Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great job on Scarlet Spear DE

(XBOX)Papa Requiem

I have been really enjoying scarlet spear! The thrill of pushing my builds to the limit to see how quickly I can get waves done, pushing hard on a relay with an hour and fifteen minutes from less than 10 Murex defeated to nearly getting all of them has been some of the best content I've played in a while. My buddies and I have been having a freaking blast! I know there were a lot of issues on PC at launch but I haven't encountered a single bug. The only thing I could suggest improving is matchmaking. Trying to go in and PUG a squad without using recruiting chat ends up with you in a solo squad most of the time but aside from that 9/10 event DE. Well done. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, MPonder said:

Your builds are probably pretty bad if you feel pushed by that.

Sure, because only the meta is good, and if you don't do meta, or worse, think for yourself instead of copying builds from the internet, you're a loser... Christ, just let people enjoy things.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, (XB1)Papa Requiem said:

I have been really enjoying scarlet spear! The thrill of pushing my builds to the limit to see how quickly I can get waves done, pushing hard on a relay with an hour and fifteen minutes from less than 10 Murex defeated to nearly getting all of them has been some of the best content I've played in a while. My buddies and I have been having a freaking blast! I know there were a lot of issues on PC at launch but I haven't encountered a single bug. The only thing I could suggest improving is matchmaking. Trying to go in and PUG a squad without using recruiting chat ends up with you in a solo squad most of the time but aside from that 9/10 event DE. Well done. 

Luke Skywalker GIF by Star Wars

Someone who likes Scarlet Spear? WHAT?! Impossible, i thought we were supposed to hate it.

But i wonder how a poll of "how much would you rate Scarlet Spear 1-10" would look like depending on the platform.

Will the consoles have higher scores for Scarlet Spear because they were delivered newest fixes at launch?

Will the pcs be forever tainted with the bad reception at launch of Scarlet Spear?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Sure, because only the meta is good, and if you don't do meta, or worse, think for yourself instead of copying builds from the internet, you're a loser... Christ, just let people enjoy things.

Well, honestly the best thing for space missions right now, even solo, is definetly not meta, which is nice for a change.

Baruuk can make space missions a breeze and i saw him like once in scarlet spear relay.

• Like 3

Its definitely smoother now (even on PC) after weeks of bugs and problems.

Earlier it was broken and tedious, its no longer the case.

Problem is its already more than 2 weeks old so its gotten just plain boring now and those that wanted the arcanes have already gotten it.

So the amount of people that will enjoy it is very limited n PC ,

I am glad our console brothers and sisters are enjoying it at least.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

Will the consoles have higher scores for Scarlet Spear because they were delivered newest fixes at launch?

Will the pcs be forever tainted with the bad reception at launch of Scarlet Spear?

This is actually an interesting topic! Do people change their bad attitudes when the factors causing their initial attitude changed? In 35 days, no less? (Because it happened to No Man's Sky, but they had more time.)

This actually could be the topic for a psychology paper. 

• Like 1

as a fellow PC beta tester (yes i endured the crazy rebalancing and all the funny missing buggy stuff in the last few patches), i would say i do enjoy SS now. It is relatively easy to gain credits and with that I have already maxed out a couple of arcanes, bought the both weapons, and now looking to buy all the other not so important stufff. SS give me and my grinding partner a chance to test builds and warframes to see how they fare in above lvl 150 enemy situations and its pretty fun overall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highresist said:

I mean, yeah, or are you going to argue that Mag, or something, is good in this event. Meta is meta for a reason, because it's better than the other options.

This is true! If someone does not play following the meta though, that doesn't mean they play a game wrong. There is only one way to play a game wrong - if you don't have fun, or try to take away other people's fun!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This is true! If someone does not play following the meta though, that doesn't mean they play a game wrong. There is only one way to play a game wrong - if you don't have fun, or try to take away other people's fun!

You can't read right? Who said play meta or watch youtubers? I knew 3 Warframes that was good on Ground squad after one run as soon the event come up (Limbo, Mesa, A DPS for Condrix), for Murex was much more easier since I solod all Railjack missions, sorry if you still need Youtubers to discover what is good on the event and to do builds, I pass that points long time ago.

Just saying that if your having trouble in an event with 150 max level enemies after status change and enemies scaling, your builds are bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I mostly have the luck joining people who don't trivialize the missions and it's fun as hell.

With the amount of grind required to obtain at least one of each set of the more popular arcanes, it's a choice of either meta speedruns or getting burned out by the grind. 

