Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking Valkyr

SolarusRaven

6 years ago, Valkyr appeared before the public as a Warframe focused on gradually increasing the attacking potential in close combat. Over time, it lost this status due to the fact that Excalibur, Baruuk, and Wukong showed the greatest potential in using not only summoning weapons, but also skills at all, even with the augments Chromatic Blade, Reactive Storm, and Primal Rage, respectively. For Valkyr augment "Enraged" only deprives her of the possibility of proper use of claws and immortality, because even with a high rate of armor, it will not survive the onslaught. Among the skills used in it, only "Warcry" and "Hysteria", but the claws are weak and not suitable for use, since they are easily replaced by any weapon. People started saying that it had become extremely useless; the toxic community encourages this fact by provoking others.

Valkyr is an extremely undervalued Warframe that has been abandoned and reworked several times, and for the worse

Therefore, I suggest that you take into account the idea of the Valkyr’ rework, so that it becomes as often used as the same Mesa, or Ember with Vauban after the rework.

The first aspect is the basic parameters.

In the early stages, even beginners can't handle incoming damage without some mods, and the first skill to attack will not be very effective.

Shields can be left at the same level due to recent changes in its operation (absorbing all incoming damage without transferring to health).

The second aspect is passive ability.

It is a sure fact that for active combat, the player must stand on his feet and fall less. Not all players are able to make a roll in time after falling from a great height, so that there is no time for vulnerability to climb. But that won't be enough for Valkyr. If it was called a Berserker, it should become more dangerous during close combat.

Therefore, the passive ability is proposed to be modified, for which it is proposed to leave the effects of the old passive ability (recovery after falling/dropping 50% faster; after falling from a great height, Valkyr remains on her feet) and add some enhancements for melee, namely:

·         Damage from melee weapons and Valkyr claws will increase by 10% for each status effect (Condition Overload effect) and the chance of a critical attack will increase by 10% for a combo multiplier (Blood Rush effect).

This change will allow the Valkyr to use melee weapons at full potential and  compensate for the attacking potential of the fourth skill without the requirement of augment, as well as in view of the unavailability of such modifications for the summoned weapon as Blood Rush and Condition Overload.

The third aspect is active abilities.

The efficiency coefficient of Valkyr' abilities is extremely reduced, since the only ability for constant use is the Battle cry, and given the current orientation of Valkyr as a Warframe for solo, it is reduced to zero only to increase its own parameters, requiring constant maintenance.

The first skill - Ripline

This skill gives only mobility for rapid movement or lifting, but not for attacking, and its only property that is in doubt – Ragdoll-physics, which simply opens a window of inactivity of the enemy. This skill requires processing, it is necessary to preserve the property of mobility. It is worth Recalling the first skill of Garuda "Mirror of Despair", the first skill of Excalibur "Slash Dash" and the first skill of Atlas "Landslide", where the first offers a quick jump to the enemy with damage, and the second with the third – the use of this weapon and increase the combo counter for a corresponding increase in damage. Therefore, Isuggest:

·         Replace the cord to move by attaching to the surface on a dash to an opponent with a melee weapon (visual effect of the Valkyr's claws);

·         Set the following parameters for the skill when increasing the Warframe's rank:

·         125 / 200 / 275 / 350 cut damage with an increase in the combo counter by 1 per attack;

·         Set a range of 20 meters for an enemy attack;

·         Make the increase in damage depending on modifications to melee weapons;

·         If there is no enemy in the aiming zone, make a dash in the direction of the camera;

·         Set the skill cost to 20 energy units.

·         Rework the Augment "Swing Line", allowing it with some chance of killing the enemy to leave the sphere of Health by  7,5% / 15% / 22,5% / 30%.

This way, the skill will have more attacking potential, especially when combined with Hysteria. It completely eliminates the need for an augment for Hysteria "Hysterical Assault", also taking into account the orientation of the Valkyr to quickly attack the target and inflict cutting damage, which is what she associated with.

The second skill - Warcry

As more advanced players, this skill serves more to increase the attack speed of both their own and allies, but I remind you that it is only suitable for this, and the increase in armor from the skill is based only on the base armor. Separately, the Battle Cry gives only a slowdown, which some opponents can ignore even if there is an augment "Eternal war", and also have some resistance to it. As an amplification skill, it works well, but you need some element of onslaught. Here I offer:

• Make an increase in armor not from the base armor parameter, but from the armor parameter taking into account the modification, but only for the Valkyr herself;

• Add in addition to slowing down on opponents, increased time under the status effect with the corresponding time 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 seconds and do not make this effect stronger with modifications to increase the duration;

• Do not make any changes to the base gain parameters, except for a percentage increase in armor, reducing the gain from 25% / 35% / 45% / 50% to 20% / 25% / 30% / 35%.

Such changes should allow you to increase the effective health of Valkyr and damage resistance for greater efficiency when fighting with opponents of a much higher level. Adding a duration effect to status effects will allow you to save status effects for using a passive skill and more use in using melee weapons, making even the most terrifying melee weapons more useful in her hands.

The third skill - Paralysis

This skill is so useless that it partially deprives Valkyr from basic protection in the form of shields, since the skill requires spending shields, and little amount of players use finishing attacks/ Suggestion is:

• Instead of stunning opponents and using shields for finishing attacks, make some kind of mockery that will force opponents to use melee, but also at a greater distance, so that it affects several opponents, since the main strength of the opponents is their ranged weapons, which are dangerous;

* Change the parameters to the ones specified below:

• Do not make the skill attacking by eliminating damage;

·         Make the skill's impact radius– 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 meters.

