Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Reactions Simplified

[DE]Drew

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Graavarg:

Yep, I know that. It was more of a rhetorical question. Since "reputation" should be based on something more solid than "likes"...

Sadly this is how society always worked and mostly today now, Facebook likes, Youtube likes and views, etc.

People worry more about numbers then the actual subject with it, publishers are the worst exampel here DE got forced to make Nightwave to show players login in and show nice numbers as example, but do players have fun with it and actual feedback not matters here, just how long players were logged in and how often.

I really hate this thinking in likes today, people lost there own opinion if they ever had any that is growing up with "social" media.

56 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Yep, I know that. It was more of a rhetorical question. Since "reputation" should be based on something more solid than "likes"...

Should also have the dislikes at least.
And have stuff like deleted posts and the like strike down on it.

To be honest, forum without old emotes is pretty boring. I want to react so much to alot of messages, but i cant type whole esse for each of them. I could click “haha” or “pleased” emote before, and now i cant. Well... thats just not smart change. Ooooook. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I've never been a fan at all of forums where the only option is "upvote" or "good." Forcing everything to look positive is never the answer.

Downvotes are important too. Not everyone likes to comment or type out a paragraph to express their feelings. When someone has a differing opinion and comes into a thread to see only people agreeing with the overall topic and all the reactions and smiles and rainbows, they're put off from voicing their opinion for fear that it isn't what other people agree with. When there's downvotes as well, they see that even if there aren't comments that support them, there's people out there who may have a similar opinion and they feel more confident to voice their opinion.

Reputation should only increase with upvotes, not decrease with downvotes, but they are an important part of a forum. It's a forum, by definition different views must be able to be exchanged.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

And it is... But this time, they want words.

Having downvotes doesn't detract from that though, it just removes this "everything is perfect and there are no bad ideas, even the S#&$ ones" facade.

42 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Having downvotes doesn't detract from that though, it just removes this "everything is perfect and there are no bad ideas, even the S#&$ ones" facade.

... or they just want words to be used.

... This is like reductive combat... You can do all those spectacular things we have at our disposal to do in order to make combat be as spectacular as possible while killing the AI units to satisfy our "power fantasy" theory... Or we can just kill the AI units.

The approach is pretty much similar... Either we have a huge collection of emoji thingies to make posts be as flashy as possible... Or we can just use words.

... I, however, think that we should have a similar upvote system as the "Players vs Players" section, without the whole "best answer" debacle... But then again, what I think matters as much to others as dirt, with no exclusions...

... Otherwise, we would be having Archwing AND Railjack with the previous Experimental Filght, no auto-leveling and complete Joystick + Mouse combo control solely on Railjack, while having the ability to aim be fully independent from navigation control... Just a random thing from the top of the pile...

Edit: Or having Melee Magnetism removed so I can use ground Melee stances again since the Archmelee fix broke them all like it did before "Melee 3.0 Phase 1"... Just another random thing from the top of the pile....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say, I’m really enjoying the simplified forum reactions. Gone are the easily-misinterpreted faces (are they laughing with the poster or at the poster??), and instead it’s been replaced with either “I support something within this post” or “I disagree with something you’ve said, and here’s why”. I would like it if people clarified what it is they ‘liked’ a post for, but eh. I interpret it as “If someone had nothing to like in this post, they wouldn’t like it”.

Hrm 🤔 The prevalence of few likes on a post that covers multiple topics versus concise posts having more likes might be an indicator that people would rather like a clear single message post than a multiple-message one, but I may be thinking too much into this 😋.

Overall I’ve been finding it much easier to understand and learn about people, and I like that 👍 

(dislike-bombing isn’t a thing either, and I appreciate that)

Am 6.3.2020 um 03:40 schrieb [DE]Drew:

Tenno, 

We have simplified the forum reactions to include only 'Like' (+1 Reputation). The previous reactions were essentially doing the same thing as a 'Like' by providing 1 Reputation. If you have a response that cannot be conveyed by an emoji, we encourage you to make a post explaining your opinion. Reactions are a good way to quickly show support, but posting your constructive thoughts is always appreciated. 

Thanks!

I'd like to add/voice my dissatisfaction with the fact that we had our "dislikes" (surprise face whatever you wanna call it) basically converted into likes. Being able to give a simple dislike is THE clearest, least toxic and most simple form of people to show their displeasure with anything. It is innately anti-toxic and should be an option in any form of constructive discourse.

Please reenable / add a dislike option to the forum, to allow more detailed feedback to be given without the need to fully quote any post one might wish to respond to.

• 1 month later...

I would personally like(+1) and (-1) buttons instead of just one (+1) button.

On some websites it works well since years. And there is sample of FaceBook that it causes rise of things that have one of +1 per 10000 and -9999per 10000.

For my posts i would like fair reaction even if it will give me -100000000 reputation.

On 2020-03-06 at 4:00 AM, MagPrime said:

Someone went through my posts and did the same a few weeks ago.  Honestly, putting rep so easily seen was a bad idea for a forum that wants to push constructive posting.  Not only does it detract from the quality of some posters content just because they want those stupid green numbers but I've actually experienced new posters say "well, based on your reputation, I think you're right" 

No, those are just stupid numbers that do not convey the quality of my posts.  The majority of those come from Off Topic and should have NO bearing on what you think of my post.

wish somebody haha'd my posts, I'm a sad person thes days

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived