Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a better nidus than nidus?

cha0sWyrM

ok so...nidus is, BY FAR, my favorite frame. i love the theme, i love the look, i love the kit...hes awesome in every way.

however....inaros with larva is easily a better nidus than nidus. i wish it wasnt so...but i cant deny it any more. they are both unkillable tanks with so so cc best used for missions where all you need to do is stay alive long enough to complete whatever it is you need to do, and neither of them are energy hungry.

to that end...nidus kills more/faster, but inaros is easier to keep alive. simply because you dont need to do much. nidus requires killing groups for stacks....he isnt very mobile (read...not mobile at all), and when playing in a squad, stacks are tough to come by because other players see that fat ball of tentacles and cant help themselves from smacking it....stealing kills and more importantly...my stacks.

inaros dont need none 'o that. slap larva on him...give him a kuva nukor and a nice melee weapon and be on your way killing everyone with immortal impunity. i know, i know, nidus has a bit better cc, and is a tad more of a "team player", still, hes mostly a tank, used for tanking.

im a little sad. i realize some players dont like him as hes a simple frame to play, but i like inaros well enough...but...hes nowhere near as cool as nidus. with larva though...its difficult to not take him for just about any mission i might take nidus for.

if i plan on doing long arbitrations, or soloing a level 5 lich...inaros, now that hes got larva, seems clearly the better choice. it seems that these 2 frames that were always kind of similar in function and use...are even more so now, except that gaining nidus ability has made inaros the better nidus.

i certainly am willing to listen to how im wrong though...someone get me excited for my infested boi again.

Inaros is just a giant health pool with one redeeming skill that only serves the player and not the squad. He isn't a squad frame, it's a pretty selfish playstyle. 

Nidus offers support and CC with Larva, Parasitic Link and Ravenous, you don't even need to swap any of his skills out because he functions so well with his kit. It's more interactive than just spamming kronen prime or whatever the hot stuff melee is at that moment. For a quick mission, Inaros would be the better option and for longer runs you could easily have nidus in there decimating the map.

It's comparing apples and oranges really.

As someone who loves Nidus, I have some refutations.

1. Inaros can't build mutation stacks like Nidus can.

2. Nidus's passive makes him invulnerable for 5 seconds with 15 mutation stacks.

3. Utilizing all of Nidus's abilities (with less emphasis on 2) will make building stacks incredibly fast, effectively making him permanently immortal.

4. Nidus scales far better into endurance runs than Inaros will by virtue of his passive. There are videos of him in action against level 2000+ enemies, though he has to rely on specters and armor stripping for damage.

I beg to differ tbh. Nidus can stay alive quite a bit longer because consuming stacks to proc Undying gives him the edge. Inaros doesn’t have this unique quality compared to Nidus.

I’ve done several 1 hour+ Infested Survival Arbitrations to safely say that it is very, very easy for Inaros to get OHKO’d. Nidus’ Undying is his saving grace.

unless you're in a scenario that Abilities can't be used, Nidus is a better Inaros than Inaros. because Nidus is more durable.
not that this is saying all that much necessarily, there are quite a few Warframes that are harder to Kill than Inaros as long as Abilities can be used.

Nidus is sufficiently mobile so long as you don't have low Range (which you... shouldn't). as the only limitation to your mobility is how far Parasitic Link reaches.
you don't need to stack Nidus to 100. it's almost always pointless to. you just need to have enough ticks on the Gauge to be able to use Parasitic Link freely. so you only need hits here and there, to maintain that as you expend it.

and no, Nidus' revive Passive is not why Nidus is good.

I mean there's always natural talent so your spam takes less time; therefore, you can be more mobile. I mean natural talent was usually the last mod I thought of, but as someone who tried (and failed) to get blazing step ephemera when it was still in ESO, it made other Saryn players despise me.....god I hate playing public.

Now you could always join the Valkyr Prime full umbral master race and replace her 4 with larva (I'm not biased at all)

22 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Inaros is just a giant health pool with one redeeming skill that only serves the player and not the squad. He isn't a squad frame, it's a pretty selfish playstyle. 

Nidus offers support and CC with Larva, Parasitic Link and Ravenous, you don't even need to swap any of his skills out because he functions so well with his kit. It's more interactive than just spamming kronen prime or whatever the hot stuff melee is at that moment. For a quick mission, Inaros would be the better option and for longer runs you could easily have nidus in there decimating the map.

