Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Youtube creators creating unnecessary drama

Brosef42

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

But yes their are worse offenders like LifeOfRio who is just negative as hell for literally no reason, but he is taken imo a lot less seriously by most serious players so I don't really consider him even worth mentioning. Brozime gets mentioned because I think he has at least an iota of good faith in his attempts at commentary, unlike people like LifeOfRio.

My point. Compare Brozime to the likes of Rahetalius, Life of Rio or AGG, hes actually commenting on the game with good intention rather than doing what OP is suggesting "creating a bigger divide between the community and the developers.". And its normal to exaggerate when you are speculating which he usually does.

Most of his content is speculating on a frames ability before release, or a feature like the Helmynth system. Its normal to have concerns about an ability being OP based on Devstreams, and date released. Is it automatically means hes attacking DE and "creating divide" between DE and the community?

That said there are worst content creators that do this. Thus why i said.. Its weird to see Brozimes name mentioned rather than Rahetalius who makes videos about DE sucks and heres why or some other drivel.  I'm not defending him really. I was expecting someone elses name being called out when i saw the title. Thats all.

Just now, DissentWomble said:

My point. Compare Brozime to the likes of Rahetalius, Life of Rio or AGG, hes actually commenting on the game with good intention rather than doing what OP is suggesting "creating a bigger divide between the community and the developers.". And its normal to exaggerate when you are speculating which he usually does.

Most of his content is speculating on a frames ability before release, or a feature like the Helmynth system. Its normal to have concerns about an ability being OP based on Devstreams, and date released. Is it automatically means hes attacking DE and "creating divide" between DE and the community?

That said there are worst content creators that do this. Thus why i said.. Its weird to see Brozimes name mentioned rather than Rahetalius who makes videos about DE sucks and heres why or some other drivel.  I'm not defending him really. I was expecting someone elses name being called out when i saw the title. Thats all.

Like I said, I think Brozime gets called out because he skates the edge while at least having some measure of good intention at the end of the day. 

I'll put it this way, I don't even bring up people like LifeOfRio, until others have, because I consider him so excessively negative he is not worth mentioning. Like, I was away from the game for a couple years, and I kept seeing LifeOfRio video suggestions from Youtube, and as someone who didn't know what was going on with WF at the time, all the titles of his vids suggested to me that the game was literally about to die. Without even watching the videos, it gave me the impression he is bitter, and hates the game, but sees ranting about it as a moneymaker. 

Brozime gets called out, imo, because he often comes across as overly negative, or many feel he influences lesser knowledge players to parrot silly negative opinions, but at the same time still has a part of him that genuinely cares about the game and hope it succeeds, as misguided as he may be, and as much as he may exaggerate. In other words, we consider him worth calling out because we think he skates the line of usefulness sometimes and is worth appealing to or arguing about, as negative as he is, he is another player who at the end of the day invests in WF because it's one of his favorite games. 

People like LifeOfRio, on the other hand, are not worth the time of day. 

All these YT's you guys are mentioning serve a purpose for when you are first learning the ropes but you outgrow them pretty fast.

Some of them that I do find useful even to this day are StallordD and DADEFUYE lore videos because I usually miss all of the text during gameplay cause I am single-threaded.

These guys help me make sense of wtf that quest just meant.

21 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

Thank god. Someone read my post. I'm quoting him exactly. It's not just me saying he is creating drama. He literally admitted to it.

Yea brozime creates drama for sure based in your quote in the original post, but I don’t think it’s in the same category of just drama baiting for the sake of views and money. He doesn’t make rant videos that often and most of the time uses data to support his points pretty well. I know he gets brung up so often but Rio fits the criteria for drama baiting for the sake of dividing the community, dude made videos with obvious clickbaity and vague titles and thumbnails, always proceeding to ramble about white knights and “avocados” or whatever. Those really aren’t the type of videos Brozime makes at all, and I think he’s one of the least damaging content creators for the community when it comes to criticism. 

Also find it weird why you don’t mention Rahetalius in your post, he’s been involved in almost all of the warframe drama lately

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Like I said, I think Brozime gets called out because he skates the edge while at least having some measure of good intention at the end of the day. 

I'll put it this way, I don't even bring up people like LifeOfRio, until others have, because I consider him so excessively negative he is not worth mentioning. Like, I was away from the game for a couple years, and I kept seeing LifeOfRio video suggestions from Youtube, and as someone who didn't know what was going on with WF at the time, all the titles of his vids suggested to me that the game was literally about to die. Without even watching the videos, it gave me the impression he is bitter, and hates the game, but sees ranting about it as a moneymaker. 

