Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasn't Gilded Act Removed From Nightwave?

(PSN)Shelneroth

Question

8 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Seven years of feature fatigue and seven years magically teleporting goalposts tend to create contempt and antipathy alike.

DE has pretty much exhausted their reserves quite some time ago, and expecting anything but negativity is likely wishful thinking.

It's really not that serious. I see people whining about the simple act of playing a game.

And we all know no ones forced to complete any nightwave so the whole point is moot. 

People on these forums are unpleasable in many aspects.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Inichor said:

I believe and hope that their remark was facetious. If not, it would indeed be quite an overreaction speaking to deeper issues, likely best addressed with empathy, rather than eyerolling.

Also, this topic is eerily similar to another and I'm getting deja vu.

Good point. These players have been absolutely tortured by this evil corporation and we should be supportive of their plight of gilding one item....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Good point. These players have been absolutely tortured by this evil corporation and we should be supportive of their plight of gilding one item....

Thank you. My point was actually that if someone literally had a mental breakdown over this, they would be literally mentally ill, and we should show basic decency and empathy for that. As it would indeed be an extreme overreaction. But glad you agree.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It's really not that serious. I see people whining about the simple act of playing a game.

And we all know no ones forced to complete any nightwave so the whole point is moot. 

It's cool that you've decided to ignore the aggregation of patterns of continual and ongoing behavior other people have decided not to ignore, but the part where they have to like what you like and dislike what you dislike is the part where your opinion is just like your opinion man and may not reflect general consensus.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

in the end Feature/Franchise/ or General fatigue is all natural and will run its course. complaints of fatigue before and After update  not during naturally. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

It's cool that you've decided to ignore the aggregation of patterns of continual and ongoing behavior other people have decided not to ignore, but the part where they have to like what you like and dislike what you dislike is the part where your opinion is just like your opinion man and may not reflect general consensus.

That's fair, I havent been playing as long as most so I haven't been around to recognize the patterns. 

Although my point still stands that getting upset at the very notion or suggestion of having to gild 1 item is still quite absurd. There's no realm in which it is reasonable at all.

I don't catch animals in warframe. When I saw the nightwave challenge I simply brushed it off and continued playing the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

That's fair, I havent been playing as long as most so I haven't been around to recognize the patterns. 

Although my point still stands that getting upset at the very notion or suggestion of having to gild 1 item is still quite absurd. There's no realm in which it is reasonable at all.

I don't catch animals in warframe. When I saw the nightwave challenge I simply brushed it off and continued playing the game.

This is how I feel. I'm sure there were a few people that appreciated the challenge... But no let's remove because it triggers some players slight OCD. 

Oh well, no big loss really. Just silly IMO. Everyone needs to win right?

I just hope they stay away from hard/ultra hard mode.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I don't think anyone's arguing that it's a minor, insignificant thing. I think the gist it is the 1286187368173681368th thing.... again and this one time, this one goddamn time hell naw; [police report thereafter].

Aside from cheating, divorces rarely happen form THAT ONE BIG THING, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, they happen from a thousand papers cuts and blatant ignoring of constructive criticism and making light of things that raise or furrow eyebrows alike.

Battlefront 2 committed a giant sin right out of the gate and then rectified that sin kind of and generally played well and was quite profitable.

Battlefield politically appropriate shenanigans edition front loaded drama on top of questionable game design and then proceeded to ignore and belittle customers and continue to make irritating and player unfriendly choices thereafter, including customers who did not care about the politics or virtue and simply wanted to play a decent battlefield and didn't give the slightest #*!% whether their avatar was historically accurate or what pair of gonads or combination thereof were present.

One of these games is still being payed by a rather large playerbase, one of these games failed to break even after maintenance and upkeep was taken into account, I'll leave you to guess which is which.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is how I feel. I'm sure there were a few people that appreciated the challenge... But no let's remove because it triggers some players slight OCD. 

Oh well, no big loss really. Just silly IMO. Everyone needs to win right?

I just hope they stay away from hard/ultra hard mode.

My problem with this and several other "challenges" is that they are not challenges.  They're grind checks.  The capture speed run may be easy, but it is still something that you could consider to be a challenge, since it requires that you not be awful at the game.  Gilding a weapon is not a challenge, it's a chore.  It's an easy to complete task (unless you haven't done the grinding necessary to get access to modular parts and have the resources on hand to build them.) that is literally just a check to see if you've done enough grinding to access it, then makes you grind to complete it.  It's busy work so they can have something to classify as "content."  And on top of that, it requires an open weapon slot to complete.  Am I expected to spend plat to complete a chorewave challenge that will give me a fraction of the standing towards 1 rank up?  Am I expected to delete weapons I have in my inventory that I don't want to get rid of? 

