true however as that's a generic build the average player has and uses. "But I build differently" as example provided so do I. But the fact remains that there is little to no build variation in the game because there is no need for it yes people do play for fun and not just rewards but fun is also a subjective term. There is no need to and even so the results are the same. I've done bare runs with my favorite frames and the only thing that's different is that enemies take slightly longer to die in some scenerios. I don't understand why you're so sensitive and defensive over this. Get that clem out your ash prime 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I don't understand why you're so sensitive and defensive over this.

Might have something to do with you specifically diminishing and invalidating my subjective opinion.
But, so be it. I don't have to listen if you're gonna be like that.

17 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Might have something to do with you specifically diminishing and invalidating my subjective opinion.
But, so be it. I don't have to listen if you're gonna be like that.

If you feel invalidated by someone replying to a forum post with their own opinion then the forums aren't for you 

Yes the game is too easy, so much so you can't even functionally exist in a co-op anymore at times without being fully disengaged from play because of just how easily a single person can empty out entire vats of content. Whether that'll ever change I'm skeptical of, DE seem often terrified to bring in power values, but perhaps after the advent of melee 3.0 and its overall success they'll realize reactionaries aren't the crowd to kneel to, and commit to some form of more reasonable balance one day that allows for broader engagement. (railjack is arguably in that direction as well honestly)

Edited by Cubewano

Just now, MinecraftGangsta said:

Bring back void keys

I do not miss Void keys.
"Yo guys, I gotta leave at 40, 'cause I suddenly gotta piss."
"F___ you, no."
"Then I'm gonna have to go AFK for a moment."
"F___ you, no. Reported."

The scarcity of the void keys made players miserly and risk averse, and forced people to stay long past the point of enjoyment so usually 1 hardhead could chase their white whale at other's expense. The benefit was that people made sure to plan better ahead of time, and committed to being there longer.. and resulted in occasionally higher plat sales. Things that we still have in game today, only without causing anyone to get tired of being there, or getting bladder infections. We just opt not to, because evidently, most players never wanted to do that in the first place.. we just did because we had no choice.

hace 3 horas, kapn655321 dijo:

It can be.

Certain combinations in the arsenal result in near guaranteed win conditions..
Others, result in loss.

If you play the game by picking the hard counter, you will never see much of any challenge.
If you don't... it's a very different and potentially (immensely) difficult experience.

Really, you are telling me that Warframe isn't so braindead easy even without "good combinations"? , You can literally complete all the start chart missions without any mods (except in Árbitrations, Eidolons, Orb Mothers).

Warframe's l braindead gameplay is unique because you can literally use anything you want without any formas (or even mods really) to succed in a mission, I mean Grendel's missions kinda show that, I did that solo (scared of Host Migration) with Mirage Prime (her 1st ability kinda got bug so I could't use it), Ferrox and sonicor, and completed the 3 missions no problem at all, showing how broken the Equipment are in compare to all the enemis.

If Wyrmius is the hardest addition in Warframe then you know something is wrong.

Just now, MinecraftGangsta said:

Yes, exactly that.

I suppose the advantage there is it plays well with dopamine production.. as withholding a reward longer makes you appreciate it more..

Maybe you can help me understand the rest of it, though. Those missions were a slog, which more often wound up with one person way overstaying their welcome.
(since we didn't have solo extract back then)

Would you still want it with solo extract being a thing? Effectively: longer missions for less reward?

• Like 1

warframe difficulty defined:

it is only easy if you pick the best gear without taking your own personal play-style preference into account. it depends on perspective.

for example, i like Excalibur. sure, he's not the best frame and only appreciated in niche situations with blind, but he cannot be built to Damaging levels like saryn. you wont see me carrying an 8 forma'd tigris prime around on missions. im the one to bring a nikana prime to a fight rather than a fancy riven'd zaw. thus one could argue my experience is more difficult compared to others who prefer optimized builds. no, ill just keep hitting a Laphantis with my bow, thank you. if one thinks that i need to optimize, then i'd argue that either all playstyles need buffs to make the game officially a power fantasy, or their's needs to be brought down to a certain level to make the game more difficult.

power fantasy or difficulty?

choose one, cause its impossible to have both.

it would tear this community apart deciding.

Edited by MysticDragonMage