Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetics exclusive to certain weapons, frames, etc that you wish were more universal

Zahnny

This thread can be about Warframe abilties, exalted reskins that are tied to the body (e.g. Excalibur Zato) weapon skin models, warframe deluxe shoulder pieces etc.

If it's a cosmetic you dislike being bound solely to a specific item or piece of equipment and wish it was more accessable, post them here.

I won't attempt to stop you if you make a suggestion that doesn't entirely make sense. Maybe it makes more sense to you than me, who am I to judge?

For me, arrow skins. I've made at least two to three threads on this in the past, but I'll quickly summerize. We only have 5 arrow skins to choose from (correct me if I'm wrong) and one consumable. 3 from an arrow pack and the other two from Baro Ki'Teer, the consumable is the Eros Arrow skin which was stated years ago to become a skin on a Devstream, but has remained a consumable ever since its introduction.

I'm not asking for DE to make more Arrow skins, the opposite actually. I think we should be able to use the Arrows from different bows and even bow skins or re-skins if we already own them. e.g. using Dread arrows on a Cernos, or vice versa. or using the arrows from the Paris Abra skin on a Daikyu

Lessar note: But if the above happens, I feel it's fair to let us use the Nikana P sugatra on other melee if you own it.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

This thread can be about Warframe abilties, exalted reskins that are tied to the body (e.g. Excalibur Zato) weapon skin models, warframe deluxe shoulder pieces etc.

If it's a cosmetic you dislike being bound solely to a specific item or piece of equipment and wish it was more accessable, post them here.

I won't attempt to stop you if you make a suggestion that doesn't entirely make sense. Maybe it makes more sense to you than me, who am I to judge?

For me, arrow skins. I've made at least two to three threads on this in the past, but I'll quickly summerize. We only have 5 arrow skins to choose from (correct me if I'm wrong) and one consumable. 3 from an arrow pack and the other two from Baro Ki'Teer, the consumable is the Eros Arrow skin which was stated years ago to become a skin on a Devstream, but has remained a consumable ever since its introduction.

I'm not asking for DE to make more Arrow skins, the opposite actually. I think we should be able to use the Arrows from different bows and even bow skins or re-skins if we already own them. e.g. using Dread arrows on a Cernos, or vice versa. or using the arrows from the Paris Abra skin on a Daikyu

Lessar note: But if the above happens, I feel it's fair to let us use the Nikana P sugatra on other melee if you own it.

Thats the same thing with armor pieces. Mag, Ember, Volt, Oberon, or some deluxes like Wukong, Excal have an unique armor pieces that would be amazing to put on in other warframes.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I just adore the Abra bow skin, it gives the Paris a mesmerising look! ❤️

Too bad it's only for the Paris and its variants, I almost never use those.

Reveal hidden contents

26285cfd82765d7469595151df437370.jpg

I'll be honest, I think I only ever used the Paris and Paris P when I first started Warframe, and that was back in late 2014.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

I'll be honest, I think I only ever used the Paris and Paris P when I first started Warframe, and that was back in late 2014.

Yeah, me too (only a bit later). I wish the Paris Prime was more viable / this skin was universal, it really is pretty, and such a shame I don't have more chance to look at it!

• Like 1

IMO cosmetics should be sorted by type, and then allowed to be used on any weapon within that category: skins should be allowed to work on both single and dual wield weapons as well. types would be:

- Rifle (any weapon using Assault Rifle ammo)

- shotgun

- Bow (Including Lenz and Bramma)

- Sniper

- Launcher/special (anythign using Sniper ammo that isn't a Sniper, such as Launchers)

- Pistol (single and dual)

- throwing weapon 

- melee (separated by Stance type).

Exalted weapons Skins come with the frame skin anyhow, so they are fine in that regard (selling all items individually wouldn't hurt though DE..).

• Like 2

Upcoming Guandao Skin needs to be useable on Zaws otherwise I'll be very sad. There're no other good sharp bladed polearm appearances than Guandao imo. 

and I wish the Galatine Claymire skin could be used on any heavy weapon including Zaws. 

