Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why did bashee give up silence for helminth?

_Anise_

They said no iconic (or ultimate) abilities would be given up, bashee has 2 builds, silence and sonar so I am wondering mostly out of curiosity why select one of her only 2 good/used abilities for subsume?

It makes me want to compare it to mag using the same logic they probably should have given up mags 3? but they gave up mag's 1 basically almost the same as banshees 1 so my thought process is "they want to provide a wider range of abilities to subsume by not giving push and pull" then no because there are 3 different versions of decoy up for grabs so they seem fine with offering the same ability subsume slightly different multiple times.

firstly as the title says what logic do you think lead to them putting silence up for grabs? and to a lesser extent why didn't they do mag's 3 ?

secondly I feel that some other warframe that isn't' as squish could probably do silence banshee a LOT better than banshee can, thoughts on which ?

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

They said no iconic (or ultimate) abilities would be given up, bashee has 2 builds, silence and sonar so I am wondering mostly out of curiosity why select one of her only 2 good/used abilities for subsume?

It makes me want to compare it to mag using the same logic they probably should have given up mags 3? but they gave up mag's 1 basically almost the same as banshees 1 so my thought process is "they want to provide a wider range of abilities to subsume by not giving push and pull" then no because there are 3 different versions of decoy up for grabs so they seem fine with offering the same ability subsume slightly different multiple times.

firstly as the title says what logic do you think lead to them putting silence up for grabs? and to a lesser extent why didn't they do mag's 3 ?

secondly I feel that some other warframe that isn't' as squish could probably do silence banshee a LOT better than banshee can, thoughts on which ?

They also added Rhino's Roar. It should've been Charge.

Sonar has always been more iconic for the ridiculous damage numbers it could create. Where her Silence builds have always been for stealth farming which competes with Ivara and Equinox and for "melee banshee" builds which have always been more niche.

As I'd assume they choose Silence over SB because Silence has more stronger uses than SB does. And the choices they did make avoiding the most useless/overpowered option. Silence is better but not overpowered, Decoy is bad but has more uses than Switch Teleport, Roar isn't better than Charge but the community would think it is while not being overpowered at the same time, etc.

28 minutes ago, Formous said:

Banshee is the sad result of terrible nerfing. her quake is useless at all content tiers.

Just to quibble some, I'd say more like pretty close to useless for damage at anything but low levels.  Still useful for Mobile D and Interceptions where damage isn't needed.  With the augment, anyway.  (Probably without it too, but I dislike the base ability so much I never use it without Resonating Wave.)

I'm really surprised that people are saying that Silence is not a good ability. For my playstyle, it's an extremely good ability.

When used with around 100% range, enemies are stunned in a perfect radius around you. The stun doesn't last very long, so it obviously won't work well if you have massive range or tiny range, in both of those cases it loses its utility entirely. If you move out of range and then back in range, enemies are re-stunned [this is the fact I think people seem unaware of]. Therefore, if you're good at Warframe's mobility system and clever about positioning, you can stunlock two entire groups of enemies by just bullet jumping back and forth between them. If you prefer the "stand still and tank everything" playstyle, then this ability is not for you. For my personal taste, this ability is incredibly powerful - it makes me basically untouchable. i.e.: As long as I keep moving around the map, any enemy within attacking distance is always stunned.

To make things even better, silence prevents enemy abilities. [This information is notably missing from the Wiki]. Silence prevents the following:

• Heavy gunner / bombard ground slams.
  • Scorpion / ancient hook attacks.
  • Eximus bubbles.
  • Hyekka / drahk masters summoning pets, and prevents hyekka master fire bomb.
  • Many other generally annoying / frustrating effects.

Therefore, silence can basically make you untouchable if you employ a highly mobile playstyle, and prevents some of the most annoying enemy tactics. I honestly consider this to be the best ability that helminth offers. I've put it on many of my favourite frames and their survivability has increased drastically.

I have no idea how this incredible ability ended up in Helminth.

39 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

I'm really surprised that people are saying that Silence is not a good ability. For my playstyle, it's an extremely good ability.

When used with around 100% range, enemies are stunned in a perfect radius around you. The stun doesn't last very long, so it obviously won't work well if you have massive range or tiny range, in both of those cases it loses its utility entirely. If you move out of range and then back in range, enemies are re-stunned [this is the fact I think people seem unaware of]. Therefore, if you're good at Warframe's mobility system and clever about positioning, you can stunlock two entire groups of enemies by just bullet jumping back and forth between them. If you prefer the "stand still and tank everything" playstyle, then this ability is not for you. For my personal taste, this ability is incredibly powerful - it makes me basically untouchable. i.e.: As long as I keep moving around the map, any enemy within attacking distance is always stunned.

To make things even better, silence prevents enemy abilities. [This information is notably missing from the Wiki]. Silence prevents the following:

• Heavy gunner / bombard ground slams.
  • Scorpion / ancient hook attacks.
  • Eximus bubbles.
  • Hyekka / drahk masters summoning pets, and prevents hyekka master fire bomb.
  • Many other generally annoying / frustrating effects.

Therefore, silence can basically make you untouchable if you employ a highly mobile playstyle, and prevents some of the most annoying enemy tactics. I honestly consider this to be the best ability that helminth offers. I've put it on many of my favourite frames and their survivability has increased drastically.

I have no idea how this incredible ability ended up in Helminth.

And that's all without even getting into the augment.  😎

Many other generally annoying / frustrating effects.

I've got a thread discussing this.  I'd enjoy seeing a more complete list. 

Archived