Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Efficiently Earning Scarlet Credits?

Traumtulpe

So after plunging headfirst into the ground missions, and getting 1500 points from 14 waves with my teammates dying left and right to the end, I was able to afford a single Arcane. One of 21 needed to get the max level of that particular Arcane.

I had hoped to get several max level Arcanes by the end of this event, but the acquisition rate, and the fact that future Arcanes are going to be vastly more expensive than the current ones even, made me visit the forum in search of what I might be doing wrong.

It took me a while to find it, but apparently there is some sort of bonus that can be achieved - if you know what to do, and play efficiently. Simply doing the missions will get you none of that. So to the best of my knowledge the thing to do is the following (please correct anything wrong):

• Stay on the same Flotilla
  • Earn 5000 Scarlet Credits during the current period (3 hours)
  • Have other people kill the remaining x/100 Murex (but not before you have earned 5000 SC!)(but before the 3 hours pass!)

If you manage to create these specific circumstances, that don't entirely seem to be in your hands, you are rewarded with 10000 bonus SCs, tripling your earnings. There are lower tier rewards that you may be eligible for, should you fail to get 5000 SCs before all 100 Murex are depleted.

If this is correct so far, it is my impression that this (unfortunately) makes just playing the missions quite undesirable. If the situation isn't perfect, if there isn't enough time left to get 5000 SCs, if you get bad teams (or incomplete teams), you may as well not bother.

Again, as I wasn't entirely clear on this bonus system, please correct any misunderstandings I might have.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 15

oof, wish I had known this before. I made more than 5k in the time period, but scattered in 3 different flotillas. Also the point reward table Rebbeca released didn't seem to match my earnings at all. A full ground mission of all 17 condrixes should give around 4.7k points by her table, I did one and only got around 2k (forgot the exact number, but it was around that). Am I missing something here? 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis
  • Like 1

Since I got about 1500 from 14 waves I'd say 2k for 17 sounds about right.

You should be able to get multiple smaller bonuses if you fight on multiple Flotillas, however you get nothing if you are below 1k points per Flotilla or if the 200 Condrix (and the Murex?) are not depleted.

Edited by Traumtulpe

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Since I got about 1500 from 14 waves I'd say 2k for 17 sounds about right.

You should be able to get multiple smaller bonuses if you fight on multiple Flotillas, however you get nothing if you are below 1k points per Flotilla or if the 200 Condrix (and the Murex?) are not depleted.

I definitely made more than 1k in at least 2 of them. Where do I get these rewards, by mail? I didn't receive anything other than the condrix emblem. 

I think I did this on the last wave I didn't get a 10k bonus credits I did get a 2k one but that was just for reaching the 1st teir of the event score,  I did seemingly get a bonus there for winning the round since when I went to the next relay my event score went from 5666 to 10730 after the reset.  I went from like 2k pts to about 11k points in that wave running space missions the whole time

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I was able to afford a single Arcane. One of 21 needed to get the max level of that particular Arcane.

Oh so I was right in my suspicion that the UI straight-up lies to you by displaying the arcanes fully ranked in the shop. Cool! Good job, DE, that surely won't turn anybody off when they find out the hard way!

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 6

il y a 1 minute, SordidDreams a dit :

Oh so I was right in my suspicion that the UI straight-up lies to you by displaying the arcanes fully ranked in the shop. Cool! Good job, DE, that surely won't turn anybody off when they find out the hard way!

Are you serious ? I hope this is a joke ... 1500 for 1 arcane is not worth it at all, imagine the gold or legendary arcanes ... wtf

• Like 4

vor 2 Minuten schrieb HatedByLifeItself:

Are you serious ? I hope this is a joke ... 1500 for 1 arcane is not worth it at all, imagine the gold or legendary arcanes ... wtf

grind is insane and i dont see arcane energize here. so i dont play it. but maybe there are some tricks...

• Like 1

hace 8 minutos, Battle.Mage dijo:

grind is insane and i dont see arcane energize here. so i dont play it. but maybe there are some tricks...

To be fair ... insane ? ... 1500 for an arcane that you choose .... and it would take maybe 30 min or a little more (i did 1400 with a random team with someone leveling weapons and frame -.- ) .... how many eidolons you would need to kill to get a specific arcane (A LOT)

14 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

supposedly they are holding back the other arcanes for now but will come later.  I heard someone say they are doing it incase someone finds some exploits to game the event in someway to get crazy amounts of them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

supposedly they are holding back the other arcanes for now but will come later.  I heard someone say they are doing it incase someone finds some exploits to game the event in someway to get crazy amounts of them

That's how they justified it, yeah. AFAIK the only 'exploit' ever found to get crazy amounts of anything was the twitch drop fiasco where DE accidentally gave out dozens of exilus adapters for watching that one devstream.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

That's how they justified it, yeah. AFAIK the only 'exploit' ever found to get crazy amounts of anything was the twitch drop fiasco where DE accidentally gave out dozens of exilus adapters for watching that one devstream.

No, there've been plenty.

