Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!

SilverBones

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:
In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

Why: 
When building Forma or another similar item, having a 24-hour limit meant that players who signed on at a regular time would see some delays in when an item was ready. We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time, and by making it 23 hours, they can grab their completed item and start another build without upsetting their routine. P.S don’t forget about the Mobile app! 

Would pretty much prefer to have these crafting times to at least be reduced to 12 hours, mainly talking about forma. I don't want to have to download an app on my phone just to monitor build times to keep up with the massive amount of forma sinks on weapons warframes, aura forma, umbra forma, I still don't know why you think the stance forma was a good idea and it costs 5 forma too for a slot that usually has the polarity for all the good stances. Like wtf?

36 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD UP new titania passive? am i keeping my mobility? i quite like the extra distance she covers with her bullet jumping

I support keeping the trampoline, but as a passive that does 0 in her special mode its real situational hope they didnt just cut it when so many frames have multi layered passives.

22 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

This nerf was expected honestly. It made the frame completely invulnerable.

You're not wrong about the nerf, but it definitely didn't make you completely invulnerable as you needed to keep attacking. If you got CCed deep into an endless (when it was most useful) you'd die.

17 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Lockdown's CC has a small-ish radius, it has a max enemy count per cast.

Ok, but you could spam it.  Totally a brain-dead mechanic. Sorry. I'm glad DE is getting rid of unbalanced garbage. Very encouraging for the game's future.

26 minutes ago, rstripn said:

I'm honestly confused. How would this not be an AoE CC?

Because impact procs do not couse an AoE CC effect. If you shoot with a Gorgon at a dude, only that dude falls over. The old Blast had an AoE, this is history now.

3 hours ago, DhatZ said:

I support keeping the trampoline, but as a passive that does 0 in her special mode its real situational hope they didnt just cut it when so many frames have multi layered passives.

i am almost certain it is just cut out and will no longer be in her kit. that will annoy me but i will just have to use razorwing more i guess.. i liked to pop out of it to travel while refilling my energy in between fights. i agree though it was useless with her 4 and you mostly use her in razorwing form for combat. getting an addition of the health regen with abilities would be nice instead of a removal of part of her kit.

Guess they edited it again, its staying 😄 screw squadmembers i guess! i still get my personal boost!

To add some clarification on Magus Lockdown tethers, I have edited in the following:

• The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.

Why:
Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.

So the solution was to make it useless for both damage AND crowd control? That's a poorly reasoned double-nerf for such a high investment arcane. Sure, it was overpowered how it killed so well, that getting nerfed was inevitable and frankly overdue, and I don't know why Lockdown as a crowd control arcane was even given damage in the first place, but gutting its ability to crowd control because of how well it killed, after removing its ability to kill, is this supposed to be some nerf-based non sequitur?

It'd be nice to not have a kneejerk nerf that makes it useless for years until someone decides to give it some entirely new effect as part of an effort to make a bunch of useless unused arcanes more appealing. As long as the damage is removed, immediately nerfing it even further so it's not useful for crowd control either just makes it useless.

There's a whole range between overpowered and useless, and there are more options than jumping from one extreme to the other like this.

Bummed about about lockdown being gutted by that much, especially after doing tedious vallis stuff to grind those 11 arcanes needed for r5.

Grendel sadly still in space storage, until his ridiculous energy issues are adressed and abilities made useful.

Gas better but still not good. I couldnt give less of a damn about Infested damage bonus, with little hp and no armour they die to any damage type. Meanwhile, with gas(toxin) not going through shields and armour not being 100% removed anymore, with their negative damage on every single damned non-robotic corpus nerfed by 25%,  instead of +50% the old toxin procs did, - 50% (HALF DAMAGE) on EVERY grineer unit thats not a roller, alongside the effetive armour increase makes this tickle grineer.
Gas numbers couldve worked before due to how it applied toxin instead, but you really need to tweak those gas damage to unit healt type numbers to make it actually decent.

Impact: This is a joke. The stagger is mediocre, and getting up to a 50% bonus chance that a 5% health left enemy can be Parazon stabbed is useless.

Gas: Will need to play around with. Still a bit skeptical of this since Gas is a terrible damage type, but maybe the better AoE range helps bring it back into not being detrimental to mod for.

Lich/boss changes: The cooldown seems problematic for applying status for the normal purpose (such as stripping armor or increasing health damage taken). Also, Radiation is still a joke because enemy damage is several orders of magnitude below enemy health; the Lich taking .05% of their health a shot instead of .02% changes nothing.

Magus Lockdown: It looks like the damage is being removed entirely, so I question why the Golden Maw bit is mentioned. I also question how anyone at DE didn't look at "deal 60% enemy max hp as Puncture damage" and not expect that would be a game warping Arcane for high end players. Just slapping 2 of these on the Operator meant Infested instantly died, Corpus took a giant chunk of damage (and died on the 2nd dash), and Grineer took no damage unless armor stripped (in which case they instantly died). Did nobody speak up that an easy way for Operator to deal 120% enemy max hp as damage might be broken? It seems pretty obvious.

6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tether Mines is now limited to 2 per player (with 10 Tethers a piece at rank 5). This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first Tether Mine will stop, and the new Tether Mine will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

If you're destroying the damage component, can we at least have the CC component buffed in return? With how laggy Transference is for Clients, it's not going to do much good with a 2-mine limit and a pitiful duration. 

