Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass maker's new episode is here

JackHargreav

at least now people will shut up about nightwave for a bit. seems that each crime scene has mroe complexity than the last (now clues can appear in different locations as well as different forms. of course, Pen and Paper makes this EZ mode.

it's kinda dumb, and it probably won't happen, but I'd like when this is over for us to apprehend the Glassmaker and then question them LA Noire style:

me: "so what made you start glassing people?"

Glassmaker: "well you see , it all started when-"

me: "BOOLSHET!!! YOU WANT MY RHINO TO BEAT A CONFESSION OUT OF YOU?! GIVE ME SOMETHING!!!!!

sometimes I miss LA Noire...

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Both victims so far have been people who didn't just break 'the law' or commit some nebulous wrong doing, they've been people who broke with the overall mores and expectations of their cultures.

The Ostron was a selfish person who carried out unethical dealings of personal enrichment, where the Ostron overall are intensely community focused.
The Corpus victim was someone who eschewed personal enrichment, and who was a 'bad' Corpus because he did altruistic deeds.

We expecting a pacifist Grineer?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

at least now people will shut up about nightwave for a bit. seems that each crime scene has mroe complexity than the last (now clues can appear in different locations as well as different forms. of course, Pen and Paper makes this EZ mode.

it's kinda dumb, and it probably won't happen, but I'd like when this is over for us to apprehend the Glassmaker and then question them LA Noire style:

me: "so what made you start glassing people?"

Glassmaker: "well you see , it all started when-"

me: "BOOLSHET!!! YOU WANT MY RHINO TO BEAT A CONFESSION OUT OF YOU?! GIVE ME SOMETHING!!!!!

sometimes I miss LA Noire...

How you gonna punch a Cephalon though?

Whaddyathinkadat?

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

How you gonna punch a Cephalon though?

Whaddyathinkadat?

I'll find a way. I'll punch them  G E O M E T R I C A L L Y.

or maybe I could enter the weave like in Octavia's Anthem, AFAIK they can be harmed there.

23 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

We expecting a pacifist Grineer?

that's already been done, but maybe. though i would think any Pacifist Grineer wouldn't hang about long enough for this Glassmaker to find them: they'd be trying to contact Steel meridian to request safe haven with them, because the moment they are found out, the Grineer will kill them. I also doubt Steel Med would let  shady characters from the outside into these supposed communities of pacifist grineer, like the Kavor. then again, maybe the Glassmaker could pose as a Steel Med helper and then get them that way, who knows.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'll find a way. I'll punch them  G E O M E T R I C A L L Y.

or maybe I could enter the weave like in Octavia's Anthem, AFAIK they can be harmed there.

In the weave, the Glassmaker is seething. A data-conduit portal opens up.

"Knock Knock"

"What? Who could possibly dare to try and enter my weave?"

"Simaris."

"...Who the bloody HELL is Simaris? Tell me, so that I may reduce them to nothing but tiny fragments of glass!"

"I dunno, but you'll look Simar-lar once I PUNCH YOU" *Rhino jumps through the portal*

I didn't even see it was out I thought it was the left side xD

Completed it on second try I missed just 1s to jump for 1st try xD

For the drawing I got a coildrive on upper left and from the variations I saw inside the weave the easiest way to recognize the drawing is the upper left orange one. I got different locations for the clues as well.

Edited by Krilexis

4 hours ago, Reifnir said:

The "drawing" (datapad) is by far, the worst offender. It's cyan on semi-transparent background with orange scribbles on top, makes it exceedingly hard to make out what's depicted underneath all that. The rest is kinda easy.

Really? I figured pretty much right off that the scribbles themselves were the important part, so the orange-on-blue helps with that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Anyone can give a summary of what the guys says ? It's still terrible to do this puzzle with a timer, it's completely impossible to hear/read what the guy's saying.

The summary more or less comes down to the glassmaker talking about how this Corpus broke Corpus law by being charitable and selfless, and that obviously caused a great deal of chaos amongst them, so he got glassed. Basically, the Glassmaker's that one Lawful Good character in DnD that really, really emphasises 'Lawful'. He doesn't care about morality, only law and order.

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The summary more or less comes down to the glassmaker talking about how this Corpus broke Corpus law by being charitable and selfless, and that obviously caused a great deal of chaos amongst them, so he got glassed. Basically, the Glassmaker's that one Lawful Good character in DnD that really, really emphasises 'Lawful'. He doesn't care about morality, only law and order.

Thanks, I had to re-run it ingame to have more time to check the conversation, Nora is one-and-done though, that's sad. The only place we'll ever get the narrative again once NW3 is over will be the wiki..

Story sounds interesting though, waiting to see who's gonna be the next victim. And the most important, the last one, I'm expecting a "named" which we'll have to save from Glassmaker. As long as it's not Clem, nobody dares approach Clem (at least we'd know the clues in advance...) ! :angry: 

Spoiler

It would be nice if every mystery didn't keep ending with "It was the Orokin all along!" I get that they're important lore-wise and they absolutely should feature, but I really was hoping the Glassmaker was some regular (if sociopathic) schmuck who found cephalon technology. Starting to wonder if the Old War had literally any casualties tbh