Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

Also, we really need a way to just become crew for the RJ side. My railjack is not fit for the mission because im holding off on it until command gets released (like you really could not complete railjack before doing this event?). I just want to be the guy who goes into the sentient ship so I can break the monotany of doing ground missions.

Edited by R34LM

Whatever your problem may be the quality of the game is suffering enormously and the players are the end of the joke.. if it is on (I hope it's a joke, would be sad otherwise)

Anyway, another barely playable event, new content, update, call it whatever you want. It just sucks and is no fun playing. Bugs all the way through and extremely grindy.

After 5 years of Warframe on and off this is where I'm hopping off the train.

Well then have fun.

• Like 5

Yeah, it's insulting really. 3 Months with no new RJ content only to get a barely working, zero fun grindfest with almost no meaningful lore and requiring way more time and effort that the activities are worth.

It's been years since Warframe as a game was properly managed as a live service product, with periodic updates, meaningful content and new experiences. Now it's all about empty promises that get delayed for years and end up being a thousand time worse that what was promised, reworks of stuff that was essentially fine and nerfs followed by more grind, and a story that moves by an inch every six months, with nothing really important going on asides from "prologue" cutsenes that last two minutes.

He're what you must do to salvage warframe.

1 - Stop this whole "Tennocon Reveal" mentality of showcasing fake hyper cool stuff two years in advance when you clearly are not able to deliver the vision you promised... Especially stop announcing three updates in advance when it takes you TWO YEARS TO RELEASE A TWO HOUR LONG QUEST LIKE SACRIFICE...

2 - You need a live service team that's working all year round to produce weelkly and monthly content. Small events, recycled events, nightwave seasons, small lore entries, even if it's just text, adding new mods to existing tilesets, just a team whose sole job is making stuff to do for your players. To think you believe a Live Service can survive without regular content is beyond me, just because you talk to the community on streams doesn't make out for the fact there's barely any content to play 45 weeks a year.

3 - You also need a dedicated long-term, big update team that works on the bigger picture stuff behind the scene. No more teasing stuff two years in advance, show us the tech when it's working and close to ship, so we actually get reasonably hyped and the update doesn't feel like old new when it finally drops two years later (and it's worse that was promised).

4 - Just because you do devstreams doesn't mean you listen to your fans. We've been asking for endgame for years and dispensing all the fixes this game needs, yet are constantly getting ignored while you work on stuff nobody cares about like Corpus Tileset remasters (like that is going to give us more gameplay time...)...

5 - You guys need new game designers in charge of balance, creating new gamemodes and creating nice rewards for the players. Not saying Scott , Steve and Sheldon are out of touch, but yeah, they are totally out of touch. Every... Single ... Update in the last two years has been plagued with misteps, grindfests, bugs, gameplay features that are not working from a design perspective, and it always takes pages and pages of people complaining on the forums and months of tweaking to get stuff in a half-decent state. You guys need new blood and vets from other companies that bring a new perspective and new flavor to this old , dying dog.

6 - Stop releasing unfinished , broken content and events. We're not your testers, it's your job to get a big enough team of Functionnality and Dev Testers and ensure what you release is stable / balanced / fun BEFORE shipping it.

7 - You need to actually deliver all the stuff you promised already, or tell us fans when said content has been cut. Where's the third orb valis spider, where's the lunaro ball weapon, the hydroid prime trailer , the new CG intro and new player experience, being able to be picked up from fortuna in a RJ, liches having capital ships, corpus RJ missions, the Nef Anyo Boss Fight, the command intrinsics, a proper squad link even like the promised battle of endor setup from Tennocon, even the new war is two years late... Just stop promising crap and actually work on the crap you promised years ago and deliver them...

8 - Stop treating us like hampsters in a wheel. The game is insanely grindy, and at this point it's frankly unrealistic to expect new players to catch up to veterans who have played for 7 years. You should dramatically increase the XP , focus, ressources gains and make everything easyer to accomplish so that new players can get to the endgame faster, instead of expecting people to see "You need 600 orokin cells" and go "Ok, i'll farm for two weeks.

9 - We need hard and endgame content. Why is the starchart still a huge empty mess of lvl 5-25 enemies that award no XP and ressources ? Why can't we have challenge on every tilesets ? Why no more raids ? Why no missions that start at lvl 150 ? Why even bother pursuing a strong arsenal of weapons if the only content requiring it requires you to stay two hours in an endless mission to get there ?

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 11

Hey DE,

you're  losing it. Like Mortaria I'm  playing warframe for about 5-6 years. All the ups and downs aside I really love this game BUT...

