Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.2

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Yuilogy said:

i agree but its not the tokens that are the problem its the fact that the rank 3 rank up cost is so absurd.Everyone is blaming tokens this and tokens that but lets put it this way if the rank up cost was 30 condroc tags would that be okay? NO its the cost not the tokens the tokens are a positive the requirement for so many conservation (SON) tokens is the problem

If we didn't have tokens, we wouldn't have this problem. If it required resources like every other syndicate in game this would be playable. The "upside" to tokens is I can do bounties till I pass out on my keyboard due to lack of sleep(why would you do that to yourself is beyond me) and not have any "wasted" standing. You still are locked behind the daily standing cap. The tokens are new & shiny and they offer a different system, but if DE did it correctly there is little to no benefit. Who cares if I can stock pile thousands of tokens in a week, you still have to deal with how much you can turn in a day(which is NOT the problem).

43 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Please reconsider the Token mechanic as it's annoying to be forced into conservation for progression.

Please fix the "Upload Data bounty" bonus objective. It doesn't seem to work. There's no information on how it works so I don't know what to say...

The bonus objective does work, each player needs to turn in the data for it to get to 100%, if you fail that means 1 or more people in your squad have not done this. It is not bugged. 

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Conservation Entrati member now sells a Tranq Rifle for those who have not yet acquired one from Fortuna.

Guys, come on. Please get to the heart of the issue. Please view our feedback threads. Conservation should not be a mandatory activity. It should not gate access to Helminth. Please remove the requirements for Son tokens to progress standing. I will not be doing this side-content, so Helminth will remain locked to me. Please recognize this as a really bad design decision, and remove mandatory floofs! 

Still waiting for a fix for syndicate medallions spawning inside walls and unreachable places like an unopenable prisoner containment tube in corpus ship tiles? This bug exists since the tile set arrived with the deadlock protocol and makes things harder for people like me who tries to switch syndicates and buy out everything they offer

1 minute ago, disrawtomato said:

Why nerfing mother tokens from bounties?token-nerf.png

TBH I expected this to happen and saved up last night while the getting was good. 

I was getting like almost twice the standing from turning in Mother tokens as I was from doing bounties on PoE and Vallis. I didn't want to say anything but I had a feeling DE would notice before long. 

I did a R5 bouny before bed last night and got even more than the UI showed me as reward before mission, I had over 100 mother tokens from a single bounty. 

I've seen a few comments about scintillant. And I'd like to add mine.
Please do fix scintillant drops. The amount required for some of the fathers tokens suggests like it should be way more common than it is. Right now it is nearly unobtainium.
DE bad. Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Guys, come on. Please get to the heart of the issue. Please view our feedback threads. Conservation should not be a mandatory activity. It should not gate access to Helminth. Please remove the requirements for Son tokens to progress standing. I will not be doing this side-content, so Helminth will remain locked to me. Please recognize this as a really bad design decision, and remove mandatory floofs! 

+1

13 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

Sir, you do realize that the token mechanic , albeit enabling the requirement for you to do the conservation, also enables grinding tokens in advance, something you cannot do with standing. Some people don't have 6 hours a day minimum to play, for people that work long and late shifts its easier to stockpile the tokens for a week ahead in their off day and just login and dump them, without disrupting their schedule.

The system IS convenient. I understand it may be annoying to hunt animals, I personally do not completely approve of the tag costs for Son tokens, especially when it wants 6 tags from two different species for a mere single token. The system is not bad, what makes it annoying is the inconsistency (and sometimes outright ripoff) in the exchange for tokens. 

IMHO an adjust in those tag costs per token will fix the annoying factor. It is silly to suggest you should be able to completely skip a part of the system to progress. It is a rank up requirement, not a daily thing you should do, it still takes 2 days to go from 2 to 3 no matter your MR, for 2 days you can easily obtain the tokens if you pay attention. It is intended to show you around the different parts of the update after all, not just do bounties bam max, or mine and bam max, it would beat the point in adding the additional content and just make it feel like quote "disconnected island" .

In Fortuna i would mime the hell of the gems for weekend and stockpile em for work week, to be exchanged during it. So this is not new at all just overly complicated with crazy requirements (sons tokens).  Best thing imho is to remove subspecies requirement from his tokens. Simple as that and yet it will make life easier for all of us especially for those who dont like it.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

TBH I expected this to happen and saved up last night while the getting was good. 

I was getting like almost twice the standing from turning in Mother tokens as I was from doing bounties on PoE and Vallis. I didn't want to say anything but I had a feeling DE would notice before long. 

