Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

Cerebus, No it doesn't have three heads instead it'll act similarly to chroma and equinox however having three forms instead of two. And being an Elemental having access to three of the base elements. The first ability being to switch between forms similarly to Equinox however the switch will act similarly to Ivara's arrows. The switch resulting in an eruption of whichever element form you switch to dealing AOE damage. The second ability and third ability I'm unsure of but the fourth ability will be his ult where he increases all damage and makes all of his weapons deal every element damage he has pretty much a supercharged form dealing immense damage

On 2020-03-23 at 1:39 PM, Sentinel-14 said:

Honestly, I'm disappointed. None of these sound worthwhile.

Caligraphy is a similar theme to Baruuk and Harrow, at least on the surface. The execution might make it different enough, but the whole idea just seems strange to me.
Hive is too similar to Nidus for my comfort. If anything, Nidus's 1 could be reworked to send a swarm out instead of a stomp. As someone else said, he's basically Shino Aburame from the manga/anime Naruto.
Broken: this is completely wrong. The Orokin were perfectionists to the point of narcissism and would never release a broken warframe. It's completely against who they are.
Morpheus: Equinox and Ivara's sleep arrow say Hi. Also, Morpheus is the god of dreams only. Hypnos is the god of sleep (and Morpheus' father, for that matter).
Falconer: Khorra with a bird. We already have Khorra: we dont need the same theme again. If you're going to make it different enough to be interesting, it needs to be more than one animal. A Beastmaster, where his abilities are a bird, kubrow/kubrodon, and something else.
Ballerina: Really? I mean.... what? I get maybe 'battle dancer' or something, like River Tam vs the Reavers in Serenity, but 'ballerina'? Nah. And I'm fully aware that Summer Glau (River's actress) is a trained ballet dancer, but that fight did not conjure the image of 'ballerina'. And if anything, lady Garuda gives me the 'battle dancer' vibe, though I admit I have not played her yet.
Ghost in the Machine: The Operator says hi. We are, literally, the ghost in the machine. We project our consciousness, our 'ghost' into the machine body. Furthermore, hacking/data transfer is hardly a combat mechanic, or any kind of useful support skillset given the current mechanics of the game.
Arawn: see Falconer/Beastmaster above.
Kamaitachi:Rides the wind? Revanat and Wukong. Limbs like a sickle?: literally anyone wielding dual kamas. There is nothing of interest here.
Gargoyle: So.... Atlas's Rumblers turned into a frame.

There were good ideas. Lots of them.
Furion is a great beast frame idea.
Bastion is a great idea for a proper paladin. Not the druid-paladin that Oberon is, but a right and proper knightly paladin.

How did all the terrible ones get picked? No disrespect intended to the creators, but man....

Well, I have to say I agree with you on many points, but to play devil's advocate a little here's some "optimism" for you

Caligraphy: with the proper execution, this could be an amazing warframe.  While I can't get the image of an exalted Greatsword that looks like a brush, there are a few ways this could be extremely well executed. 

Hive: I dislike the idea of an infection swarm, but something more akin to a bee keeper could be interesting.  Would have prefered a swarm of nanomachines myself

Broken: While you are right that the Orokin would never have released a broken warframe, what about if it got broken after release?  Im imagining a warframe lost or discarded after it was damaged, but some ghost in it's program caused it to slowly repair itself with mismatched pieces.

Morpheus: Ya, I got nothing for this.  Just too similar to a theme already covered multiple times

Falconer/Arwen: Again, don't have much here.  Would be cool if instead of having a bonus companion these guys had an Exalted Companion that replaced existing ones.

Ballerina:  I imagine something akin to Camile from League of Legends but more ballerina focused.

The rest I can kind of defend but the argument gets progressively weaker from there.  Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate here, mainly trying to spread some hope about the themes turning out well.  I'm nervous that they'll end poorly myself, but we might get some amazing concepts!

• Like 3

Can I speak Chinese?我觉得下个战甲你可以设计为:

demon或者devil,译为恶魔猎手怎么样?样子可以和恶魔一个样子,毕竟是干掉恶魔后,把它制作成战甲嘛!红黑色的战甲,有着倒刺,和欧美古代战争中的盔甲差不多,具体各位设计师大佬可以在改改呗!Thanks!
10 hours ago, ZaneOlric said:

Well, I have to say I agree with you on many points, but to play devil's advocate a little here's some "optimism" for you

Caligraphy: with the proper execution, this could be an amazing warframe.  While I can't get the image of an exalted Greatsword that looks like a brush, there are a few ways this could be extremely well executed. 

Hive: I dislike the idea of an infection swarm, but something more akin to a bee keeper could be interesting.  Would have prefered a swarm of nanomachines myself

Broken: While you are right that the Orokin would never have released a broken warframe, what about if it got broken after release?  Im imagining a warframe lost or discarded after it was damaged, but some ghost in it's program caused it to slowly repair itself with mismatched pieces.

Morpheus: Ya, I got nothing for this.  Just too similar to a theme already covered multiple times

Falconer/Arwen: Again, don't have much here.  Would be cool if instead of having a bonus companion these guys had an Exalted Companion that replaced existing ones.