Brozime gets called out, imo, because he often comes across as overly negative, or many feel he influences lesser knowledge players to parrot silly negative opinions, but at the same time still has a part of him that genuinely cares about the game and hope it succeeds, as misguided as he may be, and as much as he may exaggerate. In other words, we consider him worth calling out because we think he skates the line of usefulness sometimes and is worth appealing to or arguing about, as negative as he is, he is another player who at the end of the day invests in WF because it's one of his favorite games. 

People like LifeOfRio, on the other hand, are not worth the time of day. 

Not sure what you want from me. I've answered OPs post and you're just repeating yourself and ignoring or just didn't read my points about him exagerating.  Seems like you're agreeing with me but want me to put Brozime in a bad light but I can't when there are worst culprits here which again is why i made my first post. I was expecting someone elses name mentioned so its unexpected.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

Also find it weird why you don’t mention Rahetalius in your post, he’s been involved in almost all of the warframe drama lately

Do you have a direct quote of rhaetalius saying he exaggerates his anger for views. If you do post and the source like I did. I will gladly criticize him if he has. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

This is an issue that SHOULD be addressed and its quite surprising that its not brought up enough. Everyone's always calling out de for their wrong doing (which is a good thing) but the critique against these creators and the toxic environment theyve spawned is so null and void that its ridiculous.  

Im glad de is going based of data because you cant rely on some one like brozime who has a completely different perspective of fun compared to other yotubers and expect for the rest of the community to react the same way.

How can i call them out when i have never watched a single one of them? You should ask DE why they labeled them as "content creators" or whatever and give them benefits for pushing out that drivel.

Also, when tribes have to deal with each other, they fight. You know "Our idol is right, your idol is wrong! DIE!" And so it goes, only with a lot less actual violence. "Toxicity" indeed.

Just now, DissentWomble said:

Not sure what you want from me. I've answered OPs post and you're just repeating yourself and ignoring or just didn't read my points about him exagerating.  Seems like you're agreeing with me but want me to put Brozime in a bad light but I can't when there are worst culprits here which again is why i made my first post. I was expecting someone elses name mentioned so its unexpected.

I don't want anything from you. 

At risk of being accused of "repeating myself" again: others being worse doesn't mean his approach isn't an issue. Exxaggerating isn't okay just because "you are being speculative", especially if it is negative exaggaration. I don't hate the dude, but I do think his approach ain't all that great, even if there are far worse. 

Also I think we should give people a break considering all of the crap happening this year.

There is a phenomenon of being addicted to negative emotion. Think of it like being addicted to drugs or dopamine, and needing hits of dopamine to feel normal.

Being addicted to negative emotion is an addiction to stress hormones. Not that it feels good, but that its how you feel normal. (if addicted)

People that take every opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill may do it out of habit, or out of need.

Another possibility is maybe relying too much on WF as an outlet for anxiety and stress. Lets be honest this year Fking sucks, and a video game can't complete your life. They could easily be taking out their frustrations on this game that was supposed to fix 2020 for them, but didn't.

Just something to keep in mind before crucifying anyone.

Just now, Hokibukisa said:

Also I think we should give people a break considering all of the crap happening this year.

Agreed which is why in my OP I said avoid personal attacks. I'm not just trying to throw crap his way. I would like him to not exaggerate his anger for views. I think it's a net negative 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't want anything from you. 

At risk of being accused of "repeating myself" again: others being worse doesn't mean his approach isn't an issue. Exxaggerating isn't okay just because "you are being speculative", especially if it is negative exaggaration. I don't hate the dude, but I do think his approach ain't all that great, even if there are far worse. 

Seems like you want drama though.

Actually exaggerating is the base of speculate. Speculating the worst case scenario, if its good or bad, is basically what you're doing when you don't have concrete evidence which is not available when the content being speculated in not yet released.  Its what he does with his content and its mostly backed with explanation why he thinks that.

You don't rate the guy and thats ok mate, but no reason to call him out when theres other culprits when answering the question about youtubers creating drama and creating divide between DE and the community.

*DE changes something*

If it's good in their point of view.

Content creator : SUPER OVERPOWERED SETUP MILLIONS OF DAMAGE EASY.

If it's bad in their point of view.

Content Creator : Marked for nerf. Useless. Can't 1 click the room so it's bad.

The clickbaits need to stop. You are KILLING the game. Yes DE isn't innocent either, but so does you content creator. 

I am glad DE stopped listening to them and uses actual objective data that is mostly opinion free.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I understand that statistics aren't always interpreted properly, that is true. As one professor I had in college once said "statistics are like a bikini: what they show is suggestive, what they conceal is vital". 

