Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

account suspended due to negative plat

Deejudanne

Question

so i have been trading some and bought character slots and some other things from the market  and today when i logged in it said my account was suspended due to negative plat and i wonder

can i just buy the plat to go positive to start playing again or do i have to contact support about it? feels frustrating to get banned for such a bs reason after spending several years in the game 

3 hours ago, Deejudanne said:

keep in mind that support still hasn't responded to my support tickets regarding this  

That really sucks I feel bad for you, I don't like their current solution for this either. I think at the very least they should build in a script that refunds you what you sold for the bad plat, so you aren't out that as well, as it really is possible to be totally innocent in these situations and just get screwed. 

That being said, support may be more likely to help you depending on the situation and how obvious they think it should have been too you. Did you check the players username, and MR? Their time played, stuff ranked up and percentages, events played in for recent and past activity? I know for many it is a rule of thumb, especially with large plat transactions, to check the sellers profile very carefully first, first clue is if username seems extremely random. It's no guarantee of course, sometimes someone with a very legit looking account "sold it" illegally to a scammer, or a longtime player decided they don't care if they get banned and went to the dark side, or bought plat from a third party side without realizing how stupid and illegal that is and got burned themselves. 

Either way, like I said while it is no guarantee, if you don't already I would suggest going over a buyers profile carefully before big transactions, if they are bothered by you taking the time to check, on such a big buy, I would be immediately suspicious, really suspect anyone rushing through a big transaction or agreeing to a big amount quickly imo, better safe than sorry even if you lose the current sale. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

That really sucks I feel bad for you, I don't like their current solution for this either. I think at the very least they should build in a script that refunds you what you sold for the bad plat, so you aren't out that as well, as it really is possible to be totally innocent in these situations and just get screwed. 

That being said, support may be more likely to help you depending on the situation and how obvious they think it should have been too you. Did you check the players username, and MR? Their time played, stuff ranked up and percentages, events played in for recent and past activity? I know for many it is a rule of thumb, especially with large plat transactions, to check the sellers profile very carefully first, first clue is if username seems extremely random. It's no guarantee of course, sometimes someone with a very legit looking account "sold it" illegally to a scammer, or a longtime player decided they don't care if they get banned and went to the dark side, or bought plat from a third party side without realizing how stupid and illegal that is and got burned themselves. 

Either way, like I said while it is no guarantee, if you don't already I would suggest going over a buyers profile carefully before big transactions, if they are bothered by you taking the time to check, on such a big buy, I would be immediately suspicious, really suspect anyone rushing through a big transaction or agreeing to a big amount quickly imo, better safe than sorry even if you lose the current sale. 

mr 29   not gonna drop any names if there are rules about naming and shaming 

On 2020-10-28 at 7:44 AM, Shifty_Shuffler said:

That is really bad and disappointing. If they can track dirty plat back to the seller, then they can surely track what the trade was and reimburse you. 

Maybe they should make it so players can't use recently purchased plat to buy stuff off other players for x amount of weeks or something. I dunno, current system needs updating so innocent sellers don't get screwed over by players using dirty plat.

Really Bad is the understatement of the decade, its DE being bloody lazy and punishing innocent players just because they can!  They can track everything in this game, if they choose to but they choose not to help the player who is innocently caught out by this scam.  I see MR 0 players all the time saying in chat "anyone wanna buy plat".. a lot of new players get scammed by this and DE do absolutely nothing and have done nothing for years.  This is a DE problem not a players problem.  They need to fix this but like every other issue in the game they just dont give a stuff.    How the hell can a player selling something know the plat is legit?  Its ludicrous that they do this to its players. 

This is why I'm being too paranoid to trade at all. You can never, ever know when you get fraudulent plat and I've heard it could be weeks, if not a month when someone can issue a chargeback and make the plat they traded fraudulent, affecting every single player they traded it to, not to mention affected innocent players can trade said plat to someone else and they'd become affected too. It doesn't matter if you trade Rivens for thousands or just something small with little plat left - if the amount of fraudulent plat you received is greater than your current balance at the moment of the scammer issuing a chargeback, you'll go into negatives and get banned until you pay. Hell, I've even heard stories of people receiving gifts bought with fraudulent plat and going into negatives. If that is indeed true, if one is malicious enough, they can potentially just get whoever they want banned should the person accept the "gift".

I would like to think I'm being overly cautious, but if the support has been telling the victims to just buy their way back in (with no discounts, mind you) for years as the only solution, I'd rather keep my distance from trading. Last thing I'd want is to end up without the funds to access a free-to-play game one day to no fault of mine, heh.

Really sorry this happened to you - glad you got it resolved at least.