Since the numbers of 'white knights' increase you guys start to do what they 'allow' you to do. and to come to my point it ends in unstable content that none of us like with the bit of bait that 'it's  improving...it's going to get better' 

but know what. I bought  the  story of railjacj liches and new war for over halve a jear now.

'we do not want another island'  haha... it IS now just another island. it is unstable,leggy,half-baked S#&$. And now even I am sick of it.

I really feel betrayed. The game I loved is falling apart into content that is only half done and gets new content that is the same way Unfinished 

so for myself I will watch the next days and wait for you  to make it work or I will like Mortaria  abandon WF for good. Sad thing... I know all of my friends will follow Mortaria and me and will abandon the game as well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

2 - You need a live service team that's working all year round to produce weelkly and monthly content. Small events, recycled events, nightwave seasons, small lore entries, even if it's just text, adding new mods to existing tilesets, just a team whose sole job is making stuff to do for your players. To think you believe a Live Service can survive without regular content is beyond me, just because you talk to the community on streams doesn't make out for the fact there's barely any content to play 45 weeks a year.

3 - You also need a dedicated long-term, big update team that works on the bigger picture stuff behind the scene. No more teasing stuff two years in advance, show us the tech when it's working and close to ship, so we actually get reasonably hyped and the update doesn't feel like old new when it finally drops two years later (and it's worse that was promised).

I fully agree with both of those, and I've been saying the same for a long time. I don't understand why you made your text whitish-gray on a white background, though.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, R34LM said:

That timer is the extent of the next wave. So you are able to do runs at this time. If not, then it is a bug.

I don't think so. I was in the relay when the mission waves ended. I could not start another mission, ground or railjack. I was in a railjack one at the time when it ended and got forcibly sent back to the relay. I go back to my orbiter from there, and this is what I see, and have seen multiple times. When there is an active wave, you will see a ton more relays to go to. Think like eidolons, when they aren't available, the total number of cetus hub "worlds" is much smaller than when its night on the plains.

1 hour ago, m0b1us1 said:

I don't think so. I was in the relay when the mission waves ended. I could not start another mission, ground or railjack. I was in a railjack one at the time when it ended and got forcibly sent back to the relay. I go back to my orbiter from there, and this is what I see, and have seen multiple times. When there is an active wave, you will see a ton more relays to go to. Think like eidolons, when they aren't available, the total number of cetus hub "worlds" is much smaller than when its night on the plains.

It might be some weird timing, but you get 3 hrs of total event runtime and then a 10 minute cooldown. I do know that, sometimes, upon entering a relay it doesn't quite register that it is currently running until you sit in it for a bit, so that may be the issue as well. If the relay display says "no murrex detected", wait a small bit and see if it updates.

There is still an hour left on the timer in our flotilla that has now reach (100/100). We are afraid that if we leave the flotilla then we wont get our rewards for being the leading kill code senders.   Is there any point to staying after it reaches (100/100)? I don't think I get anything for my squad reaching the top of the leader boards. please clarify the situation. Do i need to stay in the Flotilla and run down the clock to get my rewards?

Even as a railjack fan, the railjack portion of scarlet spear is a disappointment--largely because the actual railjack component is irrelevant.

Mainly, because it needs to work for solo players, and even with a full group the entire team needs to go into enemy ship to deploy their link, the railjack portion is relegated to nothing more than filler between stages of what is effectively a glorified mobile defense mission.

And like all defense missions, the best and most efficient solution is to solo limbo and then AFK--but you can't even say "#*!% it, I'll just use Protective Dash instead, because I enjoy engaging with the game's core mechanics, actually" because the only way links can be healed is from care packages on the flotilla, a mechanic that exists for no discernable reason.

Edited by Marohen

1 hour ago, GeneralTennobi said:

There is still an hour left on the timer in our flotilla that has now reach (100/100). We are afraid that if we leave the flotilla then we wont get our rewards for being the leading kill code senders.   Is there any point to staying after it reaches (100/100)? I don't think I get anything for my squad reaching the top of the leader boards. please clarify the situation. Do i need to stay in the Flotilla and run down the clock to get my rewards?

You can leave the flotilla after reaching your point values. I left one today after getting rank 3 and duck mailed me the stuff like an invasion mission.

wasn't here when this launched yesterday, so i cant comment on that, but I played after the recent buff to rewards.

