Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imagine calling someone bad in Warframe

IRyuubiI

Am 7.8.2020 um 00:29 schrieb ReaverKane:

He's not wrong per se. I mean, YOU're not going for high levels, but he probably is, and if you're doing less than optimal damage, that lowers HIS chances of going on because of low efficiency at the lower levels.
At 90 PS, that's not a good build, not for ESO, where you want to kill fast, not to stop the enemies away from an objective.

He left at zone 2 with all the others. We had 2 Volt´s and 2 none nuke ability frames. The efficiency was above 70 🙂

On 2020-08-06 at 9:32 AM, Aldain said:

I take it 2 steps beyond and actually use Primed Vigor and Redirection on frames with a reasonable base of shielding.

Is it comically sub-par modding? Yes. But hot dog if it hasn't saved my butt more times than I can count.

Now with Shield Gating, it's to your disadvantage to have too much shields. Recharge takes longer... but you need to fully recharge for the ~1 second invulnerability shield gating effect.

On 2020-08-06 at 1:31 PM, IRyuubiI said:

How can someone even be bad at the game when theres no endgame at the moment,

• Asking for a build (doesn't know how to mod)
  • Player does mission in high level like sorties or steel path, but has no clue on what to do (defection, sabotage are likely cenarios)
  • Player marks something that is already marked (meaning he hasn't learned the ui and assumes the extra waypoint will somehow help other players or himself), common situations are marking terminals, marked operatives, extraction.
  • Core ship sabotage has 1 of the 3 outcomes but the player only has done things 1 way at the most,  so magnetic hazard for example may lead to players defending the terminal or calling you out for not defending the terminal (keep in mind i'm not talking about new player missions, i'm talking about sorties or steel path)
  • Core ship sabotage leads to player not knowing what outcome has been trigered, often confusing magnetic hazard with the ice one, essentially meaning the ui learning (like the minimap) has been skiped, he didn't pay attention to lotus dialogue and has no practice on the mission at hand.
  • extremely high quit rate (above 10% it heavily indicates serious problems)
  • Low completion rate (below 85% and it's a serious issue)
  • Using the front door on rescues at a point in the game where you expected the player to actually know the rooms (this isn't a big deal, so while it isn't bad, it's not great either)
  • very cocky behavior but no gameplay to support it, such as dying in arbitrations before the 5 minute mark in survivals.
  • Picking secondary objectives instead of primary ones (denotes lack of practice and objective order), for example, leaving a mobile defense unatended to kill enemies or to fight stalker very far away. Also very prone to complaining if a player does things in the proper order at the correct time (regarless how good and how fast the player is, if you're not instant, they will complain about the delay), like carrying datamass terminal and inbetween defenses he finds caches, loot, secret rooms (that take a few seconds), jupiter mobile defense is a nice example.

hace 29 minutos, KIREEK dijo:
  • Asking for a build (doesn't know how to mod)
  • Player does mission in high level like sorties or steel path, but has no clue on what to do (defection, sabotage are likely cenarios)
  • Player marks something that is already marked (meaning he hasn't learned the ui and assumes the extra waypoint will somehow help other players or himself), common situations are marking terminals, marked operatives, extraction.
  • Core ship sabotage has 1 of the 3 outcomes but the player only has done things 1 way at the most,  so magnetic hazard for example may lead to players defending the terminal or calling you out for not defending the terminal (keep in mind i'm not talking about new player missions, i'm talking about sorties or steel path)
  • Core ship sabotage leads to player not knowing what outcome has been trigered, often confusing magnetic hazard with the ice one, essentially meaning the ui learning (like the minimap) has been skiped, he didn't pay attention to lotus dialogue and has no practice on the mission at hand.
  • Using the front door on rescues at a point in the game where you expected the player to actually know the rooms (this isn't a big deal, so while it isn't bad, it's not great either)
  • very cocky behavior but no gameplay to support it, such as dying in arbitrations before the 5 minute mark in survivals.
  • Picking secondary objectives instead of primary ones (denotes lack of practice and objective order), for example, leaving a mobile defense unatended to kill enemies or to fight stalker very far away. Also very prone to complaining if a player does things in the proper order at the correct time (regarless how good and how fast the player is, if you're not instant, they will complain about the delay), like carrying datamass terminal and inbetween defenses he finds caches, loot, secret rooms (that take a few seconds), jupiter mobile defense is a nice example.

