Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Meta for Railjack turrets?

Doc-Orange

Question

22 answers to this question

the Enemies were massively nerfed, you can use mostly whatever and Kill things quickly.
in broad strokes, Zetki everything, except sometimes Vidar Pulsar.

i like Zetki Carcinnox for the nose and Vidar Pulsar for the wings, but again you can use mostly anything and it'll be more than adequate.
Cryophon lacks a reason to exist though except for applying Ice Status to Crewships to disable their Guns..

Edited by taiiat

With crew that understand trigger discipline (or Avionics for higher max heat) Zetki are good.  Otherwise some Vidar are okay.  I've never thought much of Lavan weapons. 
If your clan has all the research completed then I'd start with the clantech Sigma MKIII weapons and see what you like the feel of.  Keep a coulple of MKI or MKII wreckage for weapon types that you like so that you can use them to bump the bonus stat on the MKIII version once you get that from Veil Proxima.

• Like 1

These days you don't need the heat avionics to get the most out of your zetki turrets, at least if you've got the gunnery intrinsics.  You'll typically spend more time switching targets than waiting for guns to cool.  There isn't much reason to use anything else, barring a rank 0 gunnery.

I feel like the guns are pretty well balanced right now.  Apoc has by far the highest DPS, but range and projectile flight speed might lower the actual TTK.  Carcinnox is typically my preferred.  I've taken a gunnery role a couple times recently with cryophon side turrets and it wasn't that bad, the pilot gets most of the kills anyway so it doesn't really matter much what goes on the sides (it has the slowest fire rate translating into lowest DPS, but if you're just picking off stragglers the pilot missed, the 1-shot kills work really well.)  Pulsar and Photor are about the same I think, I've seen pulsar work especially well with detonating tether.

I have vidar apoc (60 of 60)  for pilot and vidar carcinnox (60 of 60) on the turrets and have Polar Coil (increases turret heat capacity) installed.

As I already have all intrinsics at rank 10 I have only done one railjack mission since the changes, (last weeks nightwave kill boarders challenge).

I noticed that I seemed to be able to just continually fire the pilot apoc without ever worrying about the heat build up.

It seems I will be doing more railjack missions this week due to the nightwave challenges.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

15 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

Hi. After a short break I'm back. I missed the big RJ upgrade and I'm now reconfiguring my RJ. What is the actual turret meta for high level RJ missions?

Thanks in advance

The Min-maxing meta is an Apoc, likely a high fire rate or high status apoc, to proc the particle effect which increases the damage of everything else. It's reasonable to hit at distance, decently accurate, and isn't too punishing with its overheat. You can fire it quite well for sustained damage, and it increases the damage of your missiles, forward artillery, and all damaging abilities you have in your kit. In lower level content it kills fast enough and scales better against higher level content than just about everything else(though I guess this is past-tense since Scarlet Spear is over and there's nothing to scale that high anymore anyway.) while making things like FA actually able to destroy crewships at range without building for that specifically. 

I made and tested every turrets myself and zekti apoc is my favourite. Carcinnox is also okay. Cryo is no longer useful.

I prefer apoc because of its large hit box and the ability to increase artillery damage on Crewships. It's also easy to charge up munition vortex.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

mk3 Zekti apocs + predator + section density + polar coil + turret velocity AND tactical avionics Death Blossom + Battle Stations = ULTIMATE GUNBOAT.  

However.....

If you want to mass murder fighters all it takes is battle avionic Tether.  Tether is hard to use in a group because other people shooting can blow it up to early.  But when it works it can grab up to 10 fighters and then you shoot the tether and they all explode,  Everything except the last few nodes of veil will die in the blast.   To best use Tether you want to aim it at something not moving like asteroids or disabled crewships(hint hint).  If shot into open space tether kind of travels pretty far which is bad.  So shooting it at stuff makes it stop.   

Tether is 50 flux compared to Void Holes 100.   Tether detonates from gunfire,  Void Hole doesnt kill much unless you fire missiles into it.  So Tether > Void Hole.  Except for how difficult tether is to deploy because of other people shooting turrets blowing it up early.  

----------------------------------

I have mk3 zekti apocs predator+ sd + pc and I even have those two tactical avi.   But I rarely use the avionics.  Tacticals are way to clumsy to use...  Kinda wish I could put them in battle avi slots lol.    I dont have or tried Turret Velocity yet.. It just adds speed and range.  I have gunnery 10 and auto-lock so I should be able to make very good use of it.  

(anyways that set up makes the zekti's have about 50% crit chance and like crit damage 3x?? )

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you want to mass murder fighters all it takes is battle avionic Tether.

Try Munition vortex if you have it. You could kill a patch of fighters in just 2 seconds. The trick is to shoot the vortex with your own turrets before self detonation.

2 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Try Munition vortex if you have it. You could kill a patch of fighters in just 2 seconds. The trick is to shoot the vortex with your own turrets before self detonation.