Just now, -AncientWarrior- said:

Really Bad is the understatement of the decade, its DE being bloody lazy and punishing innocent players just because they can!  They can track everything in this game, if they choose to but they choose not to help the player who is innocently caught out by this scam.  I see MR 0 players all the time saying in chat "anyone wanna buy plat".. a lot of new players get scammed by this and DE do absolutely nothing and have done nothing for years.  This is a DE problem not a players problem.  They need to fix this but like every other issue in the game they just dont give a stuff.    How the hell can a player selling something know the plat is legit?  Its ludicrous that they do this to its players. 

yes i know  i can show screenshots of tickets from 2015 where i complained about drops and they even timed when X item dropped in the support ticket 

On 2020-10-31 at 10:38 PM, nslay said:

Now what if a dirty rotten player secured 100 bad plat, bought an item from another player for the 100 bad plat, then sells this same item for 100+ good plat? Who gets punished?

I think you will probably find that the dirty rotten player with the bad plat is just a middleman, someone's alt throwaway account, they then trade the item they bought with dirty plat to their main account. There may be a few steps in between.

3 hours ago, ZiggySt4rdust said:

You could've bought 6 GTA V copies with that amount, holy 💩 !!!

could use the money for a lot of things but eh.... i looked through my last 20 tickets over the 5 years i have played and they have always responded after like 5-6 days the support i mean

On 2020-10-28 at 3:48 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

100$$ OMG!

Honestly if it was me, and I knew I was absolutely innocent -no collusion or scamming with whoever did the bad plat-

I'd have told DE to shove it. There are plenty of other great games to play, that cost a lot less than 100$....

Definitely scummy and lazy of them. That said you could probably reduce your chances of falling into this trap by ensuring that you're only trading with a high MR player. It won't guarantee that you'll never be banned for negative plat, but I imagine a high MR player might be less inclined to throw their account away on a chargeback.

Just now, brasteir said:

Definitely scummy and lazy of them. That said you could probably reduce your chances of falling into this trap by ensuring that you're only trading with a high MR player. It won't guarantee that you'll never be banned for negative plat, but I imagine a high MR player might be less inclined to throw their account away on a chargeback.

i did trade with a guy that was mr 29 almost 30  so no mr does not mean anything in this 

30 minutes ago, Deejudanne said:

i did trade with a guy that was mr 29 almost 30  so no mr does not mean anything in this 

And how often does this happen really where a mr 29 decides to throw away his account? AFAIK you get slammed with an auto 2035 ban if an account has been hacked. So that's also unlikely. 

It's just good sense either way to know who you're trading with. 

On 2020-11-03 at 4:39 PM, brasteir said:

That said you could probably reduce your chances of falling into this trap by ensuring that you're only trading with a high MR player. It won't guarantee that you'll never be banned for negative plat, but I imagine a high MR player might be less inclined to throw their account away on a chargeback.

If what I've read is correct, the legitimacy of platinum is not cleared after it's traded a second time. It could be that it can carry from player to player, affecting anyone who traded with the scammer/first victim in a chain, so no one is safe.

I hope I'm wrong though.

This needs to be sorted. Your not telling me that DE doesn't have data on every item traded and by whom and to whoever because they seem to have data on everything else in the game.

Stop being so lazy and stop punishing the victims of this.

On 2020-10-27 at 3:37 PM, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

This sounds like a ill way of getting players back into a game that unknowingly traded illegal plat. How is a player to know. Something DE needs to look into rather than letting players believe they have to buy their way back into the game at the fault of someone else. I would have waited on support before spending 100 bucks. This is a DE issue they need to resolve. 

That's the issue, you're right, and DE is right.
The trade could have been done as a form of "Platinum Launder" to make it legit, which is why they revoke it. Also you're right, they have had time to implement a more secure trade system, like an auction and whatnot, which they can better use to control these.

Also, as a final word, if you've traded the equivalent of 100$ in the game, maybe hold of on spending it. Because, lets be honest anyone that spends that much plat on stuff is either way too rich, or maybe not all his platinum is legit. Because, lets face it, that's 1/10 of a whole computer, and at least two new games for that amount of money, there's no Riven worth that much.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK:

This sounds like a ill way of getting players back into a game that unknowingly traded illegal plat. How is a player to know. Something DE needs to look into rather than letting players believe they have to buy their way back into the game at the fault of someone else. I would have waited on support before spending 100 bucks. This is a DE issue they need to resolve. 

I am also a Victim of this issue and support basically says what is already known. Buy your negative plat amount to get back into the game.

I would contact support to confirm that there isn't any other suspension in place before you buy, but generally speaking if you have negative platinum you can purchase more to get back into the game.

I have only come into this error once on PC, it's a form of repossession of suspected illegally bought platinum.  It's possible that you may have traded with someone who did, and they suspected you of it too.  How much is the amount?

I didn't experienced that but many times I saw someone with this problem, support tells them to buy platinium to solve the negative plat balance. So I guess yes, it should be the solution.

Since negative plat is caused by fraudulent plat, it seems legit to buy plat again to solve that issue.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Tribal Souljah1 said:

I would contact support to confirm that there isn't any other suspension in place before you buy, but generally speaking if you have negative platinum you can purchase more to get back into the game.

I have only come into this error once on PC, it's a form of repossession of suspected illegally bought platinum.  It's possible that you may have traded with someone who did, and they suspected you of it too.  How much is the amount?

2015 plat,  sold arcane energizer rank 5 and some rivens 

Archived