Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it bad that I spent 934 hours yet I'm MR14

(PSN)adachi_2

Question

Just now, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Its worrying because I see a MR 22 and he spent less time than me

Oh well there is some tenno who rank up fast but honestly MR does not really mean anything. 

Dont worry about it ^.^ 

I have around 1550 ish hours in game and i'm only mr 27 and nobody ever pointed it out ( dont look at my steam time i dont know why its over 4k hours  well i do know why but shh its a secret)

Just now, trunks013 said:

Oh well there is some tenno who rank up fast but honestly MR does not really mean anything. 

Dont worry about it ^.^ 

I have around 1550 ish hours in game and i'm only mr 27 and nobody ever pointed it out ( dont look at my steam time i dont know why its over 4k hours  well i do know why but shh its a secret)

Oh thank god

just means they collect and master equipment efficiently. that's all. 

it is a huge bonus since it adds quite a bit to your maximum standing, traces, loadouts, etc. and it also makes your weapons start higher level so you can actually attach mods at r0. that last one is a huge perk. around mr23-ish i noticed i didn't get anxiety anymore when i forma or get a new weapon to rank up lul

Time doesn't really equal MR, he could have an account that was transferred to console (no idea how the time played transfers over) or just had the knowhow from playing on PC prior.

Heck I reached max MR (at the time 28) in under a year on PC just from all the knowhow from my console days.

Well MR only shows how many of the weapons and warframes that you have/have used. Being a low MR at that many hours just means that either you played when there was a smaller volume of available items when you got the bulk of your time, or you just prefer to use the items that you already have. I'm an MR 27 with just under 600 in-game hours, but I have been pretty efficient about my affinity (bringing underleveled stuff into missions and almost never having no weapons/warframes waiting to be levelled), so that's how I got MR so fast. Also, my friend that got me into the game had a basically completed dojo.

At the rate that I am going, I will almost definitely reach MR 28 before I have played for one calendar year. But that doesn't mean that I am better at the game than you. I have killed a grand total of 12ish Eidolons and have only done one Kuva siphon mission. Mastering mechanics takes longer than making numbers go up.

TL,DR: MR doesn't say anything about your abilities.

18 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Yes, because that's all there is to it. There's no effort put into unlocking all the stuff before hand, right?

That only starts to matter at the high 28-30 ranks, and the more items that get added in to the game, the less it matters to max out all the useless amps, archwing weapons and k-drives. Every patch makes those items less and less mandatory to acquire to reach 30.

2 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

That only starts to matter at the high 28-30 ranks, and the more items that get added in to the game, the less it matters to max out all the useless amps, archwing weapons and k-drives. Every patch makes those items less and less mandatory to acquire to reach 30.

You still need to unlock whatever you're leveling. You're not going anywhere near 30 without having all the prime and normal warframes (or close enough), for example.
Sure in time that changes, but so does the goal post. When i started playing, a MR 20 was a pretty high MR person. Now its more middle of the road than anything, in fact it takes more Affinity to go from 20-30 than from 1-20.
And when people start showing up with Legendary Ranks, that'll be the continuation of the same thing. MR matters a bit, because unlike other games where the goalpost is fixed, but the ways to obtain it increase, in warframe they move the goalpost with the new ways of unlocking it. So being at the top of MR does take some effort.
Up to 20, its somewhat easier, yes, but still takes some effort.

Mate I've played on and off since this came out and I'm MR. 20. And I only leveled those up recently, I can say that at rank 18 it doesn't really matter at all. I never had to grind ranks to unlock a weapon or anything else really. And remember, MR rank 30 only became relevant like a month ago or something. Just strap on your fav gun and go have fun. 😉

3 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Its worrying because I see a MR 22 and he spent less time than me

All depends oh how you play and cheese everything in game or if others user real money for play. If you invest any kind of money for play you will progress x10 quicker than others who play totally free. But in the end you can get the same results free or with money.

Archived