Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

10 hours ago, ZaneOlric said:

Well, I have to say I agree with you on many points, but to play devil's advocate a little here's some "optimism" for you

Caligraphy: with the proper execution, this could be an amazing warframe.  While I can't get the image of an exalted Greatsword that looks like a brush, there are a few ways this could be extremely well executed. 

Hive: I dislike the idea of an infection swarm, but something more akin to a bee keeper could be interesting.  Would have prefered a swarm of nanomachines myself

Broken: While you are right that the Orokin would never have released a broken warframe, what about if it got broken after release?  Im imagining a warframe lost or discarded after it was damaged, but some ghost in it's program caused it to slowly repair itself with mismatched pieces.

Morpheus: Ya, I got nothing for this.  Just too similar to a theme already covered multiple times

Falconer/Arwen: Again, don't have much here.  Would be cool if instead of having a bonus companion these guys had an Exalted Companion that replaced existing ones.

Ballerina:  I imagine something akin to Camile from League of Legends but more ballerina focused.

The rest I can kind of defend but the argument gets progressively weaker from there.  Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate here, mainly trying to spread some hope about the themes turning out well.  I'm nervous that they'll end poorly myself, but we might get some amazing concepts!

I thought of a tiny themed warframe. (Size of Titania's razorwing ability.) the warframe would be half-calf size out of battle and could shrink or grow enemies/warframes. 

Honestly I just really hope we get Ghost in the Machine, it sounds the most unique out of all of them. You can do soooo much with that theme, you can add the ability to summon drones and robotics, maybe add some surveillance mechanics similar to the hacker in Battlefield, apply some illusions with decoys, give him some Watch Dogs like hacking, locking doors or access for the enemies, or hell, even give him the ability to make the enemies lag. And there are soooo many more possibilities. 

Calligraphy - sounds like going to be a Harrow just with drawing

Hive - Nidus wannabe

Broken - actually really interesting and unique, he can be based off glitches and "game exploits"

Morpheus - not that bad of a theme, this can have lots of mind control abilities

Falconer - just another Khora, should be a beast master instead to give more options with animals

Ballerina - basically Octavia

Arawn - not too bad, could be another hunter frame and can introduce an exalted crossbow

Kamaitachi - don't even understand this one

Gargoyle - umm..... Atlas

Actually good concepts, slime, alchemist, post apocalypse (rewards players for taking damage), explosives, paramedic, and so many others. The most unique one I thought was the slime one

I wouldn't say these are horrible themes, just very lackluster, boring, and ones we basically already have in game.

33 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Winner: Broken Warframe.

Source: Home Time stream, at the 6:40 mark.

I had a feeling they would pick the meme frame, I'm just hoping they don't be goofy with it and add abilities that are glitches and common game exploits like aim bot and making the enemies lag

6 minutes ago, CYBERNETICX said:

I had a feeling they would pick the meme frame, I'm just hoping they don't be goofy with it and add abilities that are glitches and common game exploits like aim bot and making the enemies lag

Yeah, I think that'd be pretty bad as well. I got my fingers crossed for a grizzled, self-repairing war veteran. Basically, the hardware interpretation of "broken", rather than the software one. Unfortunately (and a tad stupidly), the way the winning theme is worded, it could be either or, leading to vastly different results.

Repair- Warframe stops and goes into repair mode. Nothing happens.

404- Ability is unable to be found. Please try again.

Glitch- Warframe glitches out of map and falls through the floor.

Blue Screen of Death- Screen turns blue and game freezes. Must restart game.

Crash (Passive)- 98.9% chance for Warframe to Stagger and become unable to move when attempting to use any ability.

😎

I would've liked a ballet warframe since I started playing last year I had this thought. Glad another fellow tenno had the same idea. Congrats to the winner though not one I would've picked. Lots of negative comments and putting down others ideas. we should just be happy we can play them and hopefully we can get more ideas and contests down the road ....hint hint ballerina with steel raven wings twirling cutting down those in her path lol.

