Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

27 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

If you guys are going to do the math you created incorrectly the LEAST you can do is not prove how uneducated the individual who made this change is. Because that's a nerf. Not a buff. Mathematically it is a proven nerf. You have made this weaker. And you are boldly lying it is a buff.

Please do your math correctly.

You would do well to do your own math. As it stands Shattering Justice sucks. This change is a buff no matter how you slice it. The following graph is Sobek's status chance on the Y-axis and the % from status chance mods on the X-axis. The black line is the current version, while the purple line is the proposed changes. I'll let you draw the conclusion.kucW8QK.png

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Parazon Finisher

My one problem with these is actually being able to do them in regular combat. Most enemies die by various means beforehand and I would like to use these lovely Parazon mods I paid for outside of murmer farming...

Also, Reflection warframe mod, 96% damage reflected when blocking attacks while channeling, is still in the game.

Also, as I always ask for, Full rotation on weapon holstering. I know it's intentional but stave holster is upside down. There was a short period where it wasn't, but someone decided that was an error and "fixed" it. Staves, scythes, axes, and such are kept "head up" instead of handle up.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You would do well to do your own math. As it stands Shattering Justice sucks. This change is a buff no matter how you slice it. The following graph is Sobek's status chance on the Y-axis and the % from status chance mods on the X-axis. The black line is the current version, while the purple line is the proposed changes. I'll let you draw the conclusion.kucW8QK.png

You would do well to refresh more. By technicality it's a buff.

Guess what? It's still crap. Buff it more.

1 minute ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I used to enjoy eating sentients. :B

Paracesis exists. Upgraded amps exist. Umbra exists. Sacrificial melee mods exist. Sheer, massive raw damage exists.

They killed the CC. The part of it people actually wanted to use. So now the only viable Magus left is Repair until they nerf that to because it puts the 3 Trinity main players out of a job.

4 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

It is still going to be able to instantly stop up to 20 enemies at a time. That is hardly useless.

Yeah, saw Bear's edit after I submitted my post. Ten's not as utterly useless as the two they initially presented it as, but it's still a pretty massive nerf compared to what it's currently capable of. Also not sure where you're pulling that twenty number from, you can't stack arcanes anymore, and even if you could, the wording is ten per player, not per arcane, which I'd expect them to hold to with the hammer they're taking to Lockdown.

Looks pretty good for the most part, however the new Mercy-opening effect on impact isn't really worth much if the threshold stays at 5% - If anything it's just going to be annoying, because you'll see the red icon flash above an enemy a tenth of a second before killing them in some other way even more frequently than usual. The simplest fix would be to have impact increase the threshold rather than the odds of a Mercy happening, but a better solution might be to give enemies an automatic long stagger and matching invulnerability window when they get opened up, giving us time to notice the opening and stop shooting if we want to take advantage of it.

Grendel exponential energy drain on his 1st ability which is the pillar that fuels his entire kit, needs to go.

at max eff there should be a hard cap on the consumption, not that after 2 mins you're running dry...wtf

same as ember's 2nd, insane drain at 175 eff to keep a 90% DR when all other frames with DR abilities are just cast and forget..

Wake the hell up DE for christs sake

2 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

Paracesis exists. Upgraded amps exist. Umbra exists. Sacrificial melee mods exist. Sheer, massive raw damage exists.

They killed the CC. The part of it people actually wanted to use. So now the only viable Magus left is Repair until they nerf that to because it puts the 3 Trinity main players out of a job.

I have no problem killing them, it was just a great utility. For instance doing anomalies, when your team rushes off and forgets to kill a few it was helpful to eat them up and then catch up with the team and barf them out so you can kill them as a team. Or just suck up one or two of them so you can focus on the rest. Its a little bullS#&$ that they're making the ability worthless for an entire faction, a faction that all the upcoming content is centered around. 😞

2 minutes ago, HPetch said:

Looks pretty good for the most part, however the new Mercy-opening effect on impact isn't really worth much if the threshold stays at 5% - If anything it's just going to be annoying, because you'll see the red icon flash above an enemy a tenth of a second before killing them in some other way even more frequently than usual. The simplest fix would be to have impact increase the threshold rather than the odds of a Mercy happening, but a better solution might be to give enemies an automatic long stagger and matching invulnerability window when they get opened up, giving us time to notice the opening and stop shooting if we want to take advantage of it.

Frankly, ANYTHING that makes enemies prone should instantly reward Parazon Finishers.

It's literally a glory-kill option that will never be used outside of Kuva Lich hunting.

If we're gonna have ripped off LOTR and Doom mechanics may as well go the full mile.

2 minutes ago, AnFangs said:

Yeah, saw Bear's edit after I submitted my post. Ten's not as utterly useless as the two they initially presented it as, but it's still a pretty massive nerf compared to what it's currently capable of. Also not sure where you're pulling that twenty number from, you can't stack arcanes anymore, and even if you could, the wording is ten per player, not per arcane, which I'd expect them to hold to with the hammer they're taking to Lockdown.

You misunderstand how Lockdown works. Each mine you put down has a target cap. Esentially each one can hold up to 10 enemies in place and we will be capped to 2 mines. 2*10=20

Just now, xRufus7x said:

You misunderstand how Lockdown works. Each mine you put down has a target cap. Esentially each one can hold up to 10 enemies in place and we will be capped to 2 mines. 2*10=20

You misunderstand how "per player" works. The nerf is too heavy handed.

Just now, xRufus7x said:

I stand corrected. Twenty does seem more reasonable.

Titania's passive makes her a healer (in a sense)? Interesting...

But I doubt it'll get used very much, or at all, given that vertical range scales differently compared to horizontal range. For example, Mesa's 4 has a fixed 50m range, right? It means Mesa can shoot at anything within 50m horizontally, but not say 50m above her (try it against that Corpus dropship during Ambulas or something if you get the chance). Whatever range Titania's passive is will probably have a similar effect as there's a good chance Titania will not be at ground level while in Razorwing and probably too far from anyone else for them to benefit. Also while in Razorwing Titania rarely gets hit to begin with (especially if you manage to be at a height so high that the enemies cannot shoot at you), so she very likely will not need the heal.

Moreover, probably the only time Titania's skills ever get cast is if Titania is (re)entering Razorwing, or is using Razorwing Blitz. Or if you're weird like me and tried to build Titania for CC (which... was very interesting).

I'll still take it, but again I don't think that passive will ever see much use. The blink is nice, though.

A bit disappointed in the change to Magus Lockdown, but I think some of us knew it was a matter of when, not if.

3 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

You misunderstand how "per player" works. The nerf is too heavy handed.

"The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). "

Quoted from Bear.

As I said 2*10=20

3 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

"The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). "

Quoted from Bear.

As I said 2*10=20

Congratulations They're tethered for 2 seconds (6 but semantics). The time it takes for you (if you're not the host) to resume activity in your warframe after pooping a tether in kiddo mode.

How much have you accomplished by doing this?

I was on a "focus on other games and wait how this shakes out" break and these mostly sound like the "harshly kneecap the useful thing without improving the stuff nobody uses for a very good reason" half steps that never seem to get their actual follow-up. Not particularly thrilled with the methodology.

Hopefully it's just a presentation/communication problem.

1 minute ago, -TSA-coimos said:

outstanding, marvelous work, with every update i like the game less.

Please keep nerfing the tools who work and try to convince yourself and others you do it for more variety.

Keep in mind the grand total of staff who play the game actively is 2. Out of +300 people. Those two only do it because it's part of their job, and their job ain't balancing or bug testing.

Archived