Please just leave lockdown alone. It's damage is already pretty pitiful and slow. If people used that to clear sanctuary onslaught let them enjoy their pathetic scores. A single nuke frame is going to match four people with lockdown. Why is this even a thing? Why are we even here talking about it? Is it really so hard to let our operators have powers? 

Its so frustrating! I just barely got my lockdown REMAXED, cause yes you made me do that THIS month. -_- and now you are telling me to eat a D and my time and effort is wasted on this game. 

Instead of nerfing everything we actually use, why not look at a focus school rebalance. Some mechanic where we got to mix and match abilites? Right now zenurik is almost the only choice cause there is no passive energy regen. Why not put a waybound in there that replaces energizing dash. Oh what FREEDOM that would give us! What a joyous incentive to use the other focus schools. 

Another thought is why not have a focus tree. Where we mix and match which abilites we have turned on and off. It is about time for a focus rebalance with the new war coming. Why not have our operators up their weapons and add new abilites just like the enemy has. I mean, focus schools are for those who have not graduated. Why not let us turn on which abilites we want, with limits of course, no stacking dashes etc.  

I think you will find the focus schools insanely misbalanced between each other. It would be work and take time, but you guys can totally do it. 

Amusing that this is coming a couple weeks after doubling the amount of arcanes you need to hit max, guess the rep I burned on remaxing lockdown was a waste. it's been said a lot of times already, but I'm genuinely baffled by the immediate jump to the two-fold nerf here. It really doesn't seem worth just trying one thing at a time?? 'lockdown' should never have dealt damage, honestly. It was talked a lot about when it came out, about how CLEARLY absurd that was. How did it take this long to decide something needed to be... Hm. Because now the time-wasting incentive to replace it is way more tedious, since any other arcane people would try instead needs 21 copies. Of course.

unfortunately i still can't think of even a single one i would bother to acquire!

10 minutes ago, AnFangs said:

So the solution was to make it useless for both damage AND crowd control?

It is still going to be able to instantly stop up to 20 enemies at a time. That is hardly useless.

6 minutes ago, Arsonistic said:

Sooo, a nerf in other words? 90% of 16.2% is ~15%, old bonus was 20%.

This is covered earlier in the thread,

No, since you still have to consider the multishot in the additive equation. 

Before the Sobek with Shattering Justice had 20.2% Status / Projectile (16.2% + (20% / 5 (Base Multishot))
After the Sobek with Shattering Justice will have 30.8% Status / Projectile.

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

No, since you still have to consider the multishot in the additive equation. 

Before the Sobek with Shattering Justice had 20.2% Status / Projectile (16.2% + (20% / 5 (Base Multishot))
After the Sobek with Shattering Justice will have 30.8% Status / Projectile.

That's still a nerf to the mod itself. Considering the fact every shotgun reliant on any semblance of status procs to perform well has been absolutely gutted into unviability.

If you wanted to buff it proper, raise additive to +40%. A 10% increase to proc on an already substantially low chance per pellet to begin with is not great. Most of the old status shotties are only hitting 1, MAYBE 2 status procs per shot now. Alternatively.... just buff the base SC of the shotguns that got gutted by the Status change. 10% increase still doesn't make it viable for use unless you're just blowing away lower level enemies with raw damage alone. Almost every status heavy shotgun is as bad as the Stug now outside of the sheer raw damage they unload. Even then, that's not much.

We got 1 decent quality of life change and 3 turds here amongst everything listed. This is gonna be the exact opposite of "Year of Quality" if everybody at DE is gonna be this shy about buffing things.

6 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Instead of nerfing the (probably) only good Arcane Fortuna had to deliver, perhaps you could buff the others to actually be worth the standing points, what about that?

They will buff the other arcanes eventually, when arcanes are able to reach rank 10 they will buff them so that at rank 10 they are 1.5x stronger than the current ones at rank 5

6 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:

• Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
  • The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first tether will stop, and the new tether will take its place.
  • Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.

Why:
Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.

If the damage is an issue, why are the tethers being reduced aswell?

The goal of lockdown is to mainly lock enemies in place, like demolysts, it's an "oh S#&$, let's CC these enemies", limiting it to 2 is anoying but will not make player change to other arcanes, you're doing the exact same mistake as the changes to catchmoon, nerfing things slowly until things are unusable, it's also good to remember that you guys set up arcane rarities, if something is usefull, it's rarer or costs more, so you're destroying the investment players placed on the arcanes, they grinded more for a reason.

I'm not concerned over the damage removal or the tethers being for 2 mines only, the problem is players will not change to other arcanes and since (as usual) someone at DE hates unbalanced distribution graphs, the next time a change happens (because there will be one), the arcane will enter into the "useless category", and you'll give some silly excuse such as "tethering enemies doesn't really fit with our vision of the game, so we had to make changes because players were abusing it in x,y and z situations"

We have arcanes to use them and we will, isn't that something you guys enjoy? For players to use a feature of the game?

I understand you're trying to avoid things like this, but maybe removing all damage and mine limitation isn't the way to go, because next time you will need to nerf it harder and since you can't nerf the damage, it will be the utility.

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Scarlet Spear is indeed launching next week on PC! Consoles soon! 

The video about it makes it seem like you need two full squads. Is this going to have matchmaking or do you need organized groups?

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Wish you had done this in the same patch where you more than doubled the cost of maxing them all. A lot of us probably went and re-maxed the one we were using just weeks before you nerfed it into the ground. 

Archived