Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

5 hours ago, thr337even said:
  • TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: lost loot
  • VISUAL

• REPRODUCTION: Unknown
  • EXPECTED RESULT:  Last night while playing scarlet spear i got a shedu handle and a shedu barrel.  i had to abort mission after 30 minutes waiting for kill codes and getting 2 kill codes after the barrel dropped and had a mission failure after handle drop.  i checked my inventory after the mission failure and had the handle.  when i checked my blueprint in the morning neither item showed up, i checked inventory and both are missing
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: unknown

If you abort before mission completion or fail it the only thing you get is the affinity/experience you earned by that point. No resources, mods, blueprints or credits are rewarded. The only bug is the BP appearing in your inventory, which shouldn't happen to begin with.

On 2020-03-23 at 12:06 PM, [DE]Bear said:
  • TYPE: Launcher
  • DESCRIPTION: Trying to launch the game
  • REPRODUCTION: Try and Launch the game
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The game launching
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The game did not launch
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I tried launching the game seven times, restarted my computer twice, restarted steam each time, could not verify game files. 

• TYPE: In-game?
  • DESCRIPTION: Melee damage increase (Steel Charge/Arcane Fury), decreases Redeemer Prime - Heavy Attack(or maybe all?) damage against Condrix
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION:
  • EXPECTED RESULT:
  • OBSERVED RESULT: -
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Works every time

Was wrong => Damage difference caused by not being the host

Host: https://gfycat.com/differentidealbaiji

Non-host: https://gfycat.com/impishfalsechick

Edited by Thelamaking
Was wrong.

13 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

After a host migration I left and hosted my own mission in the same flotilla and it put me in the ship of the guy I had been in a group with before rather than using my own ship. 

only way to get you own ship back atm is by leaving the relay and try to rejoin it (good luck with that though with all this randomness in the relay you really get into, regardless of what you choose - most of the time). if you still don't get the correct jack back then, you'll have to load up the ships config i your dry dock, that always help with the problem for me.

• TYPE: Scarlet-Credit Reward
  • DESCRIPTION: I did 5x17 Condrix and got 11475 points, 100/100 Murex got sent away. But what did i get? The Tier 3 emblem and thats it. No bonus, which would be huge. It's not the first time that i didn't get the reward i was supposed to get. Last time i got 2000 instead of 6000. That's already really not okay. But now i lost 10000 Credits to this. I'm done. I grinded 3 hours for that bonus. Seriously, i expect you (DE) now to give me the credits i played this missions for. Everything else would be incredibly unfair and frustrating.
  • VISUAL: Proof for my points: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-13a84c-1585355940.jpg.html
  • VISUAL: The message without any credits: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-a63b3d-1585356086.jpg.html
  • REPRODUCTION: Just play the event, seems to happen almost everytime 🙂
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The maximum Credit-Bonus
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No bonus at all
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It's my 3rd bonus (or should have been), 2 of them were wrong. So 66,6%.
  • Like 1

• TYPE: NOT able to launch the game
  • DESCRIPTION When I start up the game it crashes itself and redirects me to "hardwarefail link"
  • REPRODUCTION: When "play" button is clicked
  • EXPECTED RESULT:To launch the game
  • OBSERVED RESULT: To launch the game
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Since yesterday

/sigh

So I had done 2 runs already (edit: technically I had done 2 and part of one since I had done a partial one with me as host at the start then joined a random group with someone else hosting) and needed one more to cap. Started another game with the random squad I was already in, I wasn't host. My UI was bugged the entire time to never show objectives. I thought it was just a visual bug so I did the entire mission 5/5 with them anyway. I could drop my link and participate, but I never saw any code progress or anything like where objectives are usually shown on the UI. Mission ends, I get out, my score on the scoreboard was not changed at all. I did not get any additional points. I basically wasted my time in the last 5/5 mission as it did not count towards my score at all. I was ahead of the other people in my squad before the mission and behind them in score after it was over. That Flotilla was also at 100/100 after we got out and it mailed me my bonus which was only 6970. 

These were all in space missions, have no idea what caused it or how you could reproduce it. 