·         Rework the "Prolonged Paralysis" augment for appropriate stun and finishing attacks, so that the player can choose which direction to use this skill.

Corrupted already from level 100 are dangerous in long-range combat, so such changes will not only be useful, but also quite relevant. This will also be useful for other factions that abuse ranged weapons. It should be like Taunt.

The ultimate ability - Hysteria

The fourth skill of Valkyr is more necessary for survival, but it does not give out retaliatory damage, because when focused on critical attacks, it still has a two-fold critical damage multiplier and a low chance of activating status effects (10%). Venka Prime better than Valkyr' claws! Summoned claws have become the worst summoned weapon of all, and even "Frenzy" doesn't help much here. Make claws actually the claws!!! Therefore, there will be a large list of changes for Hysteria:

·         Increase base claw damage with 100 / 125 / 200 / 250 (slash / puncture / impact) up to 150 / 175 / 250 / 300 (slash / puncture / impact);

·         Increase the base critical damage multiplier from 2 to 3;

·         Increase the status chance from 10% to 15%;

·         Give to ground slide attacks a 33% chance of a status cut effect;

·         Rework attacks from the rack in two ways according to your preference: either use the claw rack, or completely rework its attacks for a slightly increased speed, like Ruby Strom stance for claws;

·         Rework a heavy attack by making it a punch with a fist swing at the opponent with a guaranteed cut instead of a kick to the ground;

·         Leave the cost of the skill during its activation and action;

·         Remove the "Hysterical Assault " augment, since it will become useless if the first skill is reworked.

Such a change in Hysteria should be beneficial, since even the newest Warframes Eclipse such statistics, but with this Valkyr will definitely be worthy of her status as a Berserker, but also becoming an auxiliary debuffer and getting more effective control skills at its disposal. This will make Valkyr a Warframe completely focused on merciless attack using melee weapons.

Rework’ suggestion by SolarusRaven, PC platform.

Edited by SolarusRaven
Original idea editing
  • Like 6

You know...normally I'd be utterly sarcastic about the over-exaggerated importance of posterior ends, but compared to the endless "WARFRAME IS DYING GET REKT FANBOIS" threads that have been utterly incessant around here lately the topic is now entirely preferable to the alternative.

• Like 14

Только что, Aldain сказал:

You know...normally I'd be utterly sarcastic about the over-exaggerated importance of posterior ends, but compared to the endless "WARFRAME IS DYING GET REKT FANBOIS" threads that have been utterly incessant around here lately the topic is now entirely preferable to the alternative.

Rahetalius' quote, huh?

• Like 4

her 1 needs to be having some secondary effect or be completely replaced as it no longer serves any purpose worth spending energy on,

perhaps a "mark" type ability that either debuffs the enemy (reduced speed) or grants a buff on kill (more movement speed perhaps?)

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Agreed, it's nice to just have a laugh with some of our old memes for once instead of dreading/debating the end times

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

dreading/debating

You spelled salivating wrong.

Spoiler

Really some part of me would bet 5 plat that some people are absolutely wishing for Warframe to die solely because it would make people unhappy.

3 hours ago, SolarusRaven said:

in my opinion Valkyr need to make the appearance of the fifth point a little more extravagant, like Mesa Prime or Wisp

I disagree. Above everything I think we should have diversity in any content including butts.

People's tastes vary, but as for myself, although I mostly prefer the butt of Wisp, I take my time to appreciate all the butt spectrum, from Mesa Prime to Trinity Strega and even Nidus.

In other words, every butt matters.

• Like 5

Только что, ant99999 сказал:

I disagree. Above everything I think we should have diversity in any content including butts.

People's tastes vary, but as for myself, although I mostly prefer the butt of Wisp, I take my time to appreciate all the butt spectrum, from Mesa Prime to Trinity Strega and even Nidus.

In other words, every butt matters.

You forgot Nekros

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I'd say I ommited the exteremes, because in that case I'd need to include the glorious manifestation of beauty itself descended upon us from the heavens which is Atlas Karst

I don't even understand the motivation behind designing such a glorious butt for a male frame. He leaves most female frames in shame (and possibly confuses a few teenagers, hehe) 😛

• Like 4

Il y a 7 heures, Grekkatarq a dit :

Her butt is okay.

her booty needs some buff like wisp

i posted about valkyr in the feedback too
im talking about removal of her tiny shield completely, making her a pure armor like inaros, nidus, and grendel.
her AOE stun skill can be replaced with skill like a Roar or something like that which use her energy instead of her tiny shield. that could be better like the rework that they did to ember.

but im sure devs will just ignore my feedback.

Edited by darkbrick
  • Like 3

Logged in just to say this:

Valkyr has the best booty in the game, period. You have enough THICC warframes already, play those.
I wouldn't mind her getting another deluxe/tennogen skin though, with the features (deformed anatomy) you requested.

About her abilities:

1. is a fun way of getting around, if you build some range, it offers serious buff to mobility
  2. could use either more base duration or lower energy cost (50) so you are not forced to use eternal war on all builds
  3. needs more range to be considered a good CC, best part about it that it is cheap
  4. stance is terrible, and the constant energy drain ramps up to peacemaker levels without the same power. I'd replace invulnerability with high (capped at 90-95%) damage reduction, and reduce the energy drain. Augment is mad fun tho
  • Like 5