It's not even comparable to the hunting animals challenge.  I don't usually do that one either, because I don't like it.  But I don't complain about it either because A.) it's an actual challenge, even if it still feels like a chore.  and B.) It doesn't require plat-paid slots and a bunch of pointless grind.  

Because that's the other nail in the gild challenge coffin.  It's pointless for people like me.  I have the kitguns I want, how I want them.  I have the zaws I want, how I want them.  I have the amps, K-drives, moas, etc that I want, exactly how I want them.  I have already tried dozens of other configurations for all those things.  I don't need chorewave to show me the light and encourage me to revisit modular items.  I'm done with them.  I would be expected to spend plat or delete items from my inventory just to access this challenge, and in return I would get a weapon that I would sell immediately upon gilding and 4,500 standing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Because that's the other nail in the gild challenge coffin.  It's pointless for people like me.  I have the kitguns I want, how I want them.  I have the zaws I want, how I want them.  I have the amps, K-drives, moas, etc that I want, exactly how I want them.  I have already tried dozens of other configurations for all those things.  I don't need chorewave to show me the light and encourage me to revisit modular items.  I'm done with them.  I would be expected to spend plat or delete items from my inventory just to access this challenge, and in return I would get a weapon that I would sell immediately upon gilding and 4,500 standing.

It's a moot point because the challenge is already removed, but no- you wouldn't have to purchase slots or craft something you don't need. You would just skip it if any of the requirements weren't worth it to you. There's players out there that have the slots, want to gild something or don't mind taking on a new gilding project for an easy 4500 standing. This challenge was for them. Now it's not because some people had panic attacks over it. 

I would understand the outrage if missing 1 challenge would put people at risk of not ranking to 30, but its not that serious. At least that's how I feel. 

I dont care for the challenge much, hopefully it's removal will satisfy the blood lust for "listen to ME DE !!" a little. 

Also- I don't be mind a few "grind check" challenges. It's a nice balance to me personally. Gilding, forma and statue challenges are easy to me. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

no- you wouldn't have to purchase slots or craft something you don't need.

If you want the standing, you have to already have the slots, or buy the slots or delete an item.  That is flat out not up for discussion.

It's not just about reaching 30.  Not even close.  Nightwave is here to replace alerts.  If you want the credits to get the things from the nightwave store, you have to do the challenges and that challenge requires plat-paid slots and you don't get to change that fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

If you want the standing, you have to already have the slots, or buy the slots or delete an item.  That is flat out not up for discussion.

It's not just about reaching 30.  Not even close.  Nightwave is here to replace alerts.  If you want the credits to get the things from the nightwave store, you have to do the challenges and that challenge requires plat-paid slots and you don't get to change that fact.

I'm saying you wouldn't have to do those things because you can skip them. 

Also.... Are we really going to act like buying slots is a crime? It's WF, you should be getting slots anyway. I guess I'm different. Even when I was farming syndicate weapons to trade, buying slots to keep weapons I wasn't going to use was never a big deal to me because I knew I was going to use them. 

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm saying you wouldn't have to do those things because you can skip them. 

Also.... Are we really going to act like buying slots is a crime? It's WF, you should be getting slots anyway. I guess I'm different. Even when I was farming syndicate weapons to trade, buying slots to keep weapons I wasn't going to use was never a big deal to me because I knew I was going to use them. 

and I'm saying you can't skip them if you still need the things from the nightwave store.  There's a lot of things, including a good bit of MR locked in there.  

I never got the big deal with it. Build a crappy kitgun with those 100s or 1000s of exploiter orb resources. Do ESO for roughly 5 zones. Gild it. Trade it in for rep. Done.

I find the forma or 5 different bounties one for example worse than this.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

On 2020-06-22 at 10:11 AM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Nightwave will probably be over until we get the update, so don't get your hopes up lmao 

Lol I wish... with they releasing 1 chapter per month will take only 7 months... will be awesome finish all my classes in black desert 

17 hours ago, OSanguineO said:

I can't understand the problem with this task too... I mean its done in like 1h for crafting and 10 min for levling. Actually its even more pleasant than those annoying eidolon hunts or animal captures.

The problem is. When they removed was with the excuse “we hear you” cuz the majority of old players wasn’t interested in craft and leveling up anything that wasn’t useful. Then they “hear” just to “unhear :crylaugh:” after a while. I’m gladly that comes after reach r30 so I don’t even need solve that “puzzle” or bother with useless acts. Now they can come with liches and whatever else of the boring time sunken challenges.

After looking into the issue, the 'Gilded' Act will stay in this weeks list. If we removed the 'Gilded' Act from the list your earned Standing from it would also be taken, which we don't want to do! 

We will be making sure that any occurrences of 'Gilded' for the remainder of the Season will be swapped out before they go live. The only time you should see the 'Gilded' Act for the rest of Season 3 is if it's a 'Recovered Act'.

• Like 20