The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Queenpin and Railjack: What is everyone looking forward to?

DSkycroft

57 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

EotqermU0AINVqr?format=jpg&name=small

EotqsbZU8AETg-F?format=jpg&name=small

You won't have to. 

Those stats are of everyone who has ever downloaded the game for whatever reason. Meaning that's 1%, including bot accounts, people who downloaded years ago and never came back, alt accounts and so forth. There's tens of millions of 'registered' players, but only a fraction of that is the active playerbase.

Those stats are going to be hilariously inaccurate for people who are, at the moment, actively engaged with or following the game, whilst DE will have more accurate statistics.

24 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Those stats are of everyone who has ever downloaded the game for whatever reason. Meaning that's 1%, including bot accounts, people who downloaded years ago and never came back, alt accounts and so forth. There's tens of millions of 'registered' players, but only a fraction of that is the active playerbase.

Those stats are going to be hilariously inaccurate for people who are, at the moment, actively engaged with or following the game, whilst DE will have more accurate statistics.

Dont you dare take this away from tem with your silly common sense, you monster!

Steam Achievements to find validation have been used far too long, we need something new!

On 2020-11-07 at 12:51 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

once the bugs are ironed out, there's a few things:

- killing people en-masse with a briefcase gun. I WILL make that sales meeting at 2:00, no matter what *machine gun fire*

- big-a$$ laser battles in space vs Corpus fighters, I want the risk of seizures to be as high as the risk of getting blown up!

- seeing what funny names Corpus Queenpins can have. 

- seeing variants of certain corpus weapons. come on, Lich Convectrix and Ferrox...

- integration with Railjack! FINALLY! another step closer to what was promised at TennoCon 2019. 

of course, we still need to temper our hype: this won't be coming until maybe late December at the earliest, but I think it's more likely to be 2021 when we get it. 

I doubt there will be Lich Variants of Corpus Weapons (although i'd like a Arca Plasmor, or Opticor Variant), but it seems their weapons will be the briefcase ones, so thats it.

Late December?
Nah man, you're not going to get any of that until 2021... They already said that the only thing coming this year is Lavos.

В 07.12.2020 в 16:14, Culaio сказал:

I didnt really say anything about difficulty also it isnt just grind, dislikes accelerated after DE announcement  that there is no more big updates this year. so people are craving some good content.

people want content that isnt grindy but is rewarding and rewards dont lose value so you can keep doing it. without it feeling meaningless.

People want content that is impossible. Also, people seem to really want another content patch on the stability level of RJ-release. People need to #*!% off.

5 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

I doubt there will be Lich Variants of Corpus Weapons (although i'd like a Arca Plasmor, or Opticor Variant), but it seems their weapons will be the briefcase ones, so thats it.

The briefcase one seems to be one of their unique weapons, like the Chakhurr  or the Shildeg, so I wouldn't count the chickens before they're hatched.

(Though a full line of transforming, concealed weapons would 100% be something I'd fawn over. I'm a sucker for them)

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

Late December?
Nah man, you're not going to get any of that until 2021... They already said that the only thing coming this year is Lavos.

i wonder if its one weapon, or a randomized modular weapon?

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i wonder if its one weapon, or a randomized modular weapon?

From watching the devstream, i'm thinking they're making several different suitcase themed ones as the lichqueen rewards. Hope i'm wrong, since having the whole reward structure based on a joke theme, is incredibly lame.

On 2020-12-08 at 11:41 PM, ReaverKane said:

Late December?

Guess what arca plasmor shaped queenpin weapon got leaked.

1 minute ago, Kaze.no.Senshi said:

Guess what arca plasmor shaped queenpin weapon got leaked.

That leak doesn't confirm its a queenpin weapon, that's what some people speculate. It might be, but as far as i know, its not confirmed. Neither does it have any of the lich features (different look, extra status damage), nor does the name they use suggest it would be a Queenpin weapon (BE Arca Plasmor).

So i'd hold your horses. I think i said before that i hope i'm wrong, but i'd curb my enthusiasm... That's how people end up over-hyping stuff, and "hating" new good content because it doesn't conform to their fantasies.

Honestly?