I did a R5 bouny before bed last night and got even more than the UI showed me as reward before mission, I had over 100 mother tokens from a single bounty. 

So that the insufferable token grinding is even worse now. It's almost as they read the forum and do the exact opposite.

Seriously, being forced to do animal captures is really toxic, also why is Scintillant still extremely rare to get? This is a game where people come to have fun, no work them selves to the bone and waste their time just to be able to slap a single ability on another character or build a clunky slow robot.

The community is literally crying out about the laboursome token system but you guys ain't budging, what's the point of chasing away the players?

25 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Jesus christ people, stop whining about scintillant drop rate. 
It is basically like CETUS WISP

You have to do the vault run!

You can find scintillant there flying about. Melee it and get it nearly guaranteed every time.

Stop complaining on forums and play the game.

The problem with the drop table is very obvious. A workaround does not fix that, but the tip is appreciated.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Cambion Drift Isolation Vault Bounties giving a reward of any rarity for all 3 difficulty tiers. Now they correctly give Common at tier 1, Uncommon at tier 2, and Rare at tier 3.

So previously we could only do one tier of vaults. Now after this patch you kind of added additional tiers, but they do not function well and are buggy as hell. 

My friend and I did a vault after the patch. You can only pick one tier in town so we did that. I guess that's tier 1. After that, we were able to do another vault while still in the same game by talking to mother, which was something we could not do prior to this hotfix (previously we had to go back to town to start a new one every time). That was apparently a tier 2 vault as it had 2 guardians instead of 1 and was higher level. This worked, though it was basically just doing another vault with all stages being the same, it was not going deeper in the tunnel we had already done. I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to be or not. I thought there was supposed to be a dynamic system that involves going deeper in the same tunnel, but that doesn't seem to exist or function currently. 

Then we got to tier 3. To me, the host, there was NOT another vault available at mother in-game, but my friend did have access to a a higher level vault and activated it. The intro part to open the key to throw at a door bugged out and skipped right to the toxin stage. We did that and went into the vault. There were 3 guardians. We killed them, and went to open the vault. It was already open. There was nothing to open or do at that point. So essentially it wasted our time doing the toxin stage and then the 3 guardians stage only to be in an already open vault with no resources to obtain. 

I was entirely sure that Scintillant not dropping ANYWHERE outside the boring-ass low-level bounties was an unfortunate bug, been telling my clan about it, turns out it isn't. Every token pack from Father that's more than a pitiful 1 or 2 requires Scintillant, at a minimum of 3 bits, maximum of 8. I have been grinding all day and haven't seen ONE scintillant, and many clanmates haven't seen it either. Seems I was wrong about it.

I was also certain that the absolute egregiousness of Son token prices is a bitter mistake that would be fixed immediately, but it seems I was wrong again. Sixteen animal captures for one measly #*!%ing coin, that seems like a not-oversight at all. Also, the infuriating fact that even the lowest piss-poor 1 token exchanges EACH require multiple species?! You can't even vomit all your common animals out and grind tokens bit by bit, it's a COMPLETE S#&$show. Sure, the ground animals spawn around the map, which is their ONLY saving grace, but what about the Avichaea, which can only be gotten through insufferable one by one capture? Oh, and of course, the best part of it is that there's no possibility to get a group to hunt with you, because captures are only shared in affinity radius. 

So, the Conservation is tedious, boring, impossible to do in groups, so you have to go solo, every painstaking capture through the orange hellscape brings you almost nothing because tags are now worthless, requiring exorbitant amount per token. That also renders the RARELY EVER USED strategy of gaining standing by capturing rare animals which would give you 5-7 k per perfect capture. Now they give you, on average, 500 or so. Conservation is now both MANDATORY and is made completely useless. Two steps back from what I assumed was a perfectly functional system developed in Fortuna, which treated it like a side-hobby rather than a job. A superpowered murder machine forced to very slowly capture wild cats and dogs, what a fun new mandatory addition to the gameplay.

Tokens by themselves are fine, it's the sudden and unpleasant obsession with forcing you to do everything that you could enjoy at your leisure. 

37 minutes ago, Dinosaurus05 said:

can you stop son from murdering pets we save via conversation? i save an animal and it isn't in revigoration menu. i miss those medjay's sly's and cresent's...

I wondered if I was either seeing things (or lackthereof), or missing some important info.

If it's timegated (bc they're 'weakened' when caught, and sometimes Son's dialog does seem to imply hurrying...), I would love to know so I have the other materials needed on-hand to combine them and make the pet before they get stuffed and put on display by him lol...

Tbf, he seems like he does care about the preds and vulps, but idk if the creatures disappearing is intentional or a bug.

Archived