Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the game still button spam?

SpringRocker

I haven't been on in a long time, is this game still more about spamming a button than anything else?

Is melee still just a spam blender? Do guns still clear whole rooms by shooting the ground? Frames still running around with infinite energy that kills everything just by hitting an ability?

yes.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Isn't all game is just at it's core button spamming? You are spamming WASD as you move so...

the statement refers to a game that can be played by mashing buttons, where tactical decisions are largely superfluous or even functionally useless.

45 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Is melee still just a spam blender?

Yes. There's hypothetically more to it with many having some decent-ish mobility, and you've got the directional ground slam for some movement shenanigans and the heavy slam to setup for combos... but it's dramatically more effective to spam. :\

46 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Do guns still clear whole rooms by shooting the ground?

Not whole rooms at least? Though depending on when you last played, that might just be because there's a lot more big rooms now.

However, explosive weapons are still 100% the meta.

47 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Frames still running around with infinite energy that kills everything just by hitting an ability?

Yeah, pretty much.

On 2020-09-26 at 7:36 PM, SpringRocker said:

I haven't been on in a long time, is this game still more about spamming a button than anything else?

Is melee still just a spam blender? Do guns still clear whole rooms by shooting the ground? Frames still running around with infinite energy that kills everything just by hitting an ability?

Yes. And unfortunately, I still miss my corpus spy :heartbroken:

On 2020-09-27 at 3:36 AM, SpringRocker said:

Yes to all and more than ever before.

Archived