Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

5 minutes ago, Morthal said:

A blueprint isn't content. An ephemera is not "Content". The original starchart progression and the stories along the way THAT was content.

The event itself is content like it or not, sounds like you consider content the things that you personally want. Don't get me wrong I want lore, I want more quests but you can't just say that it's not content

• Like 1

Load up squad.
Get the instance menu:

Spoiler

Untitled.png

Enter an instance.
Every squad member gets their own instance alone.
Can't enter a mission, because "no murex waves detected"... even though most instances are less than 50%
Leave instance, reform squad, try another instance, repeat...

Sooo what we just wait over an hour till this nonsense resets?
Menuframe grind is real.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I can solo Railjack Scarlet Spear Runs up to 6 Murex with a Legion of Specters and a geared Railjack. You have 30 days to grind, why the rush? Just take it slow.

Or why bother grinding in the first place? The game mode's broken as #*!%, I'm never going to use the weapons beyond the standard "30 and ditch" for pretty much everything, and we can just buy them from Baro in a year or two (like with the ignis wraith, supra vandal and zylok).

EDIT, because the thread I was replying to completely vanished:

I'm not touching it either, but my reasons are different, those being that the game mode was fundamentally broken and defective.

I did a quick 4 wave run for the ground-based mobile defence mission (because in the end, that's all it really is). Got my whopping 45 points (which is 0.003 of one of the weapons), noticed that it seemed to have some kind of non-linear scaling and exited to try the mission in earnest with a couple of friends.

We got to wave 10 and were 95% of the way through it when we crashed. Each and every one of us. Thrown straight back to the desktop. One of my squadmates was watching a few streamers to get an idea as to how the game mode worked, each and every one of them had the same problem too.

This isn't some strange edge case. It's not a weird interaction between X ability cast at the right moment when Y happens. The game flat out died in the middle of the mission for everyone when we were just over half-way towards the limit which DE had explicitly set.

This is absurd. Something like this would have been caught the moment the mission were first playtested. Releasing something without even pretending to test it even once is utterly inexcusable. It speaks volumes about the contempt that they must have for the playerbase to do this. "Oh, just throw it out, doesn't matter if it's broken, defective and unplayable".

Well, fine. I've got enough contempt and disgust already, have some back in return. I'm not touching your broken crap, DE. You made an abominable first impression and it's sticking with me for the rest of my time here.

The icing on the cake here is that this erased the 45 points I had from my test run.

(and no, I haven't even started on how railjack is still a mess and the huge grindiness in general)

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

People saying go outside and take a breather...

I'm in Quarantine lockdown from Covid-19, going outside is NOT an option right now.

I ate my tasty rations, so i am a goner anyways..........currently recovering from the real flu, a week of just being sick as all out...and now another one hunting us....LOL  sometimes there is no winning.

Edited by Kyronz

So with each new release DE have very very bad habit of give players non reasonable grind ratio. You need to spend hours of playing to get something, railjack is clear presentation of this. Some confusion is betweeen "game is now easyer than before duo last changes and no real end game for veterans" and "oh, you need to play approach by DE = grind till your backbone broke". every new content is spiced with numerous bugs, unbalanced stuff etc on top of it which brings player unhappiness and revolt each time little by little. 

Just plea: So can you DE pls fck off with grind insanity fir once?

I got around 1800 points from 15 condrix scans which took about 30 minutes. But man, that was boring as hell. 

Also 1 RJ skirmish awarded me 1875 points which took around 15-20 minutes. 

So while those small numbers don't reflect the truth(not unless you are a solo player anyway), it still is absolultey ridiculous amounts of grind.

Those weapons better be 10x stronger than  the strongest weapon we have right now other wise it isn't even remotely worth it.

But then, do we need ridiculously powerful weapons when the game is already very easy as is.

30 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah it does kind of feel like the 'worst combination' DE could come up with for an event

(retyping Post, i may not remember everything i was going to say)
idk about worst, but being so fragmented turns it into moderate levels of Chaos on the meter.
and wasn't this alluded to in November/December that this Event was going to be very Clan oriented? well, it certainly isn't now, and maybe that's what's causing much of the chaos.

i wonder if a Community Goal style would function better - rather than who even knows how many fragments scattered around, instead the same time frame tracking globally. one gamewide Flotilla.
obviously the Quota would have to go up to account for that to like 20,000 or 50,000, but i'm fairly confident that would function much better. and 3hr gamewide would be snappy enough that you'd get your bonuses without feeling like you're waiting eons.

the smaller fragments could be utilized for Clans if they do still want to integrate Clans into this - can have a global Quota and a Clan Quota, so that Clans get extra for working together.

