The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst mechanics In Warframe

il y a 9 minutes, (PS4)Viveeeh a dit :

Interesting. Maybe worth a big report?

I've never noticed my warframe getting hurt while in operator mode, and I'm usually using the operator for reviving fallen teammates, so in situations when enemies deal considerable damage. My Nova should definitely go down while I'm reviving someone under a battalyst playing disco ball, in case she's not invulnerable. Never paid much attention though. The fact that all this happens on the same platform is interesting too. Maybe a host/client thing?

A funny side note to this, while your warframe is vulnerable, he still retain some of his automatic functions, like auto parry if you have melee equipped (without melee lock), it even triggers Guardian Derision. Which can make for some funny operator play, even if it wouldn't work with battalyst lasers.

• Like 2

Eximus units that I can't even see draining my health/energy through a wall.

Sensor bars above Grineer doors draining my energy.

Ancient Disruptors draining my energy. (Can you tell that i don't use Zenurik?)

Ancient hookshot ability being next to impossible to avoid, unless you just happen to be rolling at exactly the right time.

Immediate timer start when entering the jail on Sortie Rescue missions, particularly Kuva Fortress and Lua.

Grineer Bolkor gunships in PoE

Trying to work out WTH is killing me on PoE (see above)

Host Migrations

Hema requiring ludicrous amounts of Mutagen Samples to research

I'm sure there's a lot more but I can't think of them right now.

• Like 3

Cycle abilities (Quiver, Minelayer etc) being far too slow to use for the pace of the game.

Imo, I'd like it like this: Tap the abilty once to open up a little menu, tap 1 - 4 to cast the one of the cycle ability's various choices.

Deeper explanation of the idea here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1186958-quiver-and-minelayer-like-abilities-a-new-casting-option-the-quick-access-numerical-menu/?tab=comments#comment-11519968

• Like 8

Least favorite has to be how enemy mechanics work. They're dumb and just swarm. It would be nice if the Diablo model could be adapted where you have enemies you don't care about and the enemies that are actually a challenge scattered throughout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

Least favorite has to be how enemy mechanics work. They're dumb and just swarm. It would be nice if the Diablo model could be adapted where you have enemies you don't care about and the enemies that are actually a challenge scattered throughout.

We kinda have that though. Fighting corrupted? Better be prioritising those ancients that are in the middle of mobs. Eximus units too as they usually cause mischief.

Anyway, my list of mechanics I'm not keen on.

Rivens: nuff said by other people.

Hook shots: looking at you ancients/scorpions.

Grineer commanders and their switch teleport that as often as not happens from different rooms. They can go under something unpleasant into an orifice of their choice. If theres several of them in close proximity then it really is crap dipped in misery.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

We kinda have that though. Fighting corrupted? Better be prioritising those ancients that are in the middle of mobs. Eximus units too as they usually cause mischief.

Anyway, my list of mechanics I'm not keen on.

Rivens: nuff said by other people.

Hook shots: looking at you ancients/scorpions.

Grineer commanders and their switch teleport that as often as not happens from different rooms. They can go under something unpleasant into an orifice of their choice. If theres several of them in close proximity then it really is crap dipped in misery.

I meant more like... Grineer Manics. I want those few enemies to feel more like I'm dueling someone. Liches have that silly parazon system. Stalker is fun though (unless you bug his AI).

I remember fighting the Hyena pack years ago after that update. They were so mobile, agile, and then some. It felt like they were bestial proto-warframes and I had fun fighting them.

I wish there were regular enemies like that every now and then. Or even better, a handful of strong enemies like that per spawn group instead of 20 grunts.

• Like 3

Stasis came to mind immediatly or rather how annoying it makes changing companions and having loadouts with different companions. Literally the reason I use the Smeeta 99% of the time if I use a companion - it's the one not in the freezer.

But hey, since two years every now and then they at least talked about changing it.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Stasis came to mind immediatly or rather how annoying it makes changing companions and having loadouts with different companions. Literally the reason I use the Smeeta 99% of the time if I use a companion - it's the one not in the freezer.

But hey, since two years every now and then they at least talked about changing it.

Aren't they removing stasis slots soon?

Personally, I'd be fine with a quest that removes the pet degrading health. Just a special add-on or something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Extreme Gear Checks (World Bosses), Rivens RNG (Acquisition and Rerolling), ESO Efficiency drain making nuke frames a must, Affinity system (Encourages leeching), Defense Missions.

Oh yea, love my Vazarin Affinity Range lol.

