Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marked for Nerf is a thing that happened but saryn exists.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

45 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Shouldn't all of this be a matter of record in the patch notes history on the wiki? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Saryn#Patch History

Why rely on memory when we have a wiki with a written record of every change?      

Because leaving the fact that the wiki has such means that we can spew nonsense and misinformation that seems like truth for those uninformed.

2 hours ago, Orblit said:

It didn't need that hard a nerf...but it was also useless outside of solo or a planned group.

Saryn also doesn't press a 2 button combo then instantly gib the entire room...takes time to reach that

with a correct build for what the aim is in a perfect condition , one can set up more than 10k+ for tick spore damage and no need for recast once you do it , and that is just solo , it gets better and better if saryn gets to have a specilized support that can stop a target from dying hust to cultivate more spores thus reaching ridiculous numbers for not so much effort , for M4D to do its job even before , the range wasnt too good it had LoS and you need to constantly group some enemies as one group dies and the another pack of enemies come into the tileset , althoug both require minimalistic player input  ,saying that saryn cant do that in survivlas or ESO/SO is simply wrong , it takes only one cast to start the chain and it only gets better if there is a premade group , mind you M4D required solo setups . 

i mean for sure saryns' is not a 400+ million/billions of 20 meter nuke from just one finisher on a poor guy but at the end of the day its same sht but better because of the spore mechanics making itself dps/soft nuke in 200 meters range after 1-2-5 minutes depending on build and whatnot .

On 2020-09-22 at 9:01 PM, Traumtulpe said:

I am pretty sure you are just wrong. Miasma previously caused a Viral proc with every damage tick, it was changed to proc only once when Viral stacking was introduced - directly reducing the duration of the proc by about 50% (since it previously was effectively Miasma duration + status duration).

That should have zero impact on whatever you do though since nothing that you use miasma to kill will survive the time miasma ticks and if it is a situation where something does, then you will recast miasma at the end of the ticks eitherway. Miasma currenctly falls off 25% earlier than the viral proc from it. So there is a good window to reapply it in such cases where your initial miasma+spores doesnt kill the targets without having the viral stack falling off. Which in those situations means your follow up miasma versus those mobs will be stronger than previously since it has time to stack for those few seconds.

So the skill is better in the situations where you actually need to or have the option to recast it. I mean, it is pointless to have the viral stay far longer after miasma ends since the viral status deals no damage, so you need to recast miasma for highest AoE damage either way.

On 2020-09-20 at 7:53 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Saryn is intended to be effective against hordes.

So was M4D. It was the balance to all nuking frames like Saryn and Volt. Now only 2-3 frames will ever benefit from it. DE needs to break down all the nuking abilities to balance their concept of OP abilities. Especially all the abilities that don't use the mechanic of LoS "for damage."

On 2020-09-20 at 4:51 PM, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Sayrn takes time to kill. Mark for death could nuke instantly for cheap, energy wise.

If you measure abilities solely by TTK, then I guess you'd be fine with Miasma using line of sight and having 10m range. Spore spreading might need some range cut too.

This still needs to be dealt with. M4D is still bad. Requires multiple casts to do anything when I tested after the patch, because the HP cap exists. Unless you build for max power, which gimps everything else. Unless they've done a hidden change to mess with it (I haven't logged in since the patch that """buffed""" it) then it still needs to be brought back up to being usable for anything.

Wasn't the idea that frames have a speciality role, some are spy, some are tanks, controllers and some are dps?

I think people should be able to dominate, with enough work put into their frame, or there'd be no sense of accomplisment.

Any frame is ridiculous in strength in their area of expertise and remove any kind of challenge.

But the overall issue is you can't add by subtracting. Nerfing can be necessary but is very rarely a good idea. My worry is they are willing to turn the fun down immediately but has done zero to turn the fun up, in any shape or form.

Didn't everyone already tell them 23 billion times what abilities were going to be ignored prior to the fact.

No we are definately adding zero positive changes.

Then you are just subtracting from the game.

8 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Nerfing can be necessary but is very rarely a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

No we are definately adding zero positive changes.

Then you are just subtracting from the game.

Unfortunately, this is DE's entire design philosophy. Refuse to nerf things that overpower EVERYTHING, or buff things that are so bad they're borderline useless.

All they know how to do is subtract from the game outside of content drops. God forbid youtubers say this thing is fun and cool and strong, then they nerf things without need and anger the players more. Idk who runs the balancing team but they really need to either get their head out of their bum, or learn to balance better. Nerfs are never the way to go, in 70% of cases in this game.

Fixes? Sure. Fix mods overcapping stats, fix armor from not effecting this thing or that, fix a specific interaction killing an enemy for NaN damage and locking up the game or something. (Purely examples, I don't think these in specific have been an issue) But outright nerfing things is not okay. And ESPECIALLY not when mass kill frames exist. They have their role, like you said, but DE seems to think they're the only ones allowed to be effective most of the time.

Archived