Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

So. . .hm. . .what major bugs from Warframe's past would be best to implement into the suit? Will it have an ability based on the zorencoptering maneuver of yore? I really can't seem to recall any others for some reason that were beneficial to people as opposed to deleterious.

im actually glad broken was chosen, i know its not quite time yet for abilities but id love some general discussion on my idea. 

since the theme is broken, i think it would be neat if we introduced a malfunction aspect to the frame. 
give it its 4 normal abilities then, modify them for a "malfunction" occurrence. lets say the malfunction chance it based on say str/dur/range depending on the ability. 

when an ability malfunctions it does an opposite effect of whatever the main ability is. 
thematically it fits and i think even gameplay wise it would work. broken could be a really strong frame but the drawback is the RNG or chance based malfunctions which would even the destruction or tank or support aspects of the frame. 

sure it might not be the best frame but i generally think that it would be one of the more entertaining frames to play.

id love to add to this idea or get opinions of others.   

I think a neat idea for this concept would be to have the skills work like nova 4 where negative stats give a positiveish result in nova case creating a speed zone when power level is below 100.  Something along the lines of each ability interacting in this manner with each stat 

Strength efficiency duration range

I'll have to work on a full concept but I'm thinking a skill where: you gain damage resist of 30% at 100 efficiency with a heal the heal goes up with ability strength but the damage reduction is base on efficiency if you go up in efficiency 130% you lose the reduction buff if you go down say 50% efficiency it goes up to 80% buff.  Same with duration a skill that does DOT and the less duration more concentrated the damage becomes etc.  Basically the broken frame works well with corrupted mods.

Dead frame. No, not Nekros.

Ghost mode - Turns to ghost and invisible, inflicting frost proc to nearby enemies every sec in that mode.

Cheat death mode - Turns to undying mode, collecting attacks of enemies to it.

Karma mode - Taunts enemies to attack it every second. When this mode ends, damage accumulated is reflected to surrounding enemies in a relatively large area, through walls possibly.

Astral reflection mode - Can have its astral body leave the warframe and travel through walls, to explore. Maybe increase movement speed in this form with strength and duration stats to make it actually useful in some missions. As well as highlight enemies and containers and objectives a bit in this mode maybe.

Passive - Possession - Upon its death after bleedout, can enter astral reflection mode and enter a nearby enemy, invading their consciousness and taking full control of it. Each second of controlling this enemy, its stats are increased but a percentage of health is lost. If manages to kill two enemies (or maybe one or 3, idk), warframe revives at 100% health and 50% energy.

20 minutes ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

Cheat death mode - Turns to undying mode, collecting attacks of enemies to it.

It would be cool if that ability acted as Revenant's ultimate from Apex. Because if it's just a ability that makes you not die and that's it, it would just be Wukong's defy ability again

On 2020-04-02 at 6:14 AM, The_Mister said:

Buggy is a singular theme, modular opens up a door that leads to... honestly another game entirely. If this one frame is modular why aren’t all the others? Why can’t I have Mesa’s 4 with Limbos Passive? Inaros health and 4 with Iron Skin and snow globe?

That’s what I think when I hear Modular Warframe. Just watch, most Modular Archwings from the first wave are going to have Ameshas 1 and 2, Itzals Pull, And Ameshas 4. The 2nd ability may vary but mostly Ameshas 1 is required for Railjack, the Pull combined with Ameshas 4 and Cold Snap will make it a good substitute for Ameshas 3 and it will help with picking up drops. Ameshas 2 is great if your solo Railjack because you can just drop it on top of your ship and go out and kill things with your superior archgun.

its not that I don’t want a Modular Warframe, it’s just if they were going to do it that way they would have from early on. Instead they locked them selves into themes. Not to say it won’t happen, just that the amount of work it would require to modular every Warframe is indeed just not feasible. Archwing has the benefit of being relatively new and under developed, mostly in part due to lack of popularity and usefulness outside their designated missions.

Having one Modular frame will also make the player base beg and harass the devs to just make it that way for every Frame, so unless the Devs are willing to do that, then they will never release a modular Frame.

Ah I see so it's just he word we used. We didn't mean modular as in modular everything, the idea of modular would come how the Helios Sentinel fights for example. The word Modular was used just to put the theme of a physical modularity piece-y warframe under a single word, we don't mean that everything from the powers of other warframes to be modular.

I am aware that I have missed out on this opportunity but I had and Idea;-there could be a form of Druid-like Warframe that can transform into otherworldly creatures, e.t.c. Its ultimate could be a call to the wild, storming the surrounding area with Condrocs, Kubrodons, Sawgaws, Kavats, and other creatures from the Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon to shred the enemy to pieces.

Since Broken is the theme, can we have Blink for one of the abilities? Think of it as "glitching" - it would be extra awesome if one could "glitch" through walls and pillars. Would do interesting things to the infiltrate missions...

On 2020-03-06 at 2:39 PM, Carlitto888 said:

Do you know limbo?

Limbo isn't a dark matter frame. He's literally what his name implies. Limbo is a spacial plane of ultimate punishment after death. You're neither allowed into heaven or hell but instead forced to walk the flip side of the living world. Neither able to interact nor change events. Limbo, the frame, walks freely between those two sides of the living world. Plz do research before commenting.

So I thought about having a frame that was sealed away in hiding by the Orokin or sentient due to the noble and raw power. A great offense is having the best defense. Visibly adding a massive armor buff to allies and that armor has it's own "HP". So when that hit's zero it breaks and disappears. This frame will be stocky and Iron based.  Maybe call it Kovar or Cobalt? 

Spin-off Guyver (joke, but cool). Warframe who may change his body like powerfull weapon, if u r change his bogy part color(like chroma, but color of body) chenge skills and look of weapon or armor) like bio armor, yep We all take something as a basis, I took a bio suit.

I'm hoping they don't drag out showing the concept art for tomorrow, I really hope they show it early tomorrow because I'm so hyped to see it. And like I said before I really REALLY want it to be a frame that's all glitchy with binary code leaking out of it. If it's a frame like that I'm maining that frame day one! It's bad enough we didn't get to get the hacker frame, please at least let this be a "digital" styled frame! 🙏🙏🙏

Archived