Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about we buff kuva gains from kuva-related missions?

deothor

On 2020-11-14 at 3:47 PM, Loza03 said:

It interests me that whenever the Steel Essence rates come up, it has nothing to do with the rewards exclusive or semi-exclusive to it, like Stance Forma, special cosmetics, or the soon-to-be Umbral Forma, but rather Kuva.

Perhaps they should remove Kuva from the Steel Path shop? I mean, we're getting Umbral Forma, that's a far more potent reward at the end of the day.

Wait... We are getting umbra forma with steel essence?

51 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Wait... We are getting umbra forma with steel essence?

Currently it's 100SE for 1 umbra forma, but your farming options will be insanely limited. 5 assassination bounties giving 3SE each a day (15SE total) and 2SE per acolytes which are rare af. Overall it will take you about a week of work to get 1 umbra forma. Also not to mention some SP bosses are major pain in butt to kill, so you'll have to farm SE for minimum hour/day just like sortie. but longer and worse. Lovely. 

Overall a terrible nosedive for SE farming because DE hates rewarding players for time spent. They want you to threat WF as second job.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Yup.

9 minutes ago, deothor said:

Currently it's 100SE for 1 umbra forma, but your farming options will be insanely limited. 5 assassination bounties giving 3SE each a day (15SE total) and 2SE per acolytes which are rare af. Overall it will take you about a week of work to get 1 umbra forma. Also not to mention some SP bosses are major pain in butt to kill, so you'll have to farm SE for minimum hour/day just like sortie. but longer and worse. Lovely. 

Overall a terrible nosedive for SE farming because DE hates rewarding players for time spent. They want you to threat WF as second job.

Were I can find this info? But this is the end of the little difficulty of SP, from now on the system will be chopped to be "new player friendly" when they start to complain that they cannot access to umbra forma, regardless if the devs wants it to be as a "elite" snack for "vets".

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Were I can find this info?

I found it yesterday in top thread in WF subreddit, here: 

The thing is, this thread is hidden in subforum available only for testers it seems, cause you can't find the thread anywhere here in forums (or i'm rly bad at searching)

53 minutes ago, deothor said:

I found it yesterday in top thread in WF subreddit, here: 

The thing is, this thread is hidden in subforum available only for testers it seems, cause you can't find the thread anywhere here in forums (or i'm rly bad at searching)

Oh, I understand know. We can't see it because it's the test cluster subforum. I mean, the cluster is for that, to offer feedback saying "this balance sucks" with more elaborate words and arguments to sustain that feedback. If the tester can't change that and if we end up seeing this values in live, then we all can complain about it. For now, pure speculation and I'm sure the subforum is hidden for a reason, so this is a really stupid move from the user honestly. 

Fear mongering doesn't help anybody, we've been seeing that for years and people still refuses to understand it for some reason. Take Deimos and the Helminth system as an example.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Oh, I understand know. We can't see it because it's the test cluster subforum. I mean, the cluster is for that, to offer feedback saying "this balance sucks" with more elaborate words and arguments to sustain that feedback. If the tester can't change that and if we end up seeing this values in live, then we all can complain about it. For now, pure speculation and I'm sure the subforum is hidden for a reason, so this is a really stupid move from the user honestly. 

Fear mongering doesn't help anybody, we've been seeing that for years and people still refuses to understand it for some reason. Take Deimos and the Helminth system as an example.

I am confident that after the useless test group that had trouble killing Vay Hek in Steel Path beta, that whatever they're testing we will receive a watered down version with virtually no challenge to it. And that applies to the grind as well.

20 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I am confident that after the useless test group that had trouble killing Vay Hek in Steel Path beta, that whatever they're testing we will receive a watered down version with virtually no challenge to it. And that applies to the grind as well.

I forgot that. I think test cluster just by pure RNG aren't really achieving the pourpose of the TC itself, because they don't seem to understand why they are on there on first place, wich is mroe strange considering that we opt in to enter. Genuinelly interesting people.

15 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I forgot that. I think test cluster just by pure RNG aren't really achieving the pourpose of the TC itself, because they don't seem to understand why they are on there on first place, wich is mroe strange considering that we opt in to enter. Genuinelly interesting people.

Well the main issue is the cluster itself, I'm not entirely convinced it's random invite but even taking away from that and the obvious inclusion of some well known youtuber content creators, some of which are actually quite bad at the game, I can say for certain they don't allow any of the exploiter crowd in, people who find bugs for fun or for the memes. Those kinds of players are the ones they actually need in there because they'll find what's wrong or right with an update in terms of underlying mechanics and using builds that can trivialize it, much more easily than the ones they actually invite currently.

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well the main issue is the cluster itself, I'm not entirely convinced it's random invite but even taking away from that and the obvious inclusion of some well known youtuber content creators, some of which are actually quite bad at the game, I can say for certain they don't allow any of the exploiter crowd in, people who find bugs for fun or for the memes. Those kinds of players are the ones they actually need in there because they'll find what's wrong or right with an update in terms of underlying mechanics and using builds that can trivialize it, much more easily than the ones they actually invite currently.

