Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

6 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

Congratulations They're tethered for 2 seconds. The exact time it takes for you to resume activity in your warframe after pooping a tether in kiddo mode.

How much have you accomplished by doing this?

Given the 15 meter range and the actual duration of 4 seconds, I have locked down an area with hard CC. with enough time to switch back into my frame or for one of my teammates to address the situation. Anyone that uses Lockdown for CC knows that this will barely impact it and that it will still see widespread use.

DE, could you revise the achievements problem? They are a lot of achievements that are not working on STEAM, for example I´m MR27 and on steam I dont have the 'forma a weapon/warframe' achievement, while I formaed like more than 100 weapons/ warframes.

The achievements needs a sync in-game with STEAM.

Thank you!

@[DE]Bear

3 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Given the 15 meter range and the actual duration of 4 seconds, I have locked down an area with hard CC. with enough time to switch back into my frame or for one of my teammates to address the situation. Anyone that uses Lockdown for CC knows that this will barely impact it and that it will still see widespread use.

If you're in a team there wouldn't be a situation to begin with.

What did you accomplish, exactly?

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

Because impact procs do not couse an AoE CC effect. If you shoot with a Gorgon at a dude, only that dude falls over. The old Blast had an AoE, this is history now.

Aaaaah I understand. Just have Blast be a single-target effect. I would like that better than the current effect at least.

On 2020-03-20 at 2:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time

I'm sorry to say, but this statement holds no water considering every single major update in the last 15 months (and more) has had later updates that disrespect player's time. The Foundry changes are welcome, but that choice of words has absolutely no credibility considering the track record of the development cycle chosen for years now.

Let's see how that statement holds in 2 weeks in Riven Disposition changes too....

46 минут назад, xRufus7x сказал:

It is still going to be able to instantly stop up to 20 enemies at a time. That is hardly useless.

Have to disagree with you here - you can get multiple tethers on one enemy from different mines. 

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I'm sorry to say, but this statement holds no water considering every single major update in the last 15 months (and more) has had later updates that disrespect player's time. The Foundry changes are welcome, but that choice of words has absolutely no credibility considering the track record of the development cycle chosen for years now.

A 1 hour difference is so pitifully small it will end up not even mattering.

Cut it down to 12 hours will let DE keep their horrendous arbitrary forced wait-timer on the most valuable resource in the game they've made us require over 100 of in the last 4 months. And it's short enough everybody can grab it easily enough without heckling themselves for time to do so. Literally everybody wins.

But nope. Can't do that.

8 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

If you're in a team there wouldn't be a situation to begin with.

That isn't remotely true. Teams can be overwhelmed, objectives can take surprise damage, teammates can get downed.

10 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

What did you accomplish, exactly?

Hard CC in a 30 meter radius for up to 20 targets, some of which are immune to other forms of cc.

Changed to Magus Lockdown are just too stupid imo, DE is always going the WRONG way in regards of balance, instead of buffing the horrible arcanes (which are 90%) of the ones available from Fortuna and Cetus, they nerf the only viable ones.

Magus lockdown is perfectly balanced because it is limited by the operator energy, if said player wanted to really SPAM it, s/he would be needing to invest resources into energy pizzas, which is already a balancing factor.

Please DE, stop with this horrible mentality regarding balancing, butchering a certain mechanic/weapon because it's the "meta" isnt gonna get you anywhere good, you always miss the point WHY it's the meta, because other options arent even remotely close to being useful or offering something worth looking at or even using.

2 hours ago, kyori said:

Looking forward to see more players using her now, just like how they use Wukong for speeding to extraction point first to collect the 1k plat from DE while waiting there for other players to complete the objectives for them lol

Lol right

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:
In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

That is an excellent change. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it's a shame it's taken you this many years to make a much-requested change that requires nothing but tweaking a single number, literally just a few keystrokes. I hope you will likewise move forward with the many other no-brainer QoL improvements and changes the players have been requesting for half a decade (such as, to name just one, univac).

1 minute ago, xRufus7x said:

That isn't remotely true. Teams can be overwhelmed, objectives can take surprise damage, teammates can get downed.