Let's say you're running a meta team for Ground and doing 17 Condrix scans in 20 minutes, then hopping flotillas. That's roughly 12300 points assuming every flotilla you visited did reach their Murex quota. In that case, what you need/want at pretty much bare minimum is:

1) A set of Arcane Energize for all your channeled ability frames - 84,000

2) Grace for tanky frames - 84,000

3) Guardian for squishies - 31,500

4) Aegis for shield-based builds and that poor Mag - 42,000

5) Avenger for all those low-crit weapons - 42,000

6) Strike for some slower melees - 31,500

7) Velocity for any auto-trigger secondaries and of course, Mesa - 31,500

8] Healing for total Rad proc immunity - 31,500

9) Resistance for total Toxin immunity - 31,500

10) Nullifier for Magnetic procs - 21,000

Total: 430,500 or 35 Condrix runs at 20 minutes each. Almost 12 hours of non-stop speedruns - assuming a good meta team and the fact that you don't want any of the mastery fodder, cosmetics or stance formas or the non-essential arcanes. Dunno about you, but in a scenario where I did not have those arcanes already  I'd totally go meta here and MAYBE start doing casual runs after those 430k points. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This is actually an interesting topic! Do people change their bad attitudes when the factors causing their initial attitude changed? In 35 days, no less? (Because it happened to No Man's Sky, but they had more time.)

This actually could be the topic for a psychology paper. 

Objectively evaluating the SS content, from a polished bug-free version? here's my version:

- in both missions it's just a mobile defense, nothing original from what we have been playing in the past 7 years: stay in place and kill whatever comes close. No new challenge, apart from memorizing the spawn locations of the Condrixs. The Railjack part is just a taxi. Higher level bullet sponges are not a challenge, just a difficulty gimmick (same as Wolf oF Saturn Six). Zero innovation over an already boring copy-pasted game-mode.

- squad link, for now, is pointless: it has no practical positive effect on the gameplay, while it has one detrimental effect on the space squads, that many times have to wait without progressing. Overall, it's just a psychological pat on the shoulder, or a placebo. DE managed to get it work, and maybe in the future it will find an actual purpose, but for now it has one negative effect and zero positives. Unclear innovation, for now more problematic than useful.

- Rewards are good and honestly priced, but they are not content. After finishing with the two weapons and the collection of arcanes, there is nothing interesting in going on. If  "i liked SS and the rewards were cool, but after collecting them it starts to be a little bit repetitive and boring" you are not playing to enjoy the content, you are just playing for the reward. And that's not healty, nor a good game design. Moreover, only 2 new weapons and a new, questionably useful, forma. The rest is recycled with a smart and despicable marketing move, based on invalidating our previous arcane max ranks to generate demand and inflate participation. 

Overall vote 4.5/10

Edited by DebrisFlow
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Just saying that if your having trouble in an event with 150 max level enemies after status change and enemies scaling, your builds are bad.

At this point I'm assuming you're just here to pick a fight. Sorry, my bad actually, should have noticed right away. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPonder said:

You "assume" too much on what you read, that's the problem.

Okay, let's go all the way back, and let me rephrase.

3 hours ago, MPonder said:

Your builds are probably pretty bad if you feel pushed by that.

You can criticise DE all the way you want. Why not? After all, Scarlet Spear is really not that creative, as someone else said about, it's basically a glorified mobile defence. But why telling people off because they are having fun? They're obviously more casual than yourself, but why is that a problem? Let me help, it's not. Don't try to ruin someone else's mood just because they're having fun with something you don't.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

Objectively evaluating the SS content, from a polished bug-free version? here's my version:

- in both missions it's just a mobile defense, nothing original from what we have been playing in the past 7 years: stay in place and kill whatever comes close. No new challenge, apart from memorizing the spawn locations of the Condrixs. The Railjack part is just a taxi. Higher level bullet sponges are not a challenge, just a difficulty gimmick (same as Wolf oF Saturn Six). Zero innovation over an already boring copy-pasted game-mode.

- squad link, for now, is pointless: it has no practical positive effect on the gameplay, while it has one detrimental effect on the space squads, that many times have to wait without progressing. Overall, it's just a psychological pat on the shoulder, or a placebo. DE managed to get it work, and maybe in the future it will find an actual purpose, but for now it has one negative effect and zero positives. Unclear innovation, for now more problematic than useful.

- Rewards are good and honestly priced, but they are not content. After finishing with the two weapons and the collection of arcanes, there is nothing interesting in going on. If  "i liked SS and the rewards were cool, but after collecting them it starts to be a little bit repetitive and boring" you are not playing to enjoy the content, you are just playing for the reward. And that's not healty, nor a good game design. Moreover, only 2 new weapons and a new, questionably useful, forma. The rest is recycled with a smart and despicable marketing move, based on invalidating our previous arcane max ranks to generate demand and inflate participation. 