I agree, but maybe that's the target they need to hear? People who isn't that deep into the understanding of the game, to have feedback on the "regular player" side? Doesn0't make much more sense to me but I'm baffled to see this reddit reaction.

This is a certified...

Reddit Moment | Know Your Meme

50 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It will be. By adding umbra Forma to SP, its almost guaranteed to be watered down. Im waiting to see how much they nerf the enemies again. 

i'd mostly rather have more places that i can get the Resource. i'm at the end of the train, there's nothing else for me to do really other than grind evergreen Resources / Prime crap.

On 2020-11-14 at 9:26 AM, (PSN)sister-hawk said:

Kuva Siphon missions definitely need to give more. I’d much rather run a variety of different short mission types than play a boring survival mission for 30 minutes or more.

Siphons already are the most rewarding per Minute by default, it's just that Charm is a lot less consistently useful in Siphons versus Survival/Disruption.

On 2020-11-14 at 3:08 PM, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

I have... literally have more Kuva than I know what to do with.

we all have more of a Resource than we know what to do with if/when we aren't spending the Resource. but if one is, then that's not an issue for Kuva since it's an evergreen Resource.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I am confident that after the useless test group that had trouble killing Vay Hek in Steel Path beta,

people were? i mean, i'm not too far off from oneshotting Vay Hek Solo. 
but, ok. *scratches head*

29 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I agree, but maybe that's the target they need to hear? People who isn't that deep into the understanding of the game, to have feedback on the "regular player" side?

meh, it's a statement of fact that the most experienced and educated people on a subject are the ones best suited to be able to understand both the top and bottom ends of the spectrum. anybody else, is unable to see past their own rung of the Ladder.

people need to both be smart enough to know what they don't know, and smart enough to for the most part 'know everything' - otherwise you simply don't have context.
game systems that aren't the most obvious to people lower on that Ladder climb is something to address, as that's usually the barrier that slows or halts the rate of people ascending that Ladder.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

meh, it's a statement of fact that the most experienced and educated people on a subject are the ones best suited to be able to understand both the top and bottom ends of the spectrum. anybody else, is unable to see past their own rung of the Ladder.

people need to both be smart enough to know what they don't know, and smart enough to for the most part 'know everything' - otherwise you simply don't have context.
game systems that aren't the most obvious to people lower on that Ladder climb is something to address, as that's usually the barrier that slows or halts the rate of people ascending that Ladder.

I agree with this, but I can't understand then why just don't ask people who meets a criteria, like, play time, mission play time, performance, MR... Maybe it's too hard? Unrealistic? Too compromise with a random player? If so, then why compromise a total random with the task of giving feedback? Doesn't make sense to me.

At least their logic behind the SP and SE changes is perfeclty fine imho.

35 minutes ago, taiiat said:

people were? i mean, i'm not too far off from oneshotting Vay Hek Solo. 
but, ok. *scratches head*

Yes a certain youtube content creator was using a corrosive status Shedu to kill him and saying that Vay Hek was too tanky... 
Yeh I 1 shot him as well, quite comfortably. 
Add to that the massive noise that was made about Archwing enemies being too tough that prompted DE to lower their max level, even though most of us completely wrecked Jordas Golem in a few shots by modding correctly.

7 hours ago, deothor said:

No one said you're entitled to get umbra forma every hour....so what's the issue?

the sad thing is even through the steel path modifiers the overall bosses were kinda still in the 3-4 shotable area  with a proper build (no riven) , i especiallly like the ambulas fight because that thing also has quite good movement and has some noticable  damage 'compared' to other units in the game 

8 hours ago, Talinthis said:

so you are saying that my two runs totaling roughly 4 hours that gained me 400+ steel essence is going to take me a month now?

No.

Your time will be about as rewarding as previously along with guaranteed daily mission rewards aswell.

Why do people simply not just do the math before complaining?

Forma umbra once per week, you can do it like Riven acquisition with ricen sliver.

Getting limited steel essence, means overall less for the same time of play, which isn't good.

I feel that it will just add 1 check to the daily warframe routine.  And that I won't do the dailies unless the mission is appealing (i.e. not too long and not too boring).

2h+ survival to get enough kuva to reroll a riven with a slight chance to get a good roll wasn't that broken tbh. The issue is more that some people have enough free time to do it more than once a day... and several days a week, that result in an riven economy crisis

1 hour ago, killerJoke66 said:

the sad thing is even through the steel path modifiers the overall bosses were kinda still in the 3-4 shotable area  with a proper build (no riven) , i especiallly like the ambulas fight because that thing also has quite good movement and has some noticable  damage 'compared' to other units in the game 

most of them were 1 shots actually, even without the riven.

10 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I agree, but maybe that's the target they need to hear? People who isn't that deep into the understanding of the game, to have feedback on the "regular player" side? Doesn0't make much more sense to me but I'm baffled to see this reddit reaction.

We all are regular, casual players. Some of us enjoy content at lvl 30, others at 70, and handful of us at 7000.

Personally I believe SP should be feedbacked mostly by folks that actually enjoy playing on said level, cause what lvl30 player could feedback you, other than he struggles and content has to be made easier?

Archived