• If you're like me you ask for builds all the time out of laziness or to check what other players concoct.
  • That means he doesn't know, not that he is bad. If you know and still screw up, that's when you're bad.
  • UI bugs out more often than not. I usually have to ask people to mark extraction because the marker never appears at all, not in the minimap or the extended map. Some resources have a range limit and sometimes they don't get marked at all again, because the UI bugs out more often than not. Argon is the worse offender here.
  • Ok, that's the most unlikely thing I've heard.
  • Again, not knowing doesn't mean bad at the game. Also, you'd have to be really dumb to mix those 2 up, but even if you do, it's not that it has consequences.
  • I think I have 11%, mainly because I like to test things out or sometimes because I get the wrong build or weapons or sometimes because I do the nightwave and leave. Unless you're the host, leaving has no consequences. Sometimes I just leave a group in vallis/PoE just to extract faster or sometimes I just have to fish 6 rare fishes or hunt animals for the nightwave and rather than go back to the city I go back to orbiter because I don't give a flying #*!% about the resources/standing. Sometimes I quit because someone is leeching, sometimes I quit because I'm bored. Sometimes I quit because the mission's gonna fail for some reason and it's faster than going through 2 loading screens and an end-game screen (i.e: someone tripped the final alarm on a sortie spy vault and I'm not there to fix their stupid mistake and my air support is on CD because I already fixed another idiot's mistake).
  • Se avobe.
  • Not only it's not a big deal, it's actually faster and easier to pop a cypher and go through the main door than going through the alternative ones, even if you trip the alarm. Heck, this is also true for so many spy vaults it isn't even funny. Hey, you see this EM wall that triggers the alarm but also the console's right behind? Do you think you can hack the console in 30 seconds or should you spend 2 minutes fooling around in the maze knowing that if you screw up in the maze you might not have time to reach the console? Perhaps you're the bad player here.
  • That usually means you're a jerk
  • As of right now, after the health scaling buff, it's hard as #*!% to lose an objective to the enemy. About the rest, again, jerk, not necessarily bad.

This comes from a guy who loves memorizing the wiki, cookie-cutter builds with big red numbers that instakill everything, and it's not happy unless he's top of the chart and at the very least doubling the second guy on the list.

40 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

This comes from a guy who loves memorizing the wiki, cookie-cutter builds with big red numbers that instakill everything, and it's not happy unless he's top of the chart and at the very least doubling the second guy on the list.

The situations i mentioned aren't bug related, escuses such as "That means he doesn't know" or "If you're like me you ask for builds all the time out of laziness" also reinforce the examples i gave

So thanks for agreeing with me i guess.

40 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:
  • Not only it's not a big deal, it's actually faster and easier to pop a cypher and go through the main door than going through the alternative ones,

This is incorrect, asside from the recently introduced corpus ship rescue, all the other ones is faster because........there are often no hacks involved and enemies are in most situations unable to interrupt the actual hacking that goes inside, by opening the door, you wasted 1 cypher (if allowed to do so) and you may send enemies inside the cell disrupting the players doing the actual necessary hacks.

That usually means you're a jerk

oh boy, seems you're one of those, blaming everyone but themselves.

I have no time to tutor you, please ask for help in your clan chat, feel free to insult them.

hace 8 minutos, KIREEK dijo:

This is incorrect, asside from the recently introduced corpus ship rescue, all the other ones is faster because........there are often no hacks involved and enemies are in most situations unable to interrupt the actual hacking that goes inside, by opening the door, you wasted 1 cypher (if allowed to do so) and you may send enemies inside the cell disrupting the players doing the actual necessary hacks.

You do realize that the door is in front of you while the alternatives require you to take another, longer route that's not in front of you? Do you also realize that you can hack things while invisible and untouchable using your operator? Do you also realize that a crypher bypasses the need for a hack saving precious time? Do you also realize that a cypher costs next to nothing? I'm sticking with: going through the main door is faster and easier because it is.

