Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

1 hour ago, Magicfingers said:

don't you think that after 6 or 7 years the well might be running dry??? it's time to shake things up and add some new meat to the crew. new meat means new and creative ideas.

The problem we have is being able to work through content faster than the code for more new content can be written and implemented.
DE has ideas they have yet to implement in the game eg: The Duviri Paradox.

Part of the problem here, and with many other "missions" lately is that there is a single point of focus. In this one you only get the SS credits for the kill codes, which means that everyone is specifically focused on that one task. There is (was) a great deal of opportunity with Scarlet Spear, despite the fact that squad link turned out to be nothing like what it should have been, or at least what I expected it to be. If players also received SS credits for killing the Grineer in the RJ side of the mission, perhaps players would not be singularly focused....build RJ for speed and just tow the thing to the ship as fast possible. Or there could have been a third "mission" component of fighting the Grineer in RJ. Wiping out Grineer crew ships would limit/reduce/eliminate the grineer in the Murex mission. The condrix mission should have been on PoE...drop ships and archwing added to the mix. 

• Like 2

Why not have somthing simular to Plague Star where you can get something to modify the level of difficulty as well as reward.

-Add a new Sigil or The rank emblem when equip give a level and reward boost

-Level start at 50 scale by 25 for each condrix

-Condrix can be scan 6 time

-Credit earn will be simular to the 6 or 7 Condrix on a normal mission.

• Like 1

DE does not accept ideas from random player posts on their forums, because they are after all, professionals. Would you tell a cabdriver how to find route, formula driver how to accelerate or surgeon how to operate? I know comparison seems silly but it's not all that silly. From the "cool idea" to game implementation there are 70 steps person giving cool idea knows absolutely nothing about, besides:

There is nothing wrong with the scarlet spear. Concept is fine, if only they could anticipate problems and bugs in advance (for once) would be nice.
But when it works, it's fun.  

2 hours ago, MattM01 said:

If D.E. wants suggestions all they have to do is listen to Life Of Rio...

You mean sitting through >10 minutes of rambling (gotta stretch those videos somehow to get that sweet ad revenue) when the actual content of the video could easily be condensed in just two minutes?

1 hour ago, Mos-Eisley said:

If players also received SS credits for killing the Grineer in the RJ side of the mission, perhaps players would not be singularly focused....build RJ for speed and just tow the thing to the ship as fast possible. Or there could have been a third "mission" component of fighting the Grineer in RJ. Wiping out Grineer crew ships would limit/reduce/eliminate the grineer in the Murex mission.

I have been wondering from the start why they didn't do that. Sometimes the Grineer don't even spawn in Murex raids, but I think that's a bug.

I would've loved an optional bonus objective to wipe out Grineer Crewships as well - or maybe they could place a credit multiplier for each Crewship we kill (plus a smaller increase for each individual Grineer ship). Say for every Crewship you kill, it multiplies your credit gain by one. Every smaller Grineer ship, you get an extra 0.1x on your credit payout. They stop spawning once all 5 Murex are done (but you can finish off the ones already there).
You can either zerg on through, wipe out 5 Murex, then get out of dodge, or you can have your team split up to work on both parts, allowing you to maximize your reward for each mission run.

1 hour ago, Mos-Eisley said:

The condrix mission should have been on PoE...drop ships and archwing added to the mix. 

Would have absolutely preferred PoE, Archwing/K-Drive would make it more bearable.

• Like 1

Because Scarlet Spear is merely a response to the community asking for more events. Players should reserve their judgement for Duviri Paradox. I would've said Railjack but the fact is that Railjack was never content persay and more that it is a vehicle for future content.

A few times when hosting I've noticed that just completely due to RNG sometimes a crewship ends up being right next to your next satellite and it just seemingly blows it up instantly when you pick it up before you can do anything. I've also seen it happen to other hosts when I was in their squad.

Also, on an unrelated note, I feel like you originally intended the space mission to be harder, which is why you can cap faster in that mode than ground. In reality, space is faceroll easy and takes a lot less effort to fully cap than ground missions. It is even substantially easier to fully solo a space mission than fully solo a ground mission. I think you should adjust the amount of points you're getting to reflect that. Ground missions that go all the way to the end should be getting more per mission than space missions just based on difficulty. Space missions only fail due to the RNG issue with crewships I mentioned above. 

Edited by Borg1611

59 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

DE does not accept ideas from random player posts on their forums, because they are after all, professionals. Would you tell a cabdriver how to find route, formula driver how to accelerate or surgeon how to operate? I know comparison seems silly but it's not all that silly. From the "cool idea" to game implementation there are 70 steps person giving cool idea knows absolutely nothing about, besides:

There is nothing wrong with the scarlet spear. Concept is fine, if only they could anticipate problems and bugs in advance (for once) would be nice.
But when it works, it's fun.  