We do need an ESO without a timer, though. Or without efficiency. Just a place that gets harder and harder and more overwhelming. A beautifully hardcore place with an increased spawn rate!

• Like 3

vor 49 Minuten schrieb AshenHaze:

Aren't they removing stasis slots soon?

Personally, I'd be fine with a quest that removes the pet degrading health. Just a special add-on or something.

They should just handle it as they do with MOAs and sentinels. Rename the stasis slots into companion slots so they can keep all the montization and breeding mechanics if they want and otherwise you can select one to run around on the ship with it (including not matured ones - which I recall some people asking for in the past), but choose any at any given time for your loadouts, like MOAs or sentinels.

The pet health degrading is also a useless mechanic it serves no porpuse other than being annoying. It also isn't an effective credit sink either with how low the costs for stabilizers are. It just should be removed by default.

As I said, they talked about changing stasis for like 2 years. At this point I only believe it if I see it in the patch notes.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb DrivaMain:

Extreme Gear Checks (World Bosses), Rivens RNG (Acquisition and Rerolling), ESO Efficiency drain making nuke frames a must, Affinity system (Encourages leeching), Defense Missions.

Oh boy! The holy trinity of bad mechanics. Well... it's five... but... Anyways, all of them are high up there. An exquisite selection!

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, STUVash said:

Reminder: Title thread is : Worst Mechanics in Warframe. Followed by OP message :

Most of points you tried to get out are key elements, it's like you're trying to circle the whole game like you said at the beginning of your post. You even hinted at the fact you dislike how the story is being handled.

Well damn. I'm curious to hear about the parts you actually love now.

Key elements and a lot of systems are made up for gambling. 

What I like in this game is the environment because despite it is a budget game there are good designs and interesting parts on maps but also there are silly invisible walls or limitations.

I like the warframes in general and their design, however a bit sad they did not went for the gender options. Most mmo games does not gender lock classes but this game had no real direction and basically in the end of closed beta pushed the single frame - single identity idea.

I lke the gunfights aswell and beign semi immortal. Most weapons sounds nice and there are some beautiful weapons to choose from but there are also a lot of items what not really got variations.

The mission types are okay and I like the variety but could be more is always a go to for me.

Some core story elements and entries are interesting but everything is sadly handled by DE as DE does. Let it rot years then go for it once everyone forgot it. They do have this behavior which costs jobs here where I live. This is a luxury not to finish something and DE often doing this. It took them years to buff for example the status mods but even that buff is still not enough for most weapons. 

What I like mostly which catched me years ago is the potential of the game to become something interesting but the game is defy with this potential and never really grows up, like a child who have his/her own idea of life but the parents think otherwise. If the devs and chinese overlords think a little bit then they give the game a direction to go for and not making fragments which has no meaning at all. 

I personally think this game could improve here and there but it needs a full revisit and change of direction to become a game which not losing too many players but gives them fun hours without time-money gating. You personally what like about the game? You asked me and here is some what I likes.

• Like 11

il y a une heure, Sziklamester a dit :

You personally what like about the game? You asked me and here is some what I likes.

Was interesting to hear. Me I pretty much enjoy every aspects of it. While I also have a hard time seeing where we're going, every updates we had was decent to me.
Sure it might not have been what I originally wanted, but everytime there's more on the table. Then I can check it and see what I can do with it in the game, so far it has been quite enjoyable even if I had to find the answers to most questions myself.

I find most aspects of the game quite poetic, while we're not told everything, it's clear that we have alot to see within the game. It's definitely a unique experience and not as random as some might think.
The game improved, is improving, and will improve again. I suppose I too might have yelled in a few posts if some updates were truly disappointing to me. Didn't happen yet.

I like the story, the designs, sometimes I stumble on sound effects I really appreciate, I like the freedom we're being given on pretty much every corner of the game. I like the fast pace movements. I like the fact we have so many stuff to do in the game, it's pretty much like having many games in one game at this point. There's always something to test, something to try. Next time I play, I'm going to explore Oberon some more, and Sobek. This "Acid Shells" mod is quite intriguing.
I'm excited for next Nightwave too, cutscenes and dialogues were cool but if I can interact with them, it's even better to me.

Back on you for a bit, you can most likely get a male or female look with all your frames. Hide the chest with armor if you want to make a female body into male, change equipment, change animation, you can play with attachment, skin, and colors. I don't do that myself, but I know people that do.
Like they put Garuda animation set on a tenno gen Oberon, I thought it was female enough to me, in fact I didn't recognize Oberon at first.