Edited by Borg1611

• TYPE: Railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: Railjack ship name change without me doing it
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
  • REPRODUCTION: Was in Scarlet spear relay, looked out window to see my railjack but without my ships name on it. (Did activate the customize railjack terminal in the relay but wasn't paying attention to if the name changed before or after that)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: My ship to not change its name to other peoples names
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Ship was changed from N.R.V. Gloryhammer to No Seatbelts
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Just this once, changed name back will see if it happens again. 

• TYPE: In-Game, Scarlet Spear
  • DESCRIPTION: During Murex Raid, when a Splintrix hits the Railjack, it and its Anu Sentients appear in the wall of the ship (out of bounds) rather than within the ships interior. As a result, players cannot damage the Anu boarders without AOE or punch through, but the Anu Sentients can shoot us, as apparantely there's no collision mesh on the opposite side of the Railjack's walls.
  • VISUAL: Me attacking an Anu Sentient in my Railjack's wall:xs2zlR9.jpg[/img]
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown. Seems to be a new bug with 27.3.5
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Splintrix entry point and Anu Sentients spawn within the Railjack's interior when a Splintrix hits the Railjack.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Splintrix entry point and Anu Sentients are spawning out of bounds in the Railjack's walls.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Started happening halfway through the mission. I was the host.

Basmu Bugged

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Frequently the Basmu's stagger/life drain effect isn't activating. This didn't occur until the hotfix today.
  • REPRODUCTION: Just try to use the alt fire at all and use the main fire while moving near a crowd of enemies. After it works several times, it will frequently stop triggering.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have gotten my stagger and life drain effect every time.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The reload time and animation occurred, but without the stagger and life drain.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: When the alt fire is used, it never triggers. When the main fire is used, it commonly will. It seems like the more enemies and/or allies are in the area, the lower chance it will work. Once it stops working, moving some distance away seems to reset it.
  • Like 1

Hello DE,

I'm facing with some clan mates an issue in which we are not getting the points and credits as reward for participating in Scarlet Spear.

Please find the details below:

• DESCRIPTION: Join a Scalert Spear Space or Ground mission as member of a premade group, but not as the host. Perform the mission and go to extraction/travel back to the flotilla after succesfully accomplishing a certain number of objectives. The scoreboard will not reflect the points gained, and the mission reward will not include the Scarlet Credits. The host of the team will have received the points and credits.
    For space mission specifically, there seems to be a pattern in which a massive lag/freeze occurs at the begining of the mission. This occurs between the moment the players are loaded inside the Railjack of the team Host, and when the mission is finished loading and the first enemies are spawned.
    Another striking point is the absence of the mission specifics in the UI while doing the mission. In Space missions, the Setellite Health will not be displayed, the Op Link health (when deployed) is not displayed, the count for kill code received is not displayed either.
    We are able to deploy our Op Link to participate, and the host will see the Efficiency (25% - 50% - 75% - 100%) for receiving kill code change accordingly to the number of Op Link deployed.
    (Update 1)When the issue occurs, the "Skirmish Completed" popup reward indicator will show empty instead of showing the Scarlet Spear Credit reward.
    If such event(s) occur, then at the end of the mission, team members who experienced these lag/issues will not receive the Scarlet Spear points and credits.
  • VISUAL: Apologies, none available. Will update when this happens again.
  • REPRODUCTION: Join Scarlet Spear Space/Earth mission as part of a premade group (Doesn't have to be a full group, so far happened in groups of 3 and 4). Whilst not being the host. Do the mission (kill 3+ Condrix, or 1+ Murex) and go to extraction point or use Railjack navigation to return to Scarlet Spear.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: After completing the mission, should received X amount of points and Credits. (Based on number of succesful objectives)
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Obtained Affinity(XP) and loot (such as mods, ressources, etc.), but Scarlet points are not accounted for, and did not received Scarlet Credits.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens at least once per Scarlet Spear instance lifespan.

Additional Details:

I have been running Scarlet Spears mission with my clan, and always did all the missions which my clan leader did. We were always grouped together for each Scarlet Spear mission we did. My Clan leader was always the host of the team (His railjack being the most well equiped amongts the guild members). He never had the issue described above, while several of our clan members who participated in the missions had it. (myself included)

The issue appears to be some kind of desynchronisation between the members of a group and the host. This sync issue seems to be only relevant to the specifics of the Scarlet Spear event. As the affected team member still get Affinity(XP), mods, ressources from the mission. But none of the rewards which are specific to the Scalert Spear (Points and Credits).

