The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

scarlet spear post mortem

Jemmies

I enjoyed it, warts and all. The Murex stuff got progressively better with Intrinsics, and especially explaining stuff to a few folks. The extra Arcanes were especially nice. Would have liked to have gotten some Orbiter decoration stuff though, maybe some wall skins or statues to use beyond the base 2 we got.

Edited by HoustonDragon
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

While you were riddled with bugs at birth, your makers did their best to fix you and made you well.

While it was fun hanging out with you, it is almost time for us to part ways. You will be missed.

Are we sure about that? 🤔

If that were the case they wouldn’t have released the update in an insanely broken state and would’ve play tested it before hand.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

This is Warframe we’re talking about.

PC players are the playtesters.

To an extent we do yeah, but what about the devs? Do they actually play test their own game? I really feel like they don’t.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

To an extend we do yeah, but what about the devs? Do they actually play test their own game? I really feel like they don’t.

Nothing can compare as an live op with MILLIONS of players stress-testing your new game mode (liches, railjack and this are all new mechanics and yet people fails to understand why they were so buggy and then go "DE released 3 bad updates!!!1"). A stress testing so hard could cost millions (because testing isn't a cheap service). They sure try things out and try to balance it to internal data, isn't enough but is enough to at least log in as a player and jump on that content. That meme about "they don't play their game!" / "They don't test their content!" / "They don't know if you don't tell" is just a metric I use to see how ignorant is someone about game development.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Nothing can compare as an live op with MILLIONS of players stress-testing your new game mode (liches, railjack and this are all new mechanics and yet people fails to understand why they were so buggy and then go "DE released 3 bad updates!!!1"). A stress testing so hard could cost millions (because testing isn't a cheap service). They sure try things out and try to balance it to internal data, isn't enough but is enough to at least log in as a player and jump on that content. That meme about "they don't play their game!" / "They don't test their content!" / "They don't know if you don't tell" is just a metric I use to see how ignorant is someone about game development.

Yea exactly. You cant fully test a Dam until theres billions of tons of water behind it. Then you'll know....lol. 

• Like 4

Just now, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea exactly. You cant fully test a Dam until theres billions of tons of water behind it. Then you'll know....lol. 

This is serious? I mean, something tangible based on multiple calculations, tested experiences (it's not like a lot of dam failed on the human history... right?) and extensive comprehension about physics is the same as coding something on an engine. They both have math so are the same right?

• Like 4

I think it was one of the most rewarding events ever in Warframe. We got 2 weapons, 2 cosmetics, 3 badges, access to a bunch of arcanes and a farm for rare shedu parts and intrinsics...and people still complained it was too grindy!

i challenge anyone to name an event that showered us in more rewards. Plague star comes closest, but still cant compare to practically handing out full arcane sets that previously took years to complete. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 12

Just now, xHeretic said:

This is serious? I mean, something tangible based on multiple calculations, tested experiences (it's not like a lot of dam failed on the human history... right?) and extensive comprehension about physics is the same as coding something on an engine. They both have math so are the same right?

It was a joke, but what I mean is that a real life flooding of the content is a good way to find something that may have been overlooked.

You could hire 100 play testers but on that first day of content 10,000 people  may reveal something previously unfound.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It was a joke, but what I mean is that a real life flooding of the content is a good way to find something that may have been overlooked.

You could hire 100 play testers but on that first day of content 10,000 people  may reveal something previously unfound.

I can't tell what is a joke here anymore smh. But yeah, on a game, the more people playing it the more bugs it'll reveal. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

This is Warframe we’re talking about.

PC players are the playtesters.

Correction, PC players that bumrush content are the play testers. I like to wait a week or two before taking any update too seriously. Unless it's a story mission, I do those asap so it won't get spoiled. 

• Like 5

Scarlet Spear has actually been my favorite WF event. I only played Ground, and loved the way it iterated on core gameplay while finally giving us a chance to fight stronger enemies for bigger rewards. While I have zero personal interest in Railjack, I love that DE gave us choice. My only significant criticism would be an obtuse scoring system that really screws uninformed players.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, xHeretic said:

If I could upvote more than once.

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think it was one of the most rewarding events ever in Warframe. We got 2 weapons, 2 cosmetics, 3 badges, access to a bunch of arcanes and a farm for rare shedu parts and intrinsics...and people still complained it was too grindy!

i challenge anyone to name an event that showered us in more rewards. Plague star comes closest, but still cant compare to practically handing out full arcane sets that previously took years to complete. 

This one too.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Again, are we sure about that? Yes, the bugs are indeed inevitable regardless of what update that comes out, but you cannot tell me that the SS update was a complete mess. They tied Railjack into it which was not a wise choice of doing since Railjack isn’t even in a good spot right now. The oplink thing wasn’t as they had promised it was going to be back from Tennocon so players were bummed about that. Not only that, but they had a knee jerk reaction of nerfing Khora and Limbo because of a timed event, that shows you they don’t play test their own game since they would’ve known that when they were designing the event. Then you got the whole thing where the time invested into it wasn’t enough for the rewards that were given as well. Now yes, players are indeed going to find bugs and report them to the devs about what’s broken and what not, but a lot of this can be avoided if the devs play tested it to see if it’s broken in design or can be broken.

Seems like to me that they don’t play test their own game if you ask me. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Nakrast said:

No, you will not be, at all.

100% worst endgame addition ever 

Anyone remember when Steve on stream said New War will be for vets?

This happened when Rebecca asked about Railjack being for Mr28s

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1