Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel weapons are a joke

warmastercain

De we only have 1 good sentinel weapon the vulklok everything else is just to weak and vulklok is way to slow can we please get some real buffs for them and rework laser rifle prime laser rifle needs to be full auto with a 50 round mag and 25% cc with a 2.3c crit keep the 12 base damage but give it 16% status, deth machine rifle prime is still no better then the normal with a 5% cc buff and 1 extra base damage it needs to be 12 and have an extra 6% cc and 4% more status then it might be good but as these weapons sit they are all trash old and outdated so can we please get a rework for them.

• Like 3

Most of them do need some tweaks, but the vulklok, Deth rifle prime, and sweeper prime are all adequate imo. Sentinels are meant more for utility and support rather than damage and DE doesnt want something like a specter hovering over our shoulders that we can just afk the mission with.

If you use dethcube you get vaporize which scales from weapon mods on the sentinels weapon so it can be quite powerful, with my build it can reliably one shot up to level 50 lancers every 10 seconds, deal a reasonable amount of damage to heavy enemies and stun them while not even properly optimized to take advantage of vaporize because im using the vigilante set mods to boost my own weapon. If I built more for vaporize it can nearly kill a lv 100 lancer in one shot and take a quarter of a heavy gunners health in addition to stunning it. This also makes the dethrifle itself reasonably effective against normal enemies like lancers and crewman, obviously its not something that can solo a sortie but it shouldnt be able to do that anyways so its an acceptable amount of support from a small floating box in my opinion.

I've been using the Vulklok and Deconstructor for heat and viral procs and carrying my set mods. Sometimes Helios actually kills a guy. I do kinda wish that the sentinel weapons had built-in utilities to support this kind of use, like a sentinel weapon with life steal to help keep them alive or that would raise the chance of orb drops or something. I don't expect them to provide useful DPS - I mean, the first one we get just throws out cold procs to slow enemies down, so we know what we're getting into from the first time we use Taxon - but right now they provide a very specific and narrow set of utilities and debuffs via status and it'd be nice to have some additional options.

2 hours ago, Sahiratu said:

I loved Cryotra till the condition overload nerf comes...

Now I use it for viral and that's it.

1. CO is stronger than it ever has been. More accurately, it has never been easier to instantly place 6+ status on targets in groups without materially interrupting use of melee.

2. Cryotra is still the king of sentinel guns for 100% status application of two pure element damage types and 4 vigilante mods.

To the topic, years ago, vulklok was DE putting a toe into the water of higher power sentinel weapons. Ignorant nerf-herders screeched repetitively as they always do and even created "perfect storm" rigged videos to fool DE, and as usual where game devs and nerf-herders are concerned, DE was fooled and overnerfed vulklok. That, ladies and gents was the last powerful sentinel gun in Warframe, and that may never change. Not DE's fault, but you can thank a certain small, vocal, wee bit too serious segment of the player base.

On 2020-02-28 at 9:32 AM, warmastercain said:

De we only have 1 good sentinel weapon the vulklok everything else is just to weak and vulklok is way to slow can we please get some real buffs for them and rework laser rifle prime laser rifle needs to be full auto with a 50 round mag and 25% cc with a 2.3c crit keep the 12 base damage but give it 16% status, deth machine rifle prime is still no better then the normal with a 5% cc buff and 1 extra base damage it needs to be 12 and have an extra 6% cc and 4% more status then it might be good but as these weapons sit they are all trash old and outdated so can we please get a rework for them.

Deconstructor can three shot a level 100 grineer.

While it only works at point blank range sweeper prime does about the same.

DMRP can kill level 100 grineer in about second and a half to two seconds, and does not miss.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Klaleara:

Here I am, just wanting my mods to not be taken away from when I put them on my pets.  Please for the love of all that is pewpew, make Sentinels like exalted weapons when it comes to mods.

DE said so in the last devstream. 

On 2020-02-28 at 12:52 PM, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Sentinels are meant more for utility and support rather than damage and DE doesnt want something like a specter hovering over our shoulders that we can just afk the mission with.

EXACTLY. The entire reason the Vulkok is so slow is because people could go through defence missions without firing a round themselves. The nerf to the other sentinel weapons just mean that if you want a sentinel or MOA to do your dirty work, you have to put a LOT of resources into it.

My sweeper prime cost over 40,000 endo, at least 780,000 credits, 4 Formas, and a riven that I farmed and rolled myself. While the grind is a lot, just imagining a MR2 Volt doing nothing but playing a Shawzin while his Taxon kills everything in a Lith void fissure makes me want the grind any day.

There's some sentinel weapons which are alright.

But you wanna know one that is a joke? One with zero redeeming qualities besides looking neat no matter how goddamn hard you try?

Vulcax. Poor, poor Vulcax. 35 base damage that it needs 7 seconds to deliver due to its charge time, heinous reload time and SINGLE SHOT magazine. That equal crit multiplier to Vulklok doesn't do it any good when it's got less than half the base damage and not far off half the crit chance.

Before crits it has a base damage per second of F I V E. That's the same as Artax with none of the automatic status.

The change to Cold gave Artax quite a little buff. Previously it was a guaranteed Cold proc followed by a lot of very useless re-proccing on the same enemy. Now it's a guaranteed Cold proc followed by a lot of somewhat more useful proc stacking on the same enemy. Not exactly an endgame nuke, but the early game CC it provides when you first get it just got a little better.