That said, as imperfect as they are at reading their own stats over the years, and all the ways they have misinterpreted or used them wrongly, it's still a better approach imo to focus mostly on stats, then listen to the latest player outrage from popular youtubers. But yes, if they could get a little better at understanding player concerns and attitudes and then apply them to their stats or use that understanding when interpreting stats, then I think they would get closer to an ideal approach. 

that's a... strange sounding quote but i agree with the premise of it.

i'm certainly not saying it's better to not have data, but it's no help and even a harm to have it if it's being misinterpreted.
data is great, but it's not a replacement for expertise and so the data is really not very useful unless you have someone(s) with the expertise to interpret it. so you still have to have top 1% Players of a game in order to do the right thing, as they're the ones that could actually interpret the data. heh.

data is great, i love data. but i also sortof hate data because it's abused more often than it isn't in modern times - or it certainly seems that way.

52 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

-snip-

woe is to a world that doesn't like atleast the majority of what train man has to say just because he's not being politically correct or agreeing with the viewer/reader in order to make them artificially feel good.
what about ethical issues brought up with warranted frustration because they are ethical issues to begin with.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

woe is to a world that doesn't like atleast the majority of what train man has to say just because he's not being politically correct or agreeing with the viewer/reader in order to make them artificially feel good.
what about ethical issues brought up with warranted frustration because they are ethical issues to begin with.

Not sure why you're quoting me and then posting that. I'm too dumb for that mate, need to use more walmart friendly vocabulary but I've replied more than i usually do in forums so do what you must.

3 hours ago, Brosef42 said:

Five months ago in April. Quiet Shy did an interview with DE scott and some other well know Warframe content creators. In the interview at 1:15:05, Brozime said, "The way my channel is, ah, I do usually in the videos play up a little bit. Just because, that is a little bit of the thing people want to see. That is, whenever I'm unhappy with a thing. That it's, like it's a big deal." This dude says he cares about the game and the community. While knowingly overreacting to problems to generate views. Then he wonders why DE doesn't listen. Which DE Scott confirmed himself in that same interview minutes before.

I will say I have enjoyed some of his content. I just worry that he might be creating a bigger divide between the community and the developers. Do you guys think this is a problem and if so. What could be done to help? Please try to avoid personal attacks. I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire. I just think people should be aware that he's knowingly creating drama. Which is an issue because how popular he is. 

3 words: don't watch em. it's as simple. youtube and warframe are completely seperate. the youtubers are completely in their right to make money however they prefer without breaking youtube's terms service. warframe playerbase mentality or the devs issues have nothing to do with them. its your choice if you wish to watch em or ignore em. nothing more nothing less

3 hours ago, Brosef42 said:

Five months ago in April. Quiet Shy did an interview with DE scott and some other well know Warframe content creators. In the interview at 1:15:05, Brozime said, "The way my channel is, ah, I do usually in the videos play up a little bit. Just because, that is a little bit of the thing people want to see. That is, whenever I'm unhappy with a thing. That it's, like it's a big deal." This dude says he cares about the game and the community. While knowingly overreacting to problems to generate views. Then he wonders why DE doesn't listen. Which DE Scott confirmed himself in that same interview minutes before.

I will say I have enjoyed some of his content. I just worry that he might be creating a bigger divide between the community and the developers. Do you guys think this is a problem and if so. What could be done to help? Please try to avoid personal attacks. I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire. I just think people should be aware that he's knowingly creating drama. Which is an issue because how popular he is. 

Brozime does not go for drama for drama's sake. I also see from the Warframe community labeling and calling any form of criticism "toxic". Youtubers like Rahetalius, Triburos, Sabuuchi, Quiet Shy etc. do engage in sarcasm to get their points across (heck, Sabuuchi and Brozime can be quite sarcastic, and Shy's channel is sassy sarcasm to the brim). At the same time, they are passionate and want the best for the game so when DE screws up, they highlight it as they should because us forum members are barely heard. DE reacts when people get loud, otherwise we're ignored. 

1 hour ago, Hokibukisa said:

There is a phenomenon of being addicted to negative emotion. Think of it like being addicted to drugs or dopamine, and needing hits of dopamine to feel normal.

Being addicted to negative emotion is an addiction to stress hormones. Not that it feels good, but that its how you feel normal. (if addicted)

People that take every opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill may do it out of habit, or out of need.

Another possibility is maybe relying too much on WF as an outlet for anxiety and stress. Lets be honest this year Fking sucks, and a video game can't complete your life. They could easily be taking out their frustrations on this game that was supposed to fix 2020 for them, but didn't.

Just something to keep in mind before crucifying anyone.

sounds like a bunch of alex jones talk here lol

Archived