Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So with DE looking into abilities that heal defense target

36 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

On a scale from 1-10 how likely are we to completely lose the ability to heal defense targets?

I'd like to believe DE will not do that at all as they've always been reasonable and we can explain to them the cons of removing healing.

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

Maybe you will actually have to DEFEND the target better than heal it.

Charming logic. Is recovering from damage not a part of protecting something? DE is actively removing tools for us to use and you're up in arms about the community being upset by this? Various methods of cheesing the defense target's protection already existed, the healing was just an added bonus as a failsafe. Are you really going to tell me that 42 Frost Bubbles on a single point is somehow failing to defend the target? Or perhaps you're attempting to indicate that using any abilities with AOE CC (Khora's Strangledome, Hydroid's Swarm, anything Limbo) is somehow not legit.

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Maybe not. But with the limbo nerf to sentients, and not being able to heal defense objectives, frost won't be sharing the spotlight anymore. 

Which is fine, there are a selection of frames that can defend and that is a good thing. Having options is better than one frame to do it all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Having options is better than one frame to do it all.

Except that's not what's happening here? DE is actively removing the options to use in place of or alongside Frost. This feels very much like a case of "First they came for Limbo. I said nothing because I wasn't a Limbo main. Then they came for healing the defense targets, and I said nothing because I could heal the defense targets."

If you think your snowglobe is immune from DE turning it into a glorified soap bubble in terms of durability, I beg you to reconsider, because this is hardly the first time, nor the last, that DE has nor will punish players for playing with their Frames the way they designed them to be played.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Maybe you will actually have to DEFEND the target better than heal it.

>you cant heal the target. That makes it too easy!

>but you can co ahead and completely remove any chance of the enemy actually being able to harm the target with limbo or frost.

Perfect DE logic.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Theseus_Twelve said:

Charming logic. Is recovering from damage not a part of protecting something? DE is actively removing tools for us to use and you're up in arms about the community being upset by this? Various methods of cheesing the defense target's protection already existed, the healing was just an added bonus as a failsafe. Are you really going to tell me that 42 Frost Bubbles on a single point is somehow failing to defend the target? Or perhaps you're attempting to indicate that using any abilities with AOE CC (Khora's Strangledome, Hydroid's Swarm, anything Limbo) is somehow not legit.

Yet another example of DE releasing something and then deciding it wasnt supposed to work that way months/years later. 

Id like to point out something people seem to have missed. 
Gara has an augment, that augment allows you to heal using her 2.
Venari lost her ability to heal the defense target, while not doing anything else, and being a very unreliable healer
Gara can shield as many targets as her duration allows and heal them, while refreshing it with her 4
Khora cant reliably mitigate damage on the target, because her cage taunts other targets not stop damage
Gara can prevent 90% of incoming damage to defense target, after her wall was broken
Khora has became obsolete as she cant even grab sentients using her 4 anymore
DE has proven us that their thinking process is DElayed, by thinking that Fixing a functionality of ability we had in ages is a FIX, that they point out is a function we were intended to use as its part of the tool tips in game. Vazarin losing its healing is like removing Energy dash from Zenurik, and I'm sure DE will do it, because they want to reinforce the DElayed mindset they have. unknown.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Theseus_Twelve said:

Except that's not what's happening here? DE is actively removing the options to use in place of or alongside Frost. This feels very much like a case of "First they came for Limbo. I said nothing because I wasn't a Limbo main. Then they came for healing the defense targets, and I said nothing because I could heal the defense targets."

If you think your snowglobe is immune from DE turning it into a glorified soap bubble in terms of durability, I beg you to reconsider, because this is hardly the first time, nor the last, that DE has nor will punish players for playing with their Frames the way they designed them to be played.

Except nothing is being removed, just diminishing returns on repeated use of the ability on the same targets. Bubbles for a very long time now have had the ability to pop (and under intense fire do pop if not watched with care) The Heals likely hasn't been a issue to worry about till here is a event where a cat licking a uplink isn't what was intended to happen and has prompted a winder look at abilities affecting defense targets. Ive always found it a odd quirk that people could with some abilities heal a target, never bothered to invest in it. People have obviously and have gotten a little too attached to the fact that they can and cant adapt.

Edited by AzureTerra
  • Like 1

Limbo gets slapped for doing the thing he was designed to do

Everyone else gets off Scott free

Then they nerf def objective healing

I am pretty convinced DE nerfs on reaction and not on an actual case structure at all.  The SEE something and discuss ways to get rid of it or they HEAR the loud clamoring of the player base and nerf on reaction.

Why can Gara/Frost/ Vauban do limbos job better than him unabated almost constantly with far less efforts or thought required and rewarded more for it? 

This design structure is incredibly stupid.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Ive always found it a odd quirk that people could with some abilities heal a target, never bothered to invest in it. People have obviously and have gotten a little too attached to the fact that they can and cant adapt.

I fail to see the problem with an ability doing what it's own in-game description says it does. 

• Like 7