... I'm just looking to blow some ships up. That's all I want right now in Railjack: to blow. ships. up.

Also, I'm looking forward for the Queenpins. I don't have much of a wishlist as for what I want: if they're the same or better than the Kuva Liches, I'll be satisfied and they're more than welcome to join my army.

MasterJ93's Angels

(Also I want them and my converted Kuva Liches in my Railjack.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i gotta say though,we hear a lot about the normal citizens in lore,but nver seen much of them.Maybe we could have something like a space citizen colony,like near the mars asteroid belt to meet up with the rail agents eudi talks about,or maybe an actual space station for mining and marketing to the common citizen of the origin citizen.Maybe make it a secondary base with Tickers' commnad hiring where they have better stats but must be given wages or kept happy unless they embezzle off you or sell you out to the corpus?IT would actually show the lawlessnes of the orokin collapse more than what we say of the two empires duking it out.

it would be also be great to show void fissures in space over the planets having them,maybe make them damge ships but imbue buffs to frames like energy?or probably give you an option to skip junctions entirely and la-di-da-di-da through space for resrouceslike asterite or titanium with actual deciated mining lasers,not having to blast them apart,or occasionaly stumble on encounters like a fleeing rail agent and choose to help them,or see an amassing fleet before an invasion and choose to warn the opssite faction.RIght now the tenno work as literal guns for hire just showing up when and where they feel like.This would give you an actual decison making feeling rather than just drop in,murder armies and then extract.It could give you a greater satisfaction like that army you slaughtrered were jsut about to invade that asteroid base and someone in the relays tell you.

Just some ideas about the depiction of orokin fall anarchy depiction and actualy sense of influencing the system other than ticker or some of the quests or bounties.

Am 7.11.2020 um 09:39 schrieb DSkycroft:

What is everyone else excited for?

well i would say im not excited at all since the gameplay will not realy change everything else i could say is basicly what i expect it will be and thats not part of this topic
maybe there will be bug fixes that could be nice.

well btw found another gamebreaking bug right now just saying ... it is sad that i already got a list for somethin like that.

In regards to the title:  I'm not looking forward to either system.  Liches were a massive disappointment and completely inferior in every way to the system that clearly inspired them.  Railjack is just a tedious, unbalanced, boring mess.  Made worse by cramming in a totally *different* damage system with really no explanation and that barely even functions, especially where it overlaps with Archwing and the existing mod system.

Having now played some of Shadow of War, I now get why people were so aggressively disappointed in the Lich system compared to the Nemesis system. Feels like DE kind of missed the memo of why it was good and used the baseline mechanics without understanding the meaning, leading to what's effectively a half-decent MMO grind system dressed in a Nemesis system trenchcoat instead of something that'd actually make said grind system good. So not only is it only half-decent at best, it's pretending to be something quite a bit different and quite a bit more special.

So as not to derail the thread entirely, the rest of my point here is in spoilers.

Spoiler

The Nemesis system is honestly a pretty bad name, because it's not about a special relationship between you and one specific boss. The system's strength is that it pulls a less-meta Undertale, remembering damn near every interaction you have with any Orc captain (and any mooks who succeed in offing you) and calling it back. So you can be minding your own business, brutally slaughtering some poor captain by dropping a wasps nest on his head and executing him before he's even had a chance to introduce himself, and then twenty minutes later he shows up again as a living hive of the damn things. And then multiply it by 10-odd Orcs who you've run into by chance, or even just two orcs randomly having beef and having their own epic boss fight with each other in the background, completely unrelated to your actions.

In other words, about as far from how the Lich system works as possible. I get why, that kind of system would be hellishly impractical to code into Warframe and probably more annoying than anything, so what we get being more of a traditional MMO grind was probably what was actually called for. It's even what was hinted at to some degree in the first show-off, since it's not like Rebb came across some random Grineer who was like "you killed me best mate!" earlier in the demo, but why even point out that you were inspired by the Nemesis system if you knew you were going in your own direction?

Either DE dramatically missed the memo of the nemesis system, or the memo they should have learned from Hello Games about managing player expectations and how players will (rightfully) analyse everything and set their expectations accordingly.

Archived