Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasn't Gilded Act Removed From Nightwave?

(PSN)Shelneroth

Question

2 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

After looking into the issue, the 'Gilded' Act will stay in this weeks list. If we removed the 'Gilded' Act from the list your earned Standing from it would also be taken

So? Just remove it and give one of the upcoming dailies 4.5k, as it happened once already to make up for it, instead of locking a recovered act for people unwilling to waste their time on actually completing this one. Locking that recovered act slot is a way worse drawback than having to do one more daily.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

After looking into the issue, the 'Gilded' Act will stay in this weeks list. If we removed the 'Gilded' Act from the list your earned Standing from it would also be taken, which we don't want to do!

At least it wasnt too arduous as we just had primary kitguns added.

59 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So? Just remove it and give one of the upcoming dailies 4.5k, as it happened once already to make up for it, instead of locking a recovered act for people unwilling to waste their time on actually completing this one. Locking that recovered act slot is a way worse drawback than having to do one more daily.

First, its not locked. She means that it wont appear in any new rotations, but this current one wont be changed. So it will only be available after this week as a recovered act for those who didnt do it this week.

Second, Messing with the system like that shows a distinct missunderstanding just how delicate the coding for a game like warframe is. Think how often the release an update for one thing, which then causes a bug in something compleatly un-related. They're not going to change this stuff on a whim. Also, anyone who already got it done would have extra. Best thing they can do is just remove it from future ones.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chaotea said:

First, its not locked. She means that it wont appear in any new rotations, but this current one wont be changed. So it will only be available after this week as a recovered act for those who didnt do it this week.

Yeah, and therefore lock one of the three usable slots for recovered acts if you don't want to ever touch that act. You'll basically be stuck with a maximum of 2 recovered acts and this one for the remainder of this series.

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Best thing they can do is just remove it from future ones.

Or they can just remove it right now. Even if we lose 4.5k standing, whoop-de-freakin'-doo, pretty sure we made way more than that just by mindlessly fighting the glass enemies. So it's not loss. Occupying a slot for the remainder of the series is.

9 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Or they can just remove it right now. Even if we lose 4.5k standing, whoop-de-freakin'-doo, pretty sure we made way more than that just by mindlessly fighting the glass enemies. So it's not loss. Occupying a slot for the remainder of the series is.

That you wouldn't mind doesn't meab others wouldn't. A number of people, whether big or small, have already done it, so better not to make them feel they wasted their time and resources, even if they aren't many, for nothing.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, chaotea said:

That is what they mean by locked. You can only have so many recovered acts at a time so this will be permanently consuming one of those slots for people unable or unwilling to complete it. If that is a significant issue is really up to you. Personally, I prefer DEs solution.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

It is a lot easier for someone to miss a daily challenge. A lot more people will lose the chance to get that 4.5 k standing if it is done that way.As is they can ignore the challenge and work around the recovery but the option is still there where as when a daily expires it is just gone.Neither solution is ideal but I will be honest, out of these two not ideal options, I prefer DE's to yours.

• Like 2

I gilded a new primary kitgun literally minutes before the dailies changed. Didn't realized what time it was when I pop back onto my orbiter, but didn't think I needed to check... I almost felt out of my chair when I saw that weekly. Now I don't feel as bad for not checking NW before I gilded my gun! Still a bit bitter about that 7000 4500 points though...

Edited by MagLi
it is a 4500 weekly not 7000

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

That daily that was worth 4.5k was an accident as it was initially a weekly challenge but they changed it to be a daily but the value didn't update.  Same reason why a few weeks before that there was a 1k weekly challenge that was the other one that was swapped. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

After looking into the issue, the 'Gilded' Act will stay in this weeks list. If we removed the 'Gilded' Act from the list your earned Standing from it would also be taken, which we don't want to do! 

We will be making sure that any occurrences of 'Gilded' for the remainder of the Season will be swapped out before they go live. The only time you should see the 'Gilded' Act for the rest of Season 3 is if it's a 'Recovered Act'.

Thank you for the official reply Megan.

4 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

You might not mind, but some people will be pretty upset at losing their work. 

Some might have even gone to the effort to build and level up an all new whatever just to gild it, then spent their standing/bonds etc. 

And the more complicated the situation, the more almost impossible it would be to run a script that compensates everyone properly. 

Say you give back the standing to anyone who gilded one, along with any resources spent? Already a complicated enough script with enough that could go wrong and cause major bugs over what is overall a small issue. 

Now what if you really want to be fair? Do you somehow give resources back to someone who built a new thing just to gild it? Or are they screwed out of all their effort and 4,500 standing? How would you even run a script like that? What if they don't want to give up that thing they built now even if they could get all the resources back? They still spent their time and maybe got attached to it now.

Do you have some kind of script running to compensate people/fix things, with branching choices? Now we are getting into incredibly complicated territory code-wise, to solve an incredibly small, temporary problem that will eventually solve itself. 

Or we just say "screw the players and fairness", and take it out because the slot being "locked" bothers a few people on the forums, with no compensation at all, and now tons of Tenno feel super upset at DE for taking 4,500 standing away from them and negating all the time and effort they spent making something and leveling it and gilding it. All for a super easy to complete nightwave that is going to last for some time. 

You could just let it go... that would be the best move. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We will be making sure that any occurrences of 'Gilded' for the remainder of the Season will be swapped out before they go live.

Removed for the remainder of the season - so you're saying it will again come back during another Nightwave season?

On 2020-06-22 at 2:47 AM, Smiky said:

Overreacting much? You do realize you are not forced to do it right? You can skip it...

I mean this is just my opinion, but if one were to tell a complete stranger how wrong their personal feelings were, I might just consider that to be "overreacting".  Unless of course you just wanted to stroke your id by dunking on someone you don't see eye-to-eye with while adding to the amount of needless hostility in the world.  Then that would be perfectly reasonable! 🙂