Ballerina:  I imagine something akin to Camile from League of Legends but more ballerina focused.

The rest I can kind of defend but the argument gets progressively weaker from there.  Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate here, mainly trying to spread some hope about the themes turning out well.  I'm nervous that they'll end poorly myself, but we might get some amazing concepts!

I thought of a tiny themed warframe. (Size of Titania's razorwing ability.) the warframe would be half-calf size out of battle and could shrink or grow enemies/warframes. 

Honestly I just really hope we get Ghost in the Machine, it sounds the most unique out of all of them. You can do soooo much with that theme, you can add the ability to summon drones and robotics, maybe add some surveillance mechanics similar to the hacker in Battlefield, apply some illusions with decoys, give him some Watch Dogs like hacking, locking doors or access for the enemies, or hell, even give him the ability to make the enemies lag. And there are soooo many more possibilities. 

Calligraphy - sounds like going to be a Harrow just with drawing

Hive - Nidus wannabe

Broken - actually really interesting and unique, he can be based off glitches and "game exploits"

Morpheus - not that bad of a theme, this can have lots of mind control abilities

Falconer - just another Khora, should be a beast master instead to give more options with animals

Ballerina - basically Octavia

Arawn - not too bad, could be another hunter frame and can introduce an exalted crossbow

Kamaitachi - don't even understand this one

Gargoyle - umm..... Atlas

Actually good concepts, slime, alchemist, post apocalypse (rewards players for taking damage), explosives, paramedic, and so many others. The most unique one I thought was the slime one

I wouldn't say these are horrible themes, just very lackluster, boring, and ones we basically already have in game.

Edited by CYBERNETICX
33 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Winner: Broken Warframe.

Source: Home Time stream, at the 6:40 mark.

I had a feeling they would pick the meme frame, I'm just hoping they don't be goofy with it and add abilities that are glitches and common game exploits like aim bot and making the enemies lag

6 minutes ago, CYBERNETICX said:

I had a feeling they would pick the meme frame, I'm just hoping they don't be goofy with it and add abilities that are glitches and common game exploits like aim bot and making the enemies lag

Yeah, I think that'd be pretty bad as well. I got my fingers crossed for a grizzled, self-repairing war veteran. Basically, the hardware interpretation of "broken", rather than the software one. Unfortunately (and a tad stupidly), the way the winning theme is worded, it could be either or, leading to vastly different results.

Repair- Warframe stops and goes into repair mode. Nothing happens.

404- Ability is unable to be found. Please try again.

Glitch- Warframe glitches out of map and falls through the floor.

Blue Screen of Death- Screen turns blue and game freezes. Must restart game.

Crash (Passive)- 98.9% chance for Warframe to Stagger and become unable to move when attempting to use any ability.

😎

Edited by Maj-Cero
  • Like 2

Looks wise, what would make me the happiest and what would look coolest is a combination of these two images

4sH8OAU.jpgaQOZK0m.gif

Also would be cool to have animation similar to the nurses from Silent Hill

RIP Limbo at some point?:crylaugh: Atleast chosen theme doesn't hold artist imagination and abilities/animation can be wild and interesting. I remember some scary dudes who can change they warframe body parts without going to arsenal:crylaugh:

Edited by MysteriousTenno
  • Like 1

I would've liked a ballet warframe since I started playing last year I had this thought. Glad another fellow tenno had the same idea. Congrats to the winner though not one I would've picked. Lots of negative comments and putting down others ideas. we should just be happy we can play them and hopefully we can get more ideas and contests down the road ....hint hint ballerina with steel raven wings twirling cutting down those in her path lol.

That aside I saw a comment that compared the ballet frame to that of Octavia and Garuda. Having played these when I started you are wrong. Garuda is a blood queen who is royal like IMO. She reminds me of Elizabeth Bathory and Octavia is a DJ. As much as I enjoy Octavia I wishes she was more destructive. To me she is more of a support character with buffs unlike Garuda who enjoys sucking the blood from her victims on a pike hehehe. I like that she is referred to "Lady" by you. I call her "Mistress"

I'm sure the broken warframe will be an exceptional addition to the game's collection. :)

hace 11 horas, MysteriousTenno dijo:

RIP Limbo at some point?:crylaugh: Atleast chosen theme doesn't hold artist imagination and abilities/animation can be wild and interesting. I remember some scary dudes who can change they warframe body parts without going to arsenal:crylaugh:

good song

• Like 1

Well broken Frame is still incredibly open ended....and someone said frame that can get through doors when the host sucks as a joke, but if its a Bugframe, walking through closed doors, be it bad host or during lockdown ,aswell as friendship doors, would actually be a neat passive. If its a broken, rule defying Frame, it might aswell also run around normal during bleedout.

• Like 1
On 2020-03-25 at 9:10 PM, (PS4)MakeChoices said:

Please DE please give us a hive frame, even if it doesn't win here give us one down the road. I love the idea of turning enemies into hives that slowly increase ability power or spawn swarms of insects that deal damage.

Isn't this like nidus?