2 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

You do realize that the door is in front of you while the alternatives require you to take another, longer route that's not in front of you? Do you also realize that you can hack things while invisible and untouchable using your operator? Do you also realize that a crypher bypasses the need for a hack saving precious time? Do you also realize that a cypher costs next to nothing? I'm sticking with: going through the main door is faster and easier because it is.

hacking takes time and given that i have been here since the introduction of sorties (which includes sortie rescues) i have had my share of many, many rescues and i know what is faster and what isn't, it's not a fluke, it's not a very specific tileset, or a team, or a 1 time thing, or hazard, or a weapon, or a warframe.

it's everytime, all the time, if you doubt this, i can't help you.

hace 1 minuto, KIREEK dijo:

hacking takes time and given that i have been here since the introduction of sorties (which includes sortie rescues) i have had my share of many, many rescues and i know what is faster and what isn't, it's not a fluke, it's not a very specific tileset, or a team, or a 1 time thing, or hazard, or a weapon, or a warframe.

it's everytime, all the time, if you doubt this, i can't help you.

Look, whatever. I don't care. If you feel the need to win an inconsequential argument, congrats. You've won the argument. 

3 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Player marks something that is already marked (meaning he hasn't learned the ui and assumes the extra waypoint will somehow help other players or himself), common situations are marking terminals, marked operatives, extraction.

Actually I do this because Player Marks work better than the Default Mark sometimes.

I no longer consider these Stats to be valid. There's just alot of situations where quitting makes sense. 

Using the front door on rescues at a point in the game where you expected the player to actually know the rooms (this isn't a big deal, so while it isn't bad, it's not great either)

Isn't going through the front faster ? Don't get me wrong... I always go around and find some other way but kicking down the front door always seems faster to me barring a few exceptions... Not many really.

2 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

That means he doesn't know, not that he is bad. If you know and still screw up, that's when you're bad.

Makes Sense 🙂

•  
  • UI bugs out more often than not. I usually have to ask people to mark extraction because the marker never appears at all, not in the minimap or the extended map. Some resources have a range limit and sometimes they don't get marked at all again, because the UI bugs out more often than not. Argon is the worse offender here.

I can Testify to this happening often enough to be annoying.

Not only it's not a big deal, it's actually faster and easier to pop a cypher and go through the main door than going through the alternative ones, even if you trip the alarm. Heck, this is also true for so many spy vaults it isn't even funny. Hey, you see this EM wall that triggers the alarm but also the console's right behind? Do you think you can hack the console in 30 seconds or should you spend 2 minutes fooling around in the maze knowing that if you screw up in the maze you might not have time to reach the console? Perhaps you're the bad player here.

Just one note about Spice Missions. You should atleast do 1 vault undetected... Other wise space mom makes you do an impromptu Exterminate mission.

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Actually now that there's a Parazon Mod that has a 50% chance to Auto Hack for you Hacking doesn't take as long..  

Auto Breach.... That's it's name 🙂

in my experience I usually arrive in the holding cell at roughly the same time as whoever is Hacking when it comes to Sortie Rescues...

On 2020-08-06 at 6:01 PM, IRyuubiI said:

Played eso with Volt. I have enough range and duration on my build but 90 percent strength. Its enough for the first zones. (im only going for the first zones at the moment for mastery). There was another Volt in my Squad who told me then that im bad at the game because im not doing high damage. Told him that i dont need that much but he continues saying "youre bad at the game". Its the first time for me hearing something like this in warframe, thought the community wasnt that toxic. How can someone even be bad at the game when theres no endgame at the moment, i can easily go steel path kuva survival for multiple hours with frames like ash. Should i report him?

they won't take your report seriously. instead they will just tell you to stop wasting their time and move on. you can already cheese the game yeah? you already know there is no skill involved in warframe.

Lol the tryhards out there are pretty funny sometimes, but your better off just messing with them or taking what they say as banter.
I have only ever encountered 2 or 3 toxic tenno, my favorite being:

Hydron - 201?,  Whilst xp farming, a tenno brings a maxed out saryn, presses 4, then starts flaming one of the guys for having less then 5% of the damage done and ends up leaving at wave 5 cuz "everyone is just leeching". This Saryn was obviously a migratory genji main who spends 90% of thier time looking at their stats and thinking they matter. 