I'm really enjoying this event. I love the scaling, and how different frames can contribute. seeing a lot of CC frames doing work. i did a 30 min ground assault with 2 other players. I didn't have a corrosive weapon, and I forgot to put my oplink down/didnt know. still got 2000 credits.

I also like how this event can challenge vets running meta builds, as well as allow more casual players to get some rewards. 

I like how there is an AOE damage portion to kill trash mobs, as well as a single target phase. this was overall well designed. 

again, i can't comment on the issues that occurred when this first launched, but from what I played today, we need more of these events. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zebiko said:

As someone that only has done the ground side of the event, I like it. It's functional enough, and fun to play. I feel like a lot of the criticism stems from previous grievances of the other bad content. It was kinda cringe watching Brozime getting absolutely rabid mad from having to wait for waves to start. I couldn't help think that past content made him look at this content in such eyes. 

Match making seems okay. Would be nice to pug railjack AND select to not use your own railjack, because my railjack is 0/0/0/0/0 ranked.

I wish the new primary weapon didn't require railjack resources. If the gun was for railjack, that would be fine, because that's related. For now, the blueprint will sit in the foundry until, if ever, I get the resources to build it.

An update to this post of mine. 

I was surprised to see the Railjack change in the latest patch. Being able to choose to join or to host is great, and I was able to join and complete space side missions. Only the first try was kinda scuffed from the lag, and no clear end to the mission. Rest of the space missions I did went well, and had a good time in them. 

Now to the new problem I encountered. I found myself entering a flotilla and failing to find an open spot for the space mission often. I would go back to the orbiter and try a new flotilla instance, and repeat that many times, till I found an open spot to join.

The problem is that there are many flotillas with very few groups on each one. I wish that the flotillas had higher capacity of player groups and less separate instances. This way, I don't have to spend much time searching flotillas, trying to find a party to join. 

Idk why it is setup like this, but suspect technical reasons. Hopefully it's not an impossible limitation, and can be changed. 

Also, the leader board is a nice idea, but wish it wasn't temporary, nor for a specific fortilla. Maybe have the individual flotilla leader boards and have an overall leader board of the whole event at the closest relay. 

• Like 1

Someone has probably already said this but...pls make it so that once all 100 murex for an instance are beaten that the timer resets so that we don't have to wait the remaning time for a new wave or the bonus. Ie waiting 50 min doing nothing cus I don't want to leave the instance and risk losing the bonus.

i usually ran 12 scans on ground, even when alone (frost and limbo mostly prevent the oplink from being damaged and rejuvination can heal them... slowly). after that it's getting tedious alone (about 30min in mission when done all solo, less in a full halfway able team) and people getting downed by clumsiness or 'otherwise' preventable circumstances and therefore start hauling arse home. the score then is about 1.1k, with sometimes more or less depending on how many codes where used by the sky-teams. in space, there is only the 5 murex ships in a row option to 'max' out the challenge... which isn't much of one tbh (only some team mates might provide said challenge by their behavior ^^)

as for a leader borad... well, we have this in each seperate relay, even though just temporary until the next wave starts...

i agree that it could get a little pimp-up in points since evn though i got quite a lot point in one nights playing, it 'only' abou the worth of maybe 6 arcane and the new gun... sure we have many days left to get everything and i'm sure this event will happen regulary too, so no real pressure, but still.... 50% increase in points would be a nice move.

Really disappointed with scarlet spear and how grind heavy and repetitive it is. I don't come home from work and try to relax only to have another chore to deal with. I've given up on so much content in this game because of how needy it is with your time. The thing I really hate is getting a few of my friends into warframe as well, sure they like it now but I'll feel guilty when they hit the same wall I have. When someone asks me about getting into warframe now all I can tell them is if they want to try it then they should be reeeeeally casual about it and not really care about the game at all. So the key to not getting burned out is to not be invested.

• Like 1

This event is hella grindy and time gated. Why are we waiting for a timer to wait for the next wave instead of just when it reaches 100 it just resets, pay out to players based on tier? Also the vendor prices are WAY TOO HIGH to only be getting 25~100 points per kill code. You would need to farm till 5k points then just wait for how much time is left on the timer to hope and pray that the game pays you your bonus credits correctly. I know the DE is working from home but this even should have been delayed for just a couple more weeks if it meant more polished event cause this is the most worse,time gated, buggy, un-fun event ever.

