Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

dont know which frame to focus on

KCHDD

Question

Hello guys, I'm currently MR7 and have just got to neptune in the star chart. So at this point I've been starting to look into advanced mods and upgrading my loadout before finishing off the rest of the starchart but I don't know which frame to focus on as I'm not sure which of those will work long term for me. I currently have Excalibur, Rhino, Valkyr, Ash P, Chroma P, Frost, Ember, Mag all maxed. Also building Vauban in the foundry and farming for Mesa P. Which of these do you guys think is the best fit long term?

14 answers to this question

Don't try to focus on any of them. Play them all, literally every frame, regularly until you decide which ones you tend to play most often or least often. 

I switch frames almost every mission. I have about 5 mains I use most often (Ash, Nyx, Limbo, Hydroid and Atlas), then I have the next tier that I use more situationally but still often (Ember, Equinox, Wukong, Nezha, Vauban, Gauss) then there's most other frames that I use for the heck of it periodically. 

There's only a small number of frames I almost never touch, because I just don't enjoy them and think they are poorly designed. But you may enjoy them so I won't try to skew your judgement before you'd have the chance to try them out.

All 69 of them, they're all fun to mess with, no one is above the rest as each one does a different job.

Mesa for an allround level the map WF.

Frost is a good utility frame, for a few jobs.

Valkyr if you want to melee.

Rhino is really only good up to a certain enemy level.

Plenty more to mess with but you'll be busy with them.

A lot depends on your playstyle and the weapons you prefer. Seeing that you might notice over time that your preference of type of weapon may chance so will the WF's you'll run mostly.

Any WF can do the entire star chart, but some will need a bit more TLC then others. Some, as you'll have noticed, are very good/helpful for certain missions while others are more jack of all trades, master of none. Consider also the reworks that happen and you might see that a frame that you thought was kind of "meh" turns to become really nice.

So take the Warframe(s) that you enjoy, that you really like the abilities, the look, the possibilities of and never mind what anyone else says.

E.G.: someone saying that Rhino is only good up to a certain level.... *shrug* my wife runs Rhino Prime and does Anomaly missions solo, does the 3 stages of Sortie (lvl 100) solo, takes out a lvl 5 Lich solo. I think it's safe to say that Rhino can do most things you might be wanting to do up to and including every mission on the starchart. Unless of course you go in with a crappy weapon or a very badly modded one.

Of course, if you want to do a 3 hour survival so as to face lvl *insert ridiculous amount*  then yes Rhino, and most other frames, will fail. Except for the bragging rights there however isn't really a reason for doing that kind of thing.

Happy Hunting Tenno

Thanks for all the responses. I do have one further question, since I should be using a multitude of frames would I need to potato all or most of them? Forma isn't that hard to get but at this point in the game its kinda hard to get potatoes consistently.

Just now, KCHDD said:

Thanks for all the responses. I do have one further question, since I should be using a multitude of frames would I need to potato all or most of them? Forma isn't that hard to get but at this point in the game its kinda hard to get potatoes consistently.

I'd suggest playing around with their kits a bit to decide if you wanna go further with them, also I'd reserve potatoes for Prime versions (if they're available). 

As a side note, if you're doing Nightwave, some auras go for 20-40 plat on warframe.market so you might wanna check them out for easy potatoes.

15 minutes ago, KCHDD said:

You don't need to max out every frame. Probably. I think the best thing to do is play through all the mission types and ask yourself what situations you do well in, which ones are harder to handle, and what frames you could try that might handle them better. As you go, pick frames whose gameplay/style you enjoy that will also cover situations that you currently don't feel you handle satisfactorily.

You may find you have one frame you can take everywhere and do well enough to satisfy yourself. You may find there are multiple. Whatever the answer is, you'll hopefully have narrowed down the amount of stuff you feel you need to work on.

It's all preference, rly. I can do well with Sorties 3 with my Rhino P (despite so many meta tankers out there) with 3 forma Lesion build, and even go one on one in Assassination Sorties with Oberon P (if ya know how to do it.)

This game is all about finding your preference in gameplay. Don't eat the meta info so much. Explained why there are so many different Warframe mains per users out there in this game.

Good luck, and have fun. 😉

2 hours ago, KCHDD said:

If you play them extensively, you need a reactor in them. Otherwise you're playing a crippled 'frame with only half the mod energy. 

If your mod base is small and you can't really use even 30 points of energy, then, no, they don't need a reactor. If you can't get in important mods to improve that 'frame's performance, then you do need a reactor. 

Forma are--now--much easier to obtain, so you can avoid using a reactor for some time, but you will need one sooner or later on a 'frame that you play extensively. 

Hi all study your use and style and find frame that fits EX Ivara for spy missions, that all frames  have basic function. Try diff mod combos see what works, a good place to practice is simulcron fro Cephalon on relay.The potato thing if you really going to mod, advisable. If frame used occasionally then not. Don't go to deep enjoy your play solo or public. YouTube good source of builds and mod configuration, also warframe wiki.............................enjoy tenno 🙂

Edited by o1517

8 hours ago, KCHDD said:

Hello guys, I'm currently MR7 and have just got to neptune in the star chart. So at this point I've been starting to look into advanced mods and upgrading my loadout before finishing off the rest of the starchart but I don't know which frame to focus on as I'm not sure which of those will work long term for me. I currently have Excalibur, Rhino, Valkyr, Ash P, Chroma P, Frost, Ember, Mag all maxed. Also building Vauban in the foundry and farming for Mesa P. Which of these do you guys think is the best fit long term?

Depends on your play style really, for what I used to play, I would choose Frost or Rhino for long term. They work well with CC and being fairly tanky if played well and Frost can hold well for defense missions by yourself. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Depends on your play style really, for what I used to play, I would choose Frost or Rhino for long term. They work well with CC and being fairly tanky if played well and Frost can hold well for defense missions by yourself. 

If our OP had mentioned them I'd have gone to my girl Khora or Wisp. Khora is very flexible and can handle anything you throw her at but needs ESO and Sanc to get so for our OP I couldn't call on her. Wisp I learned, is insane. Like everything mods are king and modded right every frame can do very well if you practice with them but Wisp is very, very OP: buff her own hp regain, shock foes, a crazy dps death ray (that deals more damage as your victim gets hit), a QoL teleport that damages as you pass and her airborne periods make her untargettable - Wisp is just nuts 😋. For our OP I agree totally here with you especially as Khora say, takes from Frost in how Strangledome and Snowglobe both protect and deny enemy free access to say Cryopods with Frost being great against all and Khora's better for farming.