I personnaly don't bother reporting people, maybe they had a really bad day or something (which doesn't excuse rude behaviour).
The most I would ever do is block someone, and at the very least flame em back, "Sorry, can't hear you over the youtube guide your following",
or maybe even  " Aight my bad for not being a tryhard "

Then again thats me and you are you so if you feel that this persons behaviour is bad enough to merit some kind of punishment, then you can report them.
But I feel that DE won't do anything serious unless they are being top tier levels of toxic (and this guy probs only rates a 2-3/10 on the toxic scale)

16 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

It's considered a $&*^ move to go for leveling in ESO. SO is the mode for that. Then again expecting anything from pugs....

Hol up, doesn't ESO only take maxed frames? Also most meta's have a saryn kill everything whilst the others just buff / heal them so isnt it okay to take rank 0 gear as long as you don't need to kill things? Of course thats only the case with premade squads but as long as you are actually trying to kill things in a pub mission then there isnt anything wrong with using it for leveling, if you don't want leeches then play solo or friends only, if our not good enough to do it solo and have no friends (can relate) the maybe you're leeching? (JK thats a joke btw ~ you're beautiful and everything you do is amazing, no one get insulted by it).

On 2020-08-06 at 2:31 PM, IRyuubiI said:

Played eso with Volt. I have enough range and duration on my build but 90 percent strength. Its enough for the first zones. (im only going for the first zones at the moment for mastery). There was another Volt in my Squad who told me then that im bad at the game because im not doing high damage.

Considdering information you provide, I would side with the other palyer. Since I do not know your other stats, it is possible you indeed deal low damage and have low killspead. Especially in a case of a second Volt, it is likely you blocked him from doing better damage.
The second issue is - why are you using Volt in ESO for lvling your weapons? Kills done with Frame abilities contribute 0Exp to your weapons. Then there is an issue with people who only stay for 1-2 zones and leave, breaking squads in the process, or even worse - forcing host migration. 

Maybe, the other palyer delivered his messege in a rough/unfriendly way, but they have a valid point.

В 06.08.2020 в 15:31, IRyuubiI сказал:

How can someone even be bad at the game

you will be surpsised.

although dealing high damage and stuff i see as secondary factor across entire starchart i consider players bad when they ignore certain game mechanics which designed to encourage teamplay. these are affinity range and spawn points mechanics which majority of players ignore for one reason or another. oh well. this is why i play solo most of the time.

as example i brought nekros on some survival several months back, and i got some mid level players with me. so i picked a room with a short travel distance for mobs, marked that location and asked nicely for these players to arrive at this location. instead these players were doing their own thing across entire map, as result we got a bad spawn rate, low drop rates etc. and some nezha a****t asked a question of me "nekros do you know what desecrate does?"

>_>

В 06.08.2020 в 17:43, Firedtm сказал:

toxic people like him need to be weeded out.

or maybe people should grow a thicker skin.

3 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

or maybe people should grow a thicker skin.

Growing a thicker skin maybe great for older players, it only kills new players that have thinner skins.

report the toxic people, there is NO Reason a person should lash out at others, this is a game not life and death.

On 2020-08-06 at 2:31 PM, IRyuubiI said:

thought the community wasnt that toxic

Every community is toxic to some degree. There are not communities where everyone is sunshine and rainbows. However, there's considerably less toxic people playing Warframe due to it's Co-Op and non-competitive nature.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Firedtm:

Growing a thicker skin maybe great for older players, it only kills new players that have thinner skins.

report the toxic people, there is NO Reason a person should lash out at others, this is a game not life and death.

I'm trying to remember an instance where I saw someone say "it's just a game" and it wasn't to justify them not caring about the experience everyone else is having, and as much as I try, I can't remember a single one.

Here's my thoughts on the matter:

1) "You're bad at the game" isn't reason enough to report someone. That's ridiculous.

2) If other people take notice of how bad your damage is and it annoys them enough to make them comment on it, maybe your damage isn't as "enough" as you think it is.

It’s really up to you whether or not you want to report him.

That said, it takes a special kind of idiot to expect people to play a certain way in a pub match.

If the guy was really serious about playing ESO, he should be in a pre-made via recruiting chat.

36 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

1) "You're bad at the game" isn't reason enough to report someone. That's ridiculous.

it not that he told the OP that he was bad at the game, it the fact that he escalated it by continuing to call him it after the OP asked him to stop.

Archived