The warframes are pretty much armor sets if you really want to draw comparisons to other mmos. Your character is the operator, that's the one where you can specifically choose gender, and voice. For the warframes you jut have to customize it until it look like what you want.

Edited by STUVash
  • Like 9

Junction system. Not because the newcomers should not learn first but because it restrics the freedom of movement at some point. Mastery rank needs some tweaks to become more interesting and meaningful.

Other than this I think the companions ( kept them beign dumb and weak ).

Shrieeeeeeek.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, STUVash said:

Was interesting to hear. Me I pretty much enjoy every aspects of it. While I also have a hard time seeing where we're going, every updates we had was decent to me.
Sure it might not have been what I originally wanted, but everytime there's more on the table. Then I can check it and see what I can do with it in the game, so far it has been quite enjoyable even if I had to find the answers to most questions myself.

I find most aspects of the game quite poetic, while we're not told everything, it's clear that we have alot to see within the game. It's definitely a unique experience and not as random as some might think.
The game improved, is improving, and will improve again. I suppose I too might have yelled in a few posts if some updates were truly disappointing to me. Didn't happen yet.

I like the story, the designs, sometimes I stumble on sound effects I really appreciate, I like the freedom we're being given on pretty much every corner of the game. I like the fast pace movements. I like the fact we have so many stuff to do in the game, it's pretty much like having many games in one game at this point. There's always something to test, something to try. Next time I play, I'm going to explore Oberon some more, and Sobek. This "Acid Shells" mod is quite intriguing.
I'm excited for next Nightwave too, cutscenes and dialogues were cool but if I can interact with them, it's even better to me.

Back on you for a bit, you can most likely get a male or female look with all your frames. Hide the chest with armor if you want to make a female body into male, change equipment, change animation, you can play with attachment, skin, and colors. I don't do that myself, but I know people that do.
Like they put Garuda animation set on a tenno gen Oberon, I thought it was female enough to me, in fact I didn't recognize Oberon at first.

The warframes are pretty much armor sets if you really want to draw comparisons to other mmos. Your character is the operator, that's the one where you can specifically choose gender, and voice. For the warframes you jut have to customize it until it look like what you want.

They need a game designer to make a complete enjoyement from the fragments. Most of what you wrote is fine and I agree with some parts and the fast pacing is a great thing and no other game have similar invented. Most things which prevents the better AI is partially the movement system. In the old times the game was more slower and in one point harder because of the movement system was much slower. Enemies was not smarter just our weapons dealt a lot less and the variation was much lower.

I know with armor part you can fade some part but that is not what I meant. I do not like the extra armor parts because those mostly not fit to the frames what I wish to design and I just don't feel the need to spend money on them. In the early days of the game there was some tries to make dual gender frame designs ( Nyx was mrs Excal ) Ember was male and mag have had a male counterpair but later they decided to go with a single gender "personalities".  I do not mind the way they went because this not bothered me too much. What bothered me is they added teens as main characters and I do not like their lack of customization. If they implements them in the first place and make it in a different way then I would be more acceptable with them but they are just annoying. Same with the transmissions which lack of variation and there are no choices or some minor interesting addition on it.

I am an Oberon main and he is a good frame, very much fun to play with him and he is durable. All arounder which makes him worthy to play but it is pretty much preferences. I started as Loki back in day and he is also a good frame however a bit out to date but still useful. 

• Like 15

Lockers.
Both truly love in concept, and the friggin' worst in execution. You get the same drops you'd get from containers and enemies.. so just ignore them. Open locked lockers? Nothing special, more things that you could have just gotten from enemies. Should you dare to take time out of someone's day to open lockers in public games, you're practically being a troll for wanting to explore and have some fun with the environment and level design. "You should explore all these amazing tilesets, rob the place blind, and also, GET TO EXTRACTION. 2 PLAYERS WAITING. Hurry up!! NO one has time for that!" It's super not cool to be actually wasting your time on these. They're speedbumps on a highway.. traffic is going way over the speed limit and backing up on you.. and hey, maybe I didn't sign up for the highway; I signed up for the scenic route. Look at the game, that makes sense. Look at the RNG and all or nothing mod system, though.. and they're not even the same game. I have So many questions.

Similarly, stealth and CC for fun.
..why do the standards for efficiency in ESO or survival even exist in a game with these features? Why are defenses kill all enemies, and not timed, with CC mechanics for fun? How are there no contingencies for these things to not totally and utterly fail your party and yourself in so many situations?

• Like 18