I'd like the "headscarf" look from basic Ivara or (gasp) Cressa Tal or even the Corpus suit components just for the sake of faction roleplay and fashionable looks. 

Yes headscarves are fashionable in my favorite part of the world ❤️

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Still wish other Warframes could get a scarf like Excal Umbra.

Have you noticed that if you equip other frames with Umbra's animation (it's called "noble" I think), their necks just... bends in a way it shouldn't? Like it was broken. One more reason to make others able to use his scarf - if they didn't bother to make that animation look decent on frames without it, we should be able to cover up their mistake!

10 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

I wish I could use all my Zephyr tennogen on all my frames.

I wish I could use Zephyr Delux 😢

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Skins for single handed weapons that have a two handed version should just be applied for both.

And vice versa! There's only one dual pistol skin that I'm aware of that isn't the same on both pistols and that was a aklato exclusive I believe.

11 hours ago, Irhyo said:

All Diwata skins to use on normal melee weapons. They look so good yet you barely ever see them.

Had to chatlink to find out what they are as I don't play Titania much. I think they could do with fixing those previews since it doesn't display correctly.

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

IMO cosmetics should be sorted by type, and then allowed to be used on any weapon within that category: skins should be allowed to work on both single and dual wield weapons as well. types would be:

Strongly agree.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Have you noticed that if you equip other frames with Umbra's animation (it's called "noble" I think), their necks just... bends in a way it shouldn't? Like it was broken. One more reason to make others able to use his scarf - if they didn't bother to make that animation look decent on frames without it, we should be able to cover up their mistake!

I was unaware of this until now but yeah it's kinda noticable on some frames.

I've personally noticed more Ephemeras could be added to Companions that aren't added yet.

Step Ephemeras could be given to Moas, Kavats and Kubrows and there's a couple of body ephemeras the sentinels could use.

Also, K-drives have the option to apply Ephemeras but don't seem to do anything when you apply them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Also, K-drives have the option to apply Ephemeras but don't seem to do anything when you apply them.

Have to admit, I rather prefer other means of transportation, but a K-drive with step Ephemeras sounds cool!

I wanted an Operator cosmetic that I saw and figured, "Hey, I'm finally making some plat, let me buy a cosmetic to try this whole thing out and be one of those cool fashion endgamers."

After doing some digging I found out I cant even buy the cosmetic because its Vaulted with Zephyr Prime.

So I guess I'll have to wait a what.....half a year to a year for this one cosmetic that I only needed one of, that I'll have to spend 40 bucks on because of some stupid package lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I wanted an Operator cosmetic that I saw and figured, "Hey, I'm finally making some plat, let me buy a cosmetic to try this whole thing out and be one of those cool fashion endgamers."

After doing some digging I found out I cant even buy the cosmetic because its Vaulted with Zephyr Prime.

So I guess I'll have to wait a what.....half a year to a year for this one cosmetic that I only needed one of, that I'll have to spend 40 bucks on because of some stupid package lol.

Oh I know that one! That skin really looks badass, too bad I haven't payed attention to what Zaphyr's prime accessories were... Not that I could have afforded it LOL

But don't be sad, at least when it comes back, it will cost less. Re-released prime accessory packs always do (compared to how much you have to pay to buy them while they're hot).

• Like 1

Oh I have another one, entirely hopeless, it'll never happen.

I wish I could summon Oberon's Hollowed Ground with Oberon Prime! Oberon makes grass grow in the aoe radius of the ability, Oberon P. grows ferns. I prefer the grass, looks way nicer, but there's no way to switch between them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Oh I have another one, entirely hopeless, it'll never happen.

I wish I could summon Oberon's Hollowed Ground with Oberon Prime! Oberon makes grass grow in the aoe radius of the ability, Oberon P. grows ferns. I prefer the grass, looks way nicer, but there's no way to switch between them.

This except with Nekros Prime's shadows.

• Like 1