Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be honest, how many of you don't know this yet?

whitefurr

Assuming is the gear wheel with bunch of stuff you set items in? known it since i had a habit of checking control settings when jumping into new games. keybinded it to Q while each item in sequence binded all to Numpad for quick use.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya

I had to remap the chatbox button from the T key to the Z key because half the time I try to hack into consoles and want to use ciphers, I accidentally hit the T button, opening the chatbox.

Then, also by force of habit, I press the ESC button to close the chatbox... which also closes the console hack minigame. Which triggers the alarms.

Yep.

Why the Z key? Because it's easier to reach with my left hand, which oftentimes is just moving my ring finger from A to Z. With T, I'd probably have to stretch my index finger a bit from D to T.

Can't remember when I first realized it, though. I know for a fact I did not play this game already knowing this.

Or just read the frickin prompt on the screen when hacking?

Seriously, why do people never read? It's annoying me more than it should when people basically just skip the tutorial and then complain about not knowing things. Read, damn it!

Edited by o0Despair0o

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Or just read the frickin prompt on the screen when hacking?

Seriously, why do people never read? It's annoying me more than it should when people basically just skip the tutorial and then complain about not knowing things. Read, damn it!

WIz0D0p.jpg

I mean...

Hrm, guess I've been missing an obvious key-prompt for 26MR levels. That's totally sarcastic.  Maybe the reason why this thread is a hot topic is because it is in fact common.  Also back in my day we didn't have these new fangled tutorials, we had to run to extractions and use axes for walking sticks.

• Like 2

yeah... considering there is no indication on the hack screen, nothing in the keybind menu, and if you assign cipher to a gear hotkey and try to use it while hacking nothing happens.....I would assume quite a lot of people don't know this. I did not, thanks for the info

• Like 1

It takes about 4 seconds tops to do a Grineer hack because it's purely timing, maybe a couple extra for Corpus to eyeball the layout so you know where to start twirling them tiles.

I know the hotkey, but I don't know if I've ever actually bothered to make a cipher, Razorback aside.

What a pointless crutch.

I'll take my Auto Breach mod though, at least that's convenient and not much else but Untraceable is worth slotting on Parazons anyway.

On 2020-04-14 at 1:14 PM, Talinthis said:

i found it by accident about a year ago but i didnt find out until recently that there is no keybinding in the game that actually tells you that Y is used for something, at least that i can find.

I knoooow I'm actually asking around if there are perhaps things I don't know yet.

On 2020-04-14 at 9:19 PM, Zebiko said:

I thought it says that under the hacking terminal? 

We probably miss an added key binding to us vet players. I mean some key bindings are hard coded that you can't change it. My Y key for example is my gear 4 which deploys a pizza. I discovered it by accident when I pressed the wrong key.

On 2020-04-15 at 9:30 AM, Sleepdebt said:

yeah... considering there is no indication on the hack screen, nothing in the keybind menu, and if you assign cipher to a gear hotkey and try to use it while hacking nothing happens.....I would assume quite a lot of people don't know this. I did not, thanks for the info

I just recently ask a few people who knows programming. The Y key is hardcoded to the system so even if you use the Y key for other stuff like gears, actions, etc. On the hacking UI pressing Y still auto use the cipher tool. 🙂 The more you knoooow. :3

On 2020-04-15 at 1:12 PM, Bl00dRedRage said:

Don't blame you for not knowing. Warframe buries everything in the codex. I only learned about it unintentionally from reading the forum.

I know what you mean. It is the same with the Infested Helmith charger. Bringing Nidus with the doggy. If the infestation charge reaches around 60+ the helminth's body on default skin. That infested helminth's body opens up same with Nidus and it grows stronger. The Codex doesn't tell you this or tutorial. XD

15 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Awesome, I did not know this, thanks for the PSA!

My mouse moves so slooow in the WF UI, this will help me a lot!

Especially if you are with new palyers on a spy mission then they accidentally trigger the alarm XD You panic hacking haha.

14 hours ago, Firetempest said:

What's sad is it's a lot faster than the auto hack chance mod and cyphers so cheap you may as well never use the mod.

especially with the new 100x cipher charge you can build in the forge now. ❤️