That aside I saw a comment that compared the ballet frame to that of Octavia and Garuda. Having played these when I started you are wrong. Garuda is a blood queen who is royal like IMO. She reminds me of Elizabeth Bathory and Octavia is a DJ. As much as I enjoy Octavia I wishes she was more destructive. To me she is more of a support character with buffs unlike Garuda who enjoys sucking the blood from her victims on a pike hehehe. I like that she is referred to "Lady" by you. I call her "Mistress"

I'm sure the broken warframe will be an exceptional addition to the game's collection. :)

hace 11 horas, MysteriousTenno dijo:

RIP Limbo at some point?:crylaugh: Atleast chosen theme doesn't hold artist imagination and abilities/animation can be wild and interesting. I remember some scary dudes who can change they warframe body parts without going to arsenal:crylaugh:

good song

Well broken Frame is still incredibly open ended....and someone said frame that can get through doors when the host sucks as a joke, but if its a Bugframe, walking through closed doors, be it bad host or during lockdown ,aswell as friendship doors, would actually be a neat passive. If its a broken, rule defying Frame, it might aswell also run around normal during bleedout.

On 2020-03-25 at 9:10 PM, (PS4)MakeChoices said:

Please DE please give us a hive frame, even if it doesn't win here give us one down the road. I love the idea of turning enemies into hives that slowly increase ability power or spawn swarms of insects that deal damage.

Isn't this like nidus?

14 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I got my fingers crossed for a grizzled, self-repairing war veteran. Basically, the hardware interpretation of "broken", rather than the software one.

Might as well take the moment to post my spontaneous ability ideas for this take on the theme.

Stats
High Health, high Armor, high Shield (see ability 2), average Energy and slow Sprint Speed.

Passive 1: Lead Eater
Converts ammo pickups into ammo for equipped weapons, prioritizing your current weapon. If both ammo reserves are full, the pickups are converted into Energy instead.

Passive 2: Waste Not, Want Not
Spending ammo adds to your Stockpiled Casings counter, used for your Ability 1 and 3. 1 Stockpiled Casings per ammo spent, up to a maximum of 1000(?).

Ability 1: Scrap Shotgun
Fires 25% of your Stockpiled Casings in a frontal cone, dealing heavy damage to all enemies within and inflicting them with random status effects. The amount of Stockpiled Casings spent increases the base radius of the cone, the damage done per enemy, and the number of status effects inflicted on each enemy.

Ability 2: Defective Shield
Channeled ability. Broken's shield doesn't work properly and is usually inactive. Channeling this ability projects the shield in front of you, providing mobile cover for both you and your team. Shield amount is based on Shield and Power Strength. Broken does not benefit from shield gating, but it blocks frontal Toxin attacks due to functioning like a barrier. The shield recharges while this ability is inactive, even if Broken is taking damage.

Synergy: Shooting your Scrap Shotgun through the shield increases the damage and number of statuses inflicted.

Ability 3: Emergency Repair
Consumes a flat amount of your Stockpiled Casings to heal yourself over a short duration. After the heal is over, you receive two random defensive buffs thanks to your new materials. There's about 6-10 different buffs, ranging from minor damage resistance, increased shield recharge and reduced recharge delay, increased armor, a chance to damage and stun melee attackers, et cetera.

Synergy: If used behind your Defective Shield, nearby allies also receive the heal and buffs. 

Ability 4: Scylla & Charybdis
Broken's frugality allows the use of two exalted auto-spool machine-guns that had previously been discarded. Functioning much like the Prisma Gorgon and Gorgon Wraith, one is geared more towards Critical Chance/Damage while the other sports higher Status Chance/Duration. And yes, Broken dual-wields them, firing one with the left trigger and the other with the right. The energy cost per second fired (per gun fired) is fairly high, though compensates by rapidly adding to your Stockpiled Casings.

Synergy (maybe?): If your Defective Shield is inactive, firing Scylla & Charubdis costs 25% less energy at the cost of draining the shield instead.

Now, let's cross our fingers and hope that Broken doesn't turn out to be the software interpretation of its description, because then this imagining goes out the window.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community artist, Eornheit has received the theme and is now designing the next community-created Warframe.

Do we know whether or not it'll be the hardware or software interpretation of "broken"? From the description of the winning theme, it sounds like it could go either way, but the results would be quite different. Is that decision up to the artist now?

Hi, Helen

I don't want to question the internal choice but how can possibly be a good idea picking a theme that sais "broken warframe, bug as a feature" in a game where are so many bugs? 

Quite a lot of people/players may think this is a deliberate troll toward the community, especially with the state of the last Update.

Archived