The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Il y a 3 heures, Exportforce a dit :

Well, as said: A one time offer per account. Maybe even locked to accounts having master rank 5+ or something to block "quick" creation of accounts. Also it's easy to see accounts doing it multiple times via the payment method. If someone tries this "once" on 3 accounts that all paid with user/1213@email.com (used a / in the mailadress to make sure it is an invalid one) the other 2 get denied. Same with bank accounts. So there would be no problems or abuses. This is merely meant as a feature for players that don't get afoot on a platform and "wasted" money this way. I had fun with my Nekros but never used my plat on the PS4 as it was a pain to communicate there. And now it rots there. DE has the money for it so it doesn't hurt to give it to me.

Well, Sony is kinda ... special... They're the one who locked Fortnite account to PS4 if you had the idea to play it there... Don't expect them to allow "money" transfer ever.

4 minutes ago, AkyFenrir said:

Well, Sony is kinda ... special... They're the one who locked Fortnite account to PS4 if you had the idea to play it there... Don't expect them to allow "money" transfer ever.

It is not about money transfer. I paid big money for nekros prime access on PS4, this money got to DE.

Since playing Warframe on PS4 is not real fun without people I am now playing on PC. So DE could set my Platinumammount on PS4 to 0 and add the 1500 plat to my PC account. As stuff costs more on console to counter the "tax" that sony takes, they got their money and would not lose out on anything and make a customer happy.

So this is more of a question than anything else, but i felt it should be here under feedback.

Q: will account migration/account copying ever be a thing again? because i have a fair amount of freinds on PS4 that wish to play with me, and the one thing that is keeping me from doing it is the MASSIVE loss of progress, essentially because i'll have to go back to "square one" and dedicate another 4 or so years (yes it took me 4 or so years to reach MR14) just to kinda get back to where i am currently here on the PC version, wich leads back to the original question. Will account migration/account copying ever be a thing again, and if so, what would carry over?

(Please leave your thoughts on this matter in the comments, i would love to hear them (especially from DE) )

Is it a possibility not to use a click bait title? Yes. Yes it is. But you chose to do so anyways.

On your topic, hard no unless the console makers say it can happen. DE does not have 100% say on the matter. You could have done one search and found thousands of answers that detail this.

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Is it a possibility not to use a click bait title? Yes. Yes it is. But you chose to do so anyways.

On your topic, hard no unless the console makers say it can happen. DE does not have 100% say on the matter. You could have done one search and found thousands of answers that detail this.

I disagree, i am not using a "bait title" rather it is apropriate for what i've written (IMO)

5 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

I disagree, i am not using a "bait title" rather it is apropriate for what i've written (IMO)

It is most definitely a bait title. It has no context, it's two words. Guidelines state the titles need to be descriptive of the thread. That is not descriptive of the thread which is a topic that has been brought up hundreds of times before.

A screenshot for you

Screenshot_20190830-145802.png

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Guidelines state the titles need to be descriptive of the thread. That is not descriptive of the thread which is a topic that has been brought up hundreds of times before.

Oh then i see i that i stand corrected, it's been forever since i've last read the guidelines since a lot of other people also use vauge titles.

1 minute ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

Oh then i see i that i stand corrected, it's been forever since i've last read the guidelines since a lot of other people also use vauge titles.

And those players usually get told the same thing. Some of them, if the topic is salvageable, have the title edited by a mod.

9 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

I suppose that this topic is not salvageable then?

It's not salvageable.

Similar topic comes up pretty much every single day. A simple search would answer all your questions regarding account transfer/migration.

Gabbynaru answered your question correctly.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

So, they said they're working on cross-save like 4 months ago.

Stop saying that.
They said it's on the radar. They know about it, they would like to do it. Never did they say they are working on it.
Steve doesn't speak any strong accent. He is easy to understand. So why do people not understand him?

il y a 4 minutes, WhiteMarker a dit :

Stop saying that.
They said it's on the radar. They know about it, they would like to do it. Never did they say they are working on it.
Steve doesn't speak any strong accent. He is easy to understand. So why do people not understand him?

They at least done a due diligence like they said and it's been 4 months now. It's on the radar, so when is this to expect?

Just now, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

They at least done a due diligence like they said and it's been 4 months now. It's on the radar, so when is this to expect?

On the radar just means that they talked about it during meetings and such.
It doesn't mean they are working on it as of right now. There is no ETA or anything.
Doen't forget there is an insane amount of stuff to figure out first. Would console players be allowed to use their tennogen skins, if they played their account on the PC? How is platinum handled? How are console/PC exclusives handled?
These are just 3 things, that already need a lot to figure out...

il y a 9 minutes, Kaotyke a dit :

And Steve said they are interessted in it during his stream before the update last thursday but are not sure if it will be viable/possible.

They made no promises.

How is Destiny 2 able to get it across all the main platforms, and Warframe devs aren't sure if it's possible? Many spent hundreds if not thousands of bucks into their accounts and just get let down. Destiny 2 is definitely taking the lead here for me.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

"We've only done a little bit of due diligence to figure out what that would be like for a game like warframe that is violently changing."

Its hard to even say that its in a real planning phase much less actual development. And it likely requires new talks with the console companies with the next gens as the climate for cross play and cross progression negotiations when warframe initially launched on consoles is completely different than today. All that was in another older vid where this same question was discussed a little bit.

Just now, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

How is Destiny 2 able to get it across all the main platforms, and Warframe devs aren't sure if it's possible? Many spent hundreds if not thousands of bucks into their accounts and just get let down. Destiny 2 is definitely taking the lead here for me.

Because of how these two games handle patches.
Destiny: Patches all platforms at the same time when the update is ready. Possible because Bungie is quite large and can test a lot of bugs, and Destiny isn't as big. So testing for bugs is rather easy.
Warframe: Patches PC when patch is ready. Patches consoles later when their patches are ready. DE can't test everything, because of the vast amount of stuff in the game.

We now have 40 (?) different Warframe. Theyall behave differently in some way. So they have to make sure new things work with all the Warframes. Destiny has 3 different classes with each having 3 (?) sub-classes? So only 9 different characters...

All in all, you can't compare different games. It's not that simple...

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

Destiny works on a different schedule than warframe and is a large "buy to play" game, which means guaranteed income even for people that only play once. Warframe is f2p and I would bet at least half the players have spent less than $20 on the game. Warframe is still unfinished, adding in more content constantly, different size dev team, still plenty of bugs and to a degree, unpolished. 

The cert process is the main killer of cross-play/cross-save at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

Ok bye. 🙂

When you leave can I get your stuff? 

Archived