(as for the actual Missions they're...... 'fine' - i would've expected more to do but they're ok i guess. the space Mission is kind've annoying though since it's so much running back and forth from A to B and back via 'loading' screens which makes it feel silly plus the PFX spam in the space defense, my god i can't see anything at all.
additionally i would've liked the tuning on the defense stages to lean a little more towards neutral between Warframe Abilities, in the sense of feeling a little less encouraged than current to cover everything with Hard CC and Hard Defensive barriers. but it's... 'fine')

One my first run on the ground squad, I got about 2200 for a run on 10 condrix. The strange part is that on the second one, it went straight down to only giving about 1400 for 10 condrix, I dont know what boosted it the first time and I have no clue how to get back on the reasonable points again.

Also the railjack matchmaking seems to be goofed, I sat in my railjack for about 10-15 mins, waiting for people to pop in, not a single soul came in 😮 So I am running ground squads until it seems to be either fixed or I managed to get a full squad in without getting messages like "The Flotilla is full".

DE I love you, but please, pick a thing, do that thing. Don't do many things. Do one thing. Do it from start to finish. Make it worthwhile, get the grind right, add in interesting variation, work out the bugs, make it engaging, make it respect peoples time. Once you have done that one thing, then work on another thing and apply that quality testing to the new thing. 
All these big ambitious plans feel too big for what you can deliver in a meaningful way. 
Pick the liches, go back and spend time and finish them, give them a meaningful story and progression instead of rng grind fest. Give me a real reason to hunt the lich culminating in a climatic battle on the liches ship, which isn't an rng lucky dip about if I find them or not. Relook at what the nemesis system was and try and understand why that actually worked. 
Revisit Railjack, give it varied missions, give it a purpose, give it interaction with everything else we can do. 

Stop making islands. Stop RNG. Give fair grind. Make the content interactive with itself instead of systems which exist on their own to be forgotten. If you want to add a new system like railjack, actually take time to do it right, bring out the whole thing instead of a buggy beta demo of what maybe it could be possibly. While you take the year to get it right, give us small polished rewarding monthly events. Little, easy and often. 

Use a little quality control - stop using paying customers as beta testers. Fix a thing. Do it right. A few bugs and a few small balancing changes are fine, but seriously if you're gonna add a thing to the game ask yourselves why you're adding it. Does it add fun to the gameplay, or does it just add another thing to grind. If it's the second thing, don't do it. You are wearing down all my joy from the game and all my good will. I assume I am not alone in that. 

Can you take a year of quality control? add nothing new. Just fix the things you already have. make them work together. Make them enjoyable for the players. test them first. test them again. ask is this actually genuinely fun or just a time sink. test it again. Then release it complete. stop doing half baked beta stuff. You're not the poor struggling studio trying to keep the lights on anymore. Treat yourselves with more respect than that, and treat us with more respect. You'll lose us otherwise. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and wasn't this alluded to in November/December that this Event was going to be very Clan oriented?

Hmmm. Is this true? Combined with how many people hate randoms on their Railjack, it would explain why Railjack for the event seems invite-only at the moment. I’d guess the intent would be to have invites within the clan?

38 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

The icing on the cake here is that this erased the 45 points I had from my test run.

Don't worry, this S#&$ doesn't work, I have done 3 runs (2 solo... because somehow there are 20 billion people but no one ever joins your squad), 225 + 950ish + 150, my score still shows 225.

Initially I wanted to do this event for the orbiter decorations, they're lit. But finally I'll just be playing something else

I don t complain about the cost of the event.

I am just disappointed that the "Space" part is just another ground mission. They tell you to leave the RJ,... in a space mission...

That I can t use my excess Anomaly Shards.

Now I will take a break of Warframe because the hype is gone.

If you enjoy it, have fun.

Edited by CR0ME
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Akaruy said:

Why does it feel like you're saying it as a positive?

Because it's a copy-paste from dev post, not my words. Just seeing many people have missed this info (mostly due to incorrect initial post). With these rewards, the whole operation stuff is not that bad. Still bad though.

1 hour ago, Squick said:

I've literally maxed out every mission I've done for SS and never once had these bonuses appear.

You have to complete as much as you can during a single Murex wave and you also have to stay inside the same relay instance. If I get it right. Will be checking myself later.

1 hour ago, Lazarow said:

How does this work I am not understanding this? How does one rank up?

By completing as much tasks as you can during a single attack wave while staying in the same instance (not sure about the latter part though).

9 minutes ago, Xaero said:
  1 hour ago, Lazarow said:

How does this work I am not understanding this? How does one rank up?

You need to get 1k/3k/5k in a single rotation. Meaning during 1 0/100 round. When you reach one of these milestones you get the rewards after the round reaches 100/100. So basically if you want to get the 10k bonus, you need to spend 2+ hours of nonstop missions to reach 5k points.

Edited by Fellas92

hace 6 horas, WindigoTG dijo:

Sooooooo, 35000 points divided by 2720 per run means I need to play 13 runs.

It's one run a day for two weeks. Event will last for four weeks. Plenty of time.

What's insane or grindy there?

Note that 13 runs is 78 Murex if you do it that particular way, which's already been said it's unfeasible due to the cap on how many you can do.