Overall vote 4.5/10

my feelings exactly. it's essentially a sentient mobile defense with increasing enemy levels. the only reason i'm doing the event is for the guaranteed arcanes (because i hate eidolons and rng drops more than this), not how enjoyable the event is. i was kinda looking forward to being able to farm my arcanes initially, but the piss-poor start of the event with all the flotilla problems and bugs has made me only log in to play a couple of rounds then go to other games. at least they extended the event for another week as "compensation".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Savire510 said:

Luke Skywalker GIF by Star Wars

Someone who likes Scarlet Spear? WHAT?! Impossible, i thought we were supposed to hate it.

But i wonder how a poll of "how much would you rate Scarlet Spear 1-10" would look like depending on the platform.

The general gameplay for the 2 missions themselves is engaging.  The enemies aren't made of paper, and except for one specific enemy (#*!%ing Battalysts) don't deal such obscene damage that it feels unbalanced.  While there are "best" choices for loadout/team comp, as long as the squad actually gears for the mission (you can't all sit in Inaros while no one is is providing any kind of CC or defense, you selfish bastards.) the mission is still easily doable.  That one is actually a first for DE I think.  While you kind of need to have support and CC frames, you're not relegated to literally one specific team comp.  

The problem is that it's...  Literally 2 missions on repeat.  Space is actually far easier AND faster in my experience and if the leaderboards are anything to go by, a solid space squad will get WAY more points than a ground squad in the same amount of time even though the ground squad is putting in more work.  That makes zero sense to me.  Space is completely reliant on there being more ground than space squads, ground is more time and work, and yet there's less incentive to do it.  The last time I ran space I ended up with over 20,000 points on the board (not including the bonus.) by the time the flotilla capped out.  I got more points than the combined squad members of the top 2 ground teams, yet I needed those ground teams to stay ground or I would have been twiddling my thumbs.  I usually run ground, because ground is always short for this exact reason, and I've never gotten close to 20k points by the time a flotilla capped and always felt like I did far more work than had I gone space the whole time.  On top of all that, the event is dropping Liths and Mesos for fighting level 120+ enemies.  

• Like 2

Weird, this topic is not poping up on GD for me.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

You can criticise DE all the way you want. Why not? After all, Scarlet Spear is really not that creative, as someone else said about, it's basically a glorified mobile defence. But why telling people off because they are having fun? They're obviously more casual than yourself, but why is that a problem? Let me help, it's not. Don't try to ruin someone else's mood just because they're having fun with something you don't.

Kind yes actually. Not about the "having fun" part. But about praising a xit Event, you see, DE is getting away by just adding StarChart repetition missions with grind+rewards done in a horrible way for a lot of time. And a lot of this, it is because community praise DE so hard for every xit they do. Thank god it is finally changing.

When you come to GD, and post on GD, expect people to not agree with you or accept what you say, simple as that.

Edited by MPonder

45 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Weird, this topic is not poping up on GD for me

Yes, seems like a moderator moved it to Feedback/General.

47 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Kind yes actually. Not about the "having fun" part. But about praising a xit Event, you see, DE is getting away by just adding StarChart repetition missions with grind+rewards done in a horrible way for a lot of time. And a lot of this, it is because community praise DE so hard for every xit they do. Thank god it is finally changing

Wasn't it always like this though? I can't say anything about raids, those have been taken down before I got the skills to participate. But I've been playing for more or less 4 years, and Warframe always seemed to be a kind of mindless shooter game. People say it changed for the worse, but did it though? It was always fun, but pretty repetitive, the kind of game you have to take breaks from, from time to time, because it gets boring. I only wish New War to be finished with a cinematic quest - those play a great part in keeping Warframe interesting for me.

59 minutes ago, MPonder said:

When you come to GD, and post on GD, expect people to not agree with you or accept what you say, simple as that.

You know what they say... But what they say is not tolerated by the rules of this forum unfortunately. So finish the sentence from the meme: "You're not wrong, you're just an..."

15 hours ago, (XB1)Papa Requiem said:

I just wish they removed the stupid cap from the bonus credits. Instead of rewarding you, all the cap does is make it more relevant to do 1 run per Flotilla and jump to another Flotilla immediatelly.

They could also nerf Sentients damage (they 1 shot pretty much anything that isn't a tank), and remove their damage caps. Then the event would be 100% perfect.

• Like 1