• Like 1

No Gold/Platinum arcanes, no other worthy rewards(except for a (FINALLY!) good Lacera, a mediocre Sentient Machine Gun, and a few Cosmetics), loss of points for no reason, other than a bad idea of tieing people to specific relays, grind overload, thanks to the lack of supposed boosts, and last, but not least, no Killcodes on Railjack missions, despite standing there, guarding the MFing OpLink for 1o minutes straight! - it's official, the event is busted.
DE, please fix railjack before launching Railjack-linked events. We understand what because of the virus panic, none of you guys are able to work in the office. So no one would blame you if you delayed this whole shtick. You could've used a week or even a month to sort things out. Especially with Railjack.
Here's a short list of all Railjack problems:

1. The instability - this mode is prone to crash and is incompatible with many of the Lobby features. Examples include: crashes on player join/leave, softlocks/crashes on host migration, Inability to join session and the already mentioned inability to get linked with other squad on this lil' operation, thus getting no killcodes from Earth Squads.
2. Bugs - there are tons of collision, hitbox and script bugs and glitches, that require fixing
3. The Foundry - WHY DOES IT EXIST AS IT CURRENTLY IS IN RAILJACK AT ALL? The sole fact what people have to gather resources is tedious AF. But nope, you guys decided to stick to your guns and make the things even more complicated by making it use ACTUAL RESOURCES. Not just some mission-exclusive resource stuf that'd drop from enemies killed, or just replenish over the time, no. And made it all SHARED, of all things. And, just to make that cherry on top, you guys made it all to be taken from host - why not make it individual one? Anyway, thanks to all this nonsense standing near Murrex, waiting Gaben knows how many hours for killcodes turns railjack into a big fat target, with depleting resources, against an infinite, replenishable army of bloody Sentients, both ships and invaders.

Edited by KVenom
  • Like 1

Seriously CAN YOU JUST SCRAP THE WHOLE SQUAD-LINK THINGY?

The network and server issue is SO TERRIBLE. I can't even get into a functional flotilla let alone start a game and finish it.

I'm not receiving any kill code like AT ALL. 

Why don't you just make it a simple relay with a simple mission which you don't need to wait for whatever damn code from other players and instead the mission just progress anyway when you accomplish the objective?

The whole ground and space mission teams and waiting for kill code thing just don't work. The codes are not going through. Hell not even the relays are working. I CAN'T EVEN ENTER A WORKING RELAY!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, R34LM said:

It might be some weird timing, but you get 3 hrs of total event runtime and then a 10 minute cooldown. I do know that, sometimes, upon entering a relay it doesn't quite register that it is currently running until you sit in it for a bit, so that may be the issue as well. If the relay display says "no murrex detected", wait a small bit and see if it updates.

Well that screen shot was taken right after we got done with a wave from the orbiter, NOT the relay. This was not in the relay, it was selecting which instance of the relay you want to join. Still does not explain that 3 hour timer that is there right after with a current wave. Like I said before, if there was a murrex detected, there would be far far more instances of the relay that you could choose to join.

• Like 1

The sentient assault rifle needs buffing hard. Neither of the sentient weapons have been anything more than a curiosity and they are rather hard to get. At least make the rifle special. Just give it a regular 20-25% crit.

I want to get it, i like the concept, but it is hard to justify spending so much time getting such a sub par weapon.

Edited by xxvaderxxar
  • Like 2

18 минут назад, xxvaderxxar сказал:

The sentient assault rifle needs buffing hard. Neither of the sentient weapons have been anything more than a curiosity and they are rather hard to get. At least make the rifle special. Just give it a regular 20-25% crit.

Yah, otherwise, it's very freakin' mediocre.

On 2020-03-25 at 9:40 PM, Avienas said:

Honestly this is what i have been ranting for a long time, stall the new content in favor of fixing everything up, especially content LINKED to other content, such as how Kuva liches use fissures for its Requiem mods but fissure system in general is badly designed. Just like how Railjack needs a better progression system or KEEP the frocking event related content to it low level, 30 at the very least for the most part and more then likely drastically throttle the scale up speed if they can`t just boost reward gain amount to much higher values, such as tripling or quadrupling the point gain for each round instead of just simply doubling it.

This is the part that galls me the most, personally. DE released Railjack stupidly unfinished with promises to add so much more to it. Other than minor bugfixes ("minor," as in crash fixes), DE haven't really added much to it. And yet here we are, basing entire new events around a game mode which is itself still bare-bones, unfinished and honestly predominantly hollow. Finish what you started BEFORE using it in new events and crossover content. Where are the AI crews? Where are the Corpus ships? Where are the game modes other than Exterminate? Are you going to keep the Sentient fights in the game after the event, or are we going back to Grineer Exterminate missions all of the time?

• Like 3