Hard CC in a 30 meter radius for up to 20 targets, some of which are immune to other forms of cc.

Lol imagine playing with the 90 percentile.

2 hours ago, Basilisk1991 said:

From my understanding that was going to include a rework for Sunika Kubrows along with head/tail variants for Kubrows and the addition of Genetic traits for Kavats/Kubrows so they're probably still working on all of that and trying to get it out as one big package.

He said (sheldon I believe) "next month" and it was one of the last days of February. 

4 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

Lol imagine playing with the 90 percentile.

You seem unhappy with the game, which I can understand, and are voicing your criticism, which I can also understand

But from some of the comments you wrote, I see you venting, rather than constructing feedback.

Wow. Talk about salty. So much for feedback being "civil and constructive".

Magus Lockdown is not "useless" as CC. It's limited in area now. Consider: it's an effectively free ability that you can access from any warframe in practically any situation without putting any time or effort into improving your Operator. It never should have been as good as it was at CC, and it shouldn't have had damage. Yes 2 nodes per player is too low but I don't know which is more extreme: the nerf overcorrection or the feedback overreaction.

so...                                                                                                                             what's with the finger?

"Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies."

Can we get some clarification on the wording here? This can be interpreted in two ways:

Magus Lockdown still does damage, but only when the very last mine holding an enemy expires.

OR

Magus Lockdown no longer does damage.

Il y a 3 heures, [DE]Bear a dit :

Hey Tenno,

Scarlet Spear is still in the works, but as a continuation of our Revision passes, we wanted to share with you some more tweaks we’ve been working on. In this post, we are looking to continue our previous update of Warframe Revised, with these additional changes:

1. Impact Damage
  2. Gas Damage
  3. Status Chance Mods
  4. Kuva Liches
  5. Foundry Crafting Times
  6. Magus Lockdown Arcanes
  7. Grendel Changes
  8. Titania Changes
  9. Rakta Dark Dagger
  10. Scarlet Spear ETA

1. Impact Damage:
Impact damage will now have an accumulating effect that can stack on enemies, leading to a large stagger and additional chance to have a Parazon Finisher animation available. In brief, these changes are:

• Each stack of Impact Status creates a slightly bigger stagger effect until a heavy stagger occurs at 5 stacks.
  • Each stack of Impact Status increases the chance of a Parazon Finisher move by 10%, available when the enemy falls below the required health threshold.

Why: 
We mentioned this on the Devstream, but we wanted to write out the plans here on what we’re changing based on feedback. Ragdolls and Knockdowns were not a status effect our players enjoyed! 

2. Gas Damage:
Gas damage has been reworked to have a radius stacking effect with a focus on how it continues to work after the death of an enemy who is affected by it. In short, this means the following changes have been made:

• Gas Effects will continue to cause damage-over-time to targets even after the original target dies.
  • Gas Status Area-of-Effect radius increases with the number of stacks, to a max of 10 stacks.
  • Gas damage resistance has been removed from Toxic Ancient Auras. 

Why: 
There has been a lot of feedback over Gas damage, and how it seemed lacking in comparison to other Status effects. This change will hopefully give Gas a bit more viability, and make it react in a way that is thematically appropriate.

3. Status Chance Mods:
With all the changes to Status effects, we have made a broad increase to Status Chance mods, increasing them dramatically. There are a few other mods that required a buff, however. The exact numbers can be found below:

• Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
  • Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%. In addition, this buff has been changed from an additive chance to a multiplicative chance.
  • Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.

Why: 
As we stated before in previous Warframe Revised posts, Status Chance got a buff when changes were made to how Status stacks are delivered. This is simply covering a few more Mods to bring them in line with the new balance

4. Kuva Lich Changes:
Based on feedback with the recent overhaul to Status Effects in Warframe Revised 27.2.0, the conversation of how Status Effects should react with Bosses or VIPS has started. Our first step down this road is starting with Kuva Liches. Currently, there are two special rules to this “Boss Status enabling”:

• No Status Effect will exceed a maximum of 4 stacks, with the exception of Impact which can stack up to 6 times. There is a cooldown on status for Liches, however, to prevent stun-locking them in place and removing the challenge with Status Weapons.
  • Radiation does not change the enemy’s Faction, and instead of increasing Damage done to enemies with stacks, it increases the Damage taken from enemies who have turned on them.

