Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is anyone else laughing about how to build the new Cernos? :D

-CdG-Zilchy

I just have to wonder what they were thinking, you literally build 2 bad weapons to build a 3rd bad weapon lol. I suppose it's great for new players cos they get to simply offload the one they built and levelled. I'm not complaining about this, it's just amusing and feels like those Russian dolls one inside the other. I'm just curious as to what was drunk the night before they came with this :)

4n55tz.jpg

Gas became a casuality of the shield gating change, which was overall a very good one. But losing the ability to bypass shields and then removing it applying toxin procs to the target was a double nerf.

I don't think gas will get its shield bypass back now or anytime soon, but the damage type needs something else to make it viable. Maybe an effect that lowers the maximum health of an organic target over time and slows robotics.

12 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I don't think gas will get its shield bypass back now or anytime soon

That isn't even relevant. Gas does not scale with Toxin/Heat mods. If you have Gas on your build you'd significantly increase your damage by taking either the Heat or the Toxin mod off.

Just wait for the Quadproboscis - Cernos. 

lwnhhCD.png

Building it will require five Proboscis Cernos! (for some reason) 

It is a small miracle, that blueprints are still pretending to only need up to four different resources.

Kidding aside, I don`t really find the building requirements that bad (Though it is possible that I only say that because I still had a Mutalist Cernos). 
It would add convenience, if the game would refund invested Forma and Catalysts from the "base"-weapon(s), but one could always just build another one, so it seems pretty fair on that front.
The time gating could get a little bit annoying, since you have to wait for the Cernos and then the Mutalist Cernos, if you build it from the start, but nothing about this weapon really screams "Whyyy?!! Oh dear Eldritch Gods, why?!?!". Since it is 2020, that is really all the standard something has to clear for me, so I am fine with that. 

11 minutes ago, Happynuke said:

Just wait for the Quadproboscis - Cernos. 

lwnhhCD.png

Building it will require five Proboscis Cernos! (for some reason) 

It is a small miracle, that blueprints are still pretending to only need up to four different resources.

Kidding aside, I don`t really find the building requirements that bad (Though it is possible that I only say that because I still had a Mutalist Cernos). 
It would add convenience, if the game would refund invested Forma and Catalysts from the "base"-weapon(s), but one could always just build another one, so it seems pretty fair on that front.
The time gating could get a little bit annoying, since you have to wait for the Cernos and then the Mutalist Cernos, if you build it from the start, but nothing about this weapon really screams "Whyyy?!! Oh dear Eldritch Gods, why?!?!". Since it is 2020, that is really all the standard something has to clear for me, so I am fine with that. 

Points for the cartoon lol :D

Oh I don't mind the build, costs etc I've played this game far too long to care. I just find it amusing that this is their train of thought for a new weapon :)

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That's bait but I'll play. Tell me it's the bow you'd choose to use out of the current crop ;)

Depends on what my mission is. I'll go for Daikyu for single target kills, but Mutalist Cernos is an awesome AoE weapon that can do hours of Steel Path Mot with Ivara using Empowered Quiver. Mutalist Cernos is a great crit weapon that also spreads status and Hunter Munition procs well. Maybe I have bias for having perfect Rivens on both Daikyu and Mutalist Cernos, but I really like both depending on what I am running. Cernos Prime is also a nice weapon. :)

Archived