This issue occurs on both Space and Ground mission, even thought I have observed this issue more oftenly in Space missions than on earth missions.

The most obvious indicator this issue occured are:

- A massive lag/freez of the game, including sound cut for several seconds (3-10 seconds) at the begining of the mission (between arriving on the railjack and the first enemy spawning)

- The mission details will be missing from the UI. Such as the Op Link health when deployed, the count of kill code received to successfully push back the Murex (in Space mission), or even the Health of the Satellite to protect to be able to board a Murex.

- Flotilla instance scoreboard does not update with the amount of points gained in the last Scarlet Spear mission

- The total amount of Scarlet Spear credits did not increase.

- Badge is not displayed above the Warframe (in the event a total of >1.000 points is made, a badge should be displayed)

- If the instance reach the 100/100 kill, the reward obtained by in game email will not reflect the players contribution

[Update 2]

After having the usual lag, with sound cut, which is a strong indicator this sync issue is occuring. I managed to "solve" the issue by "Alt + F4" the game client, relaunching the game and being invited in the team by the host again.

Doing this, none of the issues described above occured, and full reward was received upon completion of the mission.

Hope this will help in solving this (rather severely frustrating) issue.

Cheers,

Halone

Edited by Halone
  • Like 1

TYPE In-quest (Murex)
DESCRIPTION Exact cause unknown. Spent nearly 2 hours in mission, from 33 Murex already driven off until the entire fleet was driven off. We only received 6 Codes, despite the fact there were 9 Ground Squads and 4 Space Squads at the time I joined SolarDwagon's squad. After over an hour we discovered that the boarding parties were spawning into the Railjack walls, and were almost impossible to fight. After the fleet was vanquished and we were trying to figure out what to do we decided to let our oplinks be destroyed. We forgot to bring our specters back from the Murex with us. Attempting to go bring them back so that the sentients could finally destroy the oplinks resulted in us falling outside the map when we attempted to exit the Railjack to board the Murex again.
VISUAL 3 images - 1 when we first suspected something had gone wrong, 1 when we discovered that boarding parties were bugged and 1 after the Fleet was driven off showing our mission results and time.
1: https://imgur.com/m1R7eGS  (half way through the mission)
2: https://imgur.com/nJTGopO (and now the boarding party sentients are spawning inside the ship walls without their drop-pod breaching the walls - they can still disable the ship systems and damage things but it's nearly impossible to kill them when they're mostly on the far side of geometry) https://imgur.com/nJTGopO https://imgur.com/nJTGopO https://imgur.com/nJTGopO https://imgur.com/nJTGopO https://imgur.com/nJTGopO https://imgur.com/nJTGopO https://imgur.com/nJTGopO

3: https://imgur.com/37QMqu6 (we realized the fleet was driven off. while discussing who quits out first I wanted to record the Shedu pieces we'd gotten, cause Shedu pieces! And 87 intrinsics for someone who never used the Ivara intrinsic farming exploit)https://imgur.com/37QMqu6 https://imgur.com/37QMqu6

REPRODUCTION Not sure. One time only so far.
EXPECTED RESULT We probably should have received more codes.

OBSERVED RESULT We fought for almost 2 hours, and only received 6 codes (1 of which was received only AFTER the fleet was successfully driven off)
REPRODUCTION RATE I hope I cannot reproduce it ever.

Squad: ArndisAsgeir, SolarDwagon, FNaFcat and Aeterias. I'd appreciate it if we could actually keep the Shedu parts that dropped and the intrinsics earned.

