Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a refund mechanic for helminth

(PSN)adachi_2

4 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

So I put immoltion on Octavia it didn't work EMP power is still best for me but I want a refund mechanic because helps to make experimental build without going bankrupt 

Uhhh... did you put it on all of the loadouts? If not I think you can just swap to a different one and replicate your build.

just like most other things there should be a try it before you buy it (zaw's, kitguns, helminth, whatever else i missed). maybe in the simulacrum or some other other place. this game is lacking a lot of quality of life features that should be common sense and i dont expect it to ever change.

i just love how even after the many many MANY layers of active choices we have to make...people still complain that they want do overs.

no. it ate your warframe...you cant have it back, its gone.

if its too expensive for you to experiment...then dont experiment. the helminth system is for advanced players anyway....if youre struggling with the resources...maybe thats a sign.

The system does not reflect what it's supposed to do. And that's allow players to FREELY experiment. Once a power is unlocked for a frame it should be able to be swapped out at will. Forcing players to constantly waste resources to try stuff out is extremely bad design.

Like many people said, your supposed to invest and know what your putting in helminth beforehand. 

Its made to be a sink for any surplus resources for the big old kiddos with millions of rubedo. In that sort of sense those people can "freely experiment".

If you needed those resources and you spent them on helminth, then go on to complain in the forums about it, its not really made for you.

14 hours ago, vomder said:

The system does not reflect what it's supposed to do. And that's allow players to FREELY experiment. Once a power is unlocked for a frame it should be able to be swapped out at will. Forcing players to constantly waste resources to try stuff out is extremely bad design.

Where did you get the idea it was to allow free experimentation? It was designed as a resource sink from the start and it does that job very well, this is even shown how originally it was going to have a higher MR lockout but people complained so they lowered the entry MR.  

9 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

Where did you get the idea it was to allow free experimentation? It was designed as a resource sink from the start and it does that job very well, this is even shown how originally it was going to have a higher MR lockout but people complained so they lowered the entry MR.  

From the way the presented it and and them telling players to experiment. You can't really do that if you constantly have to be expending resources. We didn't need a resource sink. And this doesn't do that job well. As the system is poorly designed, as seen by what abilities are being used the most. It's mostly a forgone conclusion that instead of wasting time and resources trying stuff out, to just slap on a damage power.

15 hours ago, vomder said:

From the way the presented it and and them telling players to experiment. You can't really do that if you constantly have to be expending resources. We didn't need a resource sink. And this doesn't do that job well. As the system is poorly designed, as seen by what abilities are being used the most. It's mostly a forgone conclusion that instead of wasting time and resources trying stuff out, to just slap on a damage power.

They say in the demo of it that it isn't for new players, if it was just free to swap abilities all you want then what is the trade off of the system or why wouldn't it be for new players? 

We did need a resource sink, I got millions of resources laying around doing nothing but if they put in anything new in game I can craft it no problem and not even think about it.  So when they put things into game they either have to lock the blueprints behind grind walls or keep introducing more resource so older players can't just blow through it in 5 mins. 

Sure the abilities they picked to be subsumable did skew the system towards a select few abilities but that was their choice of abilities not the design of the base system of helminth that hurt the desire to bother to experiment . 

Archived