Last event had one, albeit with lower stakes, which allowed players to instantly kill demolysts irrespective of level, which players could use to gain far more points to top the leaderboards. There was also the ultra-fast MR exploit a while back that got N00Blshowtek banned. And yes, the twitch drop one.

39 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

No, there've been plenty.

Last event had one, albeit with lower stakes, which allowed players to instantly kill demolysts irrespective of level, which players could use to gain far more points to top the leaderboards. There was also the ultra-fast MR exploit a while back that got N00Blshowtek banned. And yes, the twitch drop one.

Demolysts die easily anyway, so that's a pretty minor exploit that doesn't get you much in actual rewards, and nobody cares about leaderboards; that's why I specifically said there haven't been any crazy exploits. Though the MR one was very crazy, I forgot about that.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

Demolysts die easily anyway, so that's a pretty minor exploit that doesn't get you much in actual rewards, and nobody cares about leaderboards; that's why I specifically said there haven't been any crazy exploits. Though the MR one was very crazy, I forgot about that.

It's true that the Demolyst one wasn't that crazy, but it was tied to leaderboards remember, so people were dealing with level 1000+ enemies like this. And whilst Hostile Mergers didn't have any big rewards associated with it, it very much could have. An exploit of the same caliber for Scarlet Spear is probably what DE are concerned about.

Just now, Loza03 said:

it was tied to leaderboards remember

Nobody cares about leaderboards, remember. I have six thousand hours played and I couldn't even tell you where they are in the game. I think the last time I saw one was five years ago.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

An exploit of the same caliber for Scarlet Spear is probably what DE are concerned about.

It's not unreasonable to be concerned about that, but I think they've gone about addressing it in a very misguided way. Not only is it demotivating for players (at least for me), it also shows a lack of confidence in their own work (which is admittedly justified given their history, but still, it's not a good look). There are better ways.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Traumtulpe:
Spoiler

So after plunging headfirst into the ground missions, and getting 1500 points from 14 waves with my teammates dying left and right to the end, I was able to afford a single Arcane. One of 21 needed to get the max level of that particular Arcane.

I had hoped to get several max level Arcanes by the end of this event, but the acquisition rate, and the fact that future Arcanes are going to be vastly more expensive than the current ones even, made me visit the forum in search of what I might be doing wrong.

It took me a while to find it, but apparently there is some sort of bonus that can be achieved - if you know what to do, and play efficiently. Simply doing the missions will get you none of that. So to the best of my knowledge the thing to do is the following (please correct anything wrong):

• Stay on the same Flotilla
  • Earn 5000 Scarlet Credits during the current period (3 hours)
  • Have other people kill the remaining x/100 Murex (but not before you have earned 5000 SC!)(but before the 3 hours pass!)

If you manage to create these specific circumstances, that don't entirely seem to be in your hands, you are rewarded with 10000 bonus SCs, tripling your earnings. There are lower tier rewards that you may be eligible for, should you fail to get 5000 SCs before all 100 Murex are depleted.

If this is correct so far, it is my impression that this (unfortunately) makes just playing the missions quite undesirable. If the situation isn't perfect, if there isn't enough time left to get 5000 SCs, if you get bad teams (or incomplete teams), you may as well not bother.

Again, as I wasn't entirely clear on this bonus system, please correct any misunderstandings I might have.

yes you are correct. i'll add the other 2 ranks.

1000 points(ground or space) = rank 1  > 2000 credits

3000 points(ground or space) = rank 2 > 6000 credits

so the aim should be always, at least, 1000 points from one of the mission types, to be able to gain the bonus.

did someone test if doing 1k space and 1k ground in the same flotilla will result in 2 mails ( 2k credits for each rank 1 in both mission types)?

Also, if possible, play in a full squad! Every deployed OpLink will increase the progress speed of the kill codes by 25%.

Edited by imbressive

22 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

So just hanging around in the flotilla scores you bonus points? Who thought that was a great idea?

No, what made you think so? You earn points from mission, but those points are on a "per Flotilla" basis. You want to earn points on a single Flotilla to be eligible for the higher bonus rewards, and (perhaps more importantly) to speed up the Flotillas progress, since there won't be any bonus at all unless all it's missions are exhausted within the 3 hour time limit.

My suggestion is grind and don't buy anything. I'm hoping DE realizes they screwed up big time with those ridiculous prices, so im going to keep doing the event, but i wont spend a single credit until they reduce the prices (or until the event is about to end, whatever happens first)

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

No, what made you think so? You earn points from mission, but those points are on a "per Flotilla" basis. You want to earn points on a single Flotilla to be eligible for the higher bonus rewards, and (perhaps more importantly) to speed up the Flotillas progress, since there won't be any bonus at all unless all it's missions are exhausted within the 3 hour time limit.

So are we expected to write down which flotilla we've been contributing on? I just left the relay to buy the nova skin and can't remember which one I was just on. I've tried joining a friend only to have that relay be full.

This isn't intuitive and it's not explained whatsoever. Returning players are even more lost unless they go read the patchnotes for the last six months.