Why:
Kuva Liches are tough, but that toughness was limited to their immunities and level of health. This change will let the individual builds of a player have more meaning when fighting a Lich, while still keeping them challenging. Pending feedback, this change will also be applied to other bosses in Warframe.

We look forward to your constructive feedback and we work towards applying this to other Bosses/VIPS.

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:
In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

Why: 
When building Forma or another similar item, having a 24-hour limit meant that players who signed on at a regular time would see some delays in when an item was ready. We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time, and by making it 23 hours, they can grab their completed item and start another build without upsetting their routine. P.S don’t forget about the Mobile app! 

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

Why:
Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.

7. Grendel Changes:
Grendel has been out in the wild for some time now, and with the player feedback, we have made the following changes to the hungriest Warframe:

• Grendel’s Nourish now mimics Titania’s Tribute buff selector. If you’re unfamiliar with Titania’s Tribute buff selector, you can tap the Ability to select a different buff, then hold the Ability to cast the selected effect.
  • When consumed by Grendel, Sentients now have a max duration they can be consumed before popping out, on a timer that is affected by diminishing returns. This change was made to prevent Grendel from stopping mission progression where all Sentients must be exterminated for the mission to succeed.
  • Grendel can now consume Grenades, because why not add a bit of spicy seasoning to your meal?

Why:
This change was to make power selection more consistent with other Warframes, as well as reduce the potential for exploiting missions with sentient threats by either removing them from play or locking down the mission. As for eating grenades? Well, why not? He’s a hungry boy.

8. Titania Changes & Fixes:
Titania has seen a few changes in recent history, but there were a couple of additional quality-of-life modifications we wanted to make to bring her in line with other similar systems:

• Titania has a new Passive: Titania generates Health for herself and nearby Allies every time she casts an Ability. NOTE: The personal Titania Parkour Boost is staying, just the communal Trampoline isn't.
  • Titania can now use Blink while in her Razorwing ability.
  • We fixed an issue where casting Razorwing while in a specific Simarlacrum situation would result in a white screen.

Why:
Since Titania uses the same systems as Archwing in her Razorwing form, we wanted her abilities to match with what players are used to. The new Passive Ability was a replacement that we felt would make her more enticing to play, while also thematic.

9. Rakta Dark Dagger
The passive bonus which grants Shields when attacking an enemy afflicted with the Radiation Status has been tweaked to work with Shield Gating. Now the bonus will only apply if you have shields active.

Why:
This is a balance pass after shield gating was introduced. With the new system, shields would tick in, defeating the new delay set by the Shield gate. This change simply makes sure you are getting the same buffs without abusing the new Shield system.

10. Scarlet

No Just No about Magus Lockdown nerf.  That was the first time operator felt powerful and it was a nice tool for longer runs . Sure it was powerful as hell but now i guess it is time to get back to a useless operator

You are also killing its CC aspect even more.  People are playing CC less and less and You are Killing another tool That CC.  Do your team want to accentuate the dmg meta more and more.?  I

2 seconds....with lag the time you take to get in the wf could be that. Are the team really playing the game

f you remove both the CC and dmg why even use the Arcane at that point . You dont triple nerf something the same patch. That is balance 101. Your team always tend to do that. 

So choose between dmg OR CC  removed. . Not both at the same time. That is just dumb

I just dont get why your team is always nerfing and not letting People feel powerful and have fun. I guess the only answer is that the team dont like when People play to a too high speed so they burn through the content. .

Rest of the changes are great

Will this be adressed tho?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1173354-new-aoe-mechanic-interaction-with-eidolon-hitbox/

Eidolons are getting harder and harder with changes to frames are other systems in game, with arcanes in more demand it wont be a healthy state of the game to keep them as hard as they are now and also not adressing some changed mechanics that killed builds, some by not adressed bugs, some by mechanics that the build relied on getting cut.

Archived