On 2020-03-24 at 6:02 PM, thesensai said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Titania's Razorwing melee attack no longer hones in on enemies
  • REPRODUCTION: While in Titania's Razorwing mode, melee attacking with an enemy nearby does not move Titania toward enemy, as was the case pre-update.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Titania's Razorwing melee attack should hone in on a nearby enemy on-screen
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Titania doesn't move toward enemy during melee attack at all, rendering the melee attack almost unusable
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every melee attack in Razorwing form

i can also confirm,  Titania's Razorwing melee attack no longer hones in on enemies

• DESCRIPTION: No kill code received
  • REPRODUCTION: Join random murex raid
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Kill code from ground distributed evenly
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Only 3 squad out of 7 received kill code constantly on one of the flotial
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 3/5

In addition, the leaderboard is bugged we got different score even thought we all in same squad, one person didnt even make it into the leaderboard

• DESCRIPTION: Murex raid end on its own at 2 murex downed
  • REPRODUCTION: Finish murex one 2 times
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Can move on to the third one
  • OBSERVED RESULT: It end suddenly during capturing the satelite
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 5/5
Edited by TheFalseEclipse
  • Like 1

• TYPE: In-Game (Time: 00:35am EST. 3/28/2020)
  • DESCRIPTION: Bought 39k+ worth of arcanes to upgrade mines. None showed up in my inventory. 
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: Go to little duck and buy arcanes (awakening, trickery, etc). I spent about 39k+
  • EXPECTED RESULT: They should show up in the inventory.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: None shows up, I still have the same amount of arcanes.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 1/1. I only tried one time/session, don't think I should try it again. 

EDIT: It looks like some successfully got bought (i.e. Guardian), most were not bought and the scarlet credits was deducted (acceleration - 6 arcanes, awakening - 6, eruption - 11, healing - 10, phantasm - 9)

Edited by RougeMagma
Clarification

• TYPE: In-game/matchmaking
  • DESCRIPTION: Finished 3 5-wave murex runs with two clan members One of our runs lost mission rewards for the two of us that were not host.  The host did get credit. Host received rank 3 for murex from that cycle, myself and the third did not (we got 7500 credits and level ii patch).  I happened to check mission summary during transition back to Floatilla and saw mission time counting up from 0 seconds and no rewards, thought that was related to transition to relay.  
  • REPRODUCTION: If you have Floatilla notes it's floatilla #94 from the cycle between 11:40 pm and 2:30 am (mar 27 into 28). 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should have received credit for 3 full murex raids and get 10,000 scarlet credit wave iii bonus
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Lost credits and rewards from one of the runs.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: First time for me, but guessing it's related to not having host, and i've had issues with host only things in the past.  One other clan mate got the same issue this time. Probably not the first time.

https://imgur.com/NCYTbbQ is the scoreboard, the host was Slashers081 in 5th

• Like 2

Type: In-game

Description: Sometimes, clients participating in Murex raids will not get any form of rewards. I've lost out on possibly thousands of Scarlet Credits at this point. This is also accompanied by the Murex driven away count not updating on the client's end.

Reproduction: It's random whenever this happens, but it seems to become guaranteed if your squad finishes a raid, and then initiates another one from the same flotilla instance.

Expected Results: Rewards from mission

Observed Results: No rewards from mission

Reproduction Rate: It's happened to me way more times than is comfortable, I just want to be rewarded for my efforts.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-25 at 6:47 AM, Gentleman_Bird said:
  • TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: Amesha's Warding Grace doesn't appear to work on the Gyrix enemy type
  • VISUAL: [None]
  • REPRODUCTION: use Amesha's Warding Grace near a Gyrix
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The Gyrix slows down
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The Gyrix moves at full speed
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Occurred every time I tested it

I want to add Also Amesha's Warding Grace doesn't appear to work on Tusk Thumper and Tusk Dargyn in Plains of Eidolon.

• DESCRIPTION: Playing Scarlet Spear for a second round in Railjack with the same group
  • REPRODUCTION: playing 2 rounds in the same relay
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should have lock downed enemies and draged them towards the warframe with Magnus Anomaly and Magnus Lockdown
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Nothing, enemies dont move towards warframe and dont get stuned
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime playing a second round on the same relay (in the same 3 hours period) this bug occurs

This is multiple bugs, intertwined, be warned there are a lot of other references, yet detailed and traceable (Bonus Protip: Take a shot any time dogbus typed "reference" or "observe") They are all mostly, if not completely, related though. Bughunter gonna bughunt.

