The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CrossPlay!!?? Yay or nay?

5 hours ago, (PS4)PLATNUMKING209 said:

I feel warframe can be even more fun and innovative by adding cross play events.

Is it that time of the week?

Rest assured, this has been asked, considered, attempted, and ultimately denied (by Sony and Microsoft) about six hundred times now over the last seven or eight years of Warframe's development

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Yay to get rid of dead lobbies.. on Xbox people trade more than actually play anything, sometimes even on prime times where everyone is online..

I'm genuinely worried that xbox is a dying community for Warframe which is another reason why I want cross save or an account migration to Playstation. I believe the community there is quite a bit larger 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)PLATNUMKING209 said:

I feel warframe can be even more fun and innovative by adding cross play events.

And what about it would be fun and innovative?

8 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

sony and microsoft said no to that....back in the begining, DE said they'd do it if those two would agree to it...but they're afraid of losing some of their player base and the profits they get from them

Can't remember DE saying they would do Cross Play. Do you have a source for that? óÒ

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

I'm genuinely worried that xbox is a dying community for Warframe which is another reason why I want cross save or an account migration to Playstation. I believe the community there is quite a bit larger 

And how would another migration to Playstation help XBox? Migrations are always only from PC to a console. So a migration to Playstation wouldn't help Xbox get more players, and it wouldn't help you migrate from Xbox to Playstation...

Edited by WhiteMarker

21 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And what about it would be fun and innovative?

Can't remember DE saying they would do Cross Play. Do you have a source for that? óÒ

And how would another migration to Playstation help XBox? Migrations are always only from PC to a console. So a migration to Playstation wouldn't help Xbox get more players, and it wouldn't help you migrate from Xbox to Playstation...

You assume I'm only talking about one way migration, I'm not. Players have routinely said they want to move from ps4 to xbox to play with friends or console to PC

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

can't remember what stream it was, i just remember them saying it in one of the first few streams (and sorry, but i'm not gonna sit here and spend all my time watching stream reruns until i find it) i just remember Steve saying it. i do think it was said in the first year of closed beta or there abouts)

1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

To me it feels like it, especially in prime times.. I never had issues finding groups like 2 years ago or when I started, but now.. almost every mission says 0 squads and when you open a lobby there's a high chance not even 3 others will join.. (I often end up with duo or trio teams instead of 4)

Yeah agreed, it honestly feels a lot less populated compared to a few years back. Trying to do the profit taker for example usually results in me simply soloing just because people dont join, and sorties can also be difficult to find people which was a problem before

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Yeah agreed, it honestly feels a lot less populated compared to a few years back. Trying to do the profit taker for example usually results in me simply soloing just because people dont join, and sorties can also be difficult to find people which was a problem before

I always find people in sorties, maybe if you play when they're almost ending it's unlikely you'll find people cause everyone probably already did it. Profit taker is usually done with organized groups not many people just go into a public game for that(also the requirement to play that fight is something lots of people still don't have)

39 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I always find people in sorties, maybe if you play when they're almost ending it's unlikely you'll find people cause everyone probably already did it. Profit taker is usually done with organized groups not many people just go into a public game for that(also the requirement to play that fight is something lots of people still don't have)

I usally do the sorties when their first up tbh. you might be right about the profit taker, but I leave messages in recruiting and hardly ever get a response 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

Crossplay / the rainbow bridge was shot down by sony and microsoft, not allowing DE to decide when to deploy the patches and instead requiring individual "vetting", didnt happen back then, wont happen now.

Uhm... every patch for every game needs the certification process on consoles. This has nothing to do with Warframe. It's just that Warframe doesn't have a QA team, or better PC is their QA team. Warframe needs to put out a lot of patches in a short period of time, for example right after a big update, on order to fix stuff. And certification takes time.
And this certification is important, because console manufacturers have to test patches so that they don't brick the system. Just imagine a patch doesn't get tested and the console shuts down without any way of fixing it...

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Uhm... every patch for every game needs the certification process on consoles. This has nothing to do with Warframe. It's just that Warframe doesn't have a QA team, or better PC is their QA team. Warframe needs to put out a lot of patches in a short period of time, for example right after a big update, on order to fix stuff. And certification takes time.
And this certification is important, because console manufacturers have to test patches so that they don't brick the system. Just imagine a patch doesn't get tested and the console shuts down without any way of fixing it...

several vetted/certified games have bricked or near bricked consoles before, anthem being one of the more recent ones last i read about it.  also there are several games out there that do not have to be certified by sony/microsoft, ofc these are all exceptions from the "big" name companies out there that get that privilege.

Am I the only one that thinks the OP actually meant crossovers between Warframe and some other game? You know like Monster Hunter X Witcher 3 or FFXIV X Nier Automata?

Edited by Leyvonne
typos

16 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

sony and microsoft said no to that....back in the begining, DE said they'd do it if those two would agree to it...but they're afraid of losing some of their player base and the profits they get from them

I'm fairly certain their stances have changed since then, they allow plenty of other games free-to-play and otherwise to have cross-play and cross-progression. Generally they lock paid currencies so they're spendable on the platform they're purchased on to get around the monetary issues. I highly doubt they would still block Warframe from these features as an exception.