It's comparing apples and oranges really.

nidus cc and support are negligible at best, and not what hes used for....and giving inaros larva makes his cc nearly as good....nearly. saying hes not a squad frame is or is a "selfish playstyle" is simply wrong.....if your inaros isnt helping your squad...well youre either bringing him on the wrong missions...or not using him to his strengths. tell all the squad-mates ive revived in arbitrations that im not helping the squad. or tell everyone whos getting stomped by their lich until inaros shows up and face tanks it till it melts that hes not helping.

besides....nidus isnt exactly a support frame is he?, and both inaros and nidus are solo friendly frames.

you can talk all day about not using abilities or whatever...but theres something to be said for not needing to rely on finicky ability mechanics to be good. nidus requires a decent ramp up before hes doing much of anything in a mission....hes entirely useless for several mission types as the rest of the squad can finish the mission before nidus even gets the 15 stacks he needs to not die.

as far as apples and oranges go... not sure what fruits have to do with anything, im comparing tanks to tanks, and now...with larva...inaraos is clearly the better tank.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

I guess this is what the Helminth system was designed to do, no? Give stubborn mains a viable alternative by allowing them to literally build their own Warframe. 

I suggest you find a killer Helminth combination for Nidus, and tell me about it, a fellow Nidus main. 😘

ive been trying to think of what would go well...so far i havent come up with anything id want to swap. the only ability really you dont need for the stack mechanic to work properly is parasitic link....but then...what to put there? i dont know. i dont have enough extra frames to feed to experiment much....but im working on it.

“Nidus is useless because he requires a ramp-up and it’s impossible to gain stacks.”

latest?cb=20180629023934

It always surprises me that people tend to either forget about this augment, or they’re not using Larva in conjunction with Ravenous to get their stacks.

And yes, Parasitic Link is a pretty amazing ability. Very good DR ability when tagging an enemy, or if warranted a good way to buff an ally.

9 minutes ago, Akula_Rose said:
18 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Nidus is sufficiently mobile so long as you don't have low Range (which you... shouldn't). as the only limitation to your mobility is how far Parasitic Link reaches.
you don't need to stack Nidus to 100. it's almost always pointless to. you just need to have enough ticks on the Gauge to be able to use Parasitic Link freely. so you only need hits here and there, to maintain that as you expend it.

and no, Nidus' revive Passive is not why Nidus is good.

hmm....tbh, ive mostly ignored parasitic link. i mean...sure ill use it, but its mostly an afterthought, maybe i should look into utilizing it more.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

“Nidus is useless because he requires a ramp-up and it’s impossible to gain stacks.”

latest?cb=20180629023934

It always surprises me that people tend to either forget about this augment, or they’re not using Larva in conjunction with Ravenous to get their stacks.

And yes, Parasitic Link is a pretty amazing ability. Very good DR ability when tagging an enemy, or if warranted a good way to buff an ally.

im not ignoring it. i use it. he still needs a ramp up.

and wheres that quote supposed to be from? no one said that

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

latest?cb=20180629023934

this mod its another lackluster....using or not...same crap.

Khora is the best Nidus.

Limbo is the best Inaros, best Gara and best Frost.

Banshee is the best Ember, best Ash, best Equinox, best Saryn, best everything.

Harrow is the best at being as good as Banshee.

Hydroid is the best Vauban and a better Nidus because he has tentacles.

Grendel is the best Rhino because he is thiccer.

Trinity is the best Wisp and best Oberon by abusing the shieldgating mechanic with Vampire Leech and Blessing team wide.

Nidus has a neat kit, but it has a gaping flaw. As you posted you can’t buold stacks with allies. If you play a lot of Nidus you know you run off alone to build stacks or get frustrated and just don’t use your powers at all. At some point you’ll stop playing him.

Ive posted a fix and DE does use my ideas once and a while so if I post it 300 times some one at some point from the design team is going to look at it.

Revives cost 30

cosmetic change every 3 stacks.

Gain 1 stack when an ally kills an enemy in affinity range. 

There hes he’s now a team play frame.

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

That only shows how clueless you are in the game .

oh thank you wise old sage for your invigorating, insightful, well thought out, constructive addition to our humble discussion. it is both an honor and a privilege to be in the presence of a warframe master such as yourself. im sure i speak for us all when i say your contributions here are both relevant and informative.

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

just did a quick survival arbi with nidus.

i said in the beginning that nidus is my favorite frame...and he still is. hes far more fun to play than inaros is, i still think inaros is the better tank. nidus has no answer for drones making everything immune....cant use larva or build stacks on those guys...and killing the drone also kills all the enemies it was protecting so....still no stacks. you gotta get kinda lucky with spawns and hope you get a nice group with no drones for your 4 (with the augment)....even then, squad steals your kills/stacks most of the time.

with inaros...you just run around on a kill crazy rampage...you dont have to worry about drones or really much of anything. but as i mentioned...not quite as "fun".

Archived