I have one, just havent got around to using it.  I will do that today...   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have one, just havent got around to using it.  I will do that today...   

haha it's a must try. Just remember to charge the vortex before reactivating, it does literally no damage without charging. With zekti apoc mkIII around 2 seconds of spray. If cryo, 2~3 shots.

Besides, the vortex could be used as a shield as it aborbs any kind of damage including yours. So beware it could also block forward artillery.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

On 2020-05-24 at 12:17 PM, taiiat said:

Cryophon lacks a reason to exist though except for applying Ice Status to Crewships to disable their Guns..

Huh, that was the only one I really invested in and I was about to fuse it.

Edited by TheArcSet

Apoc and Carcinnox (Zetki or Vidar) have practicaly the same DPS. Apoc damage is a bit higher but Carcinnox firerate is a bit higher. Personally, i prefer Carcinnox Zetki.

Photor is good but it's because hitscan and punch through compensate the lack of damage compared to Apoc and Carcinnox.

Cryophon Vidar hit very hard (OS most of the fighter) but overheat is a mess and low range may annoy (personally, it would be my main if overheat would not be so tedious).

Pulsar lack a bit of damage compared to Cryophon (3-5 shots per fighters).

14 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Refresh my memory, what happened to Cryophon? Was it changed after the revisit? I didn't know apoc became the meta

The cryophon base damage and falloff are nerfed. On the other hand the enemies armor are halfed. This is why other turrets are shining now. Apoc has higher DPS considering the accuracy and effective range in real combat. The higher heat capacity also allows players to have more flexible playstyles.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

3 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Refresh my memory, what happened to Cryophon? Was it changed after the revisit? I didn't know apoc became the meta

Cryophon is still the strongest railjack turret,   it's just no longer the only railjack turret that can actually kill things in a reasonable amount of time,   and its low range is detrimental.    

2 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Cryophon is still good.    It can potentially kill groups faster than other turrets in certain circumstances.  Easier to hit with it due to projectile size,  range is its main weakness and slow fire rate doesn't help,  either.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Damage Falloff, and the Range of all the other Weapons went way up. it was already honestly mediocre but overhyped because the Community just repeats something they hear without thinking - but now it's borderline useless between its nerfs and the many aspects of Railjack that changed around it.

and Apoc is popular for charging Munitions Vortex since it has very high non Crit DPS.
or for spamming some Slash and Puncture Status on Crewships so you can more easily oneshot them with Artillery.
but it can be good for other stuff too if you're okay with using the Weapon.

7 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

if you don't have any desire for Damage, and just want the Utility of turning off Crewships, go nuts.
does come at a trade of being unable to break Healing bubbles, but the Gunners could take care of that as long as they have another Weapon Type.

but Range and Fire Rate limitations makes it just objectively weaker than the other Weapons. can't deal with Healing Bubbles, can't Kill Enemies until after they're on top of you (and the Ship got nerfed in Movement Speed so that's an even bigger factor now), and Enemies have so little Health that most of the Damage in each Shot will be wasted anyways.

4 hours ago, hyzmarca said:

it's just no longer the only railjack turret that can actually kill things in a reasonable amount of time

it never was the 'only good Weapon' to begin with - just a silly wives tale. in the first month of Railjack i was Killing Enemies with just Gunfire in a few seconds - Cryophon was good for Ships without much gear, though.

Edited by taiiat

14 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Hotfix 27.0.9 - January 9th, 2020

Pulsar series

• Increased base damage
  • Increased fall off range
  • These extremely precise weapons were having trouble competing with the other options available. Increased damage by about 10% and increased effective range should help give them a more viable role.

Photor series

• Increased fall off range
  • Extra range and these also benefit indirectly from the improvement to Incendiary status.

Cryophon series

• Reduced damage and increased fall off range
  • Reducing the armor values of enemies made these capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill. Please bear in mind we are actively watching player stats and collecting feedback, and are willing to iterate on balance.

Zetki House

• Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
  • This house trades more heat for more damage, but it felt like they were TOO hot for the amount of extra damage you got. Compared to the baseline weapons, Zetki now offers 50% more damage for double heat instead of quadruple heat.
  • Like 1

not as lucky as every1 else, all i had drop was tons of tons of lavan gear and 1 vidar, so im running 1x lavan apoc and 1x lavan carcinox (both rate of fire i think), managed to fuse them and upgrade them a bit and they work well enough, never even seen a zekti variant yet to play with.

9 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

not as lucky as every1 else, all i had drop was tons of tons of lavan gear and 1 vidar, so im running 1x lavan apoc and 1x lavan carcinox (both rate of fire i think), managed to fuse them and upgrade them a bit and they work well enough, never even seen a zekti variant yet to play with.

Zekti typically drops on the highest lvl nodes of each proxima, Ruse War Field drops almost entirely Zekti mkIII gear.

• Like 1