I have often told a cab driver how to get to my house, or how to avoid a main route that can delay travel. Doctors need to know personal medical information that is not available elsewhere. Formula drivers learn from experience and feedback from others. The smartest people in the world still learn something new every day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kentar said:

'General Discussion is not feedback''  yesterday it appeared in yellow on my browser in the warframe forums

That's the old "announcement" that was pinned to the top. You can view it in it's entirety in the sites source code.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I have often told a cab driver how to get to my house, or how to avoid a main route that can delay travel. Doctors need to know personal medical information that is not available elsewhere. Formula drivers learn from experience and feedback from others. The smartest people in the world still learn something new every day.

Yea ...no. You're right and wrong at same time, look ...Feedback is one thing. Telling a dev what to change in game and what to implement is other. Devs will accept input in planned event like design of new warframe we saw recently. Posting a "I have great new idea" on forums of any game on the planet will get you nowhere, almost without exception. Would you go tell Tarantino which actor would be "really cool to cast"? Or any director how to do creative part of his job? It does not work this way, and young people that seem to have "great idea" (which may or man not be that great, no matter) cannot understand how that business works. Ideas by themselves are almost worthless. Have seen it unravel thousands of times that's why I've reacted. 

1 hour ago, ThorienKELL said:

Yea ...no. You're right and wrong at same time, look ...Feedback is one thing. Telling a dev what to change in game and what to implement is other. Devs will accept input in planned event like design of new warframe we saw recently. Posting a "I have great new idea" on forums of any game on the planet will get you nowhere, almost without exception. Would you go tell Tarantino which actor would be "really cool to cast"? Or any director how to do creative part of his job? It does not work this way, and young people that seem to have "great idea" (which may or man not be that great, no matter) cannot understand how that business works. Ideas by themselves are almost worthless. Have seen it unravel thousands of times that's why I've reacted. 

Sure, there are plenty of bad or undeveloped ideas. DE has plenty of them too. But to disregard a well thought out opinion because it comes from the community is a mistake. The best designers understand that all concepts can be improved.

And while the community may not understand the limitations of DE in terms of staff and coding, that doesn't mean that suggesting a weekly reset option for a lich was a bad idea, or that giving the community zero reward for not reaching 100 murex is a poorly designed system as many of the flotillas bug out towards the end.

There are thousands of ideas by the community that would greatly benefit Warframe. Back in the day we had a conflict when reload was mapped to the same input as interact as it would force reload instead of reviving or using a terminal. Likewise this caused the dash wire to be mounted instead of reloading or interacting just by being in proximity of the dash wire. We complained and made suggestions for several years before this got resolved. Was our feedback and/or suggestions somehow bad or misguided? Absolutely not, as we were using the correct input and getting the incorrect result. And it didn't take a developer's insight to notice the problem; it only required playing the game and encountering this situation.

• Like 2

1) This thread should be stickied, there's a lot of feedback on the event and I keep looking for this thread rather than posting new ones. 

2) Just wanted to comment again on the 100/100 Murex being bad. When you have an hour or less, sometimes you join a flotilla that potentially could finish, but then it doesn't because there's not enough space squads or the ones that are up are dealing with bugs like no codes. This causes you to end up with 1/3 the credits you should have gotten. It also discourages people from attempting iffy Flotillas that may or may not finish, which results in more not finishing in time. 

2a) As an alternative, I think either a region wide goal where all Flotillas count towards (with tiers and a higher overall cap), or, if that's not possible, add a per Flotilla tier system. IE: if you get to at least 25/100 everyone gets a 1x bonus in the mail when the time is up, at 50x you get 2x, at 75 you get 2.5x and at 100 you get 3x (or do 3x at 75 and make 100/100 a 4x bonus which would cap you at the current cap in a single full run if the flotilla gets to 100/100). edit2: when I wrote this I think I was thinking in terms of the current 3x total you get when you add up your score + bonus where the bonus is actually 2x, but the concept I think is good even though the example numbers may be too high.  

3) I think the bonus cap should be higher regardless if you make any changes to the Murex goals or not. You can already get around it by jumping from Flotilla to Flotilla potentially, but that's then a risk in them not being finished in time. The current cap encourages you to try to spread out between multiple instances rather than stay on the same one to help it finish after you hit 5k. 

edit:

4) Switch rewards to Axi relics exclusively when you get to 4/5 on the Murex and ???+ on ground. Shouldn't be getting Lith and Meso relics from rounds where we're fighting level 100+ enemies. Also I need more Titania Axi relics. 

Edited by Borg1611
  • Like 3