Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about an Aoe indicator?

JackHargreav

Since the devs seem to be kinda stubborn about self damage maybe we could get an indicator about the range of the explosions. Just some white circle or whatever. Maybe reuse the Lenz's effect. I don't know all that much about programming but at a little circle can't be that hard to add.

Btw I'm usually using the explosive weapons from as far as the enemy as possible. But It can be kinda annoying when I aim up the weapon and seemingly nothing is in my way but then I blow up because a piece of grass or whatever caught my projectile.

Edited by JackHargreav
Also we could see how many enemies we will hit.
  • Like 2

You can always use revenant as a band-aid fix for the time being. With mesmer skin on you can take self-damage as much as you want, you'll just drop to 2 hp, but you won't lose mesmer skin stacks. As long as enemies don't break your stacks, you won't die.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

or they could just rework Cautious Shot to work on Bows. make it a general primary mod, nobody is gonna put it on a non-selfdamaging weapon anyway. 

I'm guessing it's the Kuva Bramma giving you trouble?

Yeah. And almost every other explosive weapon.

The Lenz would be the only exception. Since that weapon actually let's you jump out of It's range.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

or they could just rework Cautious Shot to work on Bows

Or they could just rework self-damage to not require a band-aid mod that doesn't even do anything half the time. Same goes for ability augments. I don't get DE's logic. If you find out something is badly designed and needs a change, just make the f*cking change, don't add it as a mod.

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

The Lenz would be the only exception. Since that weapon actually let's you jump out of It's range.

The Acceltra is also very usable due to its rockets only arming after traveling a certain distance. You can still kill yourself if you hold the trigger down and jump into your own explosions, but it's very easy to avoid doing that.

Edited by SordidDreams

14 minutes ago, DarkMarkX said:

You can always use revenant as a band-aid fix for the time being. With mesmer skin on you can take self-damage as much as you want, you'll just drop to 2 hp, but you won't lose mesmer skin stacks. As long as enemies don't break your stacks, you won't die.

Absolutely. I used the Komorex with him for a long time. It was my favorite setup.

2 hours ago, DarkMarkX said:

Someone said something positive about Revenant...

*grabs popcorn and waits*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Someone said something positive about Revenant...

*grabs popcorn and waits*

But didn't you know, he's a bad frame who is very bad because he's bad and is also bad, also something about the theme not fitting despite how much that does not matter and forcing the theme which I have arbitrarily decided is this and not that to fit would end up with a much worse frame overall.  I can't think of a use for him despite being told a dozen uses for him, therefore it's really important that I interject every single time he's brought up despite bringing nothing to and hindering the conversation.

On topic, would a "show hitboxes" option for the Simulacrum help?  I'd love to be able to see exactly where particular melee swings actually hit.  For explosive weapons, this would allow visualizing just how far away a safe distance is and how many foes would be caught by it, and a few minutes of practice there would mostly remove the need for additional vision-obscuring and screen-cluttering effects denoting explosive radius in-mission.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It seems obviously people want this....but why? It's easy damage so you want it to come free and easy with no setback? Everything has a pro and con.

It's the same people who will whine there is no challenge but when DE makes higher level enemies harder to kill and more dangerous they whine it's too hard and that it's not a challenge and just annoying. You can't appease them.

8 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Or they could just rework self-damage to not require a band-aid mod that doesn't even do anything half the time. Same goes for ability augments. I don't get DE's logic. If you find out something is badly designed and needs a change, just make the f*cking change, don't add it as a mod.

Sure, they could do that.  And then they'll drop the damage most likely so that people no longer have the choice of safety vs more damage.

9 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Good luck. I mean this is the same company that added self damage to weapons that didn't have it before (namely the Tonkor), so it seems that self damage is a really big part of their artistic vision

13 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Good luck. I mean this is the same company that added self damage to weapons that didn't have it before (namely the Tonkor), so it seems that self damage is a really big part of their artistic vision

Yeah, unfortunately they went from one extreme (no self damage) to the other (self one-shot). Still, I hold out hope they might someday realize the middle ground is where we should've been all along. They have made a few such belated no-brainer realizations they used to be virulently opposed to (vacuum on pets), so it's not impossible.

Edited by SordidDreams

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

or they could just rework Cautious Shot to work on Bows. make it a general primary mod, nobody is gonna put it on a non-selfdamaging weapon anyway. 

I'm guessing it's the Kuva Bramma giving you trouble?

ammo would be huge problem and will make it even more useless. same with lenz. this bows are already very limited and they arent worth using in arbitration or eos while grinding rep.

its not kuva ogris with 30 rockets.

Honestly, I'm fine with self-damage mechanics, even lethal ones, if the risk vs reward ratio is adequately balanced.
Meaning, make Launchers deal stupid damage in a generous AoE, the Kuva Bramma is a decent example of that 🙂

Alternatively, replace damage with some (weapon-specific) debuff or something (that can't be cicumvented), say ...
Lenz freezes you (on the main blast), Ogris knocks you down, Tonkor gives a super-sized Puncture proc, stuff like that.

Edited by NinjaZeku

10 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Since the devs seem to be kinda stubborn about self damage maybe we could get an indicator about the range of the explosions. Just some white circle or whatever. Maybe reuse the Lenz's effect. I don't know all that much about programming but at a little circle can't be that hard to add.

Btw I'm usually using the explosive weapons from as far as the enemy as possible. But It can be kinda annoying when I aim up the weapon and seemingly nothing is in my way but then I blow up because a piece of grass or whatever caught my projectile.

Or maybe replicate Accelta Explosion gimmicks.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Yeah, unfortunately they went from one extreme (no self damage) to the other (self one-shot). Still, I hold out hope they might someday realize the middle ground is where we should've been all along. They did make such belated realizations before with no-brainers they used to be virulently opposed to (vacuum on pets).

Tonkor use to do damage but it was limited to exactly 50 damage which normally your shields soaked up or your armor utterly mitigated but it was a Relic from the past when we had no bullet jumping. So they gave us the Tonkor to rocket jump up onto ledges.

It long out lived that use and was highly abused because no other explosive AOE weapon had that so it could just be pumped out without risk and just hose entire levels like brain dead monkeys banging on the keyboard.