• TYPE: [In-Game > Appearance ]
  • DESCRIPTION: [ Duplicated non-duplicable items are...well, duplicated, and do not stack ]
  • VISUAL: [See image Reference X spoilers affixed below ]
  • REPRODUCTION: [ Retrace from Reference A, when void fissures were at abnormal numbers, complete a flotilla, receive 2x Little Duck rewards ]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [ I expect to not have have duplicate emblems in my inventory that do not stack ]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [ I have duplicate emblems in my inventory that do not stack ]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [ Requires unique circumstances, of which I've only been able to produce 1/1 times. ]

As observed in Reference B/C & D/E, I should have only gotten one of those messages, but didn't. You'll notice that the timestamps between Reference B/C & D/E is 20 minutes, in which I did not have the time to go to another flotilla. Additionally observed, I received two unique rewards in both sets of References.  

As a result, Reference I exists. After 27.3.5 dropped, there was a mission where the payout math did not match up (the difference in the player's favor) but could very well be me not fully understanding the math of the bonus payout system. ( See: Reference F )

Proposed Resolution:
I request removal of the duplicated emblem, but ask to retain the duplicated credits The grounds for my request is that the losses occurred in Reference J are greater than the duplicated gains observed in Reference D/E. I understand if this is not possible or fair. I do welcome an audit of my account, as the aim of this report is to assist in bughunting/tracking, and do not believe I have crossed any lines or broken any agreements by discovering; thus, should incur no consequence.

Reference A - Leaking Void Bug

Spoiler

whatswrong.png

This occurred on or around the same timestamps seen in Reference B/C & D/E  and was eventually corrected by what appears to be a server-side fix without the need for a hotfix deployment. ( See Reference G )

The cause is unknown to me, but is without precedence prior to 27.3.5 PC. I can only assume it was related to the bug noted in Reference H due to the proximity of it's "fix" and Reference G's occurrence.

Reference B - Little Duck Attachment #1 2/3

Spoiler

Little Duck Message 1, Attachment 2 of 3 (Op3 Emblem)
ld1-2.png

Reference C - Little Duck Attachment #1 3/3

Spoiler

Little Duck Message 1, Attachment 3 of 3 (Bonus Credits)
ld1-3.png

Reference D - Little Duck Attachment #2 2/3

Spoiler

Little Duck Message #2 (Duplicate), Attachment 2 of 3 (Op3 Emblem)
ld2-2.png

Reference E - Little Duck Attachment #2 3/3

Spoiler

Little Duck Message #2 (Duplicate), Attachment 3 of 3 (Bonus Credits)
ld2-3.png

Reference F: Little Duck Attachment #3

Spoiler

LIttle Duck Message #3, Math not adding up to 2x. You can see in the background, I had a score of 2865. 

2865 x 2 = 5730
Bonus credits gained = 6460
5730 != 6460, difference noted of 730 in players favor.
ld3.png

Reference G: Multi-Fissure

Spoiler

Topic relating to the Multi-Fissures observed by a fair amount of the community active at the time in NA, both in game and in Region Chat.

Reference H: Void-Void Fissures Bug Report

Spoiler

Bug Report pertaining to the lack of Void Fissures occurring in the Void.

Reference I: Duplicated Emblems

Spoiler

As a result, I have an additional emblem in inventory. 

d-op3-emb.png

Reference J: Losses

Spoiler

Reported losses due to SS bugs, links directly to the relevant comment, and the message in context of this reference can be found in Reference B/C & D/E.

*inb4 "contact support to have emblem removed"

Edited by dogbus
Formatting because preview doesnt do it justice, also there were spaces and line breaks that pissed me off
  • Like 1

• TYPE: Ground Assault Mission
  • DESCRIPTION: After the host and one other client extracted in a Ground Assault mission, I became host after a host migration. I was in the middle of damaging the first phase of the Condrix's health bar when the extraction occurred. The health bar disappeared after migration, and the mission wouldn't progress after damaging it.
  • VISUALWarframe0096.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Condrix has visible health bar and spawns sentients after losing a third of its health. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Condrix had no visible health bar, and after it presumably lost a third of its health (my hits stopped showing yellow damage numbers), nothing happened; no spawns, no eye-shutting. IIRC shooting it didn't even